Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Serperoth posted:

Idgi. :saddowns:

VV: Yeah I saw that there's no R or B. Still idgi

The joke is that red and black are no longer parts of Magic and only Bant remains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Some Numbers posted:

The joke is that red and black are no longer parts of Magic and only Bant remains.

Oh that's simpler than what I thought, I was trying to see some connection to a recent tweet or comic or something.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Don't worry Serperoth, you're in good COMPANY

HAHAHAHA

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
actually you should reflect upon your beliefs and quell any doubts you had

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Serperoth posted:

Idgi. :saddowns:

VV: Yeah I saw that there's no R or B. Still idgi

It's a perfectly Standard card back.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/masterpiece-series-kaladesh-inventions-2016-09-12
Go Go Go.

Wow that is a spicy selection.
Also loving gorgeous art.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

That will be loving expensive. Some pretty decent reprints. Shame there will be what? Maybe a thousand of each entered into circulation?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Holy poo poo some of these arts look fantastic. Also lol champion's helm.

i hope the foiling isn't total trash like the expeditions and FTVs

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Sickening posted:

That will be loving expensive.

This too

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

That Vial and Chrome Mox are unbelievably gorgeous, wow.

E: The Opal too.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

im glad we got to have an argument about aether vial not being in this less than a page ago

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

rabidsquid posted:

im glad we got to have an argument about aether vial not being in this less than a page ago

Not surprised it's in it but I don't think this lowers the price of previous printings. You're probably looking at at least 150 bucks for this printing.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

mcmagic posted:

This too

A private collection, huh? Who do we know that might have access to a Mirran artifact like Mox Opal?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

No ornithopter :/

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

so between opal and steel overseer if I wanted to I could probably triple the cost of my affinity deck

sad that arcbound ravager isn't in tbh

or cranial plating

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The steel overseer art is sweet.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

so between opal and steel overseer if I wanted to I could probably triple the cost of my affinity deck

sad that arcbound ravager isn't in tbh

or cranial plating

24 more of those in Aether Revolt...

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Sep 12, 2016

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

mcmagic posted:

14 more of those in Aether Revolt...

24 more

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Yeah this. The only major miss for me is Champion's Helm, both in art and in "value", and I don't care too much about the Gearhulks personally, but :wow: the reprints look great. Rip my money at the prerelease.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

What he said.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

These are all gorgeous. I want them all.

Except Champion's Helm. That's one's booty.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Champion's Helm is pretty hilarious, but otherwise that's a great batch of cards that all look gorgeous. I can't wait to see what they look like in person.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I assume the last 2 swords will take up 2 slots next set.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
i'm disappointed that not all the cards have flavor text tbh

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Niton posted:

A private collection, huh? Who do we know that might have access to a Mirran artifact like Mox Opal?

Not every Mox Opal is MIrran, just like not every Lotus is from Dominiaria (they occur on Zendikar as well).

Those are absolutely beautiful.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Zoness posted:

i'm disappointed that not all the cards have flavor text tbh

I actually scrolled past everything else without reading them until I got to Solemn Simulacrum and then got sad as a robot.

OfChristandMen
Feb 14, 2006

GENERIC CANDY AVATAR #2
The sword cycle is hilarious for limited.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
These are absolutely loving gorgeous.

They don't seem to be pulling any punches about non-reserve list cards that are commander/vintage only, too - I would not have expected to see mana vault AND crypt on this list.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

OfChristandMen posted:

The sword cycle is hilarious for limited.

Oh man, there are going to be some hilarious Masterpiece blowouts.

But goddamn, these are all pretty as hell. Can't wait to see what they look like with a metallic foiling process.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
That art is amazing, great looking cards.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
i like the idea that someone took the saddest looking robot they could find to the science fair

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

After they get on the level of '90s baseball card foiling processes, WOTC will soon start including one guaranteed hit per Hobby TM box, which is like a regular box but costs more and has 6 more packs.

Snacksmaniac posted:

No ornithopter :/
Was looking forward to this too, buddy.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Ornithopter could easily be in the main set. After all,

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
What is the hive minds opinion should I pre order 2 kaladesh booster boxes which I will probably get RNG hosed over on or a booster box case which I will definitely get RNG hosed over :shepicide:

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
There went my budget for christmas

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Don't chase the dragon. Suck it up and buy the ones you want/need.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
you should not buy packs to open unless you plan on drafting with friends a lot or you own a store and you need to stock up

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!
So they're going to have a Masterpiece Series in every set from now on.

They need to reprint Thespian's Stage in one of these, so we can have a Masterpiece Theater.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i can't wait until somebody opens a mana crypt at a pt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
https://twitter.com/TrickMTG/status/775443311557431297

• Locked thread