Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I have a similar setup except I'm less organized and have a bunch of boxes filled with high IVed Pokémon that I have no real reason to actually keep. I really should wondertrade them away but I often get that nagging feeling that I need to keep the mon for future breeding. Of course, if I do wondertrade them, there's a high chance I'll end up with similar Pokémon which defeats the original purpose of wondertrading them away.

I'm a drat Pokémon hoarder. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
I'm currently playing through my copy of SoulSilver again just to toss a bunch of special ball 'mons into my bank. 3/8ths through Kanto so I can finally get and use rock climb.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Elfgames posted:

Sort by type then gen then alphabetically

I sort by type -> dex number

sharrrk posted:

there are a lot of moves that in an irl setting would be amazing but because of the mechanics of a turn based rpg environment are trash

Pokken was amazing at demonstrating this.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

notoriousman posted:

I'm currently playing through my copy of SoulSilver again just to toss a bunch of special ball 'mons into my bank.

Hello new best friend.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

oddium posted:

i have them sorted by dex number obvs, then a box of specials including shines, then a box for my hg/y/oras/eventually red champions

i knew i could trust you

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

sharrrk posted:

Thats messed up

My list of Pokecrimes is long and storied

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I have my Pokemon sorted by type, so their background wallpapers are appropriate.

Within the boxes, I have properly bred and trained Pokemon, then Pokemon that have been part of my story teams, then shinies, then other Pokemon. Within those groups, they are sorted by dex number.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

all of my pokemon are haphazardly placed in the bank to rot for eternity, forgotten remnants of past games.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Sort by type is the best. I like to imagine them having fun with their friends in the digital world.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

mabels big day posted:

all of my pokemon are haphazardly placed in the bank to rot for eternity, forgotten remnants of past games.
My Rayquaza that came from Emerald forward to Diamond, served as my Fly/Cut slave for like four years, then forward to Black and is now rotting in the bank is named "Rayg0ld", because there was no @ symbol, I was thirteen, and why WOULDN'T I want to name it after a pedophile?

so what I'm saying is not only do I support this but the amnesia is a good thing

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Can I just say that it's completely absurd that the bank doesn't have any automatic sorting options

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

cheetah7071 posted:

Can I just say that it's completely absurd that the bank doesn't have any automatic sorting options

In my experience as a gamer, the easier the feature is to include the less likely it will ever be done.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I don't even know where to get started on all the ways this upsets me.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

gunpei yokoi has returned to claim what is rightfully his

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

this is extremely good

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Look how happy James is. :3:

My pokemon are in boxes by type. Dual-types go in whichever box I feel best represents them. Then I put single-types on the left and dual-types on the right. This is correct and good.

Thinking of trying a Nuzlocke but I'd want to go back to an older game for it probably. Maybe White2, I haven't played that yet.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
Here's something interesting. The Unlimited Tile Puzzle game stops counting your points at 49,999, which happens when you complete puzzle number 47. But in the event that you advance further than puzzle number 48, the high score table doesn't use the "number of puzzles completed" field as a tie-breaker, it just sorts your newer score below the old score even if you completed more puzzles.

I guess they didn't think anyone would be enough of a loser to get that good at the game. Well guess what Game Freak I proved you wrong!!!

linked because my webhosting isn't playing nice with the forums atm for some reason

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I don't think I've ever seen the winter Poképuff before.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Diet Poison posted:

Hello new best friend.

Hah, anyone in particular you're looking for?

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Zuzie posted:

I don't think I've ever seen the winter Poképuff before.

Because the Unlimited Tile Puzzle minigame is trash.

Blaine the Train
Aug 18, 2006
Choo choo, pardner.

Hammerite posted:

Here's something interesting. The Unlimited Tile Puzzle game stops counting your points at 49,999, which happens when you complete puzzle number 47. But in the event that you advance further than puzzle number 48, the high score table doesn't use the "number of puzzles completed" field as a tie-breaker, it just sorts your newer score below the old score even if you completed more puzzles.

I guess they didn't think anyone would be enough of a loser to get that good at the game. Well guess what Game Freak I proved you wrong!!!

linked because my webhosting isn't playing nice with the forums atm for some reason

Jesus. I can't even get past a streak of 12. :(

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

notoriousman posted:

Hah, anyone in particular you're looking for?

All female, obviously:
Level Ball: Anyone breedable. I just want to have every ball represented in my collection in case these never come back again.
Friend Ball: Anyone green, (& breedable) really.
Heavy Ball: Onix
Sport (bug catching contest) Ball: Scyther

Complete this task if you desire and be rewarded handsomely. You like shiny Pokemon? Everyone likes shiny Pokemon.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Wow, well done. I can't even get past like three. I am just poo poo at it.

