Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSpOjj4YD8c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Title was "Savage".

Fuckin' 9gag man...

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

tyblazitar posted:

Few pages back, but ok. Her Japanese is native level, she lives in Japan and the vast majority of her fans are Japanese. The tweets he's responding to are also all in Japanese.

(I really shouldn't keep on being so pedantic but) actually she lives in North London.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
When the social media platform is the idiot:

For context: Facebook recently decided that having a human being write a summary for a trending news story was too haaaaaard, so they have some kind of automated aggregating thing create their bullshit summaries you have to hover over the trending item to see.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
I shared an article about unfairly dismissed rape cases, and Facebook decided this was an article I'd also like to read.

I have no idea who the writer is, but he looks exactly like the kind of guy who would loudly complain about being too nice to get girls.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

BigglesSWE posted:

Title was "Savage".

Fuckin' 9gag man...

This is literally ViolenceAgainstWomen.jpg

"You have the wrong attitude for your gender according to me, a man, so you deserve to be assaulted".

It's really hosed up.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

A spare bedroom in case Jesus stops by?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
If god is omnipresent then why does he need to be specifically welcomed into a place if he's literally everywhere

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

Absurd Alhazred posted:

When the social media platform is the idiot:

For context: Facebook recently decided that having a human being write a summary for a trending news story was too haaaaaard, so they have some kind of automated aggregating thing create their bullshit summaries you have to hover over the trending item to see.

For a little more context: there was a kerfuffle recently when a bunch of right wing media outlets (i.e. Brietbart) asserted that facebook was 'censoring' popular news stories, and a whole bunch of conservative talking heads met with Zuckerberg and other facebook execs, and they ultimately switched over to this automated system in which there are no evil liberal hands getting in the way of spreading the truth.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

puck puck goose posted:

If god is omnipresent then why does he need to be specifically welcomed into a place if he's literally everywhere

I dont think they think God is like a vampire, unable to go into spaces where he is not welcome. I think it is because you can be in a space where you are not welcome as an honored guest.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

gently caress off Gary Johnson

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Wait ford did what? What's the verb?

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

WrenP-Complete posted:

you're mom

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

puck puck goose posted:

Turns out god is extremely passive aggressive.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

WrenP-Complete posted:

In the early 1920s, Ford sponsored a weekly newspaper that published strongly antisemitic views. At the same time, Ford had a reputation as one of the few major corporations actively hiring black workers, and was not accused of discrimination against Jewish workers or suppliers. He also hired women and handicapped men at a time when doing so was uncommon.[56]

In Germany, Ford's antisemitic articles from The Dearborn Independent were issued in four volumes, cumulatively titled The International Jew, the World's Foremost Problem published by Theodor Fritsch, founder of several antisemitic parties and a member of the Reichstag. In a letter written in 1924, Heinrich Himmler described Ford as "one of our most valuable, important, and witty fighters."[59] Ford is the only American mentioned favorably in Mein Kampf, although he is only mentioned once:[60][61] Adolf Hitler wrote, "only a single great man, Ford, [who], to [the Jews'] fury, still maintains full independence...[from] the controlling masters of the producers in a nation of one hundred and twenty millions." Speaking in 1931 to a Detroit News reporter, Hitler said he regarded Ford as his "inspiration," explaining his reason for keeping Ford's life-size portrait next to his desk.[62] Steven Watts wrote that Hitler "revered" Ford, proclaiming that "I shall do my best to put his theories into practice in Germany," and modeling the Volkswagen, the people's car, on the Model T.[63]

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Lamprey Cannon posted:

For a little more context: there was a kerfuffle recently when a bunch of right wing media outlets (i.e. Brietbart) asserted that facebook was 'censoring' popular news stories, and a whole bunch of conservative talking heads met with Zuckerberg and other facebook execs, and they ultimately switched over to this automated system in which there are no evil liberal hands getting in the way of spreading the truth.

