Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Morning everyone, I hope you're all staying "cool" today :)

I have had fantastic results this month incorporating the Sonic Mania debut trailer music into the final mile of my runs and decided I should take it a step further and see what kinda results I'll get.

With that said, who wants to make a sweet as hell sonic the hedgehog music playlist for me for when I run in the morning?

Requirements:
1) going for maximum 60min but if you only suggest a couple that's fine! but please don't go over like 15-20 suggestions
2) all tracks must be high energy, high tempo (lyrics count as exxxtra high energy)
3) list separately 1-3 "power up" tracks for the final sprint where I'll need all the power I can get

I think this will be fun! :-]

P.s. I think the best way to do it would be to list the track name and what game it's from, and maybe optionally a YouTube vid link if you want (but PLEASE link it in the title, don't embed imo), I can do the rest!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
city escape repeated 20 times

_____!
May 2, 2004

beep by grandpa posted:

3) list separately 1-3 "power up" tracks for the final sprint where I'll need all the power I can get

This for 30 minutes. The stand out track from Sonic Colors. GABBA GABBA GABBA

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Endless Possibility, Knight of the Wind and WHAT I'M MADE OF are really good power up tracks. Speaking from experience as my phone has every single sonic vocal song on it

BigManFolly
Oct 17, 2010
I had a phase where I did HIIT on a 15% inclined treadmill and about a 6.0+ mph speed with intervals of 15 seconds running, 15 seconds taking a break and wanted to listen to sonic music doing it.

I took the Sonic Generations speedshoes jingles, which are all about ~15 seconds, and made 30 second mp3 files for each Sonic Generation level. The first 15 seconds would be the speedshoes jingle, and the second 15 seconds would be the normal level music with a fade-away. Kind of like this. Did them all except for seaside hill, which I have no love for.

I've got a lot of dumb opinions about working out and sonic music.

Other suggestions I have are:
Wave Ocean, the inlet -- Sonic 06
Most of the level music from Sonic Rush

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

For instrumental tracks, Palmtree Panic Good Future, Metallic Madness Bad Future and Wacky Workbench Bad Future are perfect for running. All JP of course.

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.
Modern Speed Highway

El Mido
Feb 22, 2011
Cosmic Eternity

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Super Sonic Racing

Also, happy Dreamcast Day!

E: Maybe some Sonic Rush tracks. Wrapped in Black maybe? It's a little on the slow side, so maybe use it during the warm up phase.

Mikedawson fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Sep 9, 2016

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
This remix of A New Venture from SRA is pretty good for running, also probably Tropical Resort Act 2 from Generations 3DS, and this song which isn't technically Sonic music since it was just something Falk made for a college project, but I think it still counts.

As for power ups, definitely Still Invincible!! and Hey You! It's Time to Speed Up Again!!! from Sonic Adventure 2. Ooh, also Goin' Down, but I'm not sure which version to use. The original is faster I think, but the 2nd half of the Generations mix is so cool!

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

beep by grandpa posted:

Morning everyone, I hope you're all staying "cool" today :)

I have had fantastic results this month incorporating the Sonic Mania debut trailer music into the final mile of my runs and decided I should take it a step further and see what kinda results I'll get.

With that said, who wants to make a sweet as hell sonic the hedgehog music playlist for me for when I run in the morning?

Requirements:
1) going for maximum 60min but if you only suggest a couple that's fine! but please don't go over like 15-20 suggestions
2) all tracks must be high energy, high tempo (lyrics count as exxxtra high energy)

I think this will be fun! :-]

P.s. I think the best way to do it would be to list the track name and what game it's from, and maybe optionally a YouTube vid link if you want (but PLEASE link it in the title, don't embed imo), I can do the rest!

i made a playlist of every song featuring jun senoue's guitar once

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

pretty much anything from Sonic CD

WORK THAT SUCKER TO DEATH, COME ON NOW

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The entire Rush Adventure OST should do it.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

You are all darlings & this page has been fantastic, great moves, keep it up, I'm proud of you sonic thread :)

I'll probably get to making this tomorrow, just need a super pretentious sounding playlist title so the drat wife doesn't think I'm a loser if she sees "sonic jams" in my loadout...

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

beep by grandpa posted:

You are all darlings & this page has been fantastic, great moves, keep it up, I'm proud of you sonic thread :)

I'll probably get to making this tomorrow, just need a super pretentious sounding playlist title so the drat wife doesn't think I'm a loser if she sees "sonic jams" in my loadout...

super sonic jams

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

elf help book posted:

super sonic jams

Actually that sounds pretty badass

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Sometimes I get scared that beep by grampa isn't completely sincere.

But I get over it pretty fast.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Here ya go Peppep
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0apF7V9l-VM

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

So that twitter poll got 33k responses in a day, I don't know if that's good or not.