Thank gently caress for Head It

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Diet Poison posted:

All female, obviously:
Level Ball: Anyone breedable. I just want to have every ball represented in my collection in case these never come back again.
Friend Ball: Anyone green, (& breedable) really.
Heavy Ball: Onix
Sport (bug catching contest) Ball: Scyther

Complete this task if you desire and be rewarded handsomely. You like shiny Pokemon? Everyone likes shiny Pokemon.

If I may squeeze myself in here like an rear end in a top hat, I have several Level Ball Larvitar on hand that I have no attachment to. Also a Heavy Ball Onix I can breed (and friend ball Mareep. Which isn't really color-coded but whatever).

Emong fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Sep 11, 2016

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

McDragon posted:

Head It's my bread and butter. I can't get past three on tile puzzle, either. That game fucks with my head.

Emong posted:

If I may squeeze myself in here, I have several Level Ball Larvitar on hand that I have no attachment to. Also a Heavy Ball Onix I can breed (and friend ball Mareep. Which isn't really color-coded but whatever).

If you can give/breed me one of each of these, I think that's worth one of my genuine shinies.

This does not mean my offer to you, notoriousman, is closed, if you are interested in getting me that Scyther and a rando level or friend ball mon, if you're going to be catching them and bringing them to gen6 to breed anyway.

I'm going to try and find the trade thread to take this discussion to. Either/both of you are welcome to follow me there and we'll set something up.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Because the Unlimited Tile Puzzle minigame is trash.

It's good, and my Pachirisu all have a great time playing it.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i have a ton of sport ball scythers

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

oddium posted:

i have a ton of sport ball scythers

If you've got a ton of 'em, perhaps one is a girl with Technician and already has a good IV baseline to make me breeding her easier? Get thee to the trade thread and look at my list.

less laughter posted:

editing answers into posts above the question is this forum's weirdest habit

Is it?

Diet Poison fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Sep 11, 2016

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

McDragon posted:

I'm only mediocre at Head It and absolutely abysmal at the puzzle one.

Berry Picker, though, that poo poo is my JAM.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Diet Poison posted:

Head It's my bread and butter. I can't get past three on tile puzzle, either. That game fucks with my head.

If you can give/breed me one of each of these, I think that's worth one of my genuine shinies.

This does not mean my offer to you, notoriousman, is closed, if you are interested in getting me that Scyther and a rando level or friend ball mon, if you're going to be catching them and bringing them to gen6 to breed anyway.

I'm going to try and find the trade thread to take this discussion to. Either/both of you are welcome to follow me there and we'll set something up.
I've got a Sport Ball Scyther I can breed a copy of quick, and a Friend Ball Sudowoodo. I'll hunt down some Level Ball 'mons in a bit I suppose, these two are just the ones I have ready now.

Edit:

Network42 posted:

Can you take a pokemon from xy, trade it to oras, use a move tutor, and trade it back to xy?
Yup, I do it with my girlfriend's AS copy all the time. You can't transfer over any unique items or moves, however; basically just the exclusive megastones and any Rayquaza knowing Dragon Ascent.

notoriousman fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Sep 11, 2016

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
Can you take a pokemon from xy, trade it to oras, use a move tutor, and trade it back to xy?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

notoriousman posted:

I've got a Sport Ball Scyther I can breed a copy of quick, and a Friend Ball Sudowoodo. I'll hunt down some Level Ball 'mons in a bit I suppose, these two are just the ones I have ready now.

OK under ancient rite of Prima Dibs-a, you get first-in-line out of the peeps offering me Scyther.

Shiny offer also open to anyone who was smart enough to SR for a female Snorlax and catch her in a Heavy Ball.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

less laughter posted:

I have never understood why people do that. I don't habitually re-read the posts before my most recent post in a thread, so if I say something and you reply to it in your post which is above mine, chances are I won't see it. I assume most other forums users behave similarly.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Wow notoriousman, how could you? Do you ever think of anyone besides yourself?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Hammerite posted:

I have never understood why people do that. I don't habitually re-read the posts before my most recent post in a thread, so if I say something and you reply to it in your post which is above mine, chances are I won't see it. I assume most other forums users behave similarly.

in most cases it's a passive-aggressive way of arguing with someone where bc they don't see it you get to say you won

in this case i think the guy's just kinda not thinking fully

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I do it out of habit and its usually because I forgot to include something in the post and the person right after reminded me.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
What do you have to do with Bank to get a pokemon marked as owned in the Pokedex? Do you have to save and quit with it in the PC or can you just move it in and back out and not save until you've moved everything in and out?

I guess I could test this myself.

e: brief testing indicates you have to save and quit with things ON the cart in question to add it to that cart's Pokedex (but you don't have to open the game, just use the save and quit function in Bank)

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Sep 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I just moved everything from Bank into my PC that I needed, started the game, saved and quit, and moved them back into Bank.