Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I just finished case 3 and I really wanna know why some reviewers and the like trashed it. I really ended up enjoying the case a lot.

That breakdown animation and the reasoning was super sad. I didn't expect the typical goofy "oh nooo" animation to be anything like what it was. only thing that really struck me as kind of stupid is in the end of chapter with the group talking about how they just barely made it a explosion goes off in the hallway and Phoenix and Maya just do not give a gently caress. Like at all. Then Beh'leeb gives herself the Ke'erah mark, Datz and Dhurke come in and leave and... the group just continues to not give a gently caress at all about what happens and start talking about TV

Also general thought but I really do hate the pool of souls thing. It's super loving annoying knowing the solution but having to find the right sense that the game wants you to find before you can explain things (Case 3 again) I instantly knew that the dudes hands were on the slab and I just wanted to present the evidence and move on but it wound up getting dragged out because of it.

I'd honestly rather have the Mood Matrix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Big case 5 spoilers:

I'm ready to fight for my client... even if it means facing off against you!

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Case 2 Trial Day 1

Can someone give me a hint on what to present against Bonny's testimony as the second step of the Mood Matrix sequence? They claim there's an obvious contradiction in there but I'm just not seeing it. It's the part about how Bonny's glad that Trucy had to move the stage lifts.

e: Oh wait I guess 'anyone' includes Bonny, huh. Fine. Though I fell we already talked about this in court so I don't see how it's a contradiction that Bonny would know? Whatever.

Spoilers for slightly after the above:

e2: I'm absolutely in love with Bonny's and Betty's animations.

Admiral H. Curtiss fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Sep 10, 2016

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The anime is getting a dub btw

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Man, case 5 is just callback after callback after callback.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Where is the second set of fingerprints on this dumb coffin, i've been dusting this thing for 15 minutes now

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Just finished case 3. And man, the pun game in Khura'in is loving fantastic. I love it. It almost makes up for the depressing tone of the trial segments. Like, everything is usually against Phoenix but it's different when every testimony the crowd shouts about how awful he is and how he should die, and even the Judge who's the least anti-lawyer person in the room is still actively hostile half the time. I'm not sure I enjoy it.

Rayfa's pretty good though. She's pretty funny and it's easier to forgive her for talking about executions every few sentences since she's just a kid and doesn't quite get how mean she's being. Also, the implication that the only reason she's so adamant about her country's lovely system and on Phoenix being guilty is because if all that isn't right, she's basically committed a bunch of innocent people to death, is a pretty powerful point of characterisation. And it's a pretty rough thing for a kid to think about. Even if it's kinda undermined by her still insulting Maya and being a tool about channelling even after all that was revealed. She's still cool though and I hope she becomes pals with everyone. Maybe investigates with Apollo and Athena or something.

Took a while for the case to get going though. Wasn't fond of day 1 since Datz' testimony was all relatively pointless (even if the dude himself is pretty funny), and i'm just not fond of the seance's. Once Tahrust takes the stand though it becomes really good. The moment I had right before the thought route where I realised why he framed Maya and everything, was just really really sad. The whole ending was great, Beh'leeb confessing to save Maya and indicting the minister of justice and revealing their legal system to be a sham at the same time was great, and basically everyone in the trial agreeing. Even Rayfa to a point. Hell Nahyuta being really receptive to what she and Tahrust said stopped my desire to see him get punched, which I really wanted to happen for most of that case. And i'm really glad Beh'leeb ended up free and ok after all that.

Also, Apollo is the adopted brother of Nahyuta and the adopted son of Mr. Badass Defence Attorney Rebel Leader who is planning for a violent revolution against a corrupt government.
That was pretty surprising.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

HenryEx posted:

Where is the second set of fingerprints on this dumb coffin, i've been dusting this thing for 15 minutes now

I almost wonder if we couldn't stick an answer in the OP, for how often it's asked.

AlphaKretin posted:

On one of the front-top-side edges, where someone would hold it to take the front off

no go on Quiznos
May 16, 2007

Pork Pro
Is case 1 the first case without any co-council at all? Parts of other cases have had no co-council (1-4, 2-4, 5-5), but I think this is the first one with none whatsoever.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Rayfa is the sweetest thing in the world and they should kick Trucy out and adopt her instead imho

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
tyvm.

I figured it's been asked before, but i haven't really read the spoiler-filled thread very closely for obvious reasons.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Oh that wasn't intended as a jab at you, just a general observation. That fingerprinting session sucks.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I admit I'm at the start of case 4 but boy do I hope it gets interesting. It screams "worst filler in the entire series" off the premise alone.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
"in my country suspects are innocent until proven guilty"

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Seeing Ema's smile makes this game a 10/10 even if all the rest is poo poo (I dunno if it is I haven't finished it obviously).

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Finishing up Case 2 now since I had work all day yesterday.

I only just realized that Robert Downey Jr. was the real Reus about five minutes before the game told me. I knew you couldn't trust a (non-Trucy) Gramarye not to be an rear end in a top hat!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Seeing Ema's smile makes this game a 10/10 even if all the rest is poo poo (I dunno if it is I haven't finished it obviously).

