Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I'm just sad that they will probably not do a costume resale for all these neat outfits we missed in the past/ can't afford to get via pack. I'm really just saying this because I like the berserk Deimos outfit but I really want to get the banshee pack too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 222 days!
That 50% resist buff is rather sexy. The time limited aspect of it does make it tempting; otherwise BoH is less of a priority for me than the overall benefits I could see from 5* draws.

Deimos' costume also comes with an actually decent stat buff as well. 1200 HP and some decent defense can't be scoffed at. I should be getting a big tax return just in time to buy it...

Hodgepodge fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Sep 9, 2016

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

What power level do you even need to take on lv 4/5 of the Twin witches anyways. I think my highest unit is lv 13 5*.

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
I SS'ed lvl 4 with a team of BP 124k without a merc. Highest level was Krut at 70. The rest, Chenny, Celestial, Lee and Lena were between 26 and 59.

Haven't attempted lvl 5 yet.

In TOD news, I finally unlocked Yeka. The consensus is to max her second and passive using perfect genes, right? I have 1900 perfect genes left after maxing Lena's third.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

drat, I may barely reach that point with heavy grinding on my first 4 dudes by the end of the next month or so.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 222 days!

Nomadic Scholar posted:

What power level do you even need to take on lv 4/5 of the Twin witches anyways. I think my highest unit is lv 13 5*.

It's more about gear (not necessarily sets, but legendaries on your main heroes) than level. I auto 4 with Krut, Celestial, Chenny, Muz, Rai with 140k BP; but I actually overkill it a fair amount too.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Secx posted:

In TOD news, I finally unlocked Yeka. The consensus is to max her second and passive using perfect genes, right? I have 1900 perfect genes left after maxing Lena's third.

If all you plan to do is use Yeka in pve, then all you really need is her 2nd and passive. However I will say that with her 3rd maxed, she's good at autoing and pvp. She more or less has a permanent spot in my pvp team because she can counter counter builds so hard.

Definitely pick up her soul gear wings and try to max it. When Yeka has 100% chance to gain charges, she is absurd at disabling and healing.

If you don't want to use Yeka in everything, spend pgenes on past event heroes you didn't max if any.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

With what I have I'm barely at 97k. I have a long ways to go. I really should get around to posting what gear pieces I have, and find out if they're good.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 222 days!

Nomadic Scholar posted:

With what I have I'm barely at 97k. I have a long ways to go. I really should get around to posting what gear pieces I have, and find out if they're good.

A lot of it is just steadily refining and enhancing your gear until you have enough peeps with full legendary below 4/5*, and a suit of legendaries to move around at 4/5. And getting at least blue in the key potentials on your gear (%damage/attack on weapons, %defense on armor, attack by Hp and Crit by defense or potentials unique to the gear level on accessories) and a smattering of the other good mods as well.

It's a steady grind, fueled by cash from library, db, and farming wc.

Sets are nice, of course. If you want to invest a little without spending too much, maybe buy some 1-2* draws when good sets are in chance up. The beginner's sets in the gold shop are nice too.

e: levels aren't actually irrelevant, though, especially on heroes with nutty base stats like Krut; their effect gets magnified by potentials, %-based set bonuses as well. They just sort of come in the process of getting other stuff together once you hit 5*, instead of being your main form of progress.

e2: Also, maxing your Battle Masteries helps a ton.

Hodgepodge fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Sep 9, 2016

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Hodgepodge posted:

The beginner's sets in the gold shop are nice too.

Hm? I don't see a way to buy equipment, or anything really, with gold. (I can use it to upgrade equipment, but that's not the same thing.) Have I just not unlocked that yet, or am I looking in the wrong place?

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

FredMSloniker posted:

Hm? I don't see a way to buy equipment, or anything really, with gold. (I can use it to upgrade equipment, but that's not the same thing.) Have I just not unlocked that yet, or am I looking in the wrong place?

How far are you in story mode? There should be a side area called Library in the Sky and it has a gold shop. I don't remember when it unlocks, but it should be somewhere in area 3 or 4.

Also I think I'm about to lose my sanity if I have to keep farming these dumb green gems. I can auto everything except stage 10 and 15 because AI is dumb.

edit: https://www.facebook.com/notes/fant...795936597287318

RIP Spooky meta

Dead before it even began.

