Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

CLIVE TRIBE 2016

e: read ahead

Spoeank posted:

Guys read the article Clive is the better play :ohdear:

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Teemu let's drive to Clive Walford's house and camp out there until he lets us come hang out with him

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I always draft 2 qbs and tes because in 12 team leagues poo poo gets gome fast. If my starters get injured or a lose a week because of a poor bye week fill in it'll suck.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Spoeank posted:

Teemu let's drive to Clive Walford's house and camp out there until he lets us come hang out with him

I think it could work

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I reluctantly picked up the Indy defense to stream as kind of the top of the heap available, but with both starting corners out I'm not into it any more. Is Cleveland @ Philly a horrible play? Not a lot of talent maybe but new coach and maybe a different look on def against a rookie QB on his first NFL game? Is that just plain stupid or am I on to something

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MrSargent posted:

The 2nd TE on a team being 90% owned is hilarious. I am going to compile a list of everyone I know who drafted Martellus Bennett and laugh at them at the end of the season.

Yeah but Aaron Hernandez half a decade ago blah blah

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

RVProfootballer posted:

Yeah but Aaron Hernandez half a decade ago blah blah

Bennett doesn't have that killer instinct.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

jabro posted:

Bennett doesn't have that killer instinct.

He's a goddamned black unicorn tho.

Bennett is 90% owned because all the talk has been NE is going to run 2TE sets again and MB is still a pretty drat good TE.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Gronk officially out this weekend :monocle:

As someone that owns 0 shares and is facing him in 1 league this week, I approve.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

MrSargent posted:

The 2nd TE on a team being 90% owned is hilarious. I am going to compile a list of everyone I know who drafted Martellus Bennett and laugh at them at the end of the season.

A certain 2nd TE and lawless gangbanger would like to have words with you.

Jk I'm not saying Black Unicorn is Hernandez. But a man can dream. Of black unicorns.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
I was forced to take a backup TE in this particular league because there's a limit on RBs (5) and WRs (4). IIRC that's a default ESPN setting

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Miko posted:

100%. Football season is all about small sample sizes and injury reports. And Charles Sims.

you have awakened me from my slumber

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012

Zombie Tsunami posted:

you have awakened me from my slumber

...C-Mike?

timp posted:

I was forced to take a backup TE in this particular league because there's a limit on RBs (5) and WRs (4). IIRC that's a default ESPN setting

Could've taken a backup kicker, right?

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

I prefer C-Woke now.

This sub has had a running Charles Sims being the next fantasy savior gag since 2014, I'm glad to see it's still going. And it's still possible.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Gag?

DO YOU THINK THIS IS A GAME?!

Speaking of gags, the Cleveland Browns allowed an average of 10.3 FPPG to the second receiver in 2015 oh my god is that DGB's music

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.
You want six points? Sims will get you six points.

You want ten points? Sims will get you six points.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Here's my current active roster v. my bench going into the meat of my first game. Opponent has Antonio Brown, among others, but the worthless Yahoo! prediction engine has us within a point of each other. Any moves I might make before game time that don't seem apparent from the predicted scores (other than drafting a new team)? The screenshot left it out, but I'm streaming DST and K this year, with the Cards and Mason Crosby for this week.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Would you drop Sammie Coates or Charcandrick West for DeAndre Washington?

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

sector_corrector posted:

Any moves I might make before game time that don't seem apparent from the predicted scores (other than drafting a new team)?

I would definitely start Rashad over Coleman and Crabtree, maybe even Mathews too. Switch him in for Coleman.

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
Does anyone know of a free site that rates your leagues draft so you can compare your draft compared to other players in your league? FantasyPros used to have a free one, but it looks like its a paid feature now. I just want to see what a computer thinks of how our draft went.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Zombie Tsunami posted:

I would definitely start Rashad over Coleman and Crabtree, maybe even Mathews too. Switch him in for Coleman.

Don't sit Crabtree this week, he's going to wreck the saints

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Mr. McGibblets posted:

Does anyone know of a free site that rates your leagues draft so you can compare your draft compared to other players in your league? FantasyPros used to have a free one, but it looks like its a paid feature now. I just want to see what a computer thinks of how our draft went.

It's not paid, you just have to sign up for an account and import your team. Paid features are weekly advice, start/sit for more than two players at once, etc.

