Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

How many of y'all listen to rap while doing other stuff? I feel like I'm missing out on too much when I don't actively listen to the lyrics, compared to other genres like rock where the lyrics are typically subordinate to the music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

All the time. Running , weights , driving , gaming, working , chilling. All day every day

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

blue squares posted:

How many of y'all listen to rap while doing other stuff? I feel like I'm missing out on too much when I don't actively listen to the lyrics, compared to other genres like rock where the lyrics are typically subordinate to the music.

See it's cool cause you've got rap where you don't really bother listening to the lyrics (Desiigner, Cudi, etc) while you're doing stuff that requires concentration but you still want to be in your own zone without outside noises, and then when you're boolin' you can just turn on whatever and put thoughts into the lyrics.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

loving (Jeffrey), weeping (drake), binging (Bronson), sleeping (Kendrick), purging (tyga)

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
[singing the hook to "RiRi" by Jeffery, mimicking a Seal]"you gotta ear-earn-earn it"[someone taps my shoulder asking me where they can get Four Lokos, sigh, remove earbud.]

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

Tremendous Taste posted:

loving (Jeffrey), weeping (drake), binging (Bronson), sleeping (Kendrick), purging (tyga)

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Free that healthy kid Kodak why they lock him up but desiigner just out real quick :((

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
driving is the best way to listen to music

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Except most car audio sucks

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

ol yeller posted:

Yeah honestly.

But I never pay attention to lyrics unless I sit down and actively pay attention.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

ol yeller posted:

Defo driving, but commuting generally

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Quantum of Phallus posted:

All day every day

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

All the time. Running , weights , driving , gaming, working , chilling. All day every day

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

All day every day

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
It just depends. I typically get really hooked on a song or artist and just listen to them for awhile. To the exclusion of others. I've gotten better in the last few years. But I have music going all the time, so if I'm in a rap phase, it's non-stop.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I cook, eat, and wash dishes with Jeffery on play.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Lol just lol if youre a rap fan and have a bad stereo in your car

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

drat Kid Cudi is legit

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
lol try not to fall too hard man

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

blue squares posted:

drat Kid Cudi is legit

Someone post that song off his new album that's three minutes of him going "OOROROGUUHNNNGGHHHHHHH!!"

Alternatively, I remember when I first found Day 'n Nite :smugdog:

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Someone post that song off his new album that's three minutes of him going "OOROROGUUHNNNGGHHHHHHH!!"

Alternatively, I remember when I first found Day 'n Nite :smugdog:

lmao I just came back to the thread to post "Okay maybe ease up a little on the Beavis and Butthead

ol yeller posted:

lol try not to fall too hard man

What do you mean? I'm listening to Speedin Bullet 2 Heaven and really enjoying it, save the exteended B&B laughing (fortunately I can hit skip when the actual song ends). It has a lot variety and experimentation

blue squares fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Sep 10, 2016

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

this dude has got to be an rear end catchum alt account right

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I'm just a white guy who didn't pay attention to rap until two weeks ago

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

blue squares posted:

I'm just a white guy who didn't pay attention to rap until two weeks ago

the rear end catchcum similarities are mounting

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I also think JEFFERY is incredible, if that helps

challenge: give me the most hardcore gangsta rap poo poo ever that white people never listen to and I will write 100-200 words about it after a straight-through listen

blue squares fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Sep 10, 2016

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

blue squares posted:

lmao I just came back to the thread to post "Okay maybe ease up a little on the Beavis and Butthead

What do you mean? I'm listening to Speedin Bullet 2 Heaven and really enjoying it, save the exteended B&B laughing (fortunately I can hit skip when the actual song ends). It has a lot variety and experimentation

That's his worst album.

It was also the worst album of the year 2015 in all genres.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

People talk about the moment they "get" Young Thug and for me it was Extacy Pill but I never thought he'd pull off a classic album. Jeffery is when he did it for me. Can't even describe how good I think it is. He's doing things with his voice that nobody is doing.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

SBTH was a cry for help

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBmQnh4eS_w

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Blue squares, write about rich gang tha tour

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It'll be a solemn polemic about how music will never reach such heights again

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
What is Baby smoking?

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

penises!!!!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Rich gang tha tour might be the best mixtape I've ever heard and I'm only being 10% sarcastic

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
you know who has good mixtapes that you wouldnt expect? fabolous. check out the soul tape series

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

blue squares posted:

I also think JEFFERY is incredible, if that helps

challenge: give me the most hardcore gangsta rap poo poo ever that white people never listen to and I will write 100-200 words about it after a straight-through listen

Liquid swords man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Viper