I wonder what a collector's edition would contain for mania. What was in the Generations one?

Augus posted:

pretty much anything from Sonic CD

WORK THAT SUCKER TO DEATH, COME ON NOW
That music is both terrible and incredibly good at once. Sonic CD is such a marvel.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
Also definitely put Studiopolis in there, the "LIGHTS, CAMERA, ACTION!" line is fantastic

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Spiderdrake posted:

I wonder what a collector's edition would contain for mania.

Probably one of the shirts they're selling already, an off the shelf Sonic figure, and a slip of paper with a steam code.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Two things: just got Colors and I love it to bits. Shame the other two Wii games are supposed to be stinkers. I'll probably get lost world eventually because we've got nothing else coming to the WiiU

And the other thing:
http://www.dropdead.co/collections/guys-ddxsonic

I want a bunch of that stuff. I don't know if someone posted it already.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I want underwear where Sonic is constantly punching me in the dick.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I don't think that's what he's doing.

Game over indeed.

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

i got the s3+k jumper from drop dead and i'd really recommend it

it's really decent quality, free delivery to the uk and comes with some neat stickers + a little chaos emerald. only issue is it says launch rise over launch base but i don't care, buy it

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

SylvainMustach posted:

Two things: just got Colors and I love it to bits. Shame the other two Wii games are supposed to be stinkers. I'll probably get lost world eventually because we've got nothing else coming to the WiiU

And the other thing:
http://www.dropdead.co/collections/guys-ddxsonic

I want a bunch of that stuff. I don't know if someone posted it already.

Unleashed Wii was okay, but had way too much werehog. The other two aren't at all good thanks to serious gimmicks.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Geostomp posted:

Unleashed Wii was okay, but had way too much werehog. The other two aren't at all good thanks to serious gimmicks.

I don't think werehog is actually a problem there; there's about as much as in the HD version and the level design is sometimes actually better. The Sonic levels on the other hand are so underwhelmingly dimps that there's no real reason to play through the mediocre brawler that is werehog to get to them. A whole lotta running through empty space with no input required.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Amppelix posted:

I don't think werehog is actually a problem there; there's about as much as in the HD version and the level design is sometimes actually better. The Sonic levels on the other hand are so underwhelmingly dimps that there's no real reason to play through the mediocre brawler that is werehog to get to them. A whole lotta running through empty space with no input required.

Good point, but the Wii-hog levels outnumber the day levels so much that it really brings out the contrast, especially since they took out the combo-system for something much simpler and reduced the hubs to static screens so you don't get extra levels to unlock or side-missions. That's not even getting into completely removing at least one boss and two worlds entirely. At least one Werehog boss fight and, arguably, the final boss was significantly improved there, but that's it. All and all, the Wii version was so inferior that I'd just stick to Colors and ignore anything else that came for that system.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Hey all, hope you all had a great weekend :)

I just finished the greatest thing ever and I want you all to see. I used everything recommended here plus some stuff I was thinking of tonight (most recommendations I pulled from this guy's channel.

What do you think? How insanely epic is this going ot be?

I dare someone to try to f*ck with me tomorrow.....

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Sometimes I think your posts are deep trolling but then you do stuff like that and I don't know what to believe

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
beep by grandpa's love for sonic is as sincere and pure as a baby's laugh. we should all aspire to be more like him

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

beep by grandpa posted:

I just finished the greatest thing ever and I want you all to see. I used everything recommended here plus some stuff I was thinking of tonight (most recommendations I pulled from this guy's channel.

4 stars? well I guess that is accurate because you have sonic cd us music on it and like 4 copies of sonic boom there. Work it Out is the best Sonic R song for Working it Out and you're missing it.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

beep by grandpa posted:

[List of songs]

H*ck yeah man that looks :krad:

Also I hope you got the version of Generations Super Sonic Racing with the Sega Saturn ad audio at the beginning, because it's great and for some reason the OST omits it iirc?

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Since we're on the topic of Sonic music check out this ten hour video I made. You should add it to your workout routine for your ten hour workouts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-Bkccau350

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Confession time.

In 2003, I burned a CD that alternated between Sonic Adventure 1/2 vocals and Drowning Pool tracks. I think I still have that CD somewhere.

Please don't tell anyone else. It took a lot of guts to admit this.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Detective No. 27 posted:

Please don't tell anyone else. It took a lot of guts to admit this.

Too late, I emailed both American political parties and this is going to be a major issue in the presidential campaign moving forward.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

noo

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

People shouldn't be embarrassed about listening to crush 40 and jun senoue. drowning pool is another matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

beep by grandpa's love for sonic is as sincere and pure as a baby's laugh. we should all aspire to be more like him

I agree with this. Beeps optimism sincerity isn't grating either.

But beep you missed the Japanese variations of Palmtree panic.
I'm not sure how you can have any sort of Sonic playlist without it.