Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Alright, folks, it's time for tonight's Top 10

*Top 10 intro plays*

You've all heard about this mafia game? Paul? Yeah, it's this social game where everyone's assigned a role and you try to figure out the bad guys.

Oh, sounds like some of my past relationships.

*World's Most Dangerous Band drummer plays rimshot, bassist plays small, comical riff*

*Dave licks lips, softly half-grabs bowtie*

Hee hee hee, oh, well, apparently Milton Bradley is releasing an Ice Cream-themed variant of the game this upcoming season, have you heard about this?

You know, I try to keep up with board game news as best I can, but this I haven't heard about.

I know some people who are going to be very excited about this. Without further a do, here's some of the best roles in the upcoming title.

Number 10, "Busdriver Brickle"

Number 9, "English Tracker"

Number 8, "Rocky Rolecop"

Number 7, "JOAT Neapolitan"

Number 6, my favorite, "Roleblocker Ripple". Doesn't that just sound delicious?

Number 5, "Chocolate Cop Cookie Dough"

Number 4, "Butter Pecan Gun Owner"

Number 3, "Strawberry Serial Killer"

Number 2, "Cookies and Cult Recruiter"

And the Number 1 role in Ice Cream Mafia, "Vanilla Town". There you go.

*WMD Band plays a jazzy transitional medley*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

BottleKnight posted:

*Top 10 intro plays*

You've all heard about this mafia game? Paul? Yeah, it's this social game where everyone's assigned a role and you try to figure out the bad guys.

*World's Most Dangerous Band drummer plays rimshot, bassist plays small, comical riff*

Hee hee hee, oh, well, apparently Milton Bradley is releasing an Ice Cream-themed variant of the game this upcoming season, have you heard about this?

You know, I try to keep up with board game news as best I can, but this I haven't heard about.

I know some people who are going to be very excited about this. Without further a do, here's some of the best roles in the upcoming title.

Consider the following:

lol

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

:eyepop:

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
where the hell is deception

Stuntastic
Jul 11, 2009

weed cave weed saves

BottleKnight posted:

*Top 10 intro plays*

idk about yall but this is a really bad post and i think we should vote to lynch bottleknight today so we don't have to deal with any more of this kind of crap

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
##vote BK
:yeah:

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Stuntastic posted:

idk about yall but this is a really bad post and i think we should vote to lynch bottleknight today so we don't have to deal with any more of this kind of crap

hell, i agree with anything stunt says.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Anyone who's having a bad day watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMnZ_l5YXjs

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

BottleKnight posted:

*Top 10 intro plays*

lol just lol if you think cop is better than tracker

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Twelvebauds Ice Cream Mafia was really good.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
also I found this thing for when votefinder is down, it even properly formats the votecount for forums and generates a post for you to copy paste.

http://www.wundervoll.us/mafiavc/

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Stuntastic posted:

This kind of response to a good effort post is mafia.txt

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Meinberg posted:

lol just lol if you think cop is better than tracker

Tracker is great but my ice cream name for it was pretty subpar so 9 the as the right spot

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

Tracker is great but my ice cream name for it was pretty subpar so 9 the as the right spot

That's because it should have been
Moose Tracker, possibly with some flavor attached.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Would anyone be interested in a vanilla no flip game?

Eliminations occur, but no flips.

Either that or a WIFOA

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

The only thing better than one death miller is 13 death millers

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

CapitalistPig posted:

also I found this thing for when votefinder is down, it even properly formats the votecount for forums and generates a post for you to copy paste.

http://www.wundervoll.us/mafiavc/

Quoting to remind myself to check this out later.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

As a more serious opinion, people who think playing VT is boring or who think it's a bad role are missing the point of mafia. I like role madness games every once in a while, but the idea that in a social game of deception and deduction it's more fun/important to puzzle together solutions to games via night actions than scumhunting and posting reads is a slippery slope that results in a less social game.

If you think you need night actions and results to make a game interesting for you or for you to really become engaged in the game then maybe you need to get better at hunting scum.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

VT is the greatest role and if you don't like it then I dunno, I guess our tastes are different.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

vt best role

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I used to like VT when I was new and was afraid of being scum or having a power role because it was too much pressure, but now idgaf so VT is boring.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

lol if u dgaf vt is ezily the best role cuz you can go ham all the time and ur under no obligation to playy not bad

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

u cant do stupid poo poo like fake a night cop d0 if youre a pr unless youre a real loving moron trying to throw the game for town

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

edit that into some sarcastic banllity

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yes but I've ascended now and do that with every role.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

dongsbot 9000 posted:

edit that into some sarcastic banllity

my posting simualtor broke it just typed what i said instead of doing it thanks a lot posting robot i.e. dongsbot 9000 bot v .9000

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I meant not give a gently caress, but also claim a N0 cop.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

I claim all the time, every time

Max
Nov 30, 2002

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3789453&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

5 more for Ecco's game. I'm going to roleplay another politician this game, so if you were a fan of my Trump impression, then you should join this one.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Rebels in the Death Star will be a very fun nightless variant of mafia! You don't have to worry about night kills, scumdocs, actions, etc. Just lynch people! It's fun! Not a huge commitment, just a bit of a good parlor game.

Already in a game? Bogged down with a lot of casing and actions and detective work? Come play Rebels in the Death Star and shoot from the hip. Thanks.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

BottleKnight posted:

As a more serious opinion, people who think playing VT is boring or who think it's a bad role are missing the point of mafia. I like role madness games every once in a while, but the idea that in a social game of deception and deduction it's more fun/important to puzzle together solutions to games via night actions than scumhunting and posting reads is a slippery slope that results in a less social game.

If you think you need night actions and results to make a game interesting for you or for you to really become engaged in the game then maybe you need to get better at hunting scum.

I never ever was good at hunting scum, thats why I love role madness.

Also role madness is way more fun to mod.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

For some reason that thing I talked about earlier with not having to beat all the enemies doesn't seem to apply here

I might have been thinking 4th level, whatever one the haunted house is

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Yeah I was actually wrong about the thing I said. The haunted house level is worse.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Mar 28, 2020

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Game of mafia mafia ended in a Scum victory!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

EccoRaven posted:

weekend so far:

for brunch tomorrow I'm gonna make french toast for me and bob. I've never made it before but it seems super easy so I'm also wondering how I can "spice" it up somehow.

You can stuff it with bananas if that's your thing. Otherwise just throw some powdered sugar or cinamon or both on there and drop some ice cream on top right as you take it off of the pan and it will be pretty great.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CapitalistPig posted:

Game of mafia mafia ended in a Scum victory!

Anyone who ever tries to use that stupid outdated meta on me is getting linked to this game.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Mar 28, 2020

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

EccoRaven posted:

I've never made it before but it seems super easy so I'm also wondering how I can "spice" it up somehow.

My favorite thing to do with french toast, is make it baked victorian style

cook together brown sugar melted butter and corn syrup until its all melty and then pour into a baking dish evenly spread out.

Take your bread and arrange it on top of said mixture in baking dish.

Then make your normal egg/cinnamon/milk mixture and pour it over the bread making sure to get it all good and covered and soaked in.

Let it sit in the fridge covered for a couple hours (or overnight preferably)

Then bake it for about a half hour at 350.

Best french toast.

You are welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

EccoRaven posted:

I found a recipe to make essentially a peanut butter and banana sandwich but with french toast as the bread, I'm probably going to use honey too instead of syrup. The bob loves all those things so I'm confident she'll love brunch tomorrow.

I'm thinking some yogurt on the side too, maybe with juice idk

If the bob likes raspberry, that goes well with french toast and yogurt.