Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

henkman posted:

I'm thorin

no poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

hot take alert: i think h2k actually match up really well with edg, provided they're playing forg1ven and try to force the advantage with odoamne

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
They've already confirmed they're using Forgiven so that part is at least covered.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
https://twitter.com/hyperstz/status/774680664457277440

lmao

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

lmao

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Clg seems pretty hosed but I think it's possible tsm can beat ssg and c9 can beat fw so maybe we have a coinflip chance to make it to semi's?

Either way I doubt we could possibly do as bad as last year where we somehow managed to blow 10 out of 9 chances to make it past week 2.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

exethan posted:

the casters gathered around the campfire and shared their salaries and monte got really mad and wrote dumb tweets about it

nah they all shared their salaries and monte asked casters who didn't cast league of legends and realized every other caster even for games like Smite, Starcraft, and Halo (all games with considerably smaller competitive scenes) were being paid twice as much as Riot was paying even their own inhosue casters (Phreak, Kobe, Deficio, etc) and he told Riot to pay him as much as loving Smite casters make and Riot was like "why would we do that lul" so he decided he wasn't going to get paid lovely amounts for the amount of work he would have to do. None of his tweets on the subject of caster pay (or player/team compensation for the matter) were dumb, they all opened a line into discussion that's been needed for a while and is potentially bringing a change to both player compensation and overall spring/summer split and possibly relegation structuring.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Luna Was Here posted:

nah they all shared their salaries and monte asked casters who didn't cast league of legends and realized every other caster even for games like Smite, Starcraft, and Halo (all games with considerably smaller competitive scenes) were being paid twice as much as Riot was paying even their own inhosue casters (Phreak, Kobe, Deficio, etc) and he told Riot to pay him as much as loving Smite casters make and Riot was like "why would we do that lul" so he decided he wasn't going to get paid lovely amounts for the amount of work he would have to do. None of his tweets on the subject of caster pay (or player/team compensation for the matter) were dumb, they all opened a line into discussion that's been needed for a while and is potentially bringing a change to both player compensation and overall spring/summer split and possibly relegation structuring.

yeah but have you considered that riot can do no wrong?

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

ArbitraryC posted:

Clg seems pretty hosed but I think it's possible tsm can beat ssg and c9 can beat fw so maybe we have a coinflip chance to make it to semi's?

Either way I doubt we could possibly do as bad as last year where we somehow managed to blow 10 out of 9 chances to make it past week 2.

Do you mean get out of group stage? Because most likely for C9 to make it to semi's they have to beat EDG or ROX in a BO5, which I'm not holding my breath for, even if I do think they have a decent shot at being the second team out of their group. TSM is much more likely to make it to semi's

Action George fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Sep 11, 2016

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

GreyPowerVan posted:

yeah but have you considered that riot can do no wrong?

i mean you are talking to someone who spent something like 2.5k on this dumv fucikng game so lma;;fo i guess

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Are TSM and CLG actually going to make it out of groups? Is this really happening?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

hey man where are you getting the drugs that make you think clg is getting out of groups. hook me up i have a bunch of boring work to do this upcoming week

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Luna Was Here posted:

he's still a retard for doing all of this through twitter

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

exethan posted:

Normally, I'd agree, but Riot only actually reacts to things if Reddit and/or Twitter get in their face about it. It's not good.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Yeah, it's obnoxious that it has to be like that, but where else would he do it? Apparently Riot basically controls the League subreddit and it's not like too many people are watching his YouTube vids and Twitch streams.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

exethan posted:

This is the world we live in

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Monte should have garnered support from other casters before taking it to social media. Instead he went off half cocked and support from the community is tepid or non-existent.

Regi played Riot like a fiddle and you have people treating a high-level dispute between managers over how much of a controlling share they get like it's some kind of Glorious eSports Workers Revolution.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Typical Pubbie posted:

Monte should have garnered support from other casters before taking it to social media. Instead he went off half cocked and support from the community is tepid or non-existent.

Regi played Riot like a fiddle and you have people treating a high-level dispute between managers over how much of a controlling share they get like it's some kind of Glorious eSports Workers Revolution.

