Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Ace Attorney 6 came out this week and SMT4 Apocalypse comes out on the 20th. November seems like the distant future right now at least as far as game releases are concerned.

(Anything to get my mind off this election cycle is most welcomed as far as I'm concerned.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Hillary could have picked a better day to drop dead, this timing of all this is just lousy.

Getting sick is always bad luck, sometimes it's just worse luck. I'm just glad it's nothing too serious.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Evil Fluffy posted:

Of the things Trump needs, making GBS threads on a woman for having hot flashes isn't one of them considering how badly he's already doing with women across the board.

If we're lucky Trump will bring this up at the debate and Clinton will just lay down some facts of life for him right then and there.

I'm glad that she collapsed for an actual medical reason, and not just "old-lady-itis" as some people were speculating

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Mr Interweb posted:

What I mean is, why don't they just lie about it? Or use more loaded polling questions?

My guess is they get better responses to legitimate polls than push polls. Plus, they control the release of the polling information, so they can spin the results any way they want. For example, in this poll:

Breitbart posted:

One of the concerns with polling in the 2016 cycle is the suspicion that polls are underreporting the strength of the Trump vote, because voters are reacting to social pressures against Trump.

The Breitbart/Gravis poll asked if voters knew individuals personally planning to vote for Trump, but would not say so publicly. Thirty-five percent of likely voters responded: Yes and 41 percent said: No.

Only 26 percent of likely voters said they knew someone personally, who was voting for Clinton, but afraid to say so in public.

I don't think that's a legitimate question to ask, regardless of how it's phrased. Even so, by gathering that information - even if they asked it as neutrally as possible - they can push the narrative that Trump's support is underrepresented in the polls.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Lightning Knight posted:

I was taught that historically Indiana is just bizarrely racist, even for the norm. Like apparently at one point they had the largest number of KKK members in the nation or some such.

I don't live there so I don't know exactly why for sure. But having driven through the empty void that is Indiana many times, I suspect the answer is, because it's rural and white as all hell.

It's not, though that's true about the KKK stuff historically and there are areas of Indiana that are very racist still, but they're seen poorly by everywhere else (usually when they treat minority high school athletes poorly in games they host, because Indiana and high school sports).

People in Indiana are less poo poo than in most other red states tbh. They are just insular and most rarely see minorities on a day to day basis, and the state Republican party traditionally is more restrained than most in how much it strangles the state government, so enough of the state's residents don't see any downside to voting Republican. I mean this is the same state that broke for Obama eight years ago, so it is not a case of Indiana being deep-blood-red.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

King of Solomon posted:

My guess is they get better responses to legitimate polls than push polls. Plus, they control the release of the polling information, so they can spin the results any way they want. For example, in this poll:

I don't think that's a legitimate question to ask, regardless of how it's phrased. Even so, by gathering that information - even if they asked it as neutrally as possible - they can push the narrative that Trump's support is underrepresented in the polls.

this has been a narrative since 2008

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Out of all the times, out of all the elections, this is the ONE election where the fate of the country basically rests on Hillary not dying in the next couple of months. holy cow.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

The Rokstar posted:

Ace Attorney 6 came out this week and SMT4 Apocalypse comes out on the 20th. November seems like the distant future right now at least as far as game releases are concerned.

(Anything to get my mind off this election cycle is most welcomed as far as I'm concerned.)

SMT4A is a preview of the end result of this election cycle
now which candidate is law and which candidate is chaos

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Jazerus posted:

It's not, though that's true about the KKK stuff historically and there are areas of Indiana that are very racist still, but they're seen poorly by everywhere else (usually when they treat minority high school athletes poorly in games they host, because Indiana and high school sports).

People in Indiana are less poo poo than in most other red states tbh. They are just insular and most rarely see minorities on a day to day basis, and the state Republican party traditionally is more restrained than most in how much it strangles the state government, so enough of the state's residents don't see any downside to voting Republican. I mean this is the same state that broke for Obama eight years ago, so it is not a case of Indiana being deep-blood-red.

Interesting. That makes sense. Thanks!

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Wait so people are saying that the Hillary Is Terribly Unhealthy truthers, the people who for months have been editing together fake-as-poo poo videos in order to claim that she's suffering from seizures all the time, are justified because she has recently caught pneumonia?

Pneumonia, that easily-curable illness that is... not known for causing seizures?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Mel Mudkiper posted:

this has been a narrative since 2008

I'm pretty sure that narrative has been around for far longer than 8 years.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Mel Mudkiper posted:

If you want to play a bad final fantasy so badly there are like three FFXIII games to hold you over

You said bad but then you said three okay games? Did you mean XII? There's only one of those though. Thank God.

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FairGame posted:

This is literally not true.

You get to 269 votes if Trump takes NV/IA/NC/OH/FL/NH

All of which are within like 2-3 points given current polling.

Which doesn't really change "the dude needs to move the polls like 4 points and pick off every loving swing state" difficult math, but there's absolutely a scenario where Clinton wins MI/WI/CO and still loses.

All the recent Colorado polls have her ahead 10-14 points so it's really a safe blue state at this point. The cultural and demographic shifts in the last few years have been huge here, CO will go blue. As long as she doesn't lose PA (also up by 8-5 points in all recent polls) we'll have a Democratic president. Once PA goes blue on election night, start celebrating. Especially if when picks up VA/MI/WI.

