Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Someone tell me why I should keep VJax on my bench.

Mike Evans is getting Patrick Peterson next week so that might be VJax's *one good game* this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
We have random weekly prop bets and this week's is most bench points. I am in position to win it and since I currently don't have a second QB, I could pick up Gabbert or Keenum. Never something I thought I would debate so I am liking these random prop bets. Thoughts?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Benne posted:

Mike Evans is getting Patrick Peterson next week so that might be VJax's *one good game* this year

this and really it depends on who youd pick up in place of him to give you a good answer

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Hand Row posted:

We have random weekly prop bets and this week's is most bench points. I am in position to win it and since I currently don't have a second QB, I could pick up Gabbert or Keenum. Never something I thought I would debate so I am liking these random prop bets. Thoughts?

Don't pick up either so there's no chance you end up with a -2 from either of them. :roflolmao:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
no way in goddamn hell the 49ers do enough to give Keenum a negative

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Rumors of Larry Fitzgerald's demise have been greatly exaggerated

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Never underestimate Palmer2Fitz y'all.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Benne posted:

Rumors of Larry Fitzgerald's demise have been greatly exaggerated

this and Will Fuller's performance today kept me from jumping off the ledge after Keenan Allen suffered that season ending injury.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Welp, if Carlos Hyde and Antonio Brown score 30 points or less, then I win my first week. I don't feel confident, despite the predictions being in my favor.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Forever_Peace posted:

Here's some "way too bold" predictions for this year.

1. Devonta Freeman will have fewer rushing yards this year than Ameer Abdullah.
2. At most, only a single one of the "tier 1" Running Backs in ppr (David Johnson, Gurley, Miller, and Zeke) will actually finish in the top 5.
3. Derrick Henry will have more touchdowns and a higher yards per carry than DeMarco, and will be the starter by the end of the season.
4. Thomas Rawls will gain 1,000 yards from scrimmage.
5. Jerick McKinnon will have his first 20-carry game this season.
6. Tyler Ervin (RB94) will have a better year than Javorius Allen (RB53).
7. Larry Fitzgerald is once again being underdrafted (i.e. will finish better than WR27 in ppr).
8. Keenan Allen finishes top 5 in targets.

9. Kenny Stills (Rank WR69) has a better year than DeVante Parker (Rank WR38)
10. Malcolm Mitchell (ranked WR85) will be one of the top 3 rookie receivers this year.
11. Willie Snead (ranked WR40) will finish in the top 25 among ppr WRs.
12. Zach Miller (TE18 ADP) and Charles Clay (TE 21 ADP) both finish in the top 10 among TEs. Martellus Bennett does not.
13. Matthew Stafford (QB 17 ADP) and Jay Cutler (QB 28 ADP) are the two quarterbacks that beat their draft position by the biggest margin.
14. Danny Woohead catches more passes this year than Travis Kelce.
15. Either the Jacksonville Jaguars or the Oakland Raiders finish top 10 in team rushing yards (last year: 27 and 28 respectively)

:smith:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Teemu Pokemon posted:

The only thing stopping this from happening is his health, since the last two seasons I'm fairly sure he was on pace for this in the games he actually played

welp

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I'm winning one league by 23.3 pts with no players left and my opponent has Jordan Reed and the Rams defense to go.

I'm losing another league by 18 pts where my opponent has only Chris Boswell left and I have Jordan Reed and the Rams defense to go.

Fantasy football is weird.

That second team was already not great, and it just lost Keenan Allen for the year. Awesome. I wish it wasn't the league I cared the most about. :(

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Fantasy Football 2016:

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

I wish it wasn't the league I cared the most about. :(

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
^^^ I love this Teemu even though you probably hate me along with everyone else

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Everything is awful
Everyone's the worst once you've drafted your team
Everyone's terrible, especially the TEs

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Tajae had 11 targets, 7th most in the league among WRs so far.

