Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Amazon finally updated its listings and now Bhikkhuni is also scheduled for October 11th

The game also finally showed up on Amazon Mexico and I'm sorely tempted to cancel my preorder on Amazon US to save some money but Amazon Mexico had issues fulfilling EV's orders back in march and it might be the same with Bhikkhuni.

Decisions, decisions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Buy both.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Show me even one person who regrets purchasing too many weaponized lesbians.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

I would if one of those were the Liberator Edition but alas.

Plus I own the japanese version already.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/774297364391718912

PS4 Slim box in Asia still shows a Vita.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
XSEED fully intends to port to PC every game they localize from now on and find increasingly risky retail releases

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-09-09-no-fan-left-behind

quote:

"We were probably one of the first publishers focusing on Japanese games to start publishing regularly on Steam, but now pretty much every single Japanese publisher is onboard, and it's fantastic for gamers because they are no longer limited by the console or country they're living in to be able to play the game they want," Berry said.

Bandai Namco, NIS America, Spike Chunsoft, Aksys Games, Idea Factory, and other companies specializing in JRPGs and other traditionally console-bound offerings have been bringing more and more niche content to Western audiences on Steam. Berry said that most of the titles XSEED winds up publishing are being developed now with a PC release in mind, even if they aren't (yet) planned for simultaneous launches with their console counterparts.

"It's hugely risky, and much less profitable than digital, which makes it very difficult to do physical - especially on older formats where the cost of goods to us can be really high, and the retail sales price is pretty low," Holmwood acknowledged. "That said, it seems that our fans, in particular, really do want physical copies - they're often into really into collecting the games and merchandise as well as playing the game - it's a key part of the hobby for them. So we've tried to do it prudently by keeping quantities low - shipping out just as many as we know will sell to our fanbase, then maybe placing more orders once they've sold through. It's a different approach from the high profile 'sell everything in one weekend' strategy you see with the huge titles, and we don't benefit from the high profile that a huge launch can get you. The great thing for us, though, is that we often keep selling titles much longer than a traditional publisher would - we're still placing orders for new stock of titles we launched several years ago."

"Today's gamers are well-educated and know of the issues that small publishers like us face with getting shelf space when retailers want to only focus on AAA titles that have advertising budgets in the tens of millions of dollars, so they do a great job pre-ordering the titles they want to ensure that we build enough for them."

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Suddenly their not localizing GalGun and VD makes sense.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Dehry posted:

How so?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dehry posted:

yeah, weird titty games never do well on steam *glances @ sakura series*

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Galgun JP devs not wanting it on steam.

VD's anime interests not wanting their characters on steam.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Also, most IFI games have several hundred thousand sales. Granted mostly due to exceedingly generous sales prices.

But Little King's Story was a pretty crappy PC port sadly.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dehry posted:

Galgun JP devs not wanting it on steam.

VD's anime interests not wanting their characters on steam.
The characters in the VD anime and the game are different, though.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Endorph posted:

yeah, weird titty games never do well on steam *glances @ sakura series*

Haven't the sales for the monthly Sakura games been steadily going down? I thought I remembered that, but it could have been a fever dream I guess.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Venereal Disease probably isn't a risk if you play Galgun or Valkyrie Drive

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Improbable Lobster posted:

Venereal Disease probably isn't a risk if you play Galgun or Valkyrie Drive

lol!!! they don't have sex! rofl! loving women is the only way to prove your worth as a man! and only men dumb titty games! yes! yes!!!!!! epic for the win, my boy!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

Haven't the sales for the monthly Sakura games been steadily going down? I thought I remembered that, but it could have been a fever dream I guess.

http://steamspy.com/search.php?s=sakura

If by 'steadily going down' you mean 'dropping like a stone.' first game has ~300k owners, most recent has, uh, 3k.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Endorph posted:

lol!!! they don't have sex! rofl! loving women is the only way to prove your worth as a man! and only men dumb titty games! yes! yes!!!!!! epic for the win, my boy!

gently caress, I got owned

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Improbable Lobster posted:

gently caress, I got owned
dont worry i have a site that will love and accept you, https://www.neogaf.com

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Endorph posted:

http://steamspy.com/search.php?s=sakura

If by 'steadily going down' you mean 'dropping like a stone.' first game has ~300k owners, most recent has, uh, 3k.

