Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Ularg posted:

Does anyone remember in the Alpha/Beta trying to find the best green weapon?

I'm waiting for the purple version of Cydonia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
How many of ya'll have actually seen this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=163_C5UVU-I

cuz gently caress

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

FishBulb posted:

cuz gently caress

It's on the jukebox, you can dance to it.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Kumo posted:

It's on the jukebox, you can dance to it.

But not the video

They should rehire Marty O'Donnel just so they can fire him again

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

FishBulb posted:

cuz gently caress

what the gently caress

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I hoped the expansion will have a new patrol activity. Since theres nothing new, I feel a bit bored actually.

I know this expansion is made by the live team, so my expectations are low, but all other expansions added a new patrol activity so this is less that even my low expectations.

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

We've already seen the icon for a new patrol beacon in the Cosmodrome stream, so it's likely we'll get something new on the 20th.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Tei posted:

I hoped the expansion will have a new patrol activity. Since theres nothing new, I feel a bit bored actually.

I know this expansion is made by the live team, so my expectations are low, but all other expansions added a new patrol activity so this is less that even my low expectations.

Gotta admit brfore the patch i thought eh yeah another patrol event I'll be bored of in 5 mins and now there isnt any im kind of disappointed.

Ttk was a pretty big change accross the board this feels a little light. Hope the expansion is good.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

BlindSite posted:

Gotta admit brfore the patch i thought eh yeah another patrol event I'll be bored of in 5 mins and now there isnt any im kind of disappointed.

Ttk was a pretty big change accross the board this feels a little light. Hope the expansion is good.

yeah kind of shame there isn't a blades/wolf pack style hype thing.

what did ttk even have in the pre-expansion patch period?

I think yeah there was some patrol updates- the race things, the taken kill mission (that no one could do because too low level), the mystery mission? and the wolves on mars spawn I think.

And yeah Bungie probably doesn't want to rock the boat too much for year 3. Like light/infusion/loot is in a good place, probably the best ever so not much change needed there.

I do hope for Destiny 2 they actually learned what works/doesn't and don't forget everything.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Rolled an alt.

Oh my loving god these people are so bad. This is insane.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
There wasn't really much in the way of buildup before TTK either. Honestly with the moments of triumph being more time consuming this year I'm okay with that. Just finally finished my moments of triumph thanks to a group of awesome goons. Year 3 will probably make me hate everything and force me to get to the lighthouse for Y3 moments of triumph.

The Vinja Ninja
Mar 16, 2006

Sometimes, time beats you.

Ularg posted:

There wasn't really much in the way of buildup before TTK either. Honestly with the moments of triumph being more time consuming this year I'm okay with that. Just finally finished my moments of triumph thanks to a group of awesome goons. Year 3 will probably make me hate everything and force me to get to the lighthouse for Y3 moments of triumph.

Yeah, that was fun! Glad you guys were awake. The slightly different strategy without the Touch of Malice took a few tries to be 100% on it, but we got it.

Now I need to do the 20 crucible points and pray that I win 7 games in a row to knock this out of the field.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Getting again in the game is superhard.

Playing Destiny is not like riding a bicycle, if you stop a long time, when you try again you miss all the muscle memory that you have lost.

My favorite area in the game is the Court of Oryx, and is helping me reconnect with the game. I am succesfully getting again in the "flow" of how to play destiny, choosing weapons, and that stuff.

I loving love to nuke a boss in the Court of Oryx. If I can finish a stage in less than 2 seconds, I feel like god, and if it finish in less than 1 second, it feels like something magical happened.

Then... it usually last long, and maybe it don't well. Yesterday I was in a group that failed to kill the mini-crota two times. I was facepalming superhard. They where failing at downing him, so the dude with the blade would finish it. I could do down it with the electric exotic blade, but then I would have to let one of the guys use the blade, and they where bad at that too.

I made 400 spores for our friend crazy girl in the tower, but that did not even got me a reputation package. Spores are still worthless poo poo.

Many stuff in the game is new to me. I have never seen "Spektor" sets before, or that armour that look likes taken. And theres something like a new level of the jail for level 41? something something ancients. I can't try that at the moment, and It would probably be a fail, because my light level is 314 and I am still refreshing my skills. This spektor set have equipable luminifiber, yay. I can now look like a planetside magride. I am not going to lie: looks awesome. Having the ability to infuse any armour piece is the best thing, I hope they don't get rid of it.

Tei fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Sep 10, 2016

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

FishBulb posted:

cuz gently caress

:stare:

...why

CheeseFactory fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Sep 10, 2016

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Rolled an alt to throw into the crucible.

Oh. My. loving. God.

The level of pure retardation of the player base is unreal. Punching TLW havers to death. Everyone just stands and fires. Just stand there. I watched one guy who was chasing me literally stop moving to reload. What? Entire matches of whiffed supers. And these are people at 335 light. Like, how can you be this functionality retarded at video games?

Also, popping bounties at the beginning of the match for First Blood super kills will never not be hilarious.

http://i.imgur.com/LXVYPQY.gifv

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Sep 10, 2016

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Oh. My. loving. God.

