Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jennyinstereo
Jan 17, 2007

[rocking faces since the 80s]

The Mentalizer posted:

Wasn't that Parahexavoctal (or something like that)? I remember seeing pictures of him with that stupid stick at some goon meet or something.

Haha yes, it was most definitely him. I went to a few Montreal goon meets that he attended. At my first one, I was warned not to sit near him since he liked to just randomly pick up girls and guess their weight (without their consent). I think he also brought a spider to a meet once. He would mostly sit there doing crossword puzzles and be awkward as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

jennyinstereo posted:

Haha yes, it was most definitely him. I went to a few Montreal goon meets that he attended. At my first one, I was warned not to sit near him since he liked to just randomly pick up girls and guess their weight (without their consent). I think he also brought a spider to a meet once. He would mostly sit there doing crossword puzzles and be awkward as gently caress.

i do this as well but im a chubby chaser, so usually it ends with me making a sound like a dodge neon trying to start, they don't budge, and i say "Well i deadlift 275 so you're a gently caress load more than that" and they get all insecure for some reason

Cordon bleu
Sep 11, 2016

by Smythe

jennyinstereo posted:

There's cavemen then there's cavemen.
There's white trash and there's WHITE TRASH. There's PUAS and then there's PUAS. There's consent and then there's con-scent.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum

RFC2324 posted:

Also maybe work up to it instead of going straight to the hardest challenge you can think of.

Gotta say, this thread has probably confirmed cps goon as the greatest saga, based on how often it comes up.

I swear there was a thread that someone made where they illustrate some of the more well known SA stories and that's how we found out the dude turned his life around and got his kids back.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

A Kpro posted:

I swear there was a thread that someone made where they illustrate some of the more well known SA stories and that's how we found out the dude turned his life around and got his kids back.

illustrate e/n success stories

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Schwarzwald posted:

Veni Vidi Veni

:thurman:

PsionicAnt
Jul 16, 2001

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

There was a goon who posted in FYAD around the time I registered (2003) who'd only quote people and post :rolleyes: as his gimmick. I forget his name, but he was my first forums hero <3.

jeddite :rolleyes:

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

MENSA op still has a place in my heart when it comes to gimmick posters

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I'm like halfway through the "Death March Across America" thread and holy poo poo. It's the E/N well post spot-on. Tons of qualified, experienced hikers were like "you're an idiot because you haven't tested your gear, you haven't trained or prepared for this at all, and all your gear sucks." All his replies were laden with :smuggo: or he'd simply avoid questions like "how far have you hiked in a day?" Everyone, everyone told him how stupid and unfeasible taking a baby stroller on loving hiking trails was and sure enough it broke 6 miles in and he only made it 5 days with one rest day included. Jesus christ. And if he never posted the thread he would have kept with his original route of trudging along the loving highway in Nevada and other hellscapes in the middle of summer. He even acted smug about changing his route, which was obviously due to tons of goons telling him it was literally suicide. And people gave him like 3 grand for a five-day hike. drat that saga made me feel like I'm not a fuckup at all compared to Muerte.

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

extra stout posted:

i do this as well but im a chubby chaser, so usually it ends with me making a sound like a dodge neon trying to start, they don't budge, and i say "Well i deadlift 275 so you're a gently caress load more than that" and they get all insecure for some reason

loving lol

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

MeatwadIsGod posted:

drat that saga made me feel like I'm not a fuckup at all compared to Muerte.

Isn't this what we all long for in a goon saga?

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka
just to be slightly above the bottom of the bell curve of humanity

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Another crazy e/n guy tried to go on a death march recently. I can't find the thread right now but he was a paranoid schizophrenic who believed that he was the reincarnation of some climate change researcher, and he wanted to walk across Canada to raise awareness of global warming or something. Once again, he made it like 10 miles before giving up.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
muerte the death marcher was also made a mod in the diary forum

but he never posted again

Robot Danger
Mar 18, 2012
Didn't the printer carrying goon kill themselves?

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles

Robot Danger posted:

Didn't the printer carrying goon kill themselves?

Yeah. He dead

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Big Centipede posted:

Yeah. He dead

Seriously? :smith:

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Yes.

Buddha.
Sep 24, 2007

"Have compassion for all beings, rich and poor alike; each has their suffering. Some suffer too much, others too little."
College Slice

we are all going to die btw

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Was he buried with his printer?

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Panfilo posted:

Was he buried with his printer?

No, the pallbearers took it to an open field and beat the poo poo out of it.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

gentle pete posted:

Another crazy e/n guy tried to go on a death march recently. I can't find the thread right now but he was a paranoid schizophrenic who believed that he was the reincarnation of some climate change researcher, and he wanted to walk across Canada to raise awareness of global warming or something. Once again, he made it like 10 miles before giving up.

It's really not interesting enough to re-read since he deleted his 30+ blogger accounts, but key points are that he made it WAY further than Muerte (160 km) and upon giving up decided to use his cart to bring food and water every day to a homeless camp. So he did end up helping people :3:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Scudworth posted:

It's really not interesting enough to re-read since he deleted his 30+ blogger accounts, but key points are that he made it WAY further than Muerte (160 km) and upon giving up decided to use his cart to bring food and water every day to a homeless camp. So he did end up helping people :3:

I can walk to the Walgreens from my apartment and make it farther than Muerte did though

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012
I really liked the Doobie saga, we made a random hillbilly's dream come true.