Papes posted:

Don't sit Crabtree this week, he's going to wreck the saints

:jerry: I'd still sit him for Jennings but this poster can safely do that with Coleman.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Just FYI, Hockles is running 1KYoB again this year and you should all play. It's fun, and y'all are gonna be looking at projections anyways.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
Yahoo has a stupid projection for Coleman and this is after they reduced it by 5 points. Dude hasn't played an NFL game yet and missed most of his first training camp.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Rawls' face yesterday afternoon when a reporter starting asking him about his limited workload this weekend:

gently caress everybody I'm starting him.

As a reminder to everybody, I had a similar "hunch" about Scott Chandler week 1 last year. He got 1 catch for 1 yard. So that's probably what will happen here. But gently caress it, I'm sticking by my guns.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
GOSH DAMNIT, RAWLS

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Forever_Peace posted:

Rawls' face yesterday afternoon when a reporter starting asking him about his limited workload this weekend:

gently caress everybody I'm starting him.

As a reminder to everybody, I had a similar "hunch" about Scott Chandler week 1 last year. He got 1 catch for 1 yard. So that's probably what will happen here. But gently caress it, I'm sticking by my guns.

Don't sell yourself short. That was a 1 yard touchdown catch, right?

Edit: also goddammit, now I actually have some doubts about starting Woodhead (against KC with Melvin Gordon likely to get fed) over Rawls.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Sep 10, 2016

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Let's say you wanted to create a league that highly encouraged trading. To the point where it was not quite mandatory, but there was a real bonus for doing it (or penalty for not), each week.

How would you guys set this up? I'm thinking maybe have it affect waiver order or FAAB. In standard waivers, have people who executed trades be ordered ahead of people who did not, but order unchanged within each "tier." In FAAB, give like $10 FAAB money to people who executed a trade that week.

It seems hard to incentive-ize the process otherwise, because affecting weekly scores is the only alternative I see and that's... harsh.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Interesting but I see people abusing this with lovely bench fodder trades.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I'd swap kickers with someone weekly to get that sweet sweet faab.

Just make really big benches so the waiver wire's barren. It's too late for that though.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Jota posted:

Would you drop Sammie Coates or Charcandrick West for DeAndre Washington?
I would drop West for Washington in a heartbeat. Washington could play a big role in the Raiders' backfield this season.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Spoeank posted:

I'd swap kickers with someone weekly to get that sweet sweet faab.

Just make really big benches so the waiver wire's barren. It's too late for that though.

Could just exclude kicker trades. I'd be fine with bench fodder trades.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

pmchem posted:

Could just exclude kicker trades. I'd be fine with bench fodder trades.

But then why force people to do it? It just wouldn't be fun if people felt that they had to trade crap every week just for a small advantage. You'd get people to lose interest in the league quickly, I'd think.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Silly Burrito posted:

But then why force people to do it? It just wouldn't be fun if people felt that they had to trade crap every week just for a small advantage. You'd get people to lose interest in the league quickly, I'd think.

Seriously this. Trading is time and in general people don't want to spend more time on fantasy. If you put in a bonus for trading, it will be the same people that already spend more time than others on fantasy making trades and getting the bonuses, furthering the gap.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Put a timer on each player so that owners can only hold a guy for x number of weeks. If they keep him too long then they lose a roster spot.

But seriously you can't make a system that forces trades and makes those people who don't trade stick around.

Samu
Jan 11, 2010

The only thing I hate more than hippie neo-liberal fascists and anarchists are the hypocrite fat cat suits they grow up to become.
Can you guys convince me not to roster Jimmy Graham? I mean I know he was crap last year but I'm having a huge case of the "what ifs?". I mean the guy used to be the best TE in the league there must be some outside chance he regains form this year.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Samu posted:

Can you guys convince me not to roster Jimmy Graham? I mean I know he was crap last year but I'm having a huge case of the "what ifs?". I mean the guy used to be the best TE in the league there must be some outside chance he regains form this year.

There's a chance, but there's also a chance that he never plays that way again. If you have the room on your roster then go for it.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Samu posted:

The Seattle offense is not the same as the New Orleans offense. Drew Brees loves his TEs. See: Antonio Gates, Jeremy Shockey, Jimmy Graham, BEN WATSON.

Jimmy may come back, and I still like him. I just don't see him putting up monster numbers like he did here, especially while coming back from the injury.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Not to mention Pete insists on using him as an inline blocker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Samu posted:

Who would you drop for him? How deep is your bench that you'd hold such an iffy backup TE?

• Locked thread