Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Mors Rattus posted:

Art of MTG is always a good source for cultures they've covered, like Greece.

And this is some cool art of the Varangian Guard I found.

Didn't M:tG do a Three Kingdoms set?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Portal: Three Kingdoms, yeah. It is a real old set, though, and I don't think the art's on that site.

E: Yeah they seem to only have back to first Innistrad.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
Anyone have any kid-friendly dragons? Preferably interacting with kids, but any jolly old dragon will do.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

The Dregs posted:

Anyone have any kid-friendly dragons? Preferably interacting with kids, but any jolly old dragon will do.

Here are some I ran across in a quick search. Hope they're useful!

http://imgur.com/a/2QnU3

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

"Mmm, yes, you are going to be delicious."

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

Sole.Sushi posted:

"Mmm, yes, you are going to be delicious."

"What was that, sheep friend?"
"nothing, nothing"

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

Ghostpilot posted:

Here are some I ran across in a quick search. Hope they're useful!

http://imgur.com/a/2QnU3

These are perfect, thank you

Mike Danger
Feb 17, 2012
Anyone have

- tieflings in 1700s/1800s clothing? I don't know the word to describe it, but something like Gilbert Stuart's portrait of George Washington with the long black coat.

- heavily armored-up dwarves? Like, Havel-from-Dark-Souls levels of armor

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mike Danger posted:

Anyone have

- tieflings in 1700s/1800s clothing? I don't know the word to describe it, but something like Gilbert Stuart's portrait of George Washington with the long black coat.
Closest I got:

Mike Danger posted:

At that point, how can you be sure they're dwarves?

At any rate, this is the armouredest dwarf (presumably) I have:

One day I'll play a dwarven earthstrength warden. One day.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Going through and saving all the poo poo I've liked and/or used over the last few years. I'm sure I'll post things that've already popped up in the thread.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Hey, do you guys know Osprey press? They do little tiny paperbacks about army x or y (aimed at modelers, I think) with distinctive color plates. Stuff like this:

Do you guys know if there's any fantasy artwork out there with a similar feel? Any kind of character(s), any kind of scene. Hell, sci-fi, even.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Grand Prize Winner posted:

Hey, do you guys know Osprey press? They do little tiny paperbacks about army x or y (aimed at modelers, I think) with distinctive color plates. Stuff like this:

Do you guys know if there's any fantasy artwork out there with a similar feel? Any kind of character(s), any kind of scene. Hell, sci-fi, even.

Oh man, I love those Osprey books. Unfortunately, best you can do is probably go through the antiquity and medieval armies books for fantasy.

Interestingly, on the sci-fi front, there's the Aliens Colonial Marines Technical Manual, which, I believe had some artwork done by Ron Volstad, one of the regular illustrators of those color plates.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

drat, that's a shame. I remember one pic from the previous incarnation of this thread which was like a perfect convergence of the two: a group of adventurers that had killed their first dragon (it was about the size of a large catfish); the style was exactly like the Osprey books.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Mors Rattus posted:

Art of MTG is always a good source for cultures they've covered, like Greece.

And this is some cool art of the Varangian Guard I found.

This one is so Gloranthan it hurts.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

drat, that's a shame. I remember one pic from the previous incarnation of this thread which was like a perfect convergence of the two: a group of adventurers that had killed their first dragon (it was about the size of a large catfish); the style was exactly like the Osprey books.

It sounds like you're thinking of a classic Larry Elmore piece. This the one?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Kai Tave posted:

It theoretically took five people to kill this flying komodo dragon, but you can kinda tell it was mostly the guy with the mallet.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

More unsorted stuff.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Mike Danger posted:

Anyone have

Heavily up-armoured Dwarves you say?

My favourite of the images I contributed to Wesnoth.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011

Osprey has you covered on that front as well. Please click. They also have a game division now and books based on myth. So those might good places to look.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Kai Tave posted:

Dude on the left looks like Riker.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

It theoretically took five people to kill this flying komodo dragon, but you can kinda tell it was mostly the guy with the mallet.

Nerf Cleric please.

Also these are my jam

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
That last one is as busy as a Wayne A Reynolds piece, only in a good way instead.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Yet more.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Mike Danger posted:

GW Ironbreakers any good?

Mike Danger
Feb 17, 2012
Yes, perfect, that's exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. Almost like a dwarf version of the Ordinators from Morrowind.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
There's also this guy

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I am holding a live frag grenade.
Anyone have any art of characters with magical glowing tattoos? Something that specific has proven to be very difficult to find.

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

Vanguard Warden posted:

Anyone have any art of characters with magical glowing tattoos? Something that specific has proven to be very difficult to find.

There's a decent number in Magic: The Gathering art.

Jace Beleren:

Liliana Vess (often a bit cheesecakey but definitely has a lotta tattoos and they glow at least sometimes):

The Kor race have bright tattoos, though I don't remember if they ever truly glow:

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Vanguard Warden posted:

Just a couple.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vanguard Warden posted:

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I am holding a live frag grenade.
Wow, thanks guys. The first one A Darker Porpoise posted is exactly what I was looking for.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Just wanted to pop in and say this is a proclick thread.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Megazver posted:

Just wanted to pop in and say this is a proclick thread.

You're welcome. I did it all myself.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Requesting crazy Art Deco dieselpunk stuff

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
How about Norman Bel Geddes Airliner No. 4?

Also check this Flickr set

https://www.flickr.com/photos/23269353@N00/albums/72157624811056857

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
I don't have the time to go through and mine all the images out, but I stumbled across an amazing set of Dune concept art[ if that's anyone's bag. Scroll down and hit "older posts" for more.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Lord Frisk posted:

You're welcome. I did it all myself.

*signs his name to the thread

"This is mine."

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!
So, I was trying to search through the thread for ninjas, of the relatively modern type. Most of what I've found on the internet at large have been.. highly cheesecake or overly Assassin's Creed influenced. Anyone have any good ninjas they'd like to share?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I need help finding some good arabic and middle-eastern cyberpunk characters.