Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
TM61 should be using the VB song (which is itself a ripoff of the Magnificent Seven theme) as their entrance music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minus1Minus1
Apr 26, 2004

Azula always lies
I'll add a(nother?) dissenting voice-

TM61 have a dumb name, a boring look, and a goofy catchphrase that doesn't suit them.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
I get that the 61 is the Australian international phone code, but what's the TM for now?
e: also they should deffo come to the ring in a rusty Holden with one door that's a different colour to the rest of the car

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

dordreff posted:

I get that the 61 is the Australian international phone code, but what's the TM for now?
e: also they should deffo come to the ring in a rusty Holden with one door that's a different colour to the rest of the car

It's still "The Mighty", hence "we are The Mighty and The Mighty don't kneel".

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Baron Corbyn posted:

Nope, it's supposed to be their WWE names, Thorne and Miller.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Teenage Mutant 61s.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Delsaber posted:

Teenage Mutant 61s.

gently caress, it works in Mexico.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
The name is objectively bad but I think pretty much everything else about them is promising. I'd like to see them work a 15+ minute match with The Revival to really see what they've got.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Baron Corbyn posted:

The Mighty 61? That makes no sense, even by WWE tag team name standards.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
I bet they were given the list like Daniel Bryan but it was worse.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MacDougall posted:

Should've done what Enzo did when he was told he couldn't be Eric Anthony.

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President

MacDougall posted:

They could be called Chilly McFreeze and Otto Von Ruthless, the Very Cold Mean Australians

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

The stars of NXT in one pic :swoon:

https://twitter.com/WWEDillinger/status/774361403897569280

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/Tim_Wiese/status/774554997249933312

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/774563203812581376

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/774548039725936640

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
First of all, didn't realize Tim Wiese was that dark. I guess it might just be the lighting, but still.
Second, when did Scotty 2 Hotty get his hair back?

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Ach du Scheiße.

AMReese posted:

First of all, didn't realize Tim Wiese was that dark. I guess it might just be the lighting, but still.

He is that dark. Lots of visits to the tanning salon, or Asi-Toaster as we'd say in Germany.

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
TM61 look like they drink Hahn Superdry, eat at Zambrero and listen to Powderfinger. Call them CUB (Cashed-Up Bogans).

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
TM61 will get over if given the chance to have long good matches. Unfortunately the NXT TV show has pretty few of those, and the ones they do have feature main eventers usually. Shane should start doing the Shoryuken again too. That poo poo will get over like crazy in Full Sail.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
speaking of, when is Brennan Williams supposed to show up on NXT? that guy's anime gimmick is probably going to work really well for the crowd here.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Paper Triangle posted:

speaking of, when is Brennan Williams supposed to show up on NXT? that guy's anime gimmick is probably going to work really well for the crowd here.

Already at the Performance Center training. Couldn't tell you when he'll be on TV. There's been talent that's been fast tracked in the past while others take forever.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Breaking up #DIY now would be dumb. Tag 'em, have them win the belts, have them drop it to the Authors of Pain while building up some other loving tag teams (like TM61, who are currently super boring despite being super good), call up the Revival and #DIY.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/Tim_Wiese/status/774980149926322176

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/RusevBUL/status/775032915956727808

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I can't put my finger on it, but Steve Cutler kinda bums me out. It's like when an acquaintance or neighbor recommends a mechanic because it's their nephew, and you take your car to him and he's alright, but you know there's better stuff in town. He's perfectly serviceable, but why.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Do you hate our troops, stick?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I do

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

They need to hurry up and make tim wiese and hugo knox a tag team called the goalkeepers union.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Andrade wants out according to Alberto:

https://twitter.com/LIGERFEVER/status/775134198600339457

Alberto's generally not the most trustworthy source I know but when you consider his appearance with his old teammates backstage at CMLL's Anniverario.....

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

What a nasty thing to do. Don't drag people down with you. If someone in the company wants to leave, let them share it, not you.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

yeah true or not that's a dick move

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Tim Wiese looks like that kid from Fear The Walking Dead in about 15 years.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/775338527924027392

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

About two weeks too late, rovert

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Neat:

https://twitter.com/CedricAlexander/status/775388313226059776

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

It's funny, I was complaining about how NXT's lost that golden period feeling of being able to elevate midcard talent that would be otherwise neglected (at that time the only guy who seemed lost in the shuffle was Tyler Breeze, now we have Andrade and Dillinger and Jose and and and), then Ryan Ward moves to Smackdown and all of a sudden The Miz and fuckin Heath Slater start looking good / getting heat.

I mean the Miz thing in particular could crest and collapse at any moment but still, #askquestions

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

YES

also lol having the hashtag be NXTMinny to cover up the fact that they said the wrong city in their announcements (which still isn't fixed by the terrible OP :colbert:)

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The next month will be interesting. As we will see where talent falls post CWC and with the October NXT class. Whether they go to Raw or are they NXT trainees or NXT "part timers" who only work live events.

I know one name that really surprised me in terms of not being a full time/mandatory Performance Center guy.

The whole situation has been really under written about all the way around.

It's no longer "get signed, go to the PC, go to the NXT TV, go to the main roster."

Things will be all over the place moving forward.

And with the Cruiserweights, we're getting an integration of NXT TV and Raw.

More now than ever, you gotta make your name on the indies before you get signed.

It is a crazy time.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

YES

also lol having the hashtag be NXTMinny to cover up the fact that they said the wrong city in their announcements (which still isn't fixed by the terrible OP :colbert:)
I've been hoping that we'll get to see some CWC guys. I wonder if anybody else will be making the trip to "Minny" or if they'll get Daivari to do a one-off appearance or something.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Speaking of NXT this weekend, for people who have gone to the touring live events in the past: how early should I plan on showing up if I want to make sure I get one of those match card posters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I am sad that Dean Malenko is going to be fired for telling Alberto to tell Andrade to go back to Mexico.

• Locked thread