Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

i know that Obama and Biden will probably want to enter the post-administration PEACE OUT, IM HAVING A PRIVATE LIFE FOR THE NEXT FEW YEARS zone, but i can still fantasize that they'd pop up from time to time to go full trollin' with her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
This whole thread is a basket of deplorable posts

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
"closes in on projected electoral lead" is the most horseracey line ever

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.

mandatory lesbian posted:

wow, leave it to nazis to be that unoriginal

are they at least an offshoot of stormfront or are they just stealing the name

it's named after der sturmer, which was a nazi newspaper that was viciously anti-semitic even by nazi standards

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

It's great how since voting have trends have so changed so much other decade with VA going Blue.

Trump could outperform by winning states like OH, NC,NV and FL but still end up losing the election.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Young Orc

:patriot:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

This whole thread is a basket of deplorable posts

hosed up if true

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
BOOOOOOOO!

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008
Last page alone contained 6 bad squizzle posts, you can let up on the relentless terrible posting friend

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

iospace posted:

Single down then?

Pretty much. It's the best way to handle it I'd say, admit some level of fault for the exact word choice but don't back down from the meat of the statement.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Squizzle posted:

i know that Obama and Biden will probably want to enter the post-administration PEACE OUT, IM HAVING A PRIVATE LIFE FOR THE NEXT FEW YEARS zone, but i can still fantasize that they'd pop up from time to time to go full trollin' with her

i doubt they could resist, michelle might threaten obama though

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

misdirectomy posted:

This page alone contains 6 bad squizzle posts, you can let up on the relentless terrible posting friend

Only one on this page? :confused:

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Pretty much. It's the best way to handle it I'd say, admit some level of fault for the exact word choice but don't back down from the meat of the statement.

Pretty much, as I edited my second response to Joe, it feels like a condensed version of her Reno speech.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

misdirectomy posted:

Last page alone contained 6 bad squizzle posts, you can let up on the relentless terrible posting friend

who the gently caress are you???

get 'em out, take his coat

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
The more I read and think about this deplorables thing, the more I'm starting to sympathize with the people who are offended by this.

I can see people looking at this comment from Clinton against the backdrop of a modern progressive discourse where conservative views and policy positions are soundly and almost universally declared to be wholly invalid on their own merits, and nothing more than an attempt to cover for the real reason an individual may take these positions, which is of course naked racism\misogny\*phobia etc.

I mean even without Trump, a huge number of liberal in the media will imply or outright accuse moderates and conservatives who disagree with the current liberal consensus on any issue of only doing so out of hatred for one demographic group or another.

A well known example is how there is no legitimate pro-life position to many the modern left. These people don't actually value human life, they're just misogynists making up weak excuses for their deep-seated hatred of women, which they obviously feel whether they realize it or not.

During the Bush administration there was a similar dynamic on the right. Back then on Fox News and talk radio, and even in the mainstream media sometimes, it was either you support Bush and the Iraq war, or you hate America and wish to see it destroyed. No in-between, either you support what I support or there is something wrong with you.

I can see people viewing Clinton's comments in a similar way that I viewed the all the America-hater poo poo from the right back then as a hash critic of Bush's foreign policy.

I think Clinton's 'deplorables' are far closer to Romney's '47%' than posters itt are willing to admit. Both are coming from a stance where support for the opposing candidate is evidence of something inherently wrong or broken in the supporter. Even though Clinton admitted she was over-generalizing, "half" is way too high of an estimate for what she was talking about.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Tatum Girlparts posted:

i just wish she'd go full godzillary, but i know that's a fantasy

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Probably was a minor blunder calling out Trump's sad dad/alt right supporters instead of focusing on the weirdo in chief.

Still fun watching the hornet nest getting kicked and Trump supporters demanding a safe space.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

breaklaw posted:

The more I read and think about this deplorables thing, the more I'm starting to sympathize with the people who are offended by this.

I can see people looking at this comment from Clinton against the backdrop of a modern progressive discourse where conservative views and policy positions are soundly and almost universally declared to be wholly invalid on their own merits, and nothing more than an attempt to cover for the real reason an individual may take these positions, which is of course naked racism\misogny\*phobia etc.

I mean even without Trump, a huge number of liberal in the media will imply or outright accuse moderates and conservatives who disagree with the current liberal consensus on any issue of only doing so out of hatred for one demographic group or another.

A well known example is how there is no legitimate pro-life position to many the modern left. These people don't actually value human life, they're just misogynists making up weak excuses for their deep-seated hatred of women, which they obviously feel whether they realize it or not.

