Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Chris James 2 posted:

Omg Nikki's tied

Becky is actually never winning a belt, is she

Oh no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Chris James 2 posted:

Omg Nikki's tied

Becky is actually never winning a belt, is she

Those odds were officially too beautiful to live, huh? :sigh:

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

achillesforever6 posted:

That or Bryan politicking for his sister-in-law to win

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Uh he's the General Manager, he doesn't need to politic, he has all the power!

Unless someone has a belt, then they have the power.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It was never going to be anything but what Vince decided 10 minutes before and probably during the show while munching a steak wrap. We just have more insight into his changes by the minute nowadays.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

sticklefifer posted:

It was never going to be anything but what Vince decided 10 minutes before and probably during the show while munching a steak wrap. We just have more insight into his changes by the minute nowadays.
That and he probably just saw the ratings from Tuesday and panicked

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Paddy Power are probably regretting closing the book on the womens match.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?
Doing this again in the Spoilers thread because it concerns LU Season 3 taping stuff...

StarkRavingMad, iirc, you said Catrina and Ivelisse fought at UL3 over some amulet or something, right? I assume the Amulet Piedra Immortal we saw on LU this week is that amulet?

That, plus the Benefactor's Dr. Claw glove possibly being the Gauntlet fought over at UL3 makes me wonder if the Gauntlet is some kind of "opposite number" to the Amulet, and if the Gauntlet confers some kind of similar power to its wearer...

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Doing this again in the Spoilers thread because it concerns LU Season 3 taping stuff...

StarkRavingMad, iirc, you said Catrina and Ivelisse fought at UL3 over some amulet or something, right? I assume the Amulet Piedra Immortal we saw on LU this week is that amulet?

That, plus the Benefactor's Dr. Claw glove possibly being the Gauntlet fought over at UL3 makes me wonder if the Gauntlet is some kind of "opposite number" to the Amulet, and if the Gauntlet confers some kind of similar power to its wearer...

I think they just fought, I don't really remember an amulet being involved. There was much smashing of bottles from Dario's office. Maybe I'm forgetting something though.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

StarkRavingMad posted:

I think they just fought, I don't really remember an amulet being involved. There was much smashing of bottles from Dario's office. Maybe I'm forgetting something though.

Fair. I just thought I remembered you saying they were fighting over some thing, not just "let's you and her fight."

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

They were fighting over me

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

La Sombra turned heel and is feuding with Cedric Alexander

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

La Sombra turned heel and is feuding with Cedric Alexander

awesome

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Looks like they're doing the Dusty Classic after all, culminating at Takeover: Toronto.

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?
bobby roode and dillinger are a team :allears:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TheBestAtWrestling posted:

bobby roode and dillinger are a team :allears:

Called Perfectly Glorious

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
More taping results

quote:

Jack Gallagher def. Noam Dar in the dark match.
Samoa Joe cut a promo to open the first episode, demanding that NXT general manager William Regal strip Shinsuke Nakamura of the NXT Championship under threat of Joe injuring the rest of the roster.
Austin Aries def. Oney Lorcan and then cut a promo calling Hideo Itami out. Itami showed up and predictably, Aries bailed.
Billie Kay def. Aliyah.
Cedric Alexander def. Andrade “Cien” Almas.
William Regal announces that the 2016 Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic starts tonight! 16 teams, same as last time, and the finals will take place at NXT TakeOver: Toronto. Get hyped!
Tye Dillinger def. Angelo Dawkins.
Bobby Roode then came out to offer Dillinger his tag partnership in the Dusty. Tye accepts and it’s official, Perfectly Glorious are the first tag team entered in the 2016 Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic!
The Revival (Dash Wilder & Scott Dawson) vs. The Ealy Brothers (Gabriel & Uriel Ealy) is the first first round match of the 2016 Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic. Or at least it was supposed to be, because Joe came out and destroyed the Ealy Brothers and told Regal that he has to make a decision if he wants to beatings to end.
Ember Moon def. Mandy Rose
Authors of Pain def. Mr. 450 & Ben Dejo Cruz. Paul Ellering then says the first stage was arrival, the second stage is a plethora of pain, and that’s all we need to know.
Asuka def. Liv Morgan in short order.
Asuka is then interviewed as to who she thinks her next challenger will be, she says nobody is ready for her.
Hideo Itami def. Lince Dorado. After the match, Austin Aries runs down and blindsides Itami, but Hideo manages to fight him off.
Authors of Pain def. Bollywood Boyz in a 2016 Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic first round match.
Rich Swann def. Patrick Clark.
Peyton Royce def. Danielle Kamela. Peyton was managed by Billie Kay for this one, so they’re a unit now, presumably.
Dan Matha comes out for a match and Joe destroys him, as promised. Better make your call soon, Mr. Regal.
The Revival def. Andrade “Cien” Almas & Cedric Alexander in a 2016 Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic first round match. Andrade turned on Cedric and beat him down after, guess he’s finally feeling Ingobernable.
Sanity (Alexander Wolfe & Sawyer Fulton) def. Perfectly Glorious (Bobby Roode & Tye Dillinger) in a 2016 Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic first round match after Bobby Roode takes a walk and leaves Dillinger hanging. Wolfe & Fulton are accompanied by a third man and a woman— the man is Eric Young, their leader, and the woman is Nikki Storm!
Billie Kay def. Liv Morgan with a little bit of help from Peyton Royce.
TM-61 (Nick Miller & Shane Thorne) def. Riddick Moss & Tino Sabbatelli in a 2016 Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic first round match.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Sombra/Cedric is a feud I am 100% down with

