Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Ulio posted:

That ryze dive gif... How do u miss a Yorick who is standing literally on top of u with ur q. Also shouldn't have flashed e. If he waited for q and flash e q it was free kill.

Played a bit of Karma mid I thought of building flat ap items instead of utility but the ardent censor shield + athenes heals is just too good. That shield gets so massive. Imo only problem with her is that u can't carry late game and have to rely on ADC. Her laning phase is pretty good due to free ult lvl1 so u normally win lane easily. I usually start dark seal and still win lane because she is so strong early-mid game. Late game u have to rely more on your shields and u don't get much dmg off on their backline unless they are getting sieged or frontline adc positioning going on. I also wondered if getting windspeaker is any good as midlaner but thunderlord is really useful for midlane trades.

On a sidenote I have a guy in my friendlist who plays Illaoi top with Windspeaker Blessing. He is only gold 1 so I don't know if he is opinion is really trustworthy but he says its the best keystone on her lol.

I generally think your posts are solid but you really need to start typing out "you" because it's driving me mad at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
if illaoi actually procs windspeaker's off her tentacle lifesteal then i can see that but i'd still prob want fervor, warlord's, strength or grasp on her

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

exethan posted:

you can't and shouldn't do gimmicks like this anymore (in pro play) but here's a fun game from several years ago for you to watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRAoZJolrYI

it's kind of a shame that the ultimate league game has already been played and we will never see its like again

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

if illaoi actually procs windspeaker's off her tentacle lifesteal then i can see that but i'd still prob want fervor, warlord's, strength or grasp on her

You somehow listed every mastery but the two she is best with, Stormraider and Deathfire and the number sites back it up as 3-5% winninger then the other choices.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Taciturn Tactician posted:

The only new thing that sucks is that unupgraded red trinket disables Shaco's boxes from activating... in a small AoE once every 60-90 seconds.
Agree, the unupgraded red trinket does that yes

But I'm talking about the upgraded one where it not only can reveal you but it makes escape nearly impossible because it stops your escape path boxes from working in a massive AoE for like 10 seconds which is more than enough time to get past it and get you

It also negates a ton of Shaco's in lane power as well (I watch Pink Ward), mostly because AP builds like I like doing are heavily reliant on boxes, boxes, and more boxes to slowly shove the lane while keeping a safe zone where if the enemy pops in, you can survive

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

You somehow listed every mastery but the two she is best with, Stormraider and Deathfire and the number sites back it up as 3-5% winninger then the other choices.

i've literally never played illaoi so i p much just listed off all the good masteries for bruisers, but this makes more sense now that i think about it

dft still sounds kind of weird but applying it to the entire enemy team every what, 1.5 seconds? is pretty nice, and she's a pretty poke-heavy laner so i can see it beating thunderlords

let's pretend i'm not an idiot and that list was just "i'd prefer any of these non-optimal masteries because who the gently caress takes windspeakers on illaoi"

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Windspeakers on Illaoi makes enemies underestimate you? Idk

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

Ulio posted:

That ryze dive gif... How do u miss a Yorick who is standing literally on top of u with ur q. Also shouldn't have flashed e. If he waited for q and flash e q it was free kill.

Played a bit of Karma mid I thought of building flat ap items instead of utility but the ardent censor shield + athenes heals is just too good. That shield gets so massive. Imo only problem with her is that u can't carry late game and have to rely on ADC. Her laning phase is pretty good due to free ult lvl1 so u normally win lane easily. I usually start dark seal and still win lane because she is so strong early-mid game. Late game u have to rely more on your shields and u don't get much dmg off on their backline unless they are getting sieged or frontline adc positioning going on. I also wondered if getting windspeaker is any good as midlaner but thunderlord is really useful for midlane trades.

On a sidenote I have a guy in my friendlist who plays Illaoi top with Windspeaker Blessing. He is only gold 1 so I don't know if he is opinion is really trustworthy but he says its the best keystone on her lol.
whoa, ok, chill out on the AOL speak

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Grandpa alert!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Tired Moritz posted:

Grandpa alert!

yeah?? what did you set the grandpa alert off for, im here

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

rabidsquid posted:

yeah?? what did you set the grandpa alert off for, im here
You aren't even top 5 grandparents in this thread

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
So I moved to Europe for a couple years and have started leveling an account on EUW. Since it's been like 5 years since I leveled an account, is it still useless to buy runes before T3 or whatever? Also, is there a chat channel on EUW for Goons?

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

AmericanGeeksta posted:

So I moved to Europe for a couple years and have started leveling an account on EUW. Since it's been like 5 years since I leveled an account, is it still useless to buy runes before T3 or whatever? Also, is there a chat channel on EUW for Goons?

Yes, and I think so but I no one uses it.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Ulio posted:

a: i was trying to micro out of tower range and didnt move my mouse fast enough. also pointblank qs, especially after someone flashes, are reasonably hard to hit
b: yorick had flash. if e+auto wasnt enough to kill him i was not reliably going to hit anything else, and i had to flash immediately or i risk him flashing first - not using q because he still has that up

also you should probably know this if youre gonna dispense ryze advice but his e resets his q. makes u think

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Sep 11, 2016

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

AmericanGeeksta posted:

They scrapped T1 runes, and all T2 runes (which have 70%+ effect of T3s) are 1 IP each, so no. (Also it was never useless because a 'full' page of old T1s was still like 300 IP total.)