I'll agree with this extremely temperature take.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
he took it to twitter because he has a massive ego and he was mad. he didn't do any favors to others looking to renegotiate their salaries. plus sharing your salary is taboo in america so his twitfit makes it sound like he went asking his friends for their salary info and immediately turned around to bitch about it to anyone listening

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Is the LPL independent or are they riot employees

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

Is the LPL independent or are they riot employees

I think they were independent and are now (like started spring split of this year)under riot

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Here are some real predictions you unimaginative fucks :colbert:

http://pickem.lolesports.com/share/series/3/user/1933082/my-picks

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Wuxi posted:

Here are some real predictions you unimaginative fucks :colbert:

http://pickem.lolesports.com/share/series/3/user/1933082/my-picks
We have similar picks, friend. Since nobody predicted last year's Chinese explosion and EU doing so well I went for some oddball picks too

http://pickem.lolesports.com/share/series/3/user/868/my-picks

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Whilst my body was submerged in exotic oils, I had a vision of the NA flag draped over the Summoner's Cup

http://pickem.lolesports.com/share/series/3/user/273627/my-picks

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Splyce has more Danes than TSM, making it an easy victory for them. TSM won't stand a chance.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Random thoughts and gut feelings about regions groups:

Other than G2 who should be embarrassed if they don't finish 2nd in their group I have no idea how to stack up the EU teams to anyone else.

From watching the LCS playoffs it seems pretty obvious that TSM and G2 are likely the only two teams who have a chance at escaping the group stages but lower seed NA/EU teams have shown a lot of life in the past. I would like Splyce more if they weren't in Group D. I think this year's TSM is the strongest team NA has ever sent to worlds but they could still go home in groups if they have like one or two bad games based on how brutal Group D is.

I like this year's wild card teams a lot more than in years past but I still don't know if it's wise to place them anywhere but fourth.

After watching some of the LMS playoffs I feel lower on those two teams than their seeding would dictate but I don't know if I'm comfortable with saying neither will make the round of 8.

I'm really high on all three China teams but if last year is any evidence that would be a big mistake. I could see all three (including I May who are basically just EDG 2 with previous worlds experience) making it out of groups.

Aside from ROX who will probably sweep their group, I think both SKT and Samsung will be mortal and it will be possible (and likely) for good teams to take games off of them. Neither one of them have looked like an insanely dominant team lately. I don't see SKT winning the whole tournament either.

Libertine fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Sep 11, 2016

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Also, food for thought:

The GosuGamers international rankings (not entirely sure how their weighted rankings work, but it's an interesting jumping off point):

http://www.gosugamers.net/lol/rankings

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Libertine posted:

Also, food for thought:

The GosuGamers international rankings (not entirely sure how their weighted rankings work, but it's an interesting jumping off point):

not going to pay too much attention to these since immortals is still ranked super high after missing worlds and looks like they were ranked #1 world before losing to TSM/c9

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

It's probably because if you were designing a statistical rating system it should predict that a 33-3 team was pretty good but then it can't compensate for multiple total collapses drenched in Karma shields and tilt.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Libertine posted:

It's probably because if you were designing a statistical rating system it should predict that a 33-3 team was pretty good but then it can't compensate for multiple total collapses drenched in Karma shields and tilt.

Also no statistical rating system currently in use is adjusts for the fact that Pobelter's real name is "Eugene"

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Immortals will never win in playoffs till pobelter changes his ign to Eugene

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Libertine posted:

Also, food for thought:

c9c is the fifth best team in na, works for me.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Libertine posted:

Also, food for thought:

I like that Splyce is marked as Denmark and not EU lol

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Firebert posted:

I like that Splyce is marked as Denmark and not EU lol

TSM should be too

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

Libertine posted:

Also, food for thought:

That list gets insanely wonky past the top 15~18

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I guarantee you AHQ is better than Splyce and CLG.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Sexpansion posted:

I guarantee you AHQ is better than Splyce and CLG.

AHQ didn't look good at all in the LMS playoffs. I don't know TBH.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Libertine posted:

AHQ didn't look good at all in the LMS playoffs. I don't know TBH.

True, but they play in a significantly more difficult region than Splyce and CLG is CLG.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Sep 11, 2016

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Sexpansion posted:

True, but they play in a significantly more difficult region than Splyce

i don't think so, LMS teams fall off super hard after the top 2. their mid to low tier teams are incredibly bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Uzis nickname in China is puppy. scarras nickname in China is fat hand

• Locked thread