Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

When I first saw this for a split second I thought the dart went right into his eye socket :stonk:

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Imagine what a mean trick it would be to pretend to drop dead after that.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Panfilo posted:

When I first saw this for a split second I thought the dart went right into his eye socket :stonk:

IF it helps, it looks like it might have hit brain.

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

That would take some sang froid and some brass balls to pull that stunt off.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Posted this on the Idiots In Social Media thread, but the schadenfreude was too good not to share.
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_57d24ecee4b06a74c9f40c65

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

IF it helps, it looks like it might have hit brain.

I think the chances of that are very small.

See, that man is incredibly stupid.

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!
Dachdenfreude.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkKJ1ouPE3g

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

I like how he squints real hard. Eyelids are good at stopping darts.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Sinners Sandwich posted:

That dude is way to drunk to be on top of that.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

10 Beers posted:

Posted this on the Idiots In Social Media thread, but the schadenfreude was too good not to share.

Literally political correctness out of control.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Bip Roberts posted:

Literally political correctness out of control.

No. Literally the media ignoring their civic duty to let the attacks go. "Political correctness" has nothing to do with it.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

LOOK IN MY EYES
WHAT DO YOU SEE
I GOT THE poo poo BEAT OOOOUT OF ME

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/sep/11/florida-man-shot-dead-bulletproof-vest

See if you can guess what's under the spoiler tags:

quote:

Police said a Florida man who asked if a bulletproof vest “still worked” was fatally shot by his cousin.

A Tampa police report said 23-year-old Joaquin Mendez put on the vest late on Saturday and “wondered aloud whether it still worked”.

The report said Mendez’s cousin, 24-year-old Alexandro Garibaldi, pulled out a gun and responded: “Let’s see.”

Officers found Mendez outside the house with a gunshot wound in his chest. He died at a hospital.
According to the police report, Garibaldi initially told officers he found his wounded cousin after hearing a gunshot. However, police said a witness described Garibaldi shooting Mendez.
Police said the vest was found inside the house, having sustained a gunshot. Garibaldi was held on Sunday without bond on a manslaughter charge. Hillsborough County jail records did not show whether he had an attorney.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It’s dumb as poo poo to test it like that, but, seriously, how did they gently caress it up? Use a rifle? Shoot somewhere the vest didn’t cover? Use an empty vest? Use a vest that wasn’t bulletproof at all?

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Platystemon posted:

It’s dumb as poo poo to test it like that, but, seriously, how did they gently caress it up? Use a rifle? Shoot somewhere the vest didn’t cover? Use an empty vest? Use a vest that wasn’t bulletproof at all?

Most "bulletproof" vests aren't really proofed, they're just bullet-resistant to varying degrees. Especially the soft versions used outside of the military will usually not stand up against rifles or even beefier handgun calibres. If the guy had a something like a .44 magnum and used it at short range, the bullet might well have gone right through even though the vest was in perfect working order.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

quote:

The report said Mendez’s cousin, 24-year-old Alexandro Garibaldi, pulled out a gun and responded: “Let’s see.”

Sounds like a goddamn one liner. You sure these guys didn't just gently caress up an action scene?

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

I thought it would have been something like this.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Platystemon posted:

Since he wanted to see if it still worked, I'd guess that it was past its shelf life. Those things do expire, after all.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Platystemon posted:

Some also have inserts as the only bulletproof part, so it might've just been a vest.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Is... Is this what mental illness looks like? :ohdear:

Ninjaedit: Never mind, there was a whole new page I hadn't noticed when I quoted this. It's the LA Beast video from the previous page.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

10 Beers posted:

If this is the first step in reopening the business under a new name but by the same management, that might be a smart move. Also allows them to fire the daughter outright without feeling too bad about it.

MrSmokes posted:

LOOK IN MY EYES
WHAT DO YOU SEE
I GOT THE poo poo BEAT OOOOUT OF ME

Everybody was calling this ever since the news was announced. CM Punk is a good wrestler and performer, but UFC is an entirely different animal. That said, the real schaden will come when Punk has to beg for his WWE gig back.

