Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer

k-zed posted:

i especially like the middle one with the roof. what camera did you use?

Pentacon Six with CZJ Biometar 80mm f/2.8. Went all East German.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Primo Itch
Nov 4, 2006
I confessed a horrible secret for this account!

Doctor Bombadil posted:

Pentacon Six with CZJ Biometar 80mm f/2.8. Went all East German.

Great lenses, motherfucking piece of poo poo camera (mine, at least). Makes for a nice decoration/conversation piece thought (Why is that camera so loving huge?)

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited
Which one of you goons was carrying a big Fuji rangefinder around PAX today?

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

Yond Cassius posted:

Which one of you goons was carrying a big Fuji rangefinder around PAX today?

I went to a gas station with mine. It was in north Seattle though, I wouldn't be caught dead at PAX.

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Primo Itch posted:

Great lenses, motherfucking piece of poo poo camera (mine, at least). Makes for a nice decoration/conversation piece thought (Why is that camera so loving huge?)

While P6's quality control was indeed lacking, mine is working perfectly and I do not have any issues with it (except probably very minor flaring during long exposures when light source is in the frame). The only thing I could wish for that P6 doesn't have is removable film cartridge.

And, seriously, most of the problems attributed to P6 are the result of those cameras being old, unused and uncared for. After CLA the are workhorses.

As for the size, it's average for 6x6 SLR.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

luchadornado fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Sep 4, 2016

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer

The Claptain fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Sep 6, 2016

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

^ Your frame edge is showing

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
The face of a guy who cant load film properly (or expose properly, depending on how you look at it)

This guy sucks

Awkward Davies fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jan 20, 2018

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
a boring rear end tree pic

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Thoogsby posted:

I didn't like this photo at first and now I really like it. I think it reminds me of something, it has a homely WW2 era feel to it.

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer

ansel autisms posted:

^ Your frame edge is showing

Fixed, thanks.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Thoogsby posted:

Looks like you focused on the grass way upfront, leaving the tree out of focus

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Girlfriend and I took a round trip road trip between SF and LA a few weeks ago and did some exploring into empty central CA.

AK

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Still scanning and editing bad photos sorry

Another friend portrait gone only ok:

Russ

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Manarola by alkanphel, on Flickr

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

e: sorry for shopping shitpost

Sludge Tank fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Sep 11, 2016

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer
A Tree and a Fence

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Hah, I know him. Hi rijard.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Awkward Davies posted:

Hah, I know him. Hi rijard.

hahaha dope, Rijard is great!

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Untitled

Awkward Davies fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Jan 20, 2018

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Pretty annoyed at myself for missing the metering on this shot (and the whole rest of the roll). Metering on the fly with a hand meter (aka my phone) is hard as gently caress. I need a camera with a godamn light meter on it.

img253.jpg

Awkward Davies fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Jan 20, 2018

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Awkward Davies posted:

Pretty annoyed at myself for missing the metering on this shot (and the whole rest of the roll). Metering on the fly with a hand meter (aka my phone) is hard as gently caress. I need a camera with a godamn light meter on it.

img253.jpg by spike mccue, on Flickr

https://www.ebay.com/itm/162198632397

:mrgw:

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Yeah I gotta do that.

It's more that I suck at doing the mental work of "super dark and super light in the same image, okay, what should I be metering for, cause if I meter for this...etc etc". Basically I'm bad at photography 101.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

A simple incident meter is a good buy - would have worked wonders in a scene like that. Not as accurate for every situation as a spot meter but once you know how to use one they're dope, I use mine for everything but distant night scenes.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

Awkward Davies posted:

Yeah I gotta do that.

It's more that I suck at doing the mental work of "super dark and super light in the same image, okay, what should I be metering for, cause if I meter for this...etc etc". Basically I'm bad at photography 101.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Excellent-Voigtlander-VC-Meter-II-BLACK-from-Japan-123657-/331944160215?hash=item4d4969ebd7:g:5ygAAOSwgZ1XtX0V

Is also a good choice.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Why are lightmeters seemingly so expensive ? You'd think it would be pretty easy to build with modern electronics.

daspope
Sep 20, 2006

I use my Olympus XA as my meter for everything other then night or flash. Keep in mind I usually only shoot Portra 400, so I can get by with a good margin of error.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
Mostly because they can and they know people will pay it. If they priced light meters at only slightly above manufacturing cost, they'd make hardly any money at all because the market for them too small. Same goes for many other photo accessories.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

I use an earlier version of this:
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/435535-REG/Sekonic_401_399_L_398A_Studio_Deluxe_III.html

What I want is one of these:
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1219217-REG/sekonic_401_307_l_308s_u_flashmate_light_meter.html

But ain't seen one for a good price in Canada

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

This is a reflective meter right? I've been looking at using this specific one for some of my old rangefinders, but I don't know how important having an incident meter like the one cyberpunk goose posted is.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

They're very different methods of metering.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gossen-Digisix-Light-Meter-MINT-/302069081610

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
This is what I use but it's only good for reflected light not spot metering (also, 'good' is a relative term here).

Leningrad 2 Lightmeter by Iain Compton, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I use Sekonic Multi Leader:

Reflective metering only, unfortunately. Accuracy is spot on after all the years, which is a bit surprising, it being a selenium meter.