Actually Spooky is still very strong. An APB without a turn limit.

Somefool fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Sep 9, 2016

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 222 days!

FredMSloniker posted:

The Gold Shop is in the Library in the Sky.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 222 days!
Yeah, the twins are still a solid team; just not game dominating as they would have been before. Also a very interesting and fun design.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 222 days!
I don't think I'll be needing Banshee's package anymore. She can wear that OS I got.

Her range could be a little better for it, but she should be a solid OS user.

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus

Somefool posted:

If all you plan to do is use Yeka in pve, then all you really need is her 2nd and passive. However I will say that with her 3rd maxed, she's good at autoing and pvp. She more or less has a permanent spot in my pvp team because she can counter counter builds so hard.

Definitely pick up her soul gear wings and try to max it. When Yeka has 100% chance to gain charges, she is absurd at disabling and healing.

If you don't want to use Yeka in everything, spend pgenes on past event heroes you didn't max if any.

Thanks, I will intend to use her in BOH as well. So will purchase her SG wing, staff and max third.

How do you build her for PVP? Defence potentials + brooch for armour?

Also, how many Yeka genes do you get on subsequent TOD hard clears?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Pretty weird seeing all the facebook posts totally shocked that the concept of "this character will never die if you put this other character in a safe corner" was immediately backpedaled.

I'm really glad for it; Future Fight was basically ruined for me by the fact that Loki was mandatory for everything, at least in FWT the closest to him is a baller wolfman.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 222 days!

Neurolimal posted:

Pretty weird seeing all the facebook posts totally shocked that the concept of "this character will never die if you put this other character in a safe corner" was immediately backpedaled.

I'm really glad for it; Future Fight was basically ruined for me by the fact that Loki was mandatory for everything, at least in FWT the closest to him is a baller wolfman.

Last night, I described it like this to a friend: it's like my roster has seven Orlandus but the game is still challenging.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Hodgepodge posted:

The Gold Shop is in the Library in the Sky.

Ah. I would never have looked for it there. Thanks!

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Secx posted:

Thanks, I will intend to use her in BOH as well. So will purchase her SG wing, staff and max third.

How do you build her for PVP? Defence potentials + brooch for armour?

Also, how many Yeka genes do you get on subsequent TOD hard clears?

It's always 400 Yeka genes month.

If you have any other those A rank mana regen sets like Witch's or Ketarh, shove those onto Yeka. If you don't have those A rank sets lying around, go with Bow/Armor/Ring+Brooch.

It's possible to mix and match her to get something like ~27k attack with around 60% crit rate and defense.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Hey, hi, so I have a lot of free time that I'm wasting on stupid mobage games and I picked this one up couple of weeks ago. I have no idea what progression is supposed to be or what I should be aiming towards, even using the Reddit resources, because them people keep either contradicting themselves or assuming I'm willing to whale. Right now my team is all 4* Serendi, Carrot, Deb, Jack and Valk, I've been making their equips pink slowly (Carrot and Jack have the Rookie set, Serendi has a Cat set, Deb has an Iron Man whatever the name is set) and skilling them up. As for other heroes I have Mas, Jenny, Sonic Boom, Jin, Lance and I'm working on Gillan, Mu and Spooky (the chick from the shop).

I've been mostly grinding genes for the main team, working on getting those characters and dumping crystals on the recommended newbie pickups (Explorations, already maxed; Friend List, I have no friends; Support Mastery; about to max Skilled Expedition), Not sure if I should clean up the buyable masteries or not. Other than that, I have a couple of specific questions. First, what should I pick up from this event other than Spooky? Daily, I'm just going for energy potions right now - the other event I was buying everything but I couldn't buy most limited stuff because of that. Limited, should I just get all of Spooky's poo poo? The second question is about the Lost Island girl. If I can only barely clear stage 2, is it still worth dumping energy there? She needs a LOT of genes. Same goes for the Library dude.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Dias posted:

I have no friends

1) Post your name here.
2) Go to your Lord menu, change your word of the day to one of the super-secret goon pass phrases.
3) Search the Guild menu for SwdOfLowtax and Overflowtax, click the button to show the list of members (I think it's a picture of a house or something) and go down that list spamming friend invites.
4) Go to chat channel 0 or 1 and spam "add me" while looking for other people who are doing the same thing.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Name's GuelermeDias. I tried doing the chat thing and got ignored. :smith:

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 222 days!

