Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
The XT1 really is great, still. The autofocus upgrades in the 2 don’t interest me because the 1 with a good lens is still great at focusing.

If you have a 1, save your cash and buy the 16mm f/1.4. It’ll make you way happier!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
"I don't want to sound gay or anything, but I'd really like to have sex with you tonight.
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016

bobfather posted:

The XT1 really is great, still. The autofocus upgrades in the 2 don’t interest me because the 1 with a good lens is still great at focusing.

If you have a 1, save your cash and buy the 16mm f/1.4. It’ll make you way happier!

Already got the 16f1.4,35f2, and 27f2.8, which all focus great imo. Right now my sights are set on adding the 56 and new 23 f/2 that's coming. The XT-1 is more camera than I will ever need, but I get caught up in the new shiny bullshit very easily!

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

Choicecut posted:

I don't need an XT-2, my XT-1 is just fine. I don't need an XT-2, my XT-1 is just fine. I don't need an XT-2, my XT-1 is just fine. I don't need an XT-2, my XT-1 is just fine. I don't need an XT-2, my XT-1 is just fine. I don't need an XT-2, my XT-1 is just fine.

My Xpro1 is perfectly fine for all the shooting i do too....

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

Lhet posted:

Stumbled across this; I guess it's a mirrorless. (Olympus Air A01)
I'm pretty sure the first time I saw one of those was in this thread, and I've wanted one ever since, because...

SMERSH Mouth posted:

Seems like it would be kind of a pain to try and use with a zoom lens,

...I, too, want to pretend my lens is a surface-to-air missile launcher.

-Anders
Feb 1, 2007

Denmark. Wait, what?
:stare: That sure is something

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
I'd get a Zenit FotoSnaiper kit. Lower price for exactly the same opportunities for a negative experience with law enforcement. Bonus TSA funtimes if you ever try and travel with it too!

It's a slightly modified Zenit 12 with a Tair 300mm f.4 lens. It comes as a set with some accessories in a box styled like a gun case.

Helen Highwater fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Sep 10, 2016

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Some non-XT1/XT2/EM5/EM1 news

Fuji XA3

They manage to put 24mp in the body but still no X-Tran sensor.
It has both 180 degree screen and time-lapse now, so it's a good solo hiking camera.
All color combos are very ugly.

Canon M5

Really Canon, you guys are still going at it? Maybe you should start a new model name to cut ties with the old M bodies.
That 15-45mm 3.5-6.4 kit lens is basically the spec of a pancake beginner kit lens except it's not a pancake.

Probably will be priced around the the XE2s kit range.

Nikon discontinuing the 1 system

Some how I have missed this news until today...I have nothing add to it.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Dear Nikon: take an F3, make it a MILC with a standard F mount, and crush your competition.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
Better yet just buy an f3.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007
I'm hoping at some point in the future I can snag a cheap Nikon 1 AW to have as a beater for motorcycle touring. It was really nice to have a crappy 35mm camera on a Blackrapid slung over my shoulder so I could stop and snap pics without having to dig something out/take off gloves.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Wild EEPROM posted:

Better yet just buy an f3.

Have two of them, would still buy a digital version in a heartbeat.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
Same but 4

RCK-101
Feb 19, 2008

If a recruiter asks you to become a nuclear sailor.. you say no
The ONE reason I was looking into the Nikon 1 was it is the cheapest way to get into underwater photography with a good quality camera.

grahm
Oct 17, 2005
taxes :(
Anyone with an XT2 noticing the color temperature of the LCD to be pretty yellow/green? Mine is, at least compared to my XE2, phone, and computer. Is there any way to adjust that?

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Apparently Fuji is announcing their medium format camera on September 19.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Christ, is that thing actually going to be called the X-XL?

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
With a global advertisement campaign featuring Channing Tatum.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Huxley posted:

Christ, is that thing actually going to be called the X-XL?
I think that's just Fuji Rumours. I'm going with MFX-SuperPro1.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

X-MF1 would be fitting. The 3 rumoured lenses are not what I expected though, I was expecting the same 3 lenses that Hasselblad is putting out. Or maybe they have an agreement not to duplicate focal lengths until some time later.

sadus
Apr 5, 2004

grahm posted:

Anyone with an XT2 noticing the color temperature of the LCD to be pretty yellow/green? Mine is, at least compared to my XE2, phone, and computer. Is there any way to adjust that?

Haven't messed with it but there is a LCD Color setting in the Screen Settings menu (and EVF Color too)

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
My X-T2 arrived today after ordering it Thursday monring from London Drugs :canada: :getin:

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
Regarding the XT2:

Is it just me or are all the added benefits of the battery grip that were advertised on the pre production reviews now available without the battery grip?

Most notably, 100 fps EFV and 14 fps shooting. I'm pretty sure those were only available with "boost" mode on the grip, but now it looks like it comes standard.

