Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I gave my dad a call, got voicemail.

I ain't gonna be celebrating Father's Day for a while :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
My dad kicked the bucket and I have an ever increasing suspicion the ex isn't going to get my kids to call..

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

What a time to be alive

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Congrats Auckland Grammar for helping secure name suppression for a guy who filmed a woman having sex without her consent. I guess they'd hate to have to scrub one of the names of their semi-successful old boys off their wall.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/83898595/Sportsman-keeps-name-suppression-after-admitting-secretly-filming-victim?cid=app-android

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Surprise not surprised that the very first word in the article is Sportsman.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Remember when Kelston Boys First XV and Auckland Grammar First XV players got suspended for a brawl in a rugby game, and the Auckland Grammar boys got a few weeks suspension and the Kelston Boys players got 18 month suspensions?

Also: NZpol: I slept well because I dreamed that I was between your naked legs

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I can't believe that piece of poo poo uses regular verbs.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/bryce_edwards/status/772911448846573568

Classic Greens

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Posted without further comment.

https://twitter.com/kellydennettnz/status/772998867734269952

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Love the idea of Jordan Williams having bad diarrhoea

Don't love that he's somehow the good guy in this case

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Vagabundo posted:

Remember when Kelston Boys First XV and Auckland Grammar First XV players got suspended for a brawl in a rugby game, and the Auckland Grammar boys got a few weeks suspension and the Kelston Boys players got 18 month suspensions?

Also: NZpol: I slept well because I dreamed that I was between your naked legs

As an ex Kelston student: good, gently caress them.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Infotainment! posted:

As an ex Kelston student: good, gently caress them.

As an ex-St Kents student, hey everyone, look at this prole.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Vagabundo posted:

As an ex-St Kents student, hey everyone, look at this prole.

Hard out

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

They lost my vote the moment Turei said she'd vote for Jill Stein if she were a US citizen.

Well, they already had prior to that, but that was a bridge too far.

El Pollo Blanco fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Sep 6, 2016

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

ban rugby imo

Bring in e-sports

Less wife-beating, more country-wide Fiber-optic.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I didn't follow Labour to the centre, I'm not following the Greens either.

But good luck chasing the dragon of economic credibility as an environmental party instead of hammering the gently caress out of the government over contaminated water supplies.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

WarpedNaba posted:

ban rugby imo

Bring in e-sports

Can't beat your wife of your nerd stink precludes marriage in the first place.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

WarpedNaba posted:

ban rugby imo

Bring in e-sports

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Infotainment! posted:

Can't beat your wife of your nerd stink precludes marriage in the first place.

Yes. Also, you might be a Markov bot.

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer

WarpedNaba posted:

ban rugby imo

Bring in e-sports

On this, did anyone notice that Sky is advertising it's e-sport broadcast as "Let's Play Live"?

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I'm not really sure where else to ask this but wheres the best place to lread/ask about holiday stuff in NZ, specifically the south island

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
When did "economically viable" become "like those borrow-shittons-and-starve-the-poor right-wing fucks?"

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

I'm not really sure where else to ask this but wheres the best place to lread/ask about holiday stuff in NZ, specifically the south island

For the South Island just drive around and avoid the Canterbury Plains and you can't really go wrong, the South Island owns. A few highlights for me were the Abel Tasman region, the West Coast, Fiordland, Aoraki/Mt Cook, and the Catlins area in the deep south. You might try the Tourism & Travel subforum in Ask & Tell for more detail.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Wafflecopper posted:

For the South Island just drive around and avoid the Canterbury Plains and you can't really go wrong, the South Island owns. A few highlights for me were the Abel Tasman region, the West Coast, Fiordland, Aoraki/Mt Cook, and the Catlins area in the deep south. You might try the Tourism & Travel subforum in Ask & Tell for more detail.

