Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Bip Roberts posted:

What's more likely is that they'll go along with Trump on his few pet issues (the wall, banning muslims) and he'll cede governance of everything else to Pence and/or the Heritage institute (who he already used to chose supreme court nominees for him).

Then the whole country could turn out like Kentucky and Louisiana! Any day now, a liberal paradise will emerge from their ashes. I can't wait!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NathanScottPhillips
Jul 23, 2009

Augus posted:

Obviously this dumbass fantasy of yours will definitely happen and is totally worth the possibility that a ton of brown people are murdered

God you are just literally the worst.
Why are brown people being murdered? If I have to support my claims that Debbie Wasserman-Schultz was part of a conspiracy, you have to support your claims that Trump getting elected equals brown people getting killed (moreso than already are).

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Why is it that every time, every time accelerationists demand something terrible happen for the Eventual Greater Good(tm), it's always, without fail, minorities who will end up taking the fallout?

NathanScottPhillips
Jul 23, 2009

NewMars posted:

Why is it that every time, every time accelerationists demand something terrible happen for the Eventual Greater Good(tm), it's always, without fail, minorities who will end up taking the fallout?
Because minorities take the fall for everything all the time.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

NathanScottPhillips posted:

What do they have to lose? Vote for Trump.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Why are brown people being murdered? If I have to support my claims that Debbie Wasserman-Schultz was part of a conspiracy, you have to support your claims that Trump getting elected equals brown people getting killed (moreso than already are).

Deporting 11 million people would directly leads to at least thousands and thousands dying, at an absolute bare minimum.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

http://bfy.tw/7eaG

Oh also he said we should go back to the Middle East and steal their oil

Very strangely, willfully making them take the fall for more things doesn't help

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
So yeah my black rear end is going to vote for Clinton and a liberal court. I'd like for the VRA to not get even more gutted, and LGBTQ people to still be able to get married.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

sounds like youre pretty down with the status quo clown then

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Sep 12, 2016

NathanScottPhillips
Jul 23, 2009

Lemming posted:

Deporting 11 million people would directly leads to at least thousands and thousands dying, at an absolute bare minimum.
It's simply not possible to deport that many people in any reasonable time frame. For reference the Japanese internment camps caused the disruption of about 120,000 people and the population of the US was about 133 million people. Amnesty is literally the only option, that's why no action has been taken on it since, ummmmm, forever.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Dexo posted:

So yeah my black rear end is going to vote for Clinton and a liberal court. I'd like for the VRA to not get even more gutted, and LGBTQ people to still be able to get married.

I've been assured by many people in this thread that your life will be better if you vote for the guy who keeps getting sued for not renting apartments to people, with paper evidence, explicitly because they're black.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Dexo posted:

I dunno man, selling all those gay family members and Muslim friends I have down the river in the name of Changing Things!!! is starting to sound pretty reasonable to me

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

It's simply not possible to deport that many people in any reasonable time frame. For reference the Japanese internment camps caused the disruption of about 120,000 people and the population of the US was about 133 million people. Amnesty is literally the only option, that's why no action has been taken on it since, ummmmm, forever.

You're right, Trump has a long track record of his actions being constrained by practicality oh wait

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

"You should vote for the fascist clown because of my fervent belief that he doesn't believe the things he says when I disagree with them and he does believe the things he says when I do agree with them."

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

It's simply not possible to deport that many people in any reasonable time frame.

The Germans found that out too. Hmm, what was their solution to that problem?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
much like how Rand acolytes are created by someone reading The Fountainhead and entering an rear end in a top hat phase from when they never recover, i can only assume that accelerationists result from reading too many Final Fantasy villain monologues while stoned out of their mind

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Zanzibar Ham posted:

And literally everybody isn't dead right now so accelerationism must have worked, time to elect Trump

NathanScottPhillips
Jul 23, 2009

Zanzibar Ham posted:

This is literally it. You are willing to take Trump's insane rambling at face value and take for granted that he can actually do any of those things without a massive legal fight, if he literally can do those things at all as a president (he probably can't), while at the same time literal conspiracies are being uncovered and the brazenness of these lifelong politicians is getting to cartoon levels in full public view but their actions require a full investigation and Supreme Court ruling before you can disavow your political football team.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Driven to desperation for change and prosperity, The German people elected a dangerous ideologue who spurred on the popularity of white supremacy within the nation. And then no irreparable damage was done, not much happened, and then they got rid of him and the government became a perfect realization of the ideals of democracy. The End.