The level of pure retardation of the player base is unreal. Punching TLW havers to death. Everyone just stands and fires. Just stand there. I watched one guy who was chasing me literally stop moving to reload. What? Entire matches of whiffed supers. And these are people at 335 light. Like, how can you be this functionality retarded at video games?

Also, popping bounties at the beginning of the match for First Blood super kills will never not be hilarious.

http://i.imgur.com/LXVYPQY.gifv

The funny thing about SBMM is that it pools the retards together. So for us rolling alts is like shooting fish.

If this was like any other game these morons would be spread out throughout the population and we wouldn't really notice them.

How were the connections in your alts games? I assume pretty good.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

CheeseFactory posted:

How were the connections in your alts games? I assume pretty good.

Simply amazing

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Simply amazing

Always pisses me off knowing bungie can fix the lag at any time but choose not too.

Such arrogant cunts.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lol dude you haven't lived until you've rolled a gunslinger for cream puff shenanigans. GG against those guys is unfair.

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

Must be hard being the 1%.

All snark aside, I suck so hard at the Crucible that the game sometimes refuses to give me Legendary Marks for my daily PVP performance.

That's the other part to the SBMM story, it is a way for idiots like me to go above 0.2K/D every once in a while.
:shrug:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Sue posted:

Must be hard being the 1%.

All snark aside, I suck so hard at the Crucible that the game sometimes refuses to give me Legendary Marks for my daily PVP performance.

That's the other part to the SBMM story, it is a way for idiots like me to go above 0.2K/D every once in a while.
:shrug:

This has been debated endlessly but I'm glad you, the player who rarely plays crucible, gets relatively lag free lobbies and gets to feel good about yourself while I, a player who frequently plays crucible, gets to experience laggy 1.0 matches playing people as good as or better than me who depending on the match may have red bar powers.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Earlier this week Bungie decided I should have red bar powers all the time. I have green bar connections in PVE so I don't know what the heck is going on. My internet is fine.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
This game has been out for two years and you people are just now seeing that Paul McCartney abortion?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

marauderthirty posted:

This game has been out for two years and you people are just now seeing that Paul McCartney abortion?

Yeah I knew it existed but I somehow avoided it all this time until last night.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm honestly surprised, I thought more people had seen it

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It's not exactly easy to find, who actually clicks the "watch game credits" button of their own free will?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

haveblue posted:

It's not exactly easy to find, who actually clicks the "watch game credits" button of their own free will?

I always do, and let it run the entire duration. Sure, I do this because I eagerly anticipate a game rewarding me some "Thanks for giving a modicum of a poo poo" hidden trophy, but I do it.

Hasn't happened yet.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I feel like the unflinching perk may be more valuable now. I tried the eirene from a couple months ago, and the one from this week and definitely noticed a difference. The other perks were essentially the same (both have outlaw, one has snapshot, the other quickdraw, the eirene from this week has CC instead of unflinching)

I was pairing it with the fabian, which is alright, but if you're close enough to utilize the perk you'll just get shotgunned down anyway

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Of course you do

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Should I get the dlc through the psn store or be a human being and go to Best Buy

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

I think trash greens keep dropping so you have mats.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Kumo posted:

I think trash greens keep dropping so you have mats.

Doesn't seem very Bungie. They probably did something dumb like add level 43 mobs and now the game considers us all underleveled and gives us poo poo again.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Oh. My. loving. God.

vapor nips

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

FishBulb posted:

Doesn't seem very Bungie. They probably did something dumb like add level 43 mobs and now the game considers us all underleveled and gives us poo poo again.

I'm okay with it because I'm a massive sperg on the lookout for a broken Gozen-C

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

FishBulb posted:

It's this. I think it happened before the last level increase too.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
8/9/2016

Anthony

Platform: Xbox
cant wait for new dlc , ditch pvp bungie u sell out.

love the game , just wish thy would separet pvp nerfs from pve . and make seprate age servers to keep little kids away from adults, PS, READ FINE PRINT GALHORN WONT DROP TILL U DO THE QUEST LINE TO GET IT 8/20/2016 Just thought id worn u we still get it first thow just after the pre order quest

14 out of 30 people found this helpful.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Lol dude you haven't lived until you've rolled a gunslinger for cream puff shenanigans. GG against those guys is unfair.

Lmao at needing GG to roll these people. A gun that shoots bullets is all you need. Both my linked matches above I didn't even bother pulling out a secondary.

GG. Lmao.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
So the only new exotics we know about this time are The lovely Robocop gun and the machine gun right? No armor or anything?

Well outside of Thorn and Horn I guess.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Lmao at needing GG to roll these people. A gun that shoots bullets is all you need. Both my linked matches above I didn't even bother pulling out a secondary.

GG. Lmao.

Yes but you get three shots at nooblords it's the best bang for your super buck, believe me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Too stylish for this world...

FishBulb posted:

So the only new exotics we know about this time are The lovely Robocop gun and the machine gun right? No armor or anything?

Well outside of Thorn and Horn I guess.

I'm assuming the amor will just be the stuff that was datamined when TTK launched and was never released.

• Locked thread