And that system got a video of a man loving a mcchicken sandwich trending.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Gaunab posted:

And that system got a video of a man loving a mcchicken sandwich trending.

The system works

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Ularg posted:

Well if the cancer was legitimate...

The body has ways of shutting down, yeah.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

puck puck goose posted:

I like knowing I'm welcome when I go places. Don't you?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Someone on imgur got to the front page multiple times by posting a fake story about the Clintons threatening Bernie Sanders to stop running and then apologizing for not fact checking the first story. Genius way to get those internet points.

Torchlighter
Jan 15, 2012

I Got Kids. I need this.
http://imgur.com/gallery/O3WDX

Truly the finest, most well researched, informative, funny and interesting post.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Avenging_Mikon posted:

How does an omnipresent being "go" somewhere because that would imply that they are traveling somewhere they are not, therefore implying that they are not omnipresent

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Avenging_Mikon posted:

That's God's real problem, he is everywhere even if he doesn't want to be. Why do you think masturbation is a sin? Because God would rather not watch you jack off, grosso.

fe: wanted to comment on that loving neckbeard's article because I'm feeling drunk and opinionated, but I didn't because I don't want to touch the poop/be the IOSM.

Thanks, thread.
Tharead.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

puck puck goose posted:

If God's literally omnipresent, then he must be up men's arseholes.

The Republicans'll loving hate that.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

BigglesSWE posted:

Title was "Savage".

Fuckin' 9gag man...

:smith: Well, this is depressing.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Hahahaha.

Devdisigdu
Mar 23, 2016

The shadows lengthen
In Carcosa.

Semprini posted:

If God's literally omnipresent, then he must be up men's arseholes.

The Republicans'll loving hate that.

It's the arsehole's fault for being there.

God was there first.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Ularg posted:

Hahahaha.

hrrrrrrm

(KJV, Isaiah 8)
18 Behold, I and the children whom the Lord hath given me are for signs and for wonders in Israel from the Lord of hosts, which dwelleth in mount Zion.

19 And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?

20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

unless whoever posted that is speaking against wizards, specifically those that peep and mutter ...

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Ularg posted:

Hahahaha.

...crazy motherfucker named Jesus. :confused:

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

puck puck goose posted:

Stop asking reasonable questions you monster!

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Is this ground zero for all the "don't scroll without typing amen" pictures? https://www.facebook.com/EverythingNow1/ What is Sina? Why do so many people like this page? Why did my dad share about 20 of these things at 3 in the morning last night?

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

all y'all better preciate

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

puck puck goose posted:

How does an omnipresent being "go" somewhere because that would imply that they are traveling somewhere they are not, therefore implying that they are not omnipresent

Theological short answer is that those statements refer to the Holy Spirit aspect of the triune God. While the omnipresence of God may make him "present" in all areas of the universe, a person's free will may mean that the spirit is not within them. The welcoming part comes from the idea that the Spirit is always ready to be welcomed within a person, but only if that person accepts it.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
There's also that verse where Jesus said if you shelter, feed, and care for someone in need, it's as if you'd done it for Jesus himself, but something tells me that guy's spare room isn't kept ready for needy strangers.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Huntersoninski posted:

There's also that verse where Jesus said if you shelter, feed, and care for someone in need, it's as if you'd done it for Jesus himself, but something tells me that guy's spare room isn't kept ready for needy strangers.

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

"Bernard, float over here so I can punch you."

Deceitful Penguin posted:

mods please change my name to Commie Cummies tia

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Bernie's hair isn't that long.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

FFT posted:

hrrrrrrm

(KJV, Isaiah 8)
18 Behold, I and the children whom the Lord hath given me are for signs and for wonders in Israel from the Lord of hosts, which dwelleth in mount Zion.

19 And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?

20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

unless whoever posted that is speaking against wizards, specifically those that peep and mutter ...

LOL you think these people care about the context they cherry pick their quotations from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Deceitful Penguin posted:

This rules

Huh?