Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
This. I live in a pretty bare party of Colorado filled with Rock, fire, and electric types. When a water type shows up people run.

Just saw a Horsea, a squirtle and omanyte appear in the span of two minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eyochigan
Dec 13, 2006

It's not rape unless I explicitly see it!
you can get multiple candies on buddy walks, even on 1km guys.

edit: and walking buddies does not give xp rewards, the magikarp was a hoax/probably hatched something.

edit2: the distance meter on your buddy is going to make it so much easier to track egg distance. it should also tell you when the 4 minute update occurs, and when its safe to turn around on your walking path.

Eyochigan fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Sep 11, 2016

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

Killer_Bees! posted:

, I never got onto the nest farming when it was a thing and deeply regret it.

Nest farming is still a thing, but it depends greatly on the availability of nests near you. I'm typing this from a Charmander Nest.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

Mnemosyne posted:

Nest farming is still a thing, but it depends greatly on the availability of nests near you. I'm typing this from a Charmander Nest.

I'm guessing he meant the dratini nests back when the game first came out. There are no true dratini nests anymore which sucks, I missed out on it too.

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
The new update doesn't work on rooted phones. Lol

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

quote:

Fixed an issue where Eggs would sometimes hatch without displaying the animation.

Improved performance reliability when a device switches networks to no longer cause the application to hang or stop updating.

Best update?

gentle pete posted:

The new update doesn't work on rooted phones. Lol

Give it 3 hours and someone will have worked out a fix.

E: never mind, this reports to have it working now: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongodev/comments/5265m1/037_on_rooted_android_50_with_magisk/

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Sep 11, 2016

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Level 20 13-10-15 polywrath with Bubble and Ice Punch... Worth powering up to level 24?

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
I powered mine up (with that moveset) because I thought it would make a good defender, and it has like 1900CP now, but it sure gets kicked out of gyms a lot. Maybe that's just bad luck though.

Eyochigan
Dec 13, 2006

It's not rape unless I explicitly see it!

Entropist posted:

I powered mine up (with that moveset) because I thought it would make a good defender, and it has like 1900CP now, but it sure gets kicked out of gyms a lot. Maybe that's just bad luck though.

It's just too easy to knock out anything with 6 attackers. I'm considering leaving half level/weak to common types in gyms to let people train easier, because people ignore level 4+ gyms for some reason. And don't say potions, pokecoins are serious and, uh, pikachu finds a way.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Eyochigan posted:

Oh darn. Maybe the Pokemon Go team/computer thinks the safeway is still there.

there are pokestops in center city that are just banners/displays from when Wizard World was at the convention center in 2014, so Go probably still thinks it's a Safeway.

Shifty Pony posted:

Level 20 13-10-15 polywrath with Bubble and Ice Punch... Worth powering up to level 24?

no

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Niantic just responded to an accidental Lucky Egg buy I made on August 7.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

indigi posted:

there are pokestops in center city that are just banners/displays from when Wizard World was at the convention center in 2014, so Go probably still thinks it's a Safeway.

Yeah the pokestops around here in NYC are often more of a time capsule. There's tons of them based on long gone graffiti pieces. They really don't seem to have expected the stops to stay relevant.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Snowy posted:

Yeah the pokestops around here in NYC are often more of a time capsule. There's tons of them based on long gone graffiti pieces. They really don't seem to have expected the stops to stay relevant.

it really is ridiculous. I've come across probably a dozen pokestops described as "horse sculpture" that are just the normal rear end posts you see on any city sidewalk with horsehead cappers. thanks to the intrepid Ingress players for spamming so much nonsense that we trainers could benefit from it years later.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Killer_Bees! posted:

yeah its not out here in Australia yet either, 5km per dratini candy is harsh, I never got onto the nest farming when it was a thing and deeply regret it.

ive never once been a Niantic apologist but it really is better than nothing.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Are you guys just updating from the Play stores for Android?

Was at Westgate last night and there was anywhere from 3 to 6 lures going on at once. I caught close to 60 loving rats and pidgeys. But good times for stardust! Also was on Mill Ave today in Tempe, where a game was starting, so everywhere was maybe 10mph down all major streets. Every drat street had 2 or more stops. I want to hit there over winter break and lure the fucker up.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Snowy posted:

my gf is huuuuge into street are and she loved seeing all the long painted-over stops in her neighborhood again

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Update doesn't seem to be live in the UK yet? (iOS) I'm not seeing it available, at least.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

AirRaid posted:

Update doesn't seem to be live in the UK yet? (iOS) I'm not seeing it available, at least.

