Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Hulk Smash! posted:

Also:

By Odin's Beer
Soup thOR Salad
Great Cakes Avengers

C'mon that should be "Buy Odin's Beer"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

His name is Megabyte Beagle, actually.
That's an unfortunately dated name. Guess it leaves room to introduce smarter siblings or something though.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Say what you will about the Superior Spider-Man series, but holy gently caress does that scene kick rear end.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
It keeps getting posted in BSS like once a week, and honestly? It never loses it's charm. :allears:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Goblin has some great eyelashes.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
I appreciate that even after going through several phases as Kingpin/Lex Luthor v.2, Norman Osborn still likes faffing about in his old school Goblin gear.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
That page is so quintessential, I hear Josh Keaton's voice without even trying.

EDIT: Speaking of, these are worth a watch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX8MOSAkLsI

Choco1980 fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Sep 11, 2016

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Green Goblin is better than Kingpin and Luthor because he has a legit psychosis that drives him to be a criminal. Lex Luthor was the one pulling a Green Goblin in Superman/Batman: Public Enemies.

One of the best Spider-Man stories is where Norman finds out Peter's identity. Spidey has a chance to leave Norman to die in a fire, and keep his secret safe, but saves him anyways. Norman gets amnesia, and forgets even being the Green Goblin, but the threat of him remembering hangs over Peter.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

RIP Ant-Man

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Stay outta my man-hill you menace!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Holy poo poo do I love newspaper Spider-Man :allears:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I was going to ask why Jonah is in his jammies and asleep in the middle of the day, but he's newly unemployed so I guess thats a pass.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He's totally a guy who stays at work until he gets a copy of the new edition off the press. Dude probably has a sleep debt mountain like K2.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
He also seems to have a bad case of morning wood too.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I know little about gun ownership, but as far as I am aware the law here for owning a shotgun is that it has to be unassembled in a locked gun cabinet when not in use. You know, for safety.

The way Jonah is sleeping with it by his bed if he rolls over in the middle of the night, he'll blow his own head off. The man lives dangerously.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The Question IRL posted:

The way Jonah is sleeping with it by his bed if he rolls over in the middle of the night, he'll blow his own head off. The man lives dangerously.

He has to be prepared in case of Spider-Man.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Or Scorpion. Or sometimes Eddie Brock if the writer is confused and thinks the animated series is canon.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

The Question IRL posted:

I know little about gun ownership, but as far as I am aware the law here for owning a shotgun is that it has to be unassembled in a locked gun cabinet when not in use. You know, for safety.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

The Question IRL posted:

I take it you're not from the US?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Lurdiak posted:

Or Scorpion. Or sometimes Eddie Brock if the writer is confused and thinks the animated series is canon.

Wait, this happens? Man, Newspaper Spiderman is better than I thought.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Kwyndig posted:

Wait, this happens? Man, Newspaper Spiderman is better than I thought.

I think it happened in a Howard Mackie story in the late 90s. Venom was like "YEAH gently caress YOU JAMESON!" which doesn't really make sense considering the two characters had never met at that point in the comics. It really came across like he thought Brock used to work for him because he was a journalist, which was actually the case in the animated series.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Newspaper pider-man happens in the universe of whatever continuity they randomly feel like using.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Lurdiak posted:

Or Ock. Ock ransomed Marla for reasons. Jonah hired the Wild Pack, who couldn't handle Otto.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

The Question IRL posted:

I don't think anywhere in America has laws about safely storing weapons.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Keeshhound posted:

I take it you're not from the US?

Nope. Hence the user name "The Question IRL." The IRL is for Ireland.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Skwirl posted:

I don't think anywhere in America has laws about safely storing weapons.

The worst thing is that different parts of America have different laws about transporting weapons, so you can cross state lines and suddenly be committing a crime.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

David D. Davidson posted:

He also seems to have a bad case of morning wood too.
Dude quit peepin the man-hill!

(I'm not giving up until it becomes a thing)

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Doc Hawkins posted:

Dude quit peepin the man-hill!

(I'm not giving up until it becomes a thing)

So, does that mean next time Scott is going to...oh god

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Choco1980 posted:

So, does that mean next time Scott is going to...oh god

The ANT in the MAN-HILL!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Maybe someone should make a Newspaper Spider-Man thread. Seems it'd get traffic and be worthy of a thread instead of just posting it here every day.

Yeah someone do that.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Eh I dont know. Sometimes it's a continuous stream of gold, at others its like 'oh god get on with it'. Right now its really incredible though.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

I don't even really know the context for this and yet I can almost hear the "it's you" in my head.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Josef bugman posted:

I don't even really know the context for this and yet I can almost hear the "it's you" in my head.

Doc Ock took over Peter's mind and tried to become a better Spider-Man but Goblin undermined the whole thing and Ock couldn't handle it. He gave control back to Peter and this is Goblin realizing that it's no longer Otto in there.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Doc Ock took over Peter's mind and tried to become a better Spider-Man but Goblin undermined the whole thing and Ock couldn't handle it. He gave control back to Peter and this is Goblin realizing that it's no longer Otto in there.

He gave control back to Peter? That's really a bummer; I wanted to believe Pete found a way to save himself. :(

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

prefect posted:

He gave control back to Peter? That's really a bummer; I wanted to believe Pete found a way to save himself. :(

It was a redemption story for Doc Ock. He realized he wasn't selfless enough to save things but Peter Parker was.

Edit: the best part of the whole story was that he couldn't stop talking like a villain and his catch phrase was "the die is cast!"

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Sep 11, 2016

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah it was was really dumb. The Goblin scene was nice tho.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

I think it happened in a Howard Mackie story in the late 90s. Venom was like "YEAH gently caress YOU JAMESON!" which doesn't really make sense considering the two characters had never met at that point in the comics. It really came across like he thought Brock used to work for him because he was a journalist, which was actually the case in the animated series.

One actual example I can think of is Bendis's first issue of New Avengers, I think, when the heroes are quelling a prison break and Carnage is spouting about sucking the life force off people, which he only ever did in the animated series. And this is Bendis, who at that point had been writing a Spider-Man book for years.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

prefect posted:

Ehh, I kind of like how it all turned out actually. The whole point of Otto was that he was convinced he was better than Peter, and he wanted to prove it. Everything he did was to try and out-Spiderman Spiderman. He made better gadgets, he made boatloads of money, he streamlined and increased efficiency across the board... but he was still a terrible Spiderman because he just didn't get being a genuinely good guy. Leaving aside the terrible, terrible attempts at banter, he was too cold, calculating, and off-putting to be as good as Peter.

Which is why it's so important that he's the one who comes to Peter (metaphorically), hat-in-hand (metaphorically), and gives him back control over his body (literally). Look at what Goblin's saying there. That woman is the last good thing Otto has done. Everything else has crumbled. The whole affair is an attempt by Otto to prove he doesn't have to be a supervillain, that he could have been a hero if given the chance, and it fails spectacularly. If Peter came back at that moment, through his own efforts, it would only prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that Octavius had no redemption left. By making that choice himself, he saves that woman. Peter may be the one who rescues her, but Otto is the one who saves her. And in a way that nobody will ever know. Knowing full well that by doing so, he's revealing what he did and making himself out to be the bad guy. It's the only time in the entire Superior Spider-Man run where Otto Octavius actually acts like goddamned Spider-Man.

That is why it's so important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Kwyndig posted:

The worst thing is that different parts of America have different laws about transporting weapons, so you can cross state lines and suddenly be committing a crime.

We've already had one war about "state's rights" let's not have a second.