Worst case:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Zeno-25 posted:

All the recent Colorado polls have her ahead 10-14 points so it's really a safe blue state at this point. The cultural and demographic shifts in the last few years have been huge here, CO will go blue. As long as she doesn't lose PA (also up by 8-5 points in all recent polls) we'll have a Democratic president. Once PA goes blue on election night, start celebrating. Especially if when picks up VA/MI/WI.

Worst case:

To be fair, if WI, MI, and NV go red, Flordia will too

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Donnell Trump Will Be President Forever

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Mister Adequate posted:

You said bad but then you said three okay games? Did you mean XII? There's only one of those though. Thank God.

XII is good and XIII is bad sorry about you being wrong

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

The Rokstar posted:

Woah there a new smt game coming out, I had no idea

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I made it through the Bush years, I can make it through Trump.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
If this gets Donald trump elected, it will be easily the worst 9/11 in history.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

nachos posted:

Woah there a new smt game coming out, I had no idea

SMT needs to quit making so many handhelds

I am not playing my Yahweh murder games on a loving handheld

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Freakazoid_ posted:

Congratulations on being white

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Freakazoid_ posted:

I think if you describe 2008 America as having "made it through" you are being generous

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

QuarkJets posted:

Wait so people are saying that the Hillary Is Terribly Unhealthy truthers, the people who for months have been editing together fake-as-poo poo videos in order to claim that she's suffering from seizures all the time, are justified because she has recently caught pneumonia?

Pneumonia, that easily-curable illness that is... not known for causing seizures?

No, the people who were commenting on the phlegm video and this morning's video, suggesting that those implied Clinton was in poor health, were proven right.

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mel Mudkiper posted:

To be fair, if WI, MI, and NV go red, Flordia will too
What had in mind with that map was Trump winning over the working class white vote by apocalyptic margins in rust belt states but also showing that other states and their different demographics could still win it for Clinton. But yeah, if MI goes red then I agree in all likelihood it's going to be a very bad night for Dems.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

No, the people who were commenting on the phlegm video and this morning's video, suggesting that those implied Clinton was in poor health, were proven right.

"In poor health" is a term usually used to refer to chronic ongoing illnesses. You can argue back and forth over it but nobody goes "Man, John is out sick today, he must be in poor health." Nobody who is saying "Clinton is in poor health" means anything but "She's in poor ongoing health."

That is why this is even a thing because "Hillary Clinton is sick" is not worth commenting on otherwise.

lfield
May 10, 2008
Trump won't be president even if Hillary dies right now. Unless whatever kills her also kills every other democrat with any sort of name recognition at all.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

Mel Mudkiper posted:

XII is good and XIII is bad sorry about you being wrong

You're both wrong. XII is the best, but XIII isn't bad at all. I mean, it's not like XIII is VIII or anything. Or VII cause I'm one of those weird youngish people that don't have nostalgia for VII and thus can't figure out why everyone looooves this kinda lovely game.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

alpha_destroy posted:

You're both wrong. XII is the best, but XIII isn't bad at all. I mean, it's not like XIII is VIII or anything. Or VII cause I'm one of those weird youngish people that don't have nostalgia for VII and thus can't figure out why everyone looooves this kinda lovely game.

Thank you for bringing a sane opinion to this thread. XII>IX>XIII>VIII>VII>X

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Thank you for bringing a sane opinion to this thread. XII>IX>XIII>VIII>VII>X

alpha_destroy posted:

you can tell the frauds when their FF rankings don't list VI and earlier

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Mel Mudkiper posted:

you can tell the frauds when their FF rankings don't list VI and earlier

I assumed we were just discussing the 3D ones since the series has changed pretty heavily since the transition. But even if we include 2D the best(Tactics) is still post-VI. :colbert:

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Zeno-25 posted:

Worst case:

Sorry, no they don't. That is an absolute lie. The latest Colorado polls do not have her up anywhere near 10 to 14 points.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
The best Final Fantasy is actually Dragon Quest.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 206 days!
I have a feeling Clinton having to leave at the 9/11 memorial is a non-story precisely because literally everyone has suffered heatstroke at some point.

If she wasn't okay on camera an hour later, that footage of her leaving would be brutal. But she was, so it's something even us young-ish guys have experienced a few times.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Hillary didn't have a stock of remedies prepared, even though she wasn't equipped with ribbon to be immune to status effects. Can we really trust a newb like this to be President?

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I assumed we were just discussing the 3D ones since the series has changed pretty heavily since the transition. But even if we include 2D the best(Tactics) is still post-VI. :colbert:

Hell yes FFT is the best and Ramza is my man.

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CelestialScribe posted:

Sorry, no they don't. That is an absolute lie. The latest Colorado polls do not have her up anywhere near 10 to 14 points.

lol put up or shut up

e: and still shut up if you're talking about the most recent poll with a sample size of 500

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Zeno-25 posted:

lol put up or shut up

e: and still shut up if you're talking about the most recent poll with a sample size of 500

Hi, I see you have not met CelestrialScribe yet

This is kind of his "thing"

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

CelestialScribe posted:

Post the polls. Actually post in the Toxx thread before you do, you coward.

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Post the polls. Actually post in the Toxx thread before you do, you coward.

Literally posted the last five Colorado polls one or two pages ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 206 days!

Inferior Third Season posted:

Hillary didn't have a stock of remedies prepared, even though she wasn't equipped with ribbon to be immune to status effects. Can we really trust a newb like this to be President?

I thought all Presidents and candidates were required to equip a Ribbon! What is the Secret Service doing??? :ohdear:

• Locked thread