Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kashew
Feb 1, 2009
I ENJOY TALKING IN CIRCLES AND LEADING THREADS INTO POINTLESS DERAILS. DO NOT RESPOND TO MY POSTS, YOU ARE ONLY ENABLING ME TO CONTINUE BEING AN IDIOT. JUST IGNORE ME, PLEASE.
I am considering that The Underachievers might be Beastie Boys/Notorious BIG/Deltron good...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

Kashew posted:

Notorious BIG good...

Lol nah

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

^^^
If I was given those three in a "Which one doesn't belong" I'd cross them all out.

Splendor and Misery easily beats that logic album for best space concept rap album (lol) of recent days. Up there with Deltron 3030 imo. Ton of attention given to the details to make the whole album feel super space-y.

e. Also about half the length of Logic's without any real skits.

What are some good rappers/producers to study to? Preferably light on lyrics unless they're mostly unintelligible.

ThatBasqueGuy fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Sep 11, 2016

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Kashew posted:

I am considering that The Underachievers might be Beastie Boys/Notorious BIG/Deltron good...

lmao

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.

Kashew posted:

Hahaha

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
I haven't listened to their previous but my immediate impression of the new clipping. album is that it loving sucks

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/tv-shows-you-should-watch-if-you-re-a-hip-hop-fan-news.11930.html?gallery=2&image=1

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL9j29fbiDk

new brodinski thing is just around the corner. it will be life changing

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
I'm late on this, but Xavier Wulf - Project X recently came up on Spotify and since 90% of the time I'm too lazy to go anywhere else for music, I only came around to listening to it now.

While I'm not the biggest fan of Wulfs rapping as it's too monotone at points, the overall theme of this release is really really cool (if you can handle uhuehuehe Anime!?) and is a strong project. It's a cohesive album and the switch between the "story" told by the skits mixed in with Xavier's somewhat aggressive rapping is a top notch combo.

Jared Kush
Mar 4, 2015

by zen death robot
https://reddit.com/r/hiphopheads/comments/51xau1/young_thugs_revolutionary_hiphop_fashion_when_it/d7fnjfs

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
Andre 3k deserves a lot of credit for paving the way for rappers, especially Atlantans, to wear weird clothes

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
Doublepost I'm on my phone so I don't know if it's come out yet but suicideboys have a thing coming out today :911: that sounds good from what I've heard. Here's a hype song with Denzel curry https://youtu.be/WYTc9uCfVwc

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

Criminal Minded posted:

clipping. loving sucks

Brent87
Nov 7, 2009
i know I'm late but JEFFERY is really dope, GUWOP and HARAMBE top tracks for sure. The more i listen to this release the more i enjoy it.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

I should've known better than to think optimistically about an alt rap project with the loving guy from Hamilton

Bandiet
Dec 31, 2015

Criminal Minded posted:

I should've known better than to think optimistically about an alt rap project with the loving guy from Hamilton

Much pre-Hamilton clipping is good and worthwhile. The new album is so blatantly some awkward nerd poo poo that there's no way it was intended to draw in anyone but Hamilton fans.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

That sounds like the worst thing ever

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

blue squares posted:

I also think JEFFERY is incredible, if that helps

challenge: give me the most hardcore gangsta rap poo poo ever that white people never listen to and I will write 100-200 words about it after a straight-through listen

Myalasky and Joe Mafia Wu-Syndacate. Everything else, white people have heard.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I AM BRAWW posted:

I'm late on this, but Xavier Wulf - Project X recently came up on Spotify and since 90% of the time I'm too lazy to go anywhere else for music, I only came around to listening to it now.

While I'm not the biggest fan of Wulfs rapping as it's too monotone at points, the overall theme of this release is really really cool (if you can handle uhuehuehe Anime!?) and is a strong project. It's a cohesive album and the switch between the "story" told by the skits mixed in with Xavier's somewhat aggressive rapping is a top notch combo.

as a former (former? idk anymore) raider klan dude i though his rapping style really fits in with the raider klan memphis revival sound. like that straight ahead monotone reminds me a lot of stuff from dj zirk tapes and whatnot where all those kind of dudes have that same flat delivery. not that it doesn't wear occasionally but you can see the influences clearly.

also fwiw there's a bunch of randomly good vaguely anime-themed rap stuff floating around soundcloud. that black beatles song kinda reminds me of some of it, just a bunch of super happy uptempo poo poo. i mentioned him before but maxx kyo is kinda my poo poo.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Bandiet posted:

Much pre-Hamilton clipping is good and worthwhile. The new album is so blatantly some awkward nerd poo poo that there's no way it was intended to draw in anyone but Hamilton fans.

It sorta reminded me of the old El-P album Fantastic Damage, only if El-P were complete garbage on the mic and not a world-class producer

I'll check their earlier poo poo though, if it's of a much different vein. speaking of El-P and veins I'ma throw on The Cold Vein. GOAT.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Criminal Minded posted:

The Cold Vein. GOAT.

Frfr

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Why would anyone listen to bad to OK rap when there is so much good rap out there?

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

http://www.livemixtapes.com/mixtapes/40420/brodinski-the-sour-patch-kid.html

5 hours until this fire drops

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
drat errbody in the club getting tall avs

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Besson posted:

Why would anyone listen to bad to OK rap when there is so much good rap out there?

Bad rap > good rap. By far

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

Bad rap > good rap. By far

Hes right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckONNN_RO6U

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Hey thread, I need some recommendations. What's good so far this year?

Last year I was really into Kendrick, A$AP Rocky, and Vince Staples. Also I'm extremely white.

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuIB-RyAHRo

I would highly recommend loving with this if you like the "Death Grips" "sound".

fe; or even if you don't because Slump God/XXXTentacion aren't nearly as ~artsy~/niche sounding

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Disco De Soto posted:

Last year I was really into Kendrick, A$AP Rocky, and Vince Staples. Also I'm extremely white.

Chance the Rapper, Flatbush Zombies, Vince Staples again, Kendrick again, Anderson .Paak

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Disco De Soto posted:

jeffrey
pablo
bankroll mafia
new vince ep

sorry kendrick fell off and rocky hasnt dont anything but his cohort made yamborghini high one of the best songs of the year

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
Kendrick fell off? What did I miss :pwn:

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
also I love interviews with Vince Staples because as nihilistic as his music is you might expect him to discuss how it's an artistic choice to portray how awful gang life is but he's just like straight up "gently caress rap music, I hate everything"

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vince is so loving witty, definitely one of the smartest people in rap.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Vince is so loving witty, definitely one of the smartest people in rap.

oh for sure, it's just refreshing how he seems to absolutely not give a gently caress what anybody thinks about his music and just does what he feels because it is what it is to him. I could generally give a poo poo about authenticity and whatnot but he's sure as poo poo putting himself into every bit of his music.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Criminal Minded posted:

he seems to absolutely not give a gently caress

98% percent true. The other 2% is the kids :3:

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Criminal Minded posted:

Kendrick fell off? What did I miss :pwn:

Lol who said that? Kendrick's still easily the best rapper around, even if his last album was too much for some people.

And Vince's interviews are always top notch. Dude's music sometimes has a hint of his sense of humor, but it really comes across when he's talking.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i write the james joyce don't need the rolls royce is one of my favourite bars ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

👀