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Benne posted:

More taping results

Taping ended with a tease of Blake vs. Murphy finally but Joe came out and murdered both. Demanded Regal to give him either Nakamura or his title. Nakamura came out in a neckbrace, ripped it off, brawled all over the arena with Joe and then KO'd him with a Kinshasa.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
i hope an actual tag-team win this dusty classic.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Seams posted:

It's gotta be Revival and DIY in the finals, right? With Regal doing the Triple H gimmick from the CWC and declaring it's for the trophy AND the belts? Unless the latter pair lose to... the Authors? Sanity? And that sets off Ciampa's heel turn?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Seams posted:

Everyone left is a tag team (Revival, Authors of Pain, TM61, Sanity), so good news!

Since they're the only face team left, seems clear that TM61 is winning and getting a shot at the Revival as a result. Unless the Revival get eliminated in the semis after Ciampa and Gargano get involved and then DIY wins the rematch at Takeover, then I guess one of the other two heel teams could win.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It was a 16 team bracket last year. Did they show a graphic in the building to show it was only 8? There's a month of TV to go and last year they did the semis and finals on the special, so are they just going to leave it hanging for a month?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Was told Roderick Strong and someone else is in the Dusty.

I believe that someone is Austin Aries.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Grozz Nuy posted:

Everyone left is a tag team (Revival, Authors of Pain, TM61, Sanity), so good news!

Since they're the only face team left, seems clear that TM61 is winning and getting a shot at the Revival as a result. Unless the Revival get eliminated in the semis after Ciampa and Gargano get involved and then DIY wins the rematch at Takeover, then I guess one of the other two heel teams could win.

Gaz-L posted:

It was a 16 team bracket last year. Did they show a graphic in the building to show it was only 8? There's a month of TV to go and last year they did the semis and finals on the special, so are they just going to leave it hanging for a month?

They didn't show a bracket as far as spoilers go. Wolfe, Fulton, and The Revival have been in both Dusty Classics. I wonder if Big Doz and Tucker Knight will be in the tournament has house show matches.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
if they go face team vs revival i wonder how they plan on having the authors lose.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The only way to get me to boo Bobby Roode is to have him be mean to Tye Dillinger so good job NXT

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

generation next destroying DIY in the finals will be dope as heck

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Seams posted:

if they go face team vs revival i wonder how they plan on having the authors lose.

Double DQ brawl with Sanity?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Was it really 16 teams last year? I thought it was 8, I didn't remember there even being enough people in NXT back then to fill out a bracket that large.

rovert posted:

Was told Roderick Strong and someone else is in the Dusty.

I believe that someone is Austin Aries.

That would make sense, they teamed for years back in ROH. That would also mean that Roddy's coming into NXT as a heel, which is good news.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Grozz Nuy posted:

Was it really 16 teams last year? I thought it was 8, I didn't remember there even being enough people in NXT back then to fill out a bracket that large.

That would make sense, they teamed for years back in ROH. That would also mean that Roddy's coming into NXT as a heel, which is good news.

about half the Dusty classic is on the main roster now, plus a few guys who left: Enzo and Cass, American Alpha, Corbin & Rhyno (what a team), Vaudevillains, Neville and Solomon Crowe, the Ascension, Tyler Breeze and Bull Dempsey, the Hype Bros, Lucha Dragons, plus Finn

then you got your NXT mid/top card guys - Joe, The Revival, Blake & Murphy, Gargano & Ciampa

then the last 3 teams were NXT jobbers

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Wonder if Asuka is going to drop the title to Ember Moon at the next Takeover event. Ember is logically the next person Asuka should face. But its WWE, so who knows.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
In hindsight, it's really loving weird that Corbin/Rhyno made the final round.

At least Joe/Finn winning last year made storyline sense, since they just went "hey we're the best wrestlers on this show, let's team up and win that trophy. Also, you owe me one for this Finn, hint hint wink wink I keep slapping your belt which is totally subtle."

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it's not weird when you look at the push corbin has continued to get

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Corbin/Rhino and Joe/Balor both led to feuds which makes the tournament feel so silly.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Makes sense. Last year's winners were Finn and Joe, who of course went on to feud

Thrown together teams rarely end well

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

DarkstarIV posted:

Wonder if Asuka is going to drop the title to Ember Moon at the next Takeover event. Ember is logically the next person Asuka should face. But its WWE, so who knows.

There's such a gaping hole in their women's division right now since Bayley left. It's probably too soon for Ember Moon to challenge and the only way I could see anyone posing a challenge to Asuka is if the Aussie girls cheat Asuka out of it. Although that's not the worst idea ever, especially since Asuka's matches with Dana and Emma were pretty much that and really entertaining.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Ember Moon is so amazing. Rovert hasn't been this right about someone I've never heard of since Chad Gable.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I still think the gimmick is a little too high-concept for someone who's supposed to be a future main roster star, but cool music and a cool finisher will get you far in WWE. I have high hopes for Ember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I wonder how much of Corbin being a HHH pet project is predicated upon being a fellow Motorhead fan.