Also her sideways thinking wobble is good, very good, extra good 11/10

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Oh my loving god Phoenix Wright

Late case 5 day 2 investigation We do NOT walk up to very important, very dangerous people and show them our case-breaking, super-important evidence!! You're supposed to be these kids' mentor, stop making them repeat your constant, endless mistakes!!

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Just started case 5 and it has the most frustrating fingerprinting I can remember. I've been at it for nearly an hour with no luck.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

LostRook posted:

Just started case 5 and it has the most frustrating fingerprinting I can remember. I've been at it for nearly an hour with no luck.

What, the suitcase? It's on the stickers.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Case 2: "What's crack-a-lackin', homie?" killed me.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
the rampant, rampant lawyer hate in khura'in is seriously bothering me. i wanna go back to california

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
i'm early in case 2 and i'm about ready to smack this 14-year-old girl upside the head if she keeps talking poo poo about my friend maya.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Terper posted:

What, the suitcase? It's on the stickers.

Ah, thanks. The clues were very insistent on specific locations that weren't that.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Case 3, Early Trial Day 2: I just had one of those moments where I figured out so much about where the case was going down the line that I had trouble figuring out what contradiction the game wanted from me. We saw the Insight for R'heel Neh'mu and I very quickly figured out that he was actually murdered in the secret hideout pressed up against the magatama slab, and that the Plumed Punisher theme was coming from the clock. I was so focused on figuring out how I'd prove the wrong location that it took me way too long to figure out that the first thing I was supposed to prove was that the time of death was wrong based on the smell.

Cool case so far, even though it does seem like there's literally only one possible suspect.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Ah. Well.

Case 5 day 2 Courtroom

I suppose that is one final boss design. She looks like she's about to summon Bahamut on my rear end.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
also when does my bro blackquill show up

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

alcharagia posted:

also when does my bro blackquill show up

Case 4, though it's just really blatant filler.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Raxivace posted:

Case 2: "What's crack-a-lackin', homie?" killed me.

Nahyuta became my third favorite prosecutor with just his introduction scene alone.

It was at that point of the case that I bumped him up to second. :allears:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oof I'm stumped on Case 3, Day 2: So I proved all the stuff I figured out before about the murder taking place in the hideout and the clock playing the punisher theme, but there's still apparently one more inconsistency in the insight and I have no idea what it is. Ideas I had were that it has something to do with the "Heavy" sensation but I can't figure out what.

Any little hints?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Just finished Case 2's trial. Too bad no one could tell Reus that Apollo was a Gramarye as a final gently caress you. :argh:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

Oof I'm stumped on Case 3, Day 2: So I proved all the stuff I figured out before about the murder taking place in the hideout and the clock playing the punisher theme, but there's still apparently one more inconsistency in the insight and I have no idea what it is. Ideas I had were that it has something to do with the "Heavy" sensation but I can't figure out what.

Any little hints?

If he was standing upright, then where could the sensation of Heavy possibly come from, since the culprit could no longer bear down on their back?

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice - SAY SOMETHING DUMB

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Terper posted:

If he was standing upright, then where could the sensation of Heavy possibly come from, since the culprit could no longer bear down on their back?

Ahhhhh I was presenting Heavy on the two statements involving the murder, not the one about him standing upright. I had the right idea but that didn't occur to me. Thank you!

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

Super High-School Level Eating Machine
I just finished Case 2, and I just want to say, holy poo poo that was good.

Reus has to be one of my favorite villains in the series now, he was a genuinely despicable person, had a fantastic loving meltdown, and his theme was amazing. I had a lot of fun taking him down.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

So Case 3, Day 1 Trial - I made the mistake of saving right in the middle of a revised Insight and totally lost my train of thought picking up the game from yesterday! Thank goodness for being able to restart from multiple points in the chapters, I just started the whole trial over because it's so early on. I'm really surprised you're unable to see previous dialogue during the seances because I don't think I'd need to restart otherwise.

I'm impressed at how much I have to actually THINK this time around compared to previous games. Maybe I'm just rusty at attorney-ing!

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Case 2: As good as the case was overall the trick felt kindof shaky because of how much cleanup the culprit had to do afterwards. I mean he had to move the murder weapon and the body from the catwalk to the stand on the stage, move the rubber sword down into the understage area, apply blood to the coffin and swap the holes of it. It seems like he should have at least aroused some suspicion from someone when doing that.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Finished case 4: It was fun cross-examining Uendo and his personalities, and seeing Blackquill vs. Nahyuta was a treat for the eyes. Overall, it was fun, though pretty Japanese.

Currently at the 5th case: Goddamn do I love Dhurke! He is great! As is Sarge.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Case 3, Trial Day 2 (pretty big spoilers!): OH MY GOD MAYA'S FINALLY CHANELLING IN A TRIAL THIS IS AMAZING

E: VVV Hey those are case 3 spoilers not 2, be careful readers

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Sep 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
Case 3 Investigation Day 1: I quite like having Rayfa as a sidekick, but I'm a little sad I didn't get to walk around with Maya and get her spin on things. Maybe in the future??

I am insanely curious who Maya swapped Steel Samurai/Plumed Punisher merch with, cause it has to be someone we know, right? Kind of hoping it was Nahyuta, then the two of them and Blackquill can form a nerd squad.

Edit: Sorry about that! Correct case number now

VibrantPareidolia fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Sep 10, 2016