Somefool posted:

If you have any other those A rank mana regen sets like Witch's or Ketarh, shove those onto Yeka. If you don't have those A rank sets lying around, go with Bow/Armor/Ring+Brooch.

Oh, I'm glad that's the right way to equip her, because I did that just because I have enough of them to transcend at a few gear levels.

Pity that I have no perfect genes until next month's ToD, except the 100 they throw at us at the event shop.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Dias posted:

Hey, hi, so I have a lot of free time that I'm wasting on stupid mobage games and I picked this one up couple of weeks ago. I have no idea what progression is supposed to be or what I should be aiming towards, even using the Reddit resources, because them people keep either contradicting themselves or assuming I'm willing to whale. Right now my team is all 4* Serendi, Carrot, Deb, Jack and Valk, I've been making their equips pink slowly (Carrot and Jack have the Rookie set, Serendi has a Cat set, Deb has an Iron Man whatever the name is set) and skilling them up. As for other heroes I have Mas, Jenny, Sonic Boom, Jin, Lance and I'm working on Gillan, Mu and Spooky (the chick from the shop).

I've been mostly grinding genes for the main team, working on getting those characters and dumping crystals on the recommended newbie pickups (Explorations, already maxed; Friend List, I have no friends; Support Mastery; about to max Skilled Expedition), Not sure if I should clean up the buyable masteries or not. Other than that, I have a couple of specific questions. First, what should I pick up from this event other than Spooky? Daily, I'm just going for energy potions right now - the other event I was buying everything but I couldn't buy most limited stuff because of that. Limited, should I just get all of Spooky's poo poo? The second question is about the Lost Island girl. If I can only barely clear stage 2, is it still worth dumping energy there? She needs a LOT of genes. Same goes for the Library dude.

Ok, let's see here. First, drop Carrot. Stop investing into her because she scales really poorly as you go further into the game. Remove her gear and put it on someone else. I assume you don't have any of the previous event heroes which might make pushing through story mode a bit harder.

Also drop Sonic Boom from that list. Work on someone else.

Seeing as how you got the basic stuff bought with crystals, have you done the math on whether or not you can save up 2500 crystals for the hero packages? If you have some saved up now and bought the $5 monthly thing, you should be able to save up 2500 crystals by the end of the month to at least unlock one of the event heroes if it's too hard for you to farm it.

As far the daily purchases go for the event shop, there's a few stuff missing from the daily tab so it isn't as harsh as last month. You can probably skip the Mana Stones and Soulstones to save 35 event coins per day. I still recommend purchasing all the mod pots and gold every day. Once you hit 5*, you'll be chewing through those quickly when gearing up.

For the limited stuff, besides Spooky, definitely pick up all the item sets first. Go for the costumes if you like the looks but otherwise ignore them if you really can't farm up the coins. The Transcendence Tickets should probably be the last thing you pick up and if you do get them, go for the highest rank first.

Considering where you are right, buy the Devil's Souls right now and push for 5* heroes asap. This will help you out greatly for farming Banshee and Deimos. My recommendation is to do your daily routine of strengthening your other heroes and when you have spare energy, go and farm the event heroes. The problem with trying to brute force it with weak heroes is that you will also get no where doing it.

The best advice I can give you right now is to actually focus on Spooky. Max out her 3rd skill ASAP! At max, it should apply a 19% weakening debuff on everything it hits. This should help you out immensely when dealing with tougher enemies. Use Spooky to help you clear the lost island stages.

As far as farming event coins go, the fastest way to get them is to pick a stage on the 1st island that you can auto in 1 turn. All story mode maps give 2 event coins per energy spent. Burn through your energy potions if you have to.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
From my recent experience, Carrot scales pretty well until you hit about Lord Level 65, after which she can't keep up anymore. Before then, she was quite competitive, and was useful pretty much everywhere due to her long range defense lowering 3rd skill, which let other characters hit harder while personally staying out of danger... and the 2nd skill had a pretty good area on it. But yeah, once you get past a certain point (again, for me, that was level 65) she just couldn't keep up anymore, and has been permanently benched.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
My stuff's coming along okay, I've got my first 3 5*s: Celestial, Deb, and Jack. Feeding Serendi, Valk, and Bearman cuckoos now, but I might start saving scissors for one of the event heroes instead.