This is literally it. You are willing to take Trump's insane rambling at face value and take for granted that he can actually do any of those things without a massive legal fight, if he literally can do those things at all as a president (he probably can't), while at the same time literal conspiracies are being uncovered and the brazenness of these lifelong politicians is getting to cartoon levels in full public view but their actions require a full investigation and Supreme Court ruling before you can disavow your political football team.

yeah I mean what the gently caress do "Commander in Chief of the armed forces" and "expansion of executive powers" even mean anyway?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
"he wont actually be able to accomplish anything he says he wants to do" was also the last refuge of the deranged Ron Paul supporter, you know

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
what im saying, i guess, Nathan, is that you should kill youre father

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 205 days!

And you're willing to overlook the possibility that he will do his best to do what he says he will or as close as possible in order to live in a fantasy world in which he's actually the person you've projected onto him.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

He's got my vote!

NathanScottPhillips
Jul 23, 2009

Augus posted:

yeah I mean what the gently caress do "Commander in Chief of the armed forces" and "expansion of executive powers" even mean anyway?

And then he is impeached.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

"Look at how little is getting done, when the Republicans are fighting against a president they don't like! Imagine how much nothing will get done if they get to have a president they nominated for president, and then they wrote up all of his policy, except for a few extra crazy things that they all publicly support!!"

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Speaking of SCOTUS.. scalia is still dead and that's one appointment.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

What reality do you live in that you think the Republicans would ever impeach Trump for any reason? Is your accusation that Hillary must have had a stroke complete projection?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 205 days!

You think a Republican house and senate will impeach a Republican president? Seriously? Do you think we're talking about the president of Narnia? Oz? Middle Earth?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

if you're voting for someone with the idea that the best case scenario is that they get impeached before killing too many people, you are probably retarded or something.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

The emails were sent to discuss their tactics. Do you not think those same tactics would be put into action?

Did they put those tactics into action?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

lmao yeah i definitely want to go down a road that leads to mike pence as president

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

So what about Trump's horrible policies that the GOP also supports? You are deluding yourself if you think all of Trump's policies are something the party doesn't like.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Hodgepodge posted:

You think a Republican house and senate will impeach a Republican president? Seriously? Do you think we're talking about the president of Narnia? Oz? Middle Earth?

I think there's a shadowy cabal of (((globalists))) that's pulling the strings of both parties, and I simultaneously believe that Republicans will impeach a Republican president because, gosh darnit, it'll be the right thing to do.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Republicans actively opposing Trump is an outdated fantasy from the months of primaries.
Ryan, Reince and others have shown at best a moderate disapproval to the most outrageous of Trump proposals - the deal is set, they have absolutely no reason to oppose his decisions if they get complete control of the government and the Supreme Court.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Internet Kraken posted:

Hillary has bought out the entire DNC, which is why she won the nomination in 2008 instead of Obama.

A truly brilliant candidate can, occasion, drive back the Illuminati.

Unfortunately for 2016, Alternate Universe Martin O'Malley is trapped in a pentagram deep in the Baltimore Catacombs, guarded by dozens of Clintonian soultorn creatures that were once human and are now something much less, and much more.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I'm sure if we just hand all the power in the world to a bunch of crazy people they will willingly put it down for the good of mankind.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
In fantasy land where Trump wins, that poo poo head judge from Alabama would get on scotus.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Yes, because the last time that happened it did anything.

Oh, wait.

Even if he cannot do what he promises he will try and in trying hand over the highest court in the land to the right for decades. His victory would embolden the very worst of society both on the ground and in the legislature, wrecking damage at the state and local level across the country, Even in the supremely unlikely case that nothing terrible happens legislatively, the public perception will be sent in the direction of open bigotry and those at risk will suffer terribly.

NathanScottPhillips
Jul 23, 2009

Lemming posted:

What reality do you live in that you think the Republicans would ever impeach Trump for any reason? Is your accusation that Hillary must have had a stroke complete projection?
Because as people have said they have their man as VP and a huge part of the Republican electorate has gone back and forth with Trump already and have had to bite their tongue. I never accused Hillary of having a stroke, I accused her of having a traumatic brain injury, blood clot in her brain, multiple uncontrollable coughing fits on TV, and her recent loss of consciousness and diagnosis of pneumonia. I don't think I have been challenged on any of those points yet.

Ideally I would like my president to be active, healthy, and young especially. Gary Johnson is two of those things at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
"I'm sure everybody will do their best to fix the mess I helped make, so it's all good!"

• Locked thread