Wow, poo poo. I see Onechanbara Z2 only has about 9k owners too.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I mean the Sakura games probably only cost like 25 bucks to make so I'm sure they're not too concerned

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

I mean the Sakura games probably only cost like 25 bucks to make so I'm sure they're not too concerned
i feel bad for the poor artist. they're probably making 5 bucks an hour and have to really crank this poo poo out.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Maybe it's a labor of love, and the artist has already retired off patreon and commissions.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Bought a pstv on a whim to use as a living room emulation box and I was surprised how easy it was to set up the hack and how well it runs all the legacy systems I've tried. Since the hack was so recent I expected it to be more of a pain and for the emulators to run like poo poo. But nope, the only ones with any quality issues seem to be the oldest Sega systems. Neat.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Good Citizen posted:

Bought a pstv on a whim to use as a living room emulation box and I was surprised how easy it was to set up the hack and how well it runs all the legacy systems I've tried. Since the hack was so recent I expected it to be more of a pain and for the emulators to run like poo poo. But nope, the only ones with any quality issues seem to be the oldest Sega systems. Neat.

That sounded like a fun little project so I grabbed a PSTV for $20 CAD off our local Craigslist equivalent.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Im calling the cops

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
...to replay Persona 4 The Golden on my TV of course.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Endorph posted:

i feel bad for the poor artist. they're probably making 5 bucks an hour and have to really crank this poo poo out.

they're cranking something out!!!!!!

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

sorry that was presumptuous

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

kirbysuperstar posted:

Wow, poo poo. I see Onechanbara Z2 only has about 9k owners too.

they kinda just plomped it on there. i'm pretty sure the steam page was only up for like a day before the official release and people only knew it was releasing right then and there, and they were doing it the day after senran kagura: shinovi versus' port was getting released, which actually had any kind of marketing.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

XSEED fully intends to port to PC every game they localize from now on and find increasingly risky retail releases

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-09-09-no-fan-left-behind

I really dislike how everyone seems to think Xseed made any comment about retail console releases in that article. They didn't: Marvelous Europe made the retail comments.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

All I really want is XSEED to keep doing retail releases of Trails and Ys games, other stuff take it or leave it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I had an odd dream last night where Video Games retired as a mod and Policenaut took over. Take that how you will.

Also, Amnesia seems alright though I haven't been locked in a cage just yet.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

I had an odd dream last night where Video Games retired as a mod and Policenaut took over. Take that how you will.

Why would you wish such a terrible fate on Policenaut?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Please no.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is the ps4 version of DQ builders out in Japan. Has anyone done a performance comparison? I'm kind of leaning towards getting it on Vita unless the PS4 version is substantially better.

Also what's the price going to be on Vita? I was kind of surprised it looks to be $60 on PS4.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Policenaut posted:

Please no.

I'm sorry, but my subconscious has decided it is to be.

NESguerilla posted:

Is the ps4 version of DQ builders out in Japan.

They both launched at the same time, pretty sure the difference is AA and 60fps and maybe more DoF.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

ImpAtom posted:

Why would you wish such a terrible fate on Policenaut?
even Jonathan Ingram himself wouldn't be that reckless

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

kirbysuperstar posted:

Avoid the Diamond route and the worst you'll get is obnoxiously emotionally distant guys.
And maybe a couple homicides.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

HGH posted:

Avoid the Diamond route and the worst you'll get is obnoxiously emotionally distant guys.
And maybe a couple homicides.

I went Spade and I don't like the manager, he's mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
My question about Amnesia:Memories is: can my character affect something other than the boys' feelings, and is there an ending in which I can say gently caress memories and let's stay with Orion in my head?