Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Side Future would've been better serviced as a Fighting game with branches depending on whose story you wanted to follow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Wait, was it actually listed in an interview that Akane was going to be the mastermind of DR2? Where is this from?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Did anyone ever establish (in a meta sense) why the blood was red in Future? Just to make it grittier?

I like how Sakakura's eyes are red in Future but blood... pink in Despair. :v:

voltcatfish posted:

They already have a permanent monokuma replacement, especially because he's still going to be in the new third game too.

I'm pretty sure voice acting has nothing to do with his absence.

Speaking of v3 do we know anything about it at all other than 'it's being made' yet? I'd gotten the impression it was in a new setting because the 'end of hope's peak', but I suppose that's not a given.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Sep 10, 2016

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Anatharon posted:

Speaking of v3 do we know anything about it at all other than 'it's being made' yet? I'd gotten the impression it was in a new setting because the 'end of hope's peak', but I suppose that's not a given.

Nope. Still nothing except that it takes place in Gifted Inmates Academy, features the students enclosed in a Dome, the ability to solve class trial arguments with lies sometimes and this silhouette of our cast:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

voltcatfish posted:

Nope. Still nothing except that it takes place in Gifted Inmates Academy, features the students enclosed in a Dome, the ability to solve class trial arguments with lies sometimes and this silhouette of our cast:

Apparently one of the reasons it's taking awhile is that the whole "lies" part is pretty hard to write around, and they're also including "shortcuts" where you can skip parts of trials with lies and that's also really hard to write with.

Also the protagonist(?) is a robot.

rules of nature

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

I assume that the reason Monokuma isn't showing up is that his two appearances - one to explain the rules and the other to the killer when everyone is asleep - could just be recordings. There might not be a Monokuma at all.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
My current theory is that Chisa is the mastermind of the current killing game, but designed it to work in a clockwork fashion that would continue after she died. Much like how the student council just needed the first death and the rule for escape in order to get them to betray each other, Chisa likely sacrificed herself in order to do that while also making it nearly impossible for them to find/kill the mastermind in the process. Knowing Munakata, she figured he would do his "gotta kill everybody to be sure" thing anyway, thus creating an unwinnable murderbox.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

voltcatfish posted:

Sounds like the opposite of Hope's Peak, now the talented are maligned.

I've heard different stories about whether it will be a completely new universe or not. Some people have said it's the same universe just a few decades in the future with no one returning, in which case I wonder if it's possible that the prison for the gifted is a result of the first trilogy.

Neeksy posted:

My current theory is that Chisa is the mastermind of the current killing game, but designed it to work in a clockwork fashion that would continue after she died. Much like how the student council just needed the first death and the rule for escape in order to get them to betray each other, Chisa likely sacrificed herself in order to do that while also making it nearly impossible for them to find/kill the mastermind in the process. Knowing Munakata, she figured he would do his "gotta kill everybody to be sure" thing anyway, thus creating an unwinnable murderbox.

The extra people are still a problem in that case though.

LostRook fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Sep 10, 2016

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
DR3 Character Compatibility Quiz
And a translation for what the questions mean

May you have a favorable outcome that's better than me getting stuck with loving Koizumi

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

I got Ibuki. I think I can live with that.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
I got Ibuki too, her being my favorite dr2 female character makes me glad that it was her.

I wonder what you must say to get people like Komaeda. There wasn't a question there like "would you bomb a gym to help your friends minor problems?"

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I got Sonia

I suddenly feel under-dressed

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Also got Sonia who I'm pretty neutral about so eh. Could have been worse.

Rith
Oct 10, 2012

YOU'VE GOT THAT WRONG!
I also got Ibuki. I'm starting to wonder: is Ibuki particularly easy to get, or is she just particularly compatible with the type of person who's likely to be on this forum? (I'm also curious about whether the male characters are available, as everyone who's been mentioned so far is female. I thought being female might land me with a male character, but apparently not.)

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

May you have a favorable outcome that's better than me getting stuck with loving Koizumi

I'd be happy to take her off your hands! Her obsession with traditional gender roles can get a bit wearing, but she was still one of my favourites in the second game. Everyone was so over-the-top and wacky, but Koizumi, for the most part, actually reacted to things like a normal person. She helped to keep the tone grounded. I wish we hadn't lost her so early.

