Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Monkeycheese posted:

main event = last match dipshit

That was the point idiot. HHH is such a loving egomaniac that he thought any match with him was the main event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Dias posted:

Punk's hard-headed and not really doing poo poo for money, he ain't going back to wrestling anytime soon. Hell, I think despite a big loss tonight he might try his hand at MMA again even.

for Bellator

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I legit think punk is a bitter whore but if you don't respect what he did tonight you are insane.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Ty1990 posted:

He could've made a poo poo load of money fake wrestling in the indies but instead tried UFC where he knew he'd probably get his poo poo pushed in

On the converse, he trained within driving distance of his house, rather than travelling all over everywhere to stand around in man panties in front of relatively tiny crowds.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
i really dislike straight edge people and guess what Phillip straight edge people don't drink pepsi you embarrassed yourself go home

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Liquid Communism posted:

On the converse, he trained within driving distance of his house, rather than travelling all over everywhere to stand around in man panties in front of relatively tiny crowds.

I realize it's a documentary produced to make him look good but apparently he commuted 3 hours both ways to train during his camp.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

EugeneJ posted:

for Bellator

Nah. UFC specifically signed him to 8 fights because of this possibility

He's never having the 8 fights, but he's also never having a fight that isn't in UFC. A typical contract in that sense, never want someone being one-and-done especially if it's a win because then you can't make more money off of them

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I think the best result out of this fight would be Gall getting popped in the drug test.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Liquid Communism posted:

He could have been a top guy in Japan or Mexico easy

Not sure if today hurt his stock badly in the wrestling world

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Ty1990 posted:

I legit think punk is a bitter whore but if you don't respect what he did tonight you are insane.

He was 100% in over his head and was still less embarrassing than Chris avila

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

EugeneJ posted:

He could have been a top guy in Japan or Mexico easy

Not sure if today hurt his stock badly in the wrestling world

If getting hosed in MMA hurt your stock Del Rio would never have made it to WWE.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Ty1990 posted:

i respect you, booker man

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Dias posted:

If getting hosed in MMA hurt your stock Del Rio would never have made it to WWE.

I don't know if I'd look at Del Rio's last run as the run of somebody whose stock was soaring.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Marching Powder posted:

He was 100% in over his head and was still less embarrassing than Chris avila

Yea there is a difference between 'hilariously outmatched' and 'shameful'. He got his rear end beat and it was funny but at least he backed his poo poo up and, for all the good it did, tried.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Dias posted:

...Del Rio was 9-5 in MMA

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea there is a difference between 'hilariously outmatched' and 'shameful'. He got his rear end beat and it was funny but at least he backed his poo poo up and, for all the good it did, tried.

Ryan Bader, #4 ranked lhw, acquitted himself against Rumble more embarrassingly than punk by order of magnitude

Monkeycheese
Feb 24, 2002

ninja minúsculo

Memento posted:

That was the point idiot. HHH is such a loving egomaniac that he thought any match with him was the main event.

if that post I responded to was mocking that sentiment then I am indeed wrong, but for whatever reason I parsed it as sincerely expressing that

also I watched the fight on dailymotion and holy gently caress punk got annihilated

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

EugeneJ posted:

Everyone just remembers the Cro Cop murder via headkick

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

EugeneJ posted:

Oh, he really was, I went for him instead of Nakamura exacty because all I remembered was him masked eating a roundhouse kick from Crocop.

alternatively it was all a work

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

astrollinthepork posted:

Pay for my training and book me for ufc 210 and I'll do the same. As would you and most 18-45 year old dudes.

Nah, I know my limits. The guys in Heavyweight are loving monsters, and no way in hell could I ever cut to 205. Train me for 5 years and I'd still be wrecked harder than Punk. :)

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Thus ends the final Summer of Punk.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

Burt Buckle posted:

Maybe now CM Punk can try out for the Chicago Cubs.

Yeah, I really hope he meant continuing his journey to doing something else and getting embarrassed.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Tatum Girlparts posted:

really? really? do people actually think this? gently caress me punk marks will do anything in their mind to get him over, is it because of AJ Lee? he absolutely embarrassed himself after two loving years and money no option in training to get destroyed, and people like you are actually commending this? at the very least he's taking someone's spot who can actually fight and make some money for themselves

lmao gently caress me wwe fandom know no end

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Tokelau All Star posted:

Yeah, I really hope he meant continuing his journey to doing something else and getting embarrassed.

It would be like the Mr. Perfect sport vignettes, but instead of being perfect at everything, he sucks

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
it just seems like wrestling fans think a quick finish and a mangled face is something really wild

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Do it ironically posted:

really? really? do people actually think this? gently caress me punk marks will do anything in their mind to get him over, is it because of AJ Lee? he absolutely embarrassed himself after two loving years and money no option in training to get destroyed, and people like you are actually commending this? at the very least he's taking someone's spot who can actually fight and make some money for themselves

who cares lol

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Dias posted:

You don't know that was Del Rio. That masked man could have been anyone. :colbert:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
So when do we get Punk vs Gall 2?

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS
I guess I'm a masochist and all y'all are some sensible motherfuckers.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Dias posted:

Oh, he really was, I went for him instead of Nakamura exacty because all I remembered was him masked eating a roundhouse kick from Crocop.

alternatively it was all a work

Nakamura was 3-1-1.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

henkman posted:

who cares lol

i care very loving much TYVFM

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

EugeneJ posted:

does he have a win over a single respectable fighter

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

cm punk did fairly well. thought he was going to weather the storm after he got out of the first choke which would have allowed him to regroup. i wouldn't mind seeing the rematch down the road when both have a few more wins under their belt (assuming they don't put punk up against top level fighters again and he can get some victories)

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

DannoMack posted:

it just seems like wrestling fans think a quick finish and a mangled face is something really wild
So he didn't completely owned and embarrased then? Good to know.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Baron Corbyn posted:

Nakamura was 3-1-1.

Yeah that's why I went for Del Rio, I remember he did okay.

oatgan posted:

worst case scenario he did as well as punk did really

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Do it ironically posted:

You are madder than anyone else in the thread right now.

People are saying he got his rear end beat. He didn't get his rear end beat harder than Glover Teixiera did though, did he.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Cavauro posted:

i respect you, booker man
Legit have no idea what you're trying to prove but I've said nothing but facts the past two hours *shrugs*

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Do it ironically posted:

i care very loving much TYVFM

Posting and username on point

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Cavauro posted:

cm punk did fairly well. thought he was going to weather the storm after he got out of the first choke which would have allowed him to regroup. i wouldn't mind seeing the rematch down the road when both have a few more wins under their belt (assuming they don't put punk up against top level fighters again and he can get some victories)

That guy wasnt a top level fighter, he had 2 pro fights. Hes a nobody, and he still destroyed the pro-wrestler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

oatgan posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brad_Kohler

• Locked thread