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

10 Beers posted:

What is it with bedding places and insensitive advertising.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjJEUtWyeP8

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Perhaps a hamster posted:

The best/worst part of this video is the poor woman in the sweater in the immediate background who is visibly uncomfortable and as the video goes on acquires a thousand yard stare and keeps fake smile/grimacing.

uranium grass has a new favorite as of 14:50 on Sep 12, 2016

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Platystemon posted:

Should have used a helmet instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTkhRhFg0Js

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

subpar anachronism posted:

The best/worst part of this video is the poor woman in the sweater in the immediate background who is visibly uncomfortable and as the video goes on acquires a thousand yard stare and keeps fake smile/grimacing.

Yeah no couldn't make it past that point. That was so cringeworthy.

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

It's legit challenging watch. I sat through stuff like foam adventure no problem, but this took actual effort to hate watch 'til the end.

Worst of all is song gets stuck in your head, and then you keep going about your day repeating 'Wanna be a neeeen-ja' until you hate yourself.

I feel you, token Asian lady.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
e - Didn't read the post properly.

Jippa has a new favorite as of 15:51 on Sep 12, 2016

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Got to admit I laughed when she got right in the asian lady's face while bellowing "Chop chop chop chow down, take chow down to china town."

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Even among the white-bread reality-show gated-community set there's got to be some inherent shame by now in not being able to distinguish between Japanese things and Chinese things, right?

...Right?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Perhaps a hamster posted:

What.

The.

gently caress.
How can you in any context think that this is ok? Let alone good music, but just...not notice its racist as hell?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I mean for someone to compose that song they would have to be at least dimly aware of their cultural surroundings, enough so as to notice that nobody has made an "ah so, me velly solly" kind of joke or reference in public in like forty years, and yet they went right ahead and did it as though it's par for the course.

E: also I don't know what they think "behoove" means

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

I listened to the beginning a couple times and I am really confused with how being a "neenja" has anything to do with beds?

At least the 9/11 one had the twin beds / Twin Towers going for it.

It's so hard to believe people in this age of going viral for all the wrong reasons can get this far with this kind of thing. Both of these have tons of people working on them. Did no one speak up and say this might be a terrible idea? On either one?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

HungryMedusa posted:

It's so hard to believe people in this age of going viral for all the wrong reasons can get this far with this kind of thing. Both of these have tons of people working on them. Did no one speak up and say this might be a terrible idea? On either one?

We had Book Week here in Australia where kids apparently wear themed costumes to school. One kid got prior permission from a teacher to dress up as Adolf Hitler on the day that they had a bunch of students from a Jewish school visiting. Li'l Adolf was apparently judged to be one of the best costumes on the day so he got to go in the parade in front of their visitors. Apparently no one from the school realised there may have been anything slightly off about any of this until it was pointed out afterwards.
http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2016/09/09/alice-springs-student-dresses-hitler-book-week

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

We had Book Week here in Australia where kids apparently wear themed costumes to school. One kid got prior permission from a teacher to dress up as Adolf Hitler on the day that they had a bunch of students from a Jewish school visiting. Li'l Adolf was apparently judged to be one of the best costumes on the day so he got to go in the parade in front of their visitors. Apparently no one from the school realised there may have been anything slightly off about any of this until it was pointed out afterwards.
http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2016/09/09/alice-springs-student-dresses-hitler-book-week

Noted in that article as well, less than two weeks earlier a (frankly rather boring, on first read) satirical news site had a fake story of basically that same thing just with an elementary school student instead of a high school student. Seriously, the fake news article seems more realistic and less overwrought than the real one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Garrand posted:

Seriously, the fake news article seems more realistic and less overwrought than the real one.

Yeah the "Jewish students visiting from out of state" element is just :psyduck:

It's getting harder and harder to satirise the news these days.