I'm not quite sure who I should be sending out as my merc. Right now, I've left it on a relatively unskilled 4* Mu, because I figure the stun is never bad. I could replace her with an okay Celestial (low level 5* with dece gear, ~25k attack when she comes out due to her 2* iron man suit and personal 3*) or swap between the two of them based on the guild raid if someone wants to remind me what days a merc Mu is useful.

Also, I have 2 books to burn and no soul gear besides Chris's sword. Serendi and Radoff?

hey girl you up fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Sep 10, 2016

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Raboff's soul gear sword is an excellent boost for his disarm %.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Just got a Ghost Step accessory out of a capsule, and I have a full set on my (slowly being blinged out) Sonic Boom; ignoring the threads clear bigotry against musical ninjas with poor base attack, should I use it to transcend his accessory, or is the 4 movement a big enough deal that I should squat on it in the hopes of getting a second piece?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Somefool posted:

Ok, let's see here. First, drop Carrot. Stop investing into her because she scales really poorly as you go further into the game. Remove her gear and put it on someone else. I assume you don't have any of the previous event heroes which might make pushing through story mode a bit harder.

Also drop Sonic Boom from that list. Work on someone else.

Seeing as how you got the basic stuff bought with crystals, have you done the math on whether or not you can save up 2500 crystals for the hero packages? If you have some saved up now and bought the $5 monthly thing, you should be able to save up 2500 crystals by the end of the month to at least unlock one of the event heroes if it's too hard for you to farm it.

As far the daily purchases go for the event shop, there's a few stuff missing from the daily tab so it isn't as harsh as last month. You can probably skip the Mana Stones and Soulstones to save 35 event coins per day. I still recommend purchasing all the mod pots and gold every day. Once you hit 5*, you'll be chewing through those quickly when gearing up.

For the limited stuff, besides Spooky, definitely pick up all the item sets first. Go for the costumes if you like the looks but otherwise ignore them if you really can't farm up the coins. The Transcendence Tickets should probably be the last thing you pick up and if you do get them, go for the highest rank first.

Considering where you are right, buy the Devil's Souls right now and push for 5* heroes asap. This will help you out greatly for farming Banshee and Deimos. My recommendation is to do your daily routine of strengthening your other heroes and when you have spare energy, go and farm the event heroes. The problem with trying to brute force it with weak heroes is that you will also get no where doing it.

The best advice I can give you right now is to actually focus on Spooky. Max out her 3rd skill ASAP! At max, it should apply a 19% weakening debuff on everything it hits. This should help you out immensely when dealing with tougher enemies. Use Spooky to help you clear the lost island stages.

As far as farming event coins go, the fastest way to get them is to pick a stage on the 1st island that you can auto in 1 turn. All story mode maps give 2 event coins per energy spent. Burn through your energy potions if you have to.

I was using Carrot because she seemed to be one of those newbie-boost characters, really, low requirements for what she does. Who replaces her? Jenny? Jin? Someone else I ain't got? Sonic Boom I just farmed, dude's 2* and I never use him, hehe.

I don't think I can get the 2.5k crystals, I'm going full F2P on these games right now because I'm broke, and I've been using my crystals to buy masteries and exploration upgrades. I assume I should prioritize the other twin when it comes to farming over Deimos.

I'll push for 5* on Valk, Jack and Serendi for now, that seems like a solid core. Still need to figure out the other 2. Gillan (when I get him) and Spooky, probably. Oh, I should have Mu in a couple of days too.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

:colbert:

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
:vince:

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Neurolimal posted:

Just got a Ghost Step accessory out of a capsule, and I have a full set on my (slowly being blinged out) Sonic Boom; ignoring the threads clear bigotry against musical ninjas with poor base attack, should I use it to transcend his accessory, or is the 4 movement a big enough deal that I should squat on it in the hopes of getting a second piece?

Go fast and gently caress dodge. Make 2 sets.

Dias posted:

I was using Carrot because she seemed to be one of those newbie-boost characters, really, low requirements for what she does. Who replaces her? Jenny? Jin? Someone else I ain't got? Sonic Boom I just farmed, dude's 2* and I never use him, hehe.

