Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

*smash cut*

Yup, cause Vince needs his bathroom, needs his sink.

Whats was this room?

The room I told Vince I was going home in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS

Ty1990 posted:

I will tell you straight up right now as a 26 year old male if I had 10 million dollars or anything near that in my savings account I wouldn't take a step near the octagon.

Wait until dwindling fame and a midlife crisis hits ya.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Go Home and Be A Family Man!

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I don't know about dwindling fame. Fans still chant for Punk and if he went back he'd instantly be the most over guy in the company

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

astrollinthepork posted:

Wait until dwindling fame and a midlife crisis hits ya.

Punk left the WWE at arguably the height of his fame brotha.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa

astrollinthepork posted:

Pay for my training and book me for ufc 210 and I'll do the same. As would you and most 18-45 year old dudes.

you think most guys would show up at roufusport every day and get beaten up for two years for the privilege of being wedgied by the bully from a john hughes movie in front of millions of people?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Seriously only like Bryan, Cena, Austin, and the Rock got bigger reactions than Punk's at his peak.

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

HE KNOWS

Intruder posted:

I don't know about dwindling fame. Fans still chant for Punk and if he went back he'd instantly be the most over guy in the company

Sure buddy

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Intruder posted:

I'm not quite sure that would be the case now he's been smashed in such a public fashion but yeah it was pretty much the case about 2 hours ago.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
someone needs to post a video of that

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

Dexo posted:

Seriously only like Bryan, Cena, Austin, and the Rock got bigger reactions than Punk's at his peak.

If Punk was so great he would have headlined Wrestlemania. And you can tell him I said that.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Burt Buckle posted:

If Punk was so great he would have headlined Wrestlemania. And you can tell him I said that.

Lol

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

HE KNOWS

Burt Buckle posted:

We saw tonight why he didn't. Phil Shooks

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Burt Buckle posted:

Lmfao

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Even if you followed his career before this, you don't necessarily have to give him respect. You'd arguably have less reason to.

Seeing a guy who was so adamantly against part timers in the WWE taking spots from people who were actually regularly there, go to the UFC and get his own show and PPV midcard match (slotted ahead of Faber, a guy who's been there 6 years) against a guy who is definitely getting paid less but definitely fought more than him. I can understand people not wanting to golfclap for him getting this opportunity.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
So will he fight again?

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

HE KNOWS

Chris James 2 posted:

Even if you followed his career before this, you don't necessarily have to give him respect. You'd arguably have less reason to.

Seeing a guy who was so adamantly against part timers in the WWE taking spots from people who were actually regularly there, go to the UFC and get his own show and PPV midcard match (slotted ahead of Faber, a guy who's been there 6 years) against a guy who is definitely getting paid less but definitely fought more than him. I can understand people not wanting to golfclap for him getting this opportunity.

CM Punk. Noted hypocrite and bitch

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

A well said argument I could get behind.

But still the human side in me still gives him props for doing what he did.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
CM Punk is the John Cena of UFC and going by that the loses this match but wins the next two rematches.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Burt Buckle posted:

He was going to get that opportunity, unfortunately he didn't see facing HHH at Mania as a main event (even though he wrestled Undertaker the year prior which is also like wrestling the main event)

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

fart blood posted:

So will he fight again?

he cut a big promo after the fight saying he wasn't done and you have to get back up when knocked down and FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS KIDS

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Memento posted:

Go look at what AJ Styles was making between his TNA and NJPW contracts.

I know Mysterio was asking $20,000 an appearance after he left, but who the hell can afford to pay that in the US to get 750 seats paid, I don't know

RagingHematoma
Apr 19, 2004

Goiters can be beautiful too!
He says he is going to continue his journey. Why would the UFC allow this to continue at this point? There is really nowhere for him to go from here.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Chris James 2 posted:

I'm not disagreeing with you exactly, but at the same time I think there's a case to be made that where he was slotted on the card actually was an advantage to the people beneath him, as if the point of his being on the card meant anything at all it was to get new eyes on the product (regardless of whether he was successful or not at it) and people who were waiting for the punk fight were more likely to be watching the fights up until his before tuning out or losing interest than those after. Where you are on the card of a UFC PPV outside of the the co-main or main event matters less than say on a WWE PPV.

I mean you can make the argument that he shouldn't have been on the main card at all, but if the point of him being on it at all was to make the UFC money by selling PPV's I don't see any advantage in having him on the prelims. Honestly can you imagine anyone who was watching because of Punk seeing that and then thinking "oh boy I should buy the PPV now." It was in the UFC's interest to keep his fight as late on as possible.

It doesn't make him any less of a hypocrite on the whole part timer thing though.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe

RagingHematoma posted:

He says he is going to continue his journey. Why would the UFC allow this to continue at this point? There is really nowhere for him to go from here.

$$$ if this ppv ends up being a draw

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

StarkRavingMad posted:

he cut a big promo after the fight saying he wasn't done and you have to get back up when knocked down and FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS KIDS

that's a no

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Skinty McEdger posted:

It doesn't make him any less of a hypocrite on the whole part timer thing though.

at least he put over new talent

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

The draw was always the first fight and the curiosity around it. I don't see any way anyone who saw that fight would want to buy another one as a result.

Someone said in the main thread the best way for them to cash in now if they want to continue to use him is probably sticking him on TUF, not unlike what they did with Kimbo. That's probably their best option. Though again I guess it all depends on what his contract was like.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

RagingHematoma posted:

He could fight that guy that Mickey Gall beat, I guess. If he does have another fight I doubt it will be on PPV again.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

RagingHematoma posted:

Because he sells tickets and if he wasn't lying in his little after match speech he seems to enjoy being paid well to get really beaten up in hilarious ways? I mean, surely there must be someone in his weight who needs to be fed a win.

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

Maybe now CM Punk can try out for the Chicago Cubs.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Punk vs Conor

RagingHematoma
Apr 19, 2004

During the press conference he compared himself leaving the WWE for mma to Jordan leaving the NBA to play baseball.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

ZoDiAC_ posted:

Punk vs Conor

I don't know, I mean after watching that fight I would have to fancy Connor Michalek as the heavy favorite in that fight.

Monkeycheese
Feb 24, 2002

ninja minúsculo

achillesforever6 posted:

He was going to get that opportunity, unfortunately he didn't see facing HHH at Mania as a main event (even though he wrestled Undertaker the year prior which is also like wrestling the main event)

main event = last match dipshit

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Wrong thread. Welp.

I don't think Punk'd go back to WWE, even with a literal truckload of money?

RagingHematoma
Apr 19, 2004

He's not going back to WWE.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Punk's hard-headed and not really doing poo poo for money, he ain't going back to wrestling anytime soon. Hell, I think despite a big loss tonight he might try his hand at MMA again even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

FullLeatherJacket posted:

i love that Punk took three minutes out of his life to get choked out and then went straight back to "believe in yourself, dreamhaver" speeches to Rogan

if you truly believe, you can fail to achieve anything you want to

Cleverly, Punk's dream was to have an MMA fight, not win an MMA fight. He has achieved his dream on a technicality.

• Locked thread