#Tajae2016
#MakeAmericaSharpeAgain

(AB will pass him, but he will still be top ten)

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I loving hate my team this year and I actually wanted to lose this week to get dibs on any Week 1 breakouts off the wire. I was projected to get smashed this week and now I'm sitting on 101 in standard ESPN scoring (second best in the league) with the Rams DEF still to play. Not only that, I have Charles and Eifert on my bench as well as Abdullah (17), Matthews (17) and Snead (23).

Praying for every week to be like this.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Everything is awful
Everyone's the worst once you've drafted your team
Everyone's terrible, especially the TEs

Barnidge owner, this checks out. At least my failure gets a catchy song.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
Don't worry, fellow Barnidge owners! RG3 already has a sore shoulder. It's only a matter of time until Josh McCown, Gary's BFF, takes over and we reap the the benefits... right?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I just need to fend off DeAngelo Williams tonight to scrape together a win. He needs 20 points. Yahoo .5 ppr. I'm definitely not celebrating yet.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
I'm up on my opponent by 10.59 points and he still has DeAngelo Williams to play. This is the guy who left Chris Ivory (out) in his lineup and is being propped up by Andrew Luck's 44.5 points (well and the good play of the rest of his team: Jeffery, Nelson, Moncrief, Witten, Baltimore D).

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
Aaaaand Russell Wilson has a sprained ankle. Glad I grabbed Rivers in the last round against advice to not bother with a backup QB.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Wilson finished the game, I'm sure he'll be fine to play next week.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Riven posted:

Aaaaand Russell Wilson has a sprained ankle. Glad I grabbed Rivers in the last round against advice to not bother with a backup QB.

Yeah but now who's your backup for Rivers? Time to grab a QB from the wire

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Riven posted:

If you grabbed him in the last round then he likely would have been available on the wire right now.

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
You make an excellent point.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
And you missed a chance to grab Fuller, Sharpe, Wallace, Sanu, Snead etc...

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Russell Wilson was my keeper. I kept him instead of Jamaal Charles, Sammy Watkins and Amari Cooper.

Then I remembered how Russell started the season last year. He's going to put up all the points once I'm mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Should I pick up Smith and/or Wentz to replace Prescott and/or Tanneyhill? 6 PTD

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Get the gently caress in. Devonta who?

Edelman always a joy to watch.

Is.... is that Ertz?

Colts Run Defense Dot Gif

(also Ameer owns)

Damnit Stills. :negative:

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Gobias Ind. posted:

If you grabbed him in the last round then he likely would have been available on the wire right now.

The problem manifests when other LMs decide to upgrade their QB2 at the same time and have a greater waiver priority.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Rotoviz week 1 recap pod today is called "Pick Up Tyrell Williams".

I like the cut of their jib.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Suave Fedora posted:

The problem manifests when other LMs decide to upgrade their QB2 at the same time and have a greater waiver priority.

Yeah, but how many people are likely to be looking for a QB after Week 1? And if Rivers would have been available then there would have been plenty of serviceable options on the wire.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I predicted Alex Smith being fantasy relevant.

Now I have to go back up my words and pick him up for next week when Russell doesn't play.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So who are our top waiver pickups this week?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'm up 8 in a PPR league where my opponent has AB and I have Carlos Hyde. I hate this feeling where I think I have a realistic shot of winning only to see AB put up 48 the first week.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
in other news, sammy watkins might be significantly hobbled :shepface:

https://twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN/status/775332634482409472

corn on the cop fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Sep 12, 2016

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

John Brown and Kenny Stills did a great job of destroying confidence in my bench.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

RCarr posted:

So who are our top waiver pickups this week?

I'll try to make a list on Tuesdays again this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Poonerman posted:

in other news, sammy watkins might be significantly hobbled :shepface:

https://twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN/status/775332634482409472

I have two shares of Sammy... :(

I'm gonna see if I can flip him before the news spreads. :getin:

RCarr fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Sep 12, 2016

• Locked thread