During the Bush administration there was a similar dynamic on the right. Back then on Fox News and talk radio, and even in the mainstream media sometimes, it was either you support Bush and the Iraq war, or you hate America and wish to see it destroyed. No in-between, either you support what I support or there is something wrong with you.

I can see people viewing Clinton's comments in a similar way that I viewed the all the America-hater poo poo from the right back then as a hash critic of Bush's foreign policy.

I think Clinton's 'deplorables' are far closer to Romney's '47%' than posters itt are willing to admit. Both are coming from a stance where support for the opposing candidate is evidence of something inherently wrong or broken in the supporter. Even though Clinton admitted she was over-generalizing, "half" is way too high of an estimate for what she was talking about.

lol

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

breaklaw posted:

I think Clinton's 'deplorables' are far closer to Romney's '47%' than posters itt are willing to admit. Both are coming from a stance where support for the opposing candidate is evidence of something inherently wrong or broken in the supporter.

which is true

if you support donald trump then you're an rear end in a top hat or an idiot or both, no exceptions

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Homework Explainer posted:

how are these strategies not at cross purposes exactly

she gets to be above the freeway by saying nice things about mccain that undermine his campaign messaging, forcing him to disavow a compliment or go harder toward being terrible to compensate

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

breaklaw posted:

:goonsay:

Really, this feels like you bit into the conditioning that being called racist is just as bad as being called a n*****.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

breaklaw posted:

On the other hand, Mexican rapists, Judge Curiel, Obama is Kenyan, and Muslim gold star mother is oppressed by her husband.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

:agreed:

iospace posted:

Like what, exactly?

e: how exactly is that statement there, aside from the "I shouldn't have said half" bit not a condensed version of her speech in Reno?

Joe wants full bore callout of GOP racist roots

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

iospace posted:

Like what, exactly?

"I regret saying 'half', that was wrong.......... it's all of them." :getin:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Oxxidation posted:

which is true

if you support donald trump then you're an rear end in a top hat or an idiot or both

Regardless of your political beliefs Trump is one of the most under qualified presidential candidates in US history.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

breaklaw posted:

she did that because she's a politician, and no half is probably right, maybe lowballing it slightly, unless you're counting the begrudging trump supporters

there's no way a "compassionate conservative" supports trump and his policies (if you can really even call them that)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Karl Sharks posted:

i just wish she'd go full godzillary, but i know that's a fantasy

yea it'd be fun to see her go 'I apologize for saying half, it's obviously so much more of you delusional KKK wannabes' or something but that's just never going to happen and that's probably for the best.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

etalian posted:

Probably was a minor blunder calling out Trump's sad dad/alt right supporters instead of focusing on the weirdo in chief.

Still fun watching the hornet nest getting kicked and Trump supporters demanding a safe space.

political blunder, sure

i wish it was his supporters getting as much attention as he has because trump is nothing without them

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

Oxxidation posted:

which is true

if you support donald trump then you're an rear end in a top hat or an idiot or both, no exceptions

What if you're just a Republican, have been a Republican you're whole life and always vote Republican almost automatically? What if you're a Democrat voting for Hillary for the same reasons, are you still and rear end in a top hat idiot then?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
lol

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/774673449885192192

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

breaklaw posted:

To be fair, there is no legitimate pro-life position. These people don't actually value human life, they're just misogynists making up weak excuses for their deep-seated hatred of women, which they obviously feel whether they realize it or not.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Tatum Girlparts posted:

yea it'd be fun to see her go 'I apologize for saying half, it's obviously so much more of you delusional KKK wannabes' or something but that's just never going to happen and that's probably for the best.

i mean more in the sense that you see some posters on here just go "what the gently caress" and shred some awful thing the GOP has done

i wish so hard should could unleash the hate she has for those awful bigots across from her and tear them an infinite amount of new assholes

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GczbDZcrLqw

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

What a piece of garbage

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Android tweet.

Joementum posted:

I would love that too, but oh well.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/774651993084289024

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/774674345075609600

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Joementum posted:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

breaklaw posted:

What if you're just a Republican, have been a Republican you're whole life and always vote Republican almost automatically? What if you're a Democrat voting for Hillary for the same reasons, are you still and rear end in a top hat idiot then?

if you're a republican voter you're an rear end in a top hat by default and if you vote for donald trump "just because" without paying attention to anything he's said and done this late in the game then you're an idiot, too

see, nice and tidy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

breaklaw posted:

the former would be an idiot because they haven't paid a lick of attention to what the republicans have done or said, or they support them in those actions/words so they're an rear end in a top hat

democrats don't really have the same phenomenon, they are not authoritarian and do not vote over fear and vote against their own interests to an incredibly smaller degree (you can get into the third wayism and how lower class people get screwed over at times, but less than what would happen if they voted R)

• Locked thread