Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

cheetah7071 posted:

The game is better for Gamefreak just making stuff they think is cool, instead of designing for competitive

Yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

That's what the anime is for

dig is op in the anime

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

who's dig

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

cheetah7071 posted:

The game is better for Gamefreak just making stuff they think is cool, instead of designing for competitive

Competitive talk makes my eyes glaze over, and wish Stalgren would show up with cute pictures.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
It's BS that I can't mega evolve my good friend Sharpedo until the ORAS postgame. Maybe someone can help me trade the stone from my Y version to OR later tonight.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

oddium posted:

who's dig

I am

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

All my birds are dead and I can't fly anymore.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i did it

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Reinanigans posted:

It's BS that I can't mega evolve my good friend Sharpedo until the ORAS postgame. Maybe someone can help me trade the stone from my Y version to OR later tonight.

You can't trade a Sharpedite to or from Y because it didn't exist there though? Its one of the new ORAS Megaevos and the stone/evolution only exists in those games.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Hexmage-SA posted:

From Bulbapedia:

Bastiodon has the highest Defense and Special Defense and the highest single base stat of all Fossil Pokémon.

Personal Addendum:

Its got 4x weaknesses to Fighting and Ground so its Defense and Special Defense stats are completely irrelevant.

Surely this was intentional. Surely the designers at Gamefreak didn't think they were actually making a good Pokemon.

They played a similarly nasty joke with Bastiodon's counterpart Rampardos, who has an astounding capacity to inflict damage but is not only too slow and fragile to remain in play, but also doesn't get the ability Rock Head despite literally being cloned from a rock head.
Bastiodon isn't bad because of his weaknesses (though they don't help), he had a bunch of great resists including the ever-coveted Rock resist, he's bad because his movepool is complete garbage. Bastiodon pisses me off more than any pokemon.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

oddium posted:

who's dig

Doug

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Zore posted:

You can't trade a Sharpedite to or from Y because it didn't exist there though? Its one of the new ORAS Megaevos and the stone/evolution only exists in those games.

...gently caress.

You can't even get the drat thing until after the Delta Episode. It is ridiculously post-post-game.

I don't suppose there's someone out there willing to trade me one? I don't mind if it's PKHaxed up or whatever.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Seems like ya didn't quite

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Reinanigans posted:

...gently caress.

You can't even get the drat thing until after the Delta Episode. It is ridiculously post-post-game.

I don't suppose there's someone out there willing to trade me one? I don't mind if it's PKHaxed up or whatever.

You can borrow mine til you get your own? I'm not fuckin' using it.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Diet Poison posted:

You can borrow mine til you get your own? I'm not fuckin' using it.

That'd be awesome.

My FC is 3007-8093-8361. I'm at about the 6th badge in OR. Is there a version exclusive or something you'd like?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

so all my fellow pokemon masters, how do you have your pokes sorted. have you got em just chilling loose in pokebox and use the search function to find poo poo or waht. i kinda wanna put mine in numerical order

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

so all my fellow pokemon masters, how do you have your pokes sorted. have you got em just chilling loose in pokebox and use the search function to find poo poo or waht. i kinda wanna put mine in numerical order

i have one of everything in dex order then i have shinies and alternate forms are in their own spots. stuff that was traded to me in its own spot as well. then the extras are kept unorganized in their own area

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Reinanigans posted:

That'd be awesome.

My FC is 3007-8093-8361. I'm at about the 6th badge in OR. Is there a version exclusive or something you'd like?

0533-5340-6744

I have everything. I'm always on the lookout for females in Apricorn balls so if you've got one of those, cool, if not no worries. You available ASAP?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Super No Vacancy posted:

I put my dex in numerical order yeah
The rest of them are kinda sorted a little

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Diet Poison posted:

0533-5340-6744

I have everything. I'm always on the lookout for females in Apricorn balls so if you've got one of those, cool, if not no worries. You available ASAP?

Beating Wynona, lol. I'll be ready right after. Like 5 mins tops.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I just beat Cynthia in my Platinum replay! Here's my wonderful team, told through the purest medium, fanart.

Now to round up those legendaries then it's off to HeartGold!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

gonna be funny if I put everything in dex order and then they fix the dex numbering in alola

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Super No Vacancy posted:

gonna be funny if I put everything in dex order and then they fix the dex numbering in alola

That's why I sorted my pokemans alphabetically

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Online and ready, Diet Poison!

Thanks a lot, dude. I'll post in here again once I've reached the Battle Resort so I can trade it back to you.

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Sep 11, 2016

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Oh sweet, I just booted up Heart Gold and found a female Level Ball Larvitar that's been hanging out on there for years. I guess that's going to be my next breeding project.

E: Ha, the third one I hatched was 5IV

Emong fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Sep 11, 2016

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
what is this site it kicks the poo poo outta my excel spreadsheet

(mine are in numerical order and then extras are just in pokebank box 100 going backwards)

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

pokedextracker.com

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

That's why I sorted my pokemans alphabetically

Thats messed up

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Agreed, you should sort your boxes by color.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Sort by type then gen then alphabetically

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Jesus Christ

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

sharrrk posted:

Jesus Christ

it's the objectively best way, i mean i cant do it because it would take like hours but it's the best way.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Sort by Route

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Sort by height/weight

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

please put the pokemon in boxes with wallpapers matching their preferred environment so they are more comfortable

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Kelp Plankton posted:

please put the pokemon in boxes with wallpapers matching their preferred environment so they are more comfortable

this is why i sort them by type

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

man I wish there was a good way to see which of all them ORAS legendaries I havent caught in that game because there are probably like 3 left that I just never got around to

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i have them sorted by dex number obvs, then a box of specials including shines, then a box for my hg/y/oras/eventually red champions

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Super No Vacancy posted:

I sort mine loosely by number. Loosely, because I put later-introduced evos and prevos and whatnot with their originals instead of way at the rear end-end of the Pokedex where I'd never think to look for them.

Alternate Formes and such just go in there like normal, and hidden ability 'mons. I have a separate box for shinies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
lol if u don't need more than one box to hold all your shiny pokeman

(I actually probably would, but most of them are RNG manipulated gen 5 battle subway stuff that looked cooler in shiny than not, so I just subbed them into the living dex as normal)

(the few legit shinies I have are adorable though I don't give a gently caress they get to stay)