Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
I remember one of the SC2 GSLs was playing Gangnam Style before it got famous and nerd circles (ie. teamliquid) were going nuts about it. I thought it was just a meme or something :shobon: (I guess it ended up being one, just on a grander scale)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Doublelift re: prizepool just now on stream: "Short answer, its a joke. You notice how Riot never even mentions the prize pool? Its because they know its a joke. Did you know that NA LCS MVP Bjergsen & Rookie of the Split Biofrost got prize money with their rewards? Yea Riot didnt say anything when they got the award because the amounts were a joke."

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
https://mobile.twitter.com/TSMReginald/status/775095322229878784

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

daaaaaaaaaaammnnn

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Jerkface posted:

Doublelift re: prizepool just now on stream: "Short answer, its a joke. You notice how Riot never even mentions the prize pool? Its because they know its a joke. Did you know that NA LCS MVP Bjergsen & Rookie of the Split Biofrost got prize money with their rewards? Yea Riot didnt say anything when they got the award because the amounts were a joke."

Is it really still 2 million, I thought they were going to do a big announcement on how the prize pool was going to not laughable this year

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://mobile.twitter.com/RiotDeficio/status/775182690953736192

oh god no :stonk:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i am pretty sure he should be buying ohmwrecker instead of RG honestly

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

weelp

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Hearthstone streams play 19 straight ads in a row for geico featuring TSM so they're probably making more money from that than whatever.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Wow i just checked impacts kr account and all hes been playing is zzrot nasus and he's appears to be duo queuing with a guy whos just playing udyr every singe game.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Doublelift just had the most insane game to end his stream. He got bot with the Splyce support and they won a game with like 90 kills in 30 minutes or some poo poo.

Edit: Bjergsen / Rush / Aphromoo game right now vs Ever's jungler and Veritas. Bjerg & Aphro making GBS threads on them

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Sep 12, 2016

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I said this last year but nobody expected China to totally collapse and EU to make it to Quarter's twice. The competition is much tighter this year so I hope we see a lot of cheese.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Hey now, exactly one person predicted it, and won championship riven. :v:

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
And that guy already had the skin lmao

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
https://clips.twitch.tv/tsm_bjergsen/StormyCoyoteShadyLulu

looool that twitch

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Group stage schedule is up: http://www.lolesports.com/en_US/worlds/world_championship_2016/schedule/default

Looks like they're continuing spreading out games from all 4 groups during the first half and then finishing one group per day in the second half.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Savage Cracker posted:

Group stage schedule is up: http://www.lolesports.com/en_US/worlds/world_championship_2016/schedule/default

Looks like they're continuing spreading out games from all 4 groups during the first half and then finishing one group per day in the second half.

I actually totally forgot that it was in NA this year. It will be nice having it on a schedule that's fairly easy to watch for Americans.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
So TSM vs RNG is their hardest match up right? Should be a big game, looking forward to it.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
If you look carefully at the Day 5-8 schedule you will notice that none of the teams that are ostensible favorites in their groups have to play two consecutive games.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Libertine posted:

If you look carefully at the Day 5-8 schedule you will notice that none of the teams that are ostensible favorites in their groups have to play two consecutive games.

THE FIX IS IN

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Libertine posted:

Haha.

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

Powercrazy posted:

So TSM vs RNG is their hardest match up right? Should be a big game, looking forward to it.

Vs Samsung probably. RNG looked like absolute trash in the LPL finals, EDG caved their heads in. They could get in gear but I'll believe it when I see it.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

IXIX posted:

Vs Samsung probably. RNG looked like absolute trash in the LPL finals, EDG caved their heads in. They could get in gear but I'll believe it when I see it.

