Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Ape Agitator posted:

I feel like the jetski was an out of control reactionary level redesign.

"We've got a fairly nice water tech we can show off. Maybe they go upriver in a raft and deliver some story and shoot a couple of soldiers.
Too slow, give then a jetski
They just fly though it now, add Donkey Kong explosive barrels
They keep running out of ammo, make it unlimited
It's too easy, add a hell of a lot more guys
It's too hard to hit, make it a grenade launcher
Times up, ship it"

PlayStation Store 2016: Times up, ship it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
I think the original Uncharted is a fine game. I liked how it forced you out of cover and encouraged run and gun. I found the late game switch up to be fun (just run and shotgun).

The second is just an improvement in every way though. Amazing set pieces and little gameplay changes that made it feel more dynamic.

Three is the worst story, very disjointed but the gameplay is as good as the second (maybe better?) and the best set pieces. But the iffy storytelling really hurt this one.

Uncharted Vita is just poo poo. Uncharted without big set pieces, iffy controls, and a second rate story is not fun.

Four is a game where you're in awe moment to moment, but the pacing is just a bit off and it never got into a good momentum. Probably the best story, though I wish it did have some supernatural element, I was just waiting for it all game.

2>4>3>1>>>>>>>>>>Vita

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Drops out
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/09/11/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-9132016/

Arcade Archives Kiki Kaikai - wednesday release
Bioshock collection
Dead rising triple pack
Don't starve together
Hot shot tennis
mahjong
MeiQ: labyrinth of death - vita only
Mystery Chronical one way heroics - cross buy
Nascar Heat ed.
NBA 2k17
NHL 17
Pacman Champ ed 2
PES 2017
Psychopass Mandatory Happiness
Rive
Stardust Galaxy Warriors: Stellar Climax - monday release
Unholy Heights
Worlds of magic Planar Conquest - Thursday release

clear winner this week imo

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

It's funny, 3 had some of the worst plot, but easily some of the best character writing. If you don't really care about plot then it shouldn't matter too much, it's never been a strong suit of the series anyways.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pac Man CE 2 is gonna be epic

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Oh, poo poo, KiKi KaiKai? FUUUUUUUUCK YES

Wendell
May 11, 2003

One Way Heroics is fantastic.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Pac Man CE 2 is gonna be epic

preorder for a small discount and a decent static theme with nice custom pacman buttons and charms for everything

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Real hurthling! posted:

preorder for a small discount and a decent static theme with nice custom pacman buttons and charms for everything

Is there a food write up somewhere about modes and stuff? In curious what they are putting in it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

you sound hungry

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Real hurthling! posted:

you sound hungry

Always
I meant good though

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Are there any modes that are more like CE, or is it really just CEDX2. Cause CE is way better than DX.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They didn't put DX in the title, I think the idea is a sequel to original CE. But I also haven't seen any info beyond hey, new pac man game and then I bought it.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

All the vids I've seen of it have ghost trains and stuff, like DX

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've only ever played DX, what was changed from CE?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CE was just a better Pac-Man, redesigned in an era of widescreen TVs and super fast paced score attack games. It has the same kinda board design as DX where its segmented and clearing one half of the screen refreshes the other side, and essentially the same time attack constarints, but you're dealing with ghosts and power pellets like its straight up regular rear end Pac-Man instead of building up and cashing in trains like DX which turns it into a very different game. DX is good too, CE is just a lot harder and more skillful IMO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy0J27k1Z5E

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i loved pacman ce

im gonna buy the gently caress outta 2

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

FishBulb posted:

Is there a food write up somewhere about modes and stuff? In curious what they are putting in it.

I preordered. I didn't see a theme.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Feenix posted:

I preordered. I didn't see a theme.

check your d/l list on the store

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Real hurthling! posted:

wish they'd made a dynamic theme, they could make some cool poo poo with all that neon and sounds and poo poo

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

Wamdoodle posted:

I though PS4 and PC players already could play against each other re: Rocket League?

Right, but I was talking about Live/PSN cross-network play. Which is what the Rocket League folks said they could do with, essentially, the flick of a switch. They just need Sony to get on board.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

MisterAlex posted:

Right, but I was talking about Live/PSN cross-network play. Which is what the Rocket League folks said they could do with, essentially, the flick of a switch. They just need Sony to get on board.

Ah, I see. It would be pretty unprecedented.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

pc/ps crossplay is good enough. Just make xbox into more of a pc and problem solved

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Update from 2 or 3 pages ago: I got EDF 4.1 and it was 100% the correct decision. I play a cyborg lady swooping at enemies, my girlfriend plays a regular soldier and accidentally rockets me in the face. 10/10.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

CrashCat posted:

wish they'd made a dynamic theme, they could make some cool poo poo with all that neon and sounds and poo poo

I'm glad they didn't because I want to use my Gals Fighters dynamic theme for a while longer

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

homeless snail posted:

CE was just a better Pac-Man, redesigned in an era of widescreen TVs and super fast paced score attack games. It has the same kinda board design as DX where its segmented and clearing one half of the screen refreshes the other side, and essentially the same time attack constarints, but you're dealing with ghosts and power pellets like its straight up regular rear end Pac-Man instead of building up and cashing in trains like DX which turns it into a very different game. DX is good too, CE is just a lot harder and more skillful IMO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy0J27k1Z5E

Well, the trailer shows tons of ghost trains so take that for what it's worth.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

So I tried to Preorder Pacman CE2 but after the payment screen, there was some pop-up that said that my order might not have worked and to check my download list. I did, and it's under my download queue as "Pre-order Payment failed", but the title of the game isn't listed. But the pre-order is listed under my transaction history, I got emails from PSN confirming the wallet funds being added and the pre-order confirmation, and my paypal account has the funds being taken out, so I guess it really did work? PSN is weird and bad sometimes.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
The new Pac-Man game is fun but hard as hell. Surprisingly, unlike the first one it actually has a platinum trophy.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I kinda wanna get it but I don't like the adventure mode idea at all.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

PS4 Firmware 4.00 is up. Folders! :toot:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

univbee posted:

PS4 Firmware 4.00 is up. Folders! :toot:

You still can't change the video folder of course, which is the only thing I wanted to do lol.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

In Training posted:

You still can't change the video folder of course, which is the only thing I wanted to do lol.

You also can't add stuff in your library to folders without it being installed so it's not really useful for sectioning off expired betas and poo poo.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

In Training posted:

God dammit

I guess it is intended since you have to dig through a sea of advertising icons to get to the one video app you actually use :(

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

FUUUUUUCK, I bought Toukiden on Saturday. :argh:

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

univbee posted:

You also can't add stuff in your library to folders without it being installed so it's not really useful for sectioning off expired betas and poo poo.

Wasn't there supposed to be an option in your library that shows stuff that is only installed?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Ineffiable posted:

Wasn't there supposed to be an option in your library that shows stuff that is only installed?

That's the default option currently, actually. I just have way more than 2TB worth of games.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Can anyone confirm that all of the Battlefield 4 DLC map packs are free today?

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Agrias120 posted:

FUUUUUUCK, I bought Toukiden on Saturday. :argh:

They didn't even put the Vita version on sale :lol:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

barren_sky posted:

There are some that I already grabbed, but there are three addons of some sort that I didn't grab before that are showing free today

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/battlefield-4/cid=UP0006-CUSA00110_00-BATTLEFIELD40000%3AADD-ONS%7C%7Cprice~asc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

barren_sky posted:

Yep

• Locked thread