Also, do you remember that girl on her that didn't realize her roommate was dead until like a week later? G R O S S

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

symbolic posted:

speaking of Alias, i got reminded of this post: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3635620&pagenumber=232&perpage=40#post458490330

this basically sums up the Alias story

Holy poo poo, I had no idea that was this guy. I played CSGO with him sometimes, things make a bit more sense now..

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

im mean thats the logical conclusion to that tale

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

im mean thats the logical conclusion to that tale

I wonder if he'll eventually be Canonized. :allears:

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Let's not forget this creepy detail that printer guy included in his story.

quote:

By the time I get there, I'm wet all over from sweating in the +90 degree heat outside and carrying a heavy motherfucking HP Deskjet printer. The first thing I see upon entering her room (my first time in a girl's bedroom) are some panties on her bed.

After the initial shock of seeing such a horrific sight for the first time, I setup the printer and get my job done. However, I did consider sniffing the lingere when she left the room once, but with the wuss that I am, I just ended up staring at them the whole while. That was a sarcastic joke for those of you too stupid to realize that

":lol: Totally just joking, guys. :pervert:"

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'll always remember him as a fellow SA Brother.

Edmund Sparkler has a new favorite as of 05:32 on Sep 12, 2016

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

:golfclap:

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

symbolic posted:

speaking of Alias, i got reminded of this post: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3635620&pagenumber=232&perpage=40#post458490330

this basically sums up the Alias story
omg I'm crying

quote:

everyone bans me from their goon irc channels and im loving sick of it. can't go into the TCC channel, the gay goons channel (and i'm not even gay!) or the byob channel
After a solid decade of repeatedly owning yourself in increasingly agonising ways how do you not conclude "hmm there are thousands of people who somehow manage to post on this website without enduring constant humiliation, maybe I ought to step back for a bit until I've figured out what their secret is"

(and i'm not even gay!)

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Alias trying to sell microwaved CDs was really bizarre.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
The SA-Tan Saga

Basically there was a Awful link of the Day (ALOD) that was about this Japannese dude fetish of muscled dudes punching women in the stomach and making them puke. Lowtax posted it, goons found and mocked it, and every one had a good time.

This lead do the dude creating a female personfication of SA and punching her in the stomach in retaliation. Lowtax then went to the forums asking for the best artist to create a new comic to fight back and it just spiraled out from there. Each sub-section got their own SA-Tan(the FYAD ones got really out there), the retaliation comic was really good and creepy and every one had a fun time. Sadly all the images are lost in time now.

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Well, I guess I'll just go fuck myself, then.
One of my favorite threads was back in 2009 or 2010 and challenged everyone to make a costume just with the things in their bedroom. It was a fantastic display of goon creativity. I'll post in the lost thread thread and see if I can dig it up.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

The Mentalizer posted:

Wasn't that Parahexavoctal (or something like that)? I remember seeing pictures of him with that stupid stick at some goon meet or something.
Anyone got these pictures?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
the confession thread just reminded me of the EN thread about someone who in their mid/late 20s had to have a circumcision because they'd never washed their dick. anyone got a link to that?

also the goon who's brother kept sticking weird things in his dick at age 13 and nearly died of sepsis twice as a result

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006

a hole-y ghost posted:

Anyone got these pictures?

I can give you this for now:

Parahexavoctal posted:

It's a stick. It used to be a broom handle, or possibly a mop handle. I had a shorter one, but I forgot it on the subway a few days ago. Oh well.

I'm a bit fidgety, so it gives me something to do with my hands. "Like a pacifier" isn't too inaccurate, although it certainly isn't flattering. Sometimes I use it as a walking stick when I'm going up a hill.

That's pretty much it. The balancing and twirling are little (very little) tricks I taught myself just to see if I could do them. It's like juggling, I guess. Amusing for the person who does it, and - unless that person is incredibly skilled - annoyingly boring for everyone else.

I don't talk to the stick.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

did anyone post the thread where goons paid 30 bucks for the chance to get luxury items like motorcycles and vacations and ended up getting dollar store poo poo like plastic vampire teeth because lol
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3338464&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

bunky posted:

did anyone post the thread where goons paid 30 bucks for the chance to get luxury items like motorcycles and vacations and ended up getting dollar store poo poo like plastic vampire teeth because lol
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3338464&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

its happening again right now in PYF people were making fun of loot crate and poo poo and discovered something called bobcat in a box and so far the goons who signed up for it have received post cards and black and white print outs of the first Google Image search for train schematics lmao

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Celluloid Sam posted:

its happening again right now in PYF people were making fun of loot crate and poo poo and discovered something called bobcat in a box and so far the goons who signed up for it have received post cards and black and white print outs of the first Google Image search for train schematics lmao

aha gently caress

Iron Crowned posted:

I got my first mysterious bobcat in a box item!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

bunky posted:

I always like that thread because you can skip from the first page of "I work for a startup and you'll win motorcycles" with goons going "Bought three" to the 7th page with "What you need to do is contact the FBI." and "Holy poo poo nobody suggest anything illegal going after the guy that scammed you"