I don't think I can get the 2.5k crystals, I'm going full F2P on these games right now because I'm broke, and I've been using my crystals to buy masteries and exploration upgrades. I assume I should prioritize the other twin when it comes to farming over Deimos.

I'll push for 5* on Valk, Jack and Serendi for now, that seems like a solid core. Still need to figure out the other 2. Gillan (when I get him) and Spooky, probably. Oh, I should have Mu in a couple of days too.

Should probably still keep Deb around since you're lacking a scissor hero. The problem right is that you're missing a lot of the old event heroes which were all really loving good. If you're going to keep using Serendi, you should also try to farm up Lance because he also pairs up really well with Serendi.

Since you're having trouble with farming Banshee, you can try this stupid strat out. Bring Spooky and Ian together because they both have a 2 turn weakening skill. 3rd person should be someone with high attack. This will straight up murder Banshee in the upper left portion of the map.

As for Spooky on the lower right, I would just bring Jack + Jack merc to shred her.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 222 days!
Did we find some way to make KItty strat work on the gun boss?

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Hodgepodge posted:

Did we find some way to make KItty strat work on the gun boss?

It's still rear end. For whatever reason, 80% chance to stun seems more like 50% because heroes with 75% stun rate can land more consistent stuns than Kitty.

Mu strat is also rear end because you need at least a 1st turn stunner otherwise the boss will freely attack.

Kitty strat might work if you get her +10 soul gear so she has 100% stun chance but that is way too much work for a single day of raid. At least with Lee, he's actually good in other areas.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Somefool posted:

Should probably still keep Deb around since you're lacking a scissor hero. The problem right is that you're missing a lot of the old event heroes which were all really loving good. If you're going to keep using Serendi, you should also try to farm up Lance because he also pairs up really well with Serendi.

Since you're having trouble with farming Banshee, you can try this stupid strat out. Bring Spooky and Ian together because they both have a 2 turn weakening skill. 3rd person should be someone with high attack. This will straight up murder Banshee in the upper left portion of the map.

As for Spooky on the lower right, I would just bring Jack + Jack merc to shred her.

I got Lance, just forgot to mention him. Didn't invest AT ALL on the thing tho, if he pairs up well with people I might give him a whirl. Isn't Serendi supposed to be one of the good long-term units?

I'll try that strat out but my Ian is kinda crap right now.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 222 days!

Somefool posted:

It's still rear end. For whatever reason, 80% chance to stun seems more like 50% because heroes with 75% stun rate can land more consistent stuns than Kitty.

Mu strat is also rear end because you need at least a 1st turn stunner otherwise the boss will freely attack.

Kitty strat might work if you get her +10 soul gear so she has 100% stun chance but that is way too much work for a single day of raid. At least with Lee, he's actually good in other areas.

I don't really mind the boss getting off an attack on the first turn, since my team just gets healed by Celestial. But at that point I have like two dedicated damage dealers and I seem to do just as well with a Lee merc instead.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

I need someone with a good Celestial to put her up as a merc. Dershiva tried, but died to Deimos's second attack. Trying a new anti-Deimos strat.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

NinjaDebugger posted:

I need someone with a good Celestial to put her up as a merc. Dershiva tried, but died to Deimos's second attack. Trying a new anti-Deimos strat.

I put mine up but it's not very tanky.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Somefool posted:

I put mine up but it's not very tanky.

Needs to be -really- tanky, because it has to live through Deimos's scissors and paper forms. Minimum 65% defense and a shitload of HP. Even getting healed for full every turn, you have to be able to survive the double hit of passive and his best attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

For those who haven't learned this: If you can get to Deimos in his library stage, you can absolutely beat him. Take a Krut mercenary with you, along with your own Krut or Lena. On turn 14, make sure Krut is within running distance of the place where Deimos will spawn. On turn 15, move him to be exactly diagonal from Deimos and use his third skill to immobilize (same position for Lena). If Deimos cannot move from his starting position, he won't attack at all unless someone is directly in front of him. As long as you keep that lane open, attacking on the diagonal, you can use Krut or Lena to keep him there indefinitely (alternate immobilize with inaction or first skill, as necessary) while the rest of your team mops up the mobs and then run down to help finish him off.

• Locked thread