They probably just put it up for review. That will take a few days, and Apple typically doesn't review a lot of apps during the weekends, unless you request an expedited review (for a critical bug or stuff like that).

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

Cowslips Warren posted:

Are you guys just updating from the Play stores for Android?

I always just grab the latest APK from Apkmirror whenever news of a patch hits.

e: link to 0.37.0 APK in case anyone wants it and is lazy to google

kxZyle fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Sep 11, 2016

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
Updated on the APK, can confirm it works.

Also, on top of catching a Squirtle and Horsea earlier, tonight I caught a Wortortle, and hatched a Charmander and Tangela. Plus Magikarp got four more candies.

What a good day.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
3 times tonight, I took down a level 4 gym only to have someone knock me out 2 minutes later. Finally got my 100 coins after 3 hours.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

indigi posted:

it really is ridiculous. I've come across probably a dozen pokestops described as "horse sculpture" that are just the normal rear end posts you see on any city sidewalk with horsehead cappers. thanks to the intrepid Ingress players for spamming so much nonsense that we trainers could benefit from it years later.

It's really obvious which towns in my area had dedicated Ingress players. The next town over is about half the size of my home town and is littered with stops like The Big Rock (a 2ft wide stone at the side of the road), Glass Building (a regular high street store) and The Old Tree (a tree).

While typing this my first ever Exeggcute just spawned. Time to download the APK and go walking with my new eggy buddy.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

Eyochigan posted:

It's just too easy to knock out anything with 6 attackers. I'm considering leaving half level/weak to common types in gyms to let people train easier, because people ignore level 4+ gyms for some reason. And don't say potions, pokecoins are serious and, uh, pikachu finds a way.

It seems like people are changing their mind about that in my neighborhood. Over the past few weeks there were more and more high level Mystic gyms and a few Instincts with 10 cp2000+ mons, but this weekend people have started taking them down. Was only holding 3 gyms this morning, while I had 11 last night and 7 the morning before... At least I have my Snorlax back!

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Now I might actually get my starting Bulbasaur to more than CP 53!

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Not live in Japan either. Once again, the country where the IP comes from is getting shafted. :argh:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

kuroiXiru posted:

I always just grab the latest APK from Apkmirror whenever news of a patch hits.

e: link to 0.37.0 APK in case anyone wants it and is lazy to google

thanks, Blastoise here I come

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

Roger Explosion posted:

Not live in Japan either. Once again, the country where the IP comes from is getting shafted. :argh:

Maybe they'll have better luck winning the next world war.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Big edit: ahahahaha I'm a dumbass.
E: also thanks for the link, my lazy self appreciates it.

Rodenthar Drothman fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Sep 11, 2016

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Installed the apk. My trainer's background is updated, but can't seem to find the buddy option...
E: also thanks for the link, my lazy self appreciates it.
It's not under the lower-right menu on your trainer profile page?

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Went for a walk round Castle Park to fill up on balls today, and this happened -

Which was cool, first one I've ever seen. Then as I was just about to leave, another one popped up on the Sightings page, and Pokestumble came through -

:hellyeah:

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

chemosh6969 posted:

Maybe they'll have better luck winning the next world war.
Edgy.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
I don't see the update yet. I'm on iOS in the US. Is everyone else waiting too or am I the last one in North America not walking my Pokemon?

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Bean posted:

I don't see the update yet. I'm on iOS in the US. Is everyone else waiting too or am I the last one in North America not walking my Pokemon?

Pretty sure no one on iOS has it yet.

Kimchi King
Aug 26, 2010

Dross posted:

Pretty sure no one on iOS has it yet.

I'm on Android and don't see it yet either.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

While typing this my first ever Exeggcute just spawned. Time to download the APK and go walking with my new eggy buddy.

yo dawg I herd u like eggs

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

It isn't available to anybody yet. The people who do got the APK directly. They're cheating with the head start.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Chill la Chill posted:

It isn't available to anybody yet. The people who do got the APK directly. They're cheating with the head start.

If it's available to no one, who got the apk to put up?

It's the same thing with every one of their roll-outs. Some places have it, others are left out for a little while.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

notoriousman posted:

It's not under the lower-right menu on your trainer profile page?

You must've quoted me right when I figured it out and edited my post.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I got my lil buddy squirtle here with me, he's cute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Chill la Chill posted:

lol take a look at this idiot here

• Locked thread