BANME.sh fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Sep 13, 2016

grahm
Oct 17, 2005
taxes :(

sadus posted:

Haven't messed with it but there is a LCD Color setting in the Screen Settings menu (and EVF Color too)

There is! Unfortunately though I think they only adjust saturation. I put in an email to Fuji so hopefully they'll respond. It's not a deal-breaker BUT one of my favorite things on the X-E2 is editing photos on the camera and then slamming them over to the phone to post for work. When I do that with the X-T2 I have to remind myself that the photo will appear much less yellow on the phone.

accipter
Sep 12, 2003

grahm posted:

There is! Unfortunately though I think they only adjust saturation. I put in an email to Fuji so hopefully they'll respond. It's not a deal-breaker BUT one of my favorite things on the X-E2 is editing photos on the camera and then slamming them over to the phone to post for work. When I do that with the X-T2 I have to remind myself that the photo will appear much less yellow on the phone.

Are the colors in the EVF the same as the back LCD?

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I hope they sort that out. I am planning on getting one when I have the money in November but I would rather just use my X-T1 if the colors aren't accurate on the 2. I know it is not a huge deal when taking them off the camera to edit on a pc but I also send pictures right off the camera to my phone.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

rio posted:

I hope they sort that out. I am planning on getting one when I have the money in November but I would rather just use my X-T1 if the colors aren't accurate on the 2. I know it is not a huge deal when taking them off the camera to edit on a pc but I also send pictures right off the camera to my phone.

Maybe find another XT2 and check if your copy has defected LCD? I have had 3 Fuji bodies, all of them have pretty consistent LCD color temp.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
Isn't it the case that new LCDs (new, as in, just rolled out of the LCD factory weeks ago) are sometimes yellowish because the resins or whatever they use to bind the screen together haven't set yet? Wasn't this a problem with iPhones or some other smartphone for one generation or another? Possibly it could just be that?

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

The Fujifilm X-T10 has been discontinued already. That had a rather short shelf life.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

Hot Dog Day 42069 posted:

The Fujifilm X-T10 has been discontinued already. That had a rather short shelf life.

That makes no sense, it's still a perfectly good camera. Maybe they will surprise drop a replacement with the better sensor?

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Didn't cross-post it here originally, but why not: if any X-T1 owners are looking for a custom-fit Arca-Swiss plate, I'm selling the MHG-XT "small" over in SA-Mart.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3789715

It looks like this:

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Animal posted:

That makes no sense, it's still a perfectly good camera.
Makes no sense to cannibalize XT-* sales. If you can afford the fuji glass, you can afford the bodies.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Animal posted:

That makes no sense, it's still a perfectly good camera. Maybe they will surprise drop a replacement with the better sensor?
X-T1 is now dead as well. They might be trying to move away from the X-Trans II ASAP. X100T next on the chopping block?

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

The panny g8 specs were leaked and depending on the price it seems pretty loving cool.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

G85

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

X-T1 is now dead as well. They might be trying to move away from the X-Trans II ASAP. X100T next on the chopping block?

I see gray market XT1 deals all the time (and some XE2 deals). Fuji probably made a lot more XT1 than XT10, which is good for Fuji users.

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
"I don't want to sound gay or anything, but I'd really like to have sex with you tonight.
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016

Didn't cross-post it here originally, but why not: if any X-T1 owners are looking for a custom-fit Arca-Swiss plate, I'm selling the MHG-XT "small" over in SA-Mart.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3789715

It looks like this:

This is tempting. I have a jb designs grip on my XT-1 90% of the time and it works great. The rest of the time I'm minimalist, sans grip with the 27, but man is it hard to hold with my gorilla hands. Do you feel this makes enough difference when handling the camera?

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Man, the upcoming Olympus 25mm f1.2 Pro looks like a monster. Too bad I don't really care for that focal length. I would have pounced on a 50m f1.2, really need a good portrait lens :(

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

Wengy posted:

Man, the upcoming Olympus 25mm f1.2 Pro looks like a monster. Too bad I don't really care for that focal length. I would have pounced on a 50m f1.2, really need a good portrait lens :(

Nocticron? I saw an used one under $1K on the Fred Miranda forums a few days ago

Ordered a 15mm Summliux the other day, can't wait to get my hands on it

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

surrender posted:

Nocticron? I saw an used one under $1K on the Fred Miranda forums a few days ago

Ordered a 15mm Summliux the other day, can't wait to get my hands on it

It's fantastic. So sharp, and if you've got a Panasonic body, the aperture ring is really useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Okay so trip report on the Fuji 50-230. I'm not very impressed with the sharpness so far.

Maybe I'm spoiled by the 18-55 but it really seems to be lacking in sharpness and contrast at about 120mm+ even stopped down to f/8. Still the IS is quite good and it is very cheap even for a consumer level zoom so I guess I can't complain too much.

I could also have a bad copy, it seems kinda loose around the barrel which may be an artifact of the plastic construction or just bad QC.