I looked on the first 3 pages and didnt see a New Zealand thread. We are gunna be in Queenstown skiing for a week (this is next July), trying to figure out what to do after that till we leave. I have friends in Riverton and a friend has family in Invercargill so we were gunna head down that way to see them. Does looking into options for going via Fiordland to Invercargill then out through the Catlins to the Dunedin airport sound not terrible? We have 4-5 spare days

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Sounds reasonable. Avoid spending much time in Invercargill though unless your peeps there are really cool or something, the place is a shithole with a weird obsession with The World's Fastest Indian starring Anthony Hopkins. It's like NZ's thing with LotR but just in Invercargill and with a movie no-one remembers.

Wafflecopper fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Sep 10, 2016

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

As someone who lives near invercargill, yeah this is pretty much true. It's not... terrible, but there's not really a lot to recommend tourists. Both Fiordland and the Catlins are amazing though, so I'd definitely recommend making the most of your spare time going through them.

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

try the LAN thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3469667&pagenumber=72&perpage=40

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
I took a visit to Dunedin earlier this year and absolutely loved it. Did all the touristy things, paid money to walk through a bunch of old houses, ate chocolate, saw a castle, was a good time.

Wife and I would seriously consider moving there if it didn't involve the death of both of our careers :v:.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

The Canterbury plains are cool to drive across in a big open country road trip kinda way. Still pretty landscapes, just kinda empty

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.
I would absolutely make my way over wanaka way, wanaka rules. Also, the west coast is neat and full of sandflies so bring deet - it's worth it though.

Edit: if you are skiing, gently caress coronet - I mean it's cool and all, but cardrona and treble cone are much better fields.

Depends on the sort of skiing though, I wouldn't bother telemarking/cross country on either but if you telemark then you probably have a good idea about where we s good anyway and don't need me telling you what to do.

klen dool fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Sep 11, 2016

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Nah I suck at skiing. Cadrona and treble are what we were thinking of doing though. The only issue now is figuring out where to stay and what exactly to do. Theres so much to see in just 1 week.

Those plains sound like Australia though and tbh I've see enough empty plains to last a lifetime. I want to see cool mountains and stuff because thats what Brisbane/East Australia doesnt have. I guess we have Kosciusko but seriously that peaks just tellytubby hill on top of a plateu.

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Hey feel free to DM me any things I lived in Dunedin for about 7 years, lived in Nelson before that.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

DOC has information on all the walks and parks and poo poo.

newtestleper
Oct 30, 2003
I personally love the west coast, all the way from fiordland up to golden bay. The stretch of road around punakaiki is my favorite. I would just do a much of that as you can, along with the glaciers.

Anomalous Blowout
Feb 13, 2006

rock
ice
storm
abyss

It makes no attempt to sound human. It is atoms and stars.

The West Coast and Otago Peninsula are my favourite parts of the country. I live in Queenstown, feel free to shoot me a PM if you have Queenstown specific questions, although fair warning, I don't ski so won't have much specialized knowledge about that side of things. :D

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
If you like free wine there are a ton of cellar doors around Otago.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

newtestleper posted:

The stretch of road around punakaiki is my favorite.

I have some bad news.
http://i.stuff.co.nz/the-press/news/west-coast/84146947/cameraman-captures-moment-major-slip-comes-down-on-west-coast-highway

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

So apparently my cousin was looking at accommodation in this trailer park out west (Auckland) for 200ish a week. She would've been sharing a 5-shower and toilet facility with 100ish people for that price. Turns out John Campbell did a piece on it:

http://www.radionz.co.nz/national/programmes/checkpoint/audio/201815831/beneficiaries-pay-hundreds-to-live-in-caravans

My cousin is on the dole btw, and had heard about this place from others on the dole.

But yeah, there's no housing problem. None at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Huh, found an apartment in Ellerslie on Trademe that's $50 a week less than what I'm doing now, and it's 10 minutes walk from work. Furnished, too.

Too good to be true. Still, gonna see if it's still up. Wish me luck!

WarpedNaba fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Sep 12, 2016

• Locked thread