(Her unflinching willingness to stand up to Kuzuryuu whenever he started trying to intimidate people was great, too, even if it ended up being part of the reason she was killed.)

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Rith posted:

I also got Ibuki. I'm starting to wonder: is Ibuki particularly easy to get, or is she just particularly compatible with the type of person who's likely to be on this forum? (I'm also curious about whether the male characters are available, as everyone who's been mentioned so far is female. I thought being female might land me with a male character, but apparently not.)

I just got the Imposter (does he have a real name?).

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I got Akane. That's... something, I guess?

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

McTimmy posted:

I just got the Imposter (does he have a real name?).

Given that his natural speaking voice seems to be Akira Ishida I nominate the return of the term "Twogami"

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
Call him Best Character.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I got Fuyuhiko, I can live with that

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Same, but Koizumi a cute in a childhood friend way.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I got Ibuki and we got married and are living happily now

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Quick check seems only the DR2 students are available, but all of them are.

Rith posted:

I got Hinata. I demand a recount. :argh:

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Sep 11, 2016

COBRARocky
Jul 28, 2013

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

My favorite character in DR2 is White Box.

I think my PSTV has a problem, it crashed right after that.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Darn it, also got Koizumi. I'm willing to try again til I get Nidai or Fuyuhiko.

I actually had to think about 'would you rather befriend the 77th or 78th class' (because seriously no thanks to the Future Foundation). On one hand, having to deal with Mikan and Hiyoko everyday. On the other hand, having to deal with Fukawa, Yamada and Ishimaru everyday.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I would be friends with Ishimaru, Touko, and her serial killer personality. :colbert:

I wouldn't mind if Yamada stopped existing, though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
unless you are really fixated on a specific waifu/husbando, the only answer for that question is other. because yeesh, there sure are a lot of insufferable characters in this franchise.

The Divine Orator
Dec 31, 2008

Getter into the Future, Ryouma-Chan~
If you think about it the Future Foundation is kind of an ok choice among the 3, at least there's nobody insufferably gross like Hifumi/Teru.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Counterpoint: The Future Foundation has at least three or four people in it that wouldn't hesitate to kill you at a moment's notice.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean it's pretty hard to say the Future Foundation is better than either class because both classes happen to have harmless perverts.

Okay, Yamada and Hanamura didn't end up being harmless, but they are not inherently violent or bad people unlike most of DR3's cast especially the psychotic zealot and his stupid best friend.

GodofDiscord
Sep 5, 2013

Not the strongest, but the cutest.

Son of a bitch, I also got Koizumi. We are soulmates you and I. :v:

Not that I don't like her, it's just that she was killed so early that I'm pretty neutral regarding her.

GodofDiscord fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Sep 11, 2016

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Um, what's with all the poo poo about Souda? He's a good boy.

tbh Sonia should have died instead of Gundam. His motive makes more sense for her.

I got Hinata, how lame. I thought I was gonna get Gundam

Tired Moritz fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Sep 11, 2016

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He's like Hagakure if Hagakure sucked and wasn't aware of himself.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
My favourite part of this episode is that class 77 is having their anime nakama moment while Chisa is getting brain-murdered.

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

Did anyone notice watching Despair Arc, that some of the blood is that most perfect shade? This concerns me. :ohdear:

Also, DR1/Despair Arc spoilers Junko and Mukuro are... SHSL Nephandi! :swoon: I knew my internal monologue's constant, insistent screaming that Mage:the Ascension is relevant to literally everything would finally pay off!

Up to ep 5 and it is so goddamn good

Big Hubris fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Sep 11, 2016

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Souda was cool until the writers ignored the character traits that made him bearable & emphasized "obsesses over Sonia" and "gets overly hostile under pressure" way too much.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I was done with Souda when he threw Hinata under the bus to hang out with Komaeda.

I mean, I would try to hang out with Komaeda too, I just recall his reasoning being really stupid.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hinata: gives weird gifts, listens to your life story, answers your trivia questions

komaeda: talks about hope, how wonderful you are and how worthless he is.

not much of a choice there.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
If you guys think Chisa is the mastermind, isn't it easy enough for her to swap herself with someone else when everyone is moved to the underground facility and kill someone dressed as you a la Junko/Mukuro. So who's Chisa's twin sister?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

do we even know how long they were out for? Or if the Chisa double was prepared ahead of time?

• Locked thread