Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That's been announced for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Oh, well, poo poo. I didn't hear until now, though.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think they only made it a thing in the finale because they hadn't actually cast the part yet so they didn't want to commit to any description/name.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Here's your Ghost Rider.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04Ov7mkgc6k

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That's a pretty direct depiction of his comic outfit.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Woooord

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

I just binged halfway through s2 till the end of s3. Axe shotgun. Star Wars references. Can we have Lancer Hunter back please? I haven't read a single word of any Marvel/DC comic ever in my life, so this is all so exciting alongside all the movies. Are we done with inhumans now?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
He looks about as much like Robbie as you can expect a man in his thirties to look. Real test will be the helmet of course. Where's that at? :colbert:

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Did they put duct tape on a leather jacket and call it a day?

I'm sure it will look fine in the show though.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

ilifinicus posted:

I just binged halfway through s2 till the end of s3. Axe shotgun. Star Wars references. Can we have Lancer Hunter back please? I haven't read a single word of any Marvel/DC comic ever in my life, so this is all so exciting alongside all the movies. Are we done with inhumans now?

If you want to see Hunter again, he's currently popping up as Bobbi's sidekick in her Mockingbird solo series.

I do wish they drew him to look more like Nick Blood though.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

twistedmentat posted:

If you want to see Hunter again, he's currently popping up as Bobbi's sidekick in her Mockingbird solo series.

If Mockingbird is drawn based off Adrianne Palicki, I'd say he's about 9 inches too tall.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

twistedmentat posted:

Wait, that was loving Hunter? I was entirely expecting someone blonde and shorter and thought he was just some rando spy the entire time.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Wait, that was loving Hunter? I was entirely expecting someone blonde and shorter and thought he was just some rando spy the entire time.

Yea, its very clearly Hunter.

The comic is really good, but I can't help but believe that The Most Wanted series would have been Bobbi rescuing Hunter every episode.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Who doesn't like a good corgi butt tho :woof:

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, its very clearly Hunter.

The comic is really good, but I can't help but believe that The Most Wanted series would have been Bobbi rescuing Hunter every episode.

:eyepop:

Rescuing him from what? Are you sure he even wants to be rescued? Did he use the safeword?

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Anywho, apparently they're jumping right into things based on the title of the first episode.
The Ghost

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Good news, it looks like AoS has hit syndication. The local unaffiliated station (KRON 4 in the SF bay area) is starting to air the series from s1e1 later this month.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

New promo with more Ghost Rider.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ1PeVAGkdM

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Somehow Fitz comes out of that looking the most badass.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The skull looks a bit too CGI but with it being its own light source it probably looks better in motion.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

It also looks like a bobble-head. Skull is way to large for the body.

It's either that or Pat Sajak is Ghost Rider.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

flosofl posted:

It also looks like a bobble-head. Skull is way to large for the body.

It's either that or Pat Sajak is Ghost Rider.

That particular Ghost Rider actually gets like a skull-ized helmet in the comics. But that doesn't seem to be the case here.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Hhhhn. Baseless primal gut reaction is that I'm not impressed with that helmet.

Will look forward to how it comes across in live action.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I'm not impressed with it either, it looks like a helmet and not a head and I prefer Ghost Riders with a head.

Will wait and see how they rationalize it, though. Like, if they explain it as "the Ghost Rider is now the helmet and putting on the helmet turns any vehicle into a Ghost Rider vehicle", yeah, I'm cool with that. But there'd better be a reason for my fantastical superhero TV show with no basis in reality whatsoever. =P

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Sep 12, 2016

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Really, there's no comparison to all the flaming skullmans I've seen IRL.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

I'm not pressed that it's a helmet; Robbie Reyes wears a helmet in the comics instead of a skull, so he should do that here too. The thing is that it simply (just from this one preview shot) doesn't look as good as the comics helmet, which is way more stylized and, well, cool-looking.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

BrianWilly posted:

I'm not pressed that it's a helmet; Robbie Reyes wears a helmet in the comics instead of a skull, so he should do that here too. The thing is that it simply (just from this one preview shot) doesn't look as good as the comics helmet, which is way more stylized and, well, cool-looking.

Yeah, no poo poo.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

homullus posted:

Really, there's no comparison to all the flaming skullmans I've seen IRL.

I know, right?

Robbie is lookin' good.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

bring back old gbs posted:

Somehow Fitz comes out of that looking the most badass.

You say that like its odd.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You guys must be new to the internet if you haven't seen a few flaming skulls by now.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Aphrodite posted:

You guys must be new to the internet if you haven't seen a few flaming skulls by now.

Flaming skulls never live up to the hype, you know?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Ghost Rider needs to be constantly rotating and holding a traffic cones that says "Under Construction"

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Please bring this back Marvel

https://youtu.be/ABX5TwQFPfk

Four Score fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Sep 12, 2016

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Four Score posted:

Please bring this back Marvel

https://youtu.be/ABX5TwQFPfk

Obviously you mean this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6xU-jmekpM&t=91s

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One thing I liked about Spirit of Vengeance is that it really sold the whole "demon" part of Ghost Rider. In the first movie and most times he's shown up the whole thing is all neat and tidy with a flame that burns but doesn't ever seem like it gives off heat. While in SoV his clothes blacken and char, while the flames give off a dark greasy looking smoke.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Oh poo poo, this season looks to be filmed in Da Share Zone!

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Spirit of Vengeance really was just Crank with Ghost Rider

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Four Score posted:

Spirit of Vengeance really was just Crank with Ghost Rider
It didn't go full Crank II to put it over the edge of being a great movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Ugh, the more I think about it the more annoyed I am by that hybrid helmet. Changing it to just be a normal skull shape, along with aging up the character, makes it seem like they don't really have confidence in Robbie's unique design and setting and are just gonna try to make it as generically recognizable as they can. I've no doubt they would've just gone with Johnny Blaze if they could and were "politely" redirected to another option, which just goes to show their lack of freedom no matter how much they claim otherwise.

spergspergspergspergspergspergsperg

• Locked thread