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Tier 2 runes are the most ip efficient runes because they only cost 1 ip and you can now have an ap setup and an ad setup for 60 ip and it really helps in those early levels

Naturally tier 3 runes are still the best and still the worst grind in the game

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i have a new smurf and used tier 2 magic pen runes. for 9 IP you get 6.1 mpen, which is only 22% less effective than the 7.8 mpen tier 3 runes which are a 41000% increase in price

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

So! More methanar games tonight? Next few days are going to be relatively chill after working for 18 hours a day for 5 days straight while I wait for the rest of the equipment to ship.

I'm thinking about going for a trip either today or tomorrow to New York for a few days. Any specific recommendations for fun things to do and see or other places to go to while I'm on the east coast?

I already took a trip to DC and got culturally enriched there.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
yea man

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I would recommend stopping at the first barber shop you see in NYC and tell them to gently caress your poo poo up. If they just spin the chair around and tell you done then you know you are good.

Seriously though the best thing about NYC is the restaurants. It's pretty hard to run a bad restaurant in that city and not immediately fail. Whatever your favorite kind of food is, go hit up a restaurant there that serves it and get crazy.

The tourist poo poo in NYC is all really lame but the museums are cool (same with DC really). If you like theater at all, Broadway is the best place in the world for it.

The first homeless person you see make sure to fire a Q at him and tell him "you belong in a museum" and then take him with you free of charge.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Libertine posted:

The first homeless person you see make sure to fire a Q at him and tell him "you belong in a museum" and then take him with you free of charge.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
You'd be a cutie without all that unkempt facial hair

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I'm the attempt at troll face

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Methanar has been a personal stylist away from being attractive for like three years now, at this point we have to accept it's not going to happen

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
he's pulling a sam hyde to protect his brand, please dont shame

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Methanar lemme play your account

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Yeh God

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

champ select chat lul posted:

hey its luna joined the room.
You are now in a chat room with your full champion select team.
hey its luna joined the room.
Nikugari joined the room.
Jungle Pref : why did u ban myu champ
Jungle Pref : are u going to answer me why u banned the champ i had hoverd or are u just a loving retard
carlito94 : nope
THIS DICK : are you going to be a little bitch or just play the game?
carlito94 : yep
hey its luna LLJK: lul
Jungle Pref : k
*locks in rammus takes tp ghost*
Nikugari : its ok nto
Nikugari : wtf
THIS DICK : dont play a lovely rear end champ that feeds every loving game
hey its luna LLJK: the classic
Nikugari : so you troll
hey its luna LLJK: lmao
Nikugari : you are retarded
Nikugari : gently caress you dude come on
THIS DICK : love children
hey its luna LLJK: waaaah i no get champ so i int waaaaaah
Nikugari : we just tryint yo play
hey its luna LLJK: BabyRage BabyRage BabyRage BabyRage BabyRage BabyRage BabyRage BabyRage BabyRage BabyRage BabyRage BabyRage BabyRage BabyRage BabyRage BabyRage BabyRage BabyRage BabyRage BabyRage BabyRage BabyRage BabyRage BabyRage BabyRage BabyRage BabyRage BabyRage BabyRage BabyRage BabyRage BabyRage BabyRage BabyRage BabyRage
THIS DICK : LOL
Nikugari : report this guy
THIS DICK : ^^^^^^^^^^66
carlito94 : lol
Nikugari : ARE YOU 7 YEARS OLD?
Jungle Pref : yes
Nikugari : loving IDIOT
hey its luna LLJK: PEEEEEDURRRRR SWAP MEEEE WAAAAAA
Nikugari : I HOPE YOU DIE IN A CAR ACCIDENT
Jungle Pref : ok
THIS DICK : when you are 5 >>>
Nikugari : TAKE SMITE I GO MID
Jungle Pref left the room.
A player left champ select. Your group was returned to matchmaking.
You are now back in a chat room with just your premade.

man i forgot how great this game is

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

exethan posted:

Methanar lemme play your account

You don't have pms.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
put me in meth man

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Libertine posted:

I would recommend stopping at the first barber shop you see in NYC and tell them to gently caress your poo poo up. If they just spin the chair around and tell you done then you know you are good.

Ask for something like a disconnect, say peaky blinders style and watch this thread go really nuts. Dudes and ladies alike love it

Edit: that's for you meth bby 😘

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Please get a haircut and please shave as I requested when you first started your blog about arriving on the east coast.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

tell the barber that you're sick of looking like an rear end hole

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
This guys a drat milksop. I'm sorry. But this kid is a drat milksop. And you guys are enabling him.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
do something about your hair, it looks like a rats nest

get out the hair clippers jerk

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

go into a walmart and pay 20 dollars for a haircut and shave you clown. you look like you're gonna drop a nerdcore rap album about molesting goats.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I think he looks cute and fun

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Work Friend Keven posted:

This guys a drat milksop. I'm sorry. But this kid is a drat milksop. And you guys are enabling him.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I want to take every selfie methanar has posted and make a thread in YLLS asking for help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Kashuno posted:

I want to take every selfie methanar has posted and make a thread in YLLS asking for help

Do it please it'll be hilarious

• Locked thread