Everyone is going to look like trash playing against EDG because they are going to win this tournament.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

RNG has the potential to be the absolute best team in the world. they very rarely play up to that potential.

also getting wrecked by EDG doesn't mean much, although i do recall that whenever a team loses both teams are bad but one is just more bad, so under those circumstances i can understand why losing to a really good team would actually be a bad omen for both teams

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Just putting out some games I am excited to catch:

Day 1: CLG vs G2 , Splyce vs Samsung, TSM vs RNG, H2K vs AHQ
Day 2: SKT vs C9, TSM vs Samsung, Splyce vs RNG
Day 3: ROX vs G2, FW vs C9, Splyce vs TSM, RNG vs Samsung
Day 4: EDG vs H2K, CLG vs ROX, SKT vs FW

The Day 5 through 8 matches are all gonna be cool depending on the standings so no real comment since its group by group

Love that observation on the back2back games. But its not really much of a conspiracy. The worst 2 seeded teams in each group get the back to back games.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Libertine posted:

There was something similar to this last year iirc

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Jerkface posted:

But its not really much of a conspiracy. The worst 2 seeded teams in each group get the back to back games.

It is when you consider there's no objective way to rank the 2 seeds when they are coming from a different region.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Libertine posted:

It is when you consider there's no objective way to rank the 2 seeds when they are coming from a different region.

?? it is completely objective, if any of these teams didn't want to play back to back they should have considered qualifying higher / not being in poo poo region EU

Group A: Albus Dumbledoge & CLG play back to back because they are a wild card team and a non 1st place team. This is the only group where you can contend a kind of conspiratorial angle because G2 and CLG are both '2 seeds' but G2 won their region. Thats a good tie breaker!
Group C: INTZ & H2K play back to back because one is a wild card and EU hosed up and wasn't a major region because of MSI so their 2 seed is equal to a 3 seed
Group D: Splyce & Samsung, both third seed teams
Group B: C9 & Imay are both 3 seeds

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Sep 12, 2016

stump collector
May 28, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

RNG has the potential to be the absolute best team in the world. they very rarely play up to that potential.

also getting wrecked by EDG doesn't mean much, although i do recall that whenever a team loses both teams are bad but one is just more bad, so under those circumstances i can understand why losing to a really good team would actually be a bad omen for both teams

you see everyone bad but you are worse hehe

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
I think if TSM beats RNG on day 1 they should be able to ride that momentum to finals. If not, they'll probably won't make it out of groups and it will be a very sad episode of TSM Legends

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Jerkface posted:

?? it is completely objective, if any of these teams didn't want to play back to back they should have considered qualifying higher / not being in poo poo region EU

Group A: Albus Dumbledoge & CLG play back to back because they are a wild card team and a non 1st place team. This is the only group where you can contend a kind of conspiratorial angle because G2 and CLG are both '2 seeds' but G2 won their region. Thats a good tie breaker!
Group C: INTZ & H2K play back to back because one is a wild card and EU hosed up and wasn't a major region because of MSI so their 2 seed is equal to a 3 seed
Group D: Splyce & Samsung, both third seed teams
Group B: C9 & Imay are both 3 seeds

I think the jokingly made point was that if hypothetically seed 3 of region a was better than seed 1 of region b it would highlight why giving disadvantages to teams based on seeds was unfair. Not every team in region a can be the first seed but because they haven't been competing against other regions there's no realistic way to draw reasonable conclusions about their strength relative to other teams not in their normal split.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Ronald News Guide isn't that good even and are known to be cheesers. TSM will teach them respect. And samsung? Folks come on. They should call that team Samsung Brown.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Work Friend Keven posted:

Ronald News Guide isn't that good even and are known to be cheesers. TSM will teach them respect. And samsung? Folks come on. They should call that team Samsung Brown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXZ4-6dm3co

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

that's right, that's the official theme of BUNG, the hands down best player at worlds and second best player in league history

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Libertine posted:

Everyone is going to look like trash playing against EDG because they are going to win this tournament.

Boy we hear this every year :allears:

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Asema posted:

Boy we hear this every year :allears:

No stake it in, I'm not trying to put any regional pride or anything, and I've watched way more NA/EU/KR than CN this year; however it is a very much different meta this year. If any year is going to be China's year this it it. The way the game has been designed plays very well to the strengths of their best teams and if they don't win it this year I will be very surprised. All of the other regions top teams look very mortal as well.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

EDG is going to smash heads this year imo.

I think the actual finals is up in the air but they're almost certainly getting there.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

That said if you look at my posts at this time last year I was confidently predicting LGD domination so

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

people like to talk poo poo about all of that but also unironically state that skt holds back until playoffs. so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Kassadin will make an appearance

• Locked thread