Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Wow all this starter talk and nobody mentions the best starter Piplup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Sandile is good and far better than his evolutions. So maybe there's truth to bipedals being bad.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Hating bipedal Pokemon is dumb and rude.

Real Pokemon trainers learn to accept every Pokemon. Even ones without legs.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

You know it seems like they always try to make the fire starter the "cool" one and go out of their way to show favoritism (two mega forms for charizard, an early release for mega blaziken) but what's interesting about Greninja is that when they designed it they probably sat down and said "what if we made the water type the cool starter instead of the fire one this time?"

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

SilverGryphon posted:

We need a sphynx Pokemon though.

What walks on 4 legs in the morning, 2 legs at noon, and 3 legs in the evening?
Pages: 1234567... Last

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

You know it seems like they always try to make the fire starter the "cool" one and go out of their way to show favoritism (two mega forms for charizard, an early release for mega blaziken) but what's interesting about Greninja is that when they designed it they probably sat down and said "what if we made the water type the cool starter instead of the fire one this time?"

I think all the Kalos starters are pretty rad, though. Then again, making a starter set based on RPG classes is a kickin' rad idea.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Ruggington posted:

here's some fanart of my favorite under-appreciated pokemon

No joke, I love that dude.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

My beautiful babys

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

Are we posting overlooked mons we like? I really like that shrimp they gave a gun to

x
And also porygon with problems

x

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Probopass. i dont have any cool art or anything of him and im not gonna look it up

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

LightningKimba posted:

I think all the Kalos starters are pretty rad, though. Then again, making a starter set based on RPG classes is a kickin' rad idea.

I'm not saying the others are bad, it's just that it's pretty obvious Greninja was the favorite and they went out of their way to make him everyone else's favorite.

Also a third rockruff evo leaked.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
I'm digging the high fashion silverfish monster. It would be amazing without the cartoony eyes.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Also a third rockruff evo leaked.

Fake as gently caress. I found the real one:

Pokedex entry:

quote:

ID: TBD
Skelts:...
Main effects:
-Inflamed, bloodshot eyes
-bleeding from eyes, ears, and mouth
-heightened temperature and heart rate
-vomiting
-impervious to pain
Side effects:

-Cysts, boils
-Insomnia
-Illusions/ disillusions
-self harm

Name: Nyx
Breed: German Shepard mutt

Personality:
Bad:
Irascible: Nyx has various anger issues leading to random and violent acts. The slightest thing might set her off. This makes her quite dangerous.

Controlling: After a long time being a digger, Nyx always wants control over everything. Whatever it is, she will always try to step in and take over.

Murderous: This is without a doubt the worst trait. Nyx likes to murder and take lives, and this can usually stem from her anger. For example, if you rub her the wrong way, you might be dead within a few minutes.

Good:

Loyal: Once you become friends with Nyx, you will be friends with her for life. It takes time, lots of time, however once you're good with her, you are good for life. She will never try to hurt you.

Honest: Nyx will tell you the truth if it leads to a greater good. She is also honest in a way that she will tell it like it is. This has to be one of her best traits.

Humorous: If you ever need a pick-me-up, you can turn to Nyx. She will put a smile on that face, deformed or not. Well, she'll at least try. Her kind of humor isn't for everybody.

History:

When Nyx was a child, she would commit petty crimes such as vandalism and petty theft. For this, she was obviously assigned to be a digger. Spending most of her days alone while digging, she was always quite angry. She tried to take it out on the digging, but it was barely enough. For a while, she was always alone with her thoughts, which were usually either murderous or trying to calm herself down. She began to get very lonely after a while.

One day, this new dog named Anthem showed up. For a while, he was quiet, until he decided to strike up a conversation with her. He began to describe in great detail fighting, which Nyx always knew she could never do due to her bad fighting skills and stamina. She was very interested in what Anthem had to say, and quickly made friends with him.

Nyx never exactly lost her anger, though. The time when she absolutely lost it was when a dog, at least half her size, was always yelling at her to dig faster,when she was doing all she could. Finally, she had had enough. She whipped around and tackled the dog to the ground, a new light in her eyes that was terrifying. She ripped out the dog's throat without the slightest bit of hesitation. Anthem turned to her and gave her a smirk, along with the happiest look she had ever seen in his eyes.

Nyx continued to murder for a little while, until she was found out and kicked out of Eden. She was terrified without Anthem, she didn't know what to do. She was lonely, in pain, and worried about what they would do to Anthem. Not even a week later, Anthem showed up again. She was relieved and happy. Her and Anthem decided to go live in an old farming town, where they decided to live in a decent looking barn.

Strengths:

Climbing: Nyx can scale walls and do many other things, she has very strong front legs.

Attacking: When Nyx attacks, she attacks to kill. She can take down a dog bigger than her, but that doesn't mean she would want to.

mental:
Resourceful: Nyx will make the best of any situation with whatever she has.

weaknesses:

Half blind: Losing one eye makes it hard to see things coming up on that side of Nyx, and makes sneaking up on her a whole lot easier

Jumping: Though she can jump a normal amount, it is a little less than average. She is sometimes unable to jump at all, even.

mental:
mood swings: Nyx can go through at leat 10 emotions a minute, and it does hinder her sometimes.

Relations:

Anthem: Anthem is her partner-in-crime, and best friend. He has been with her for as long as she wants to remember.
"Anthem is my Bud, I'll be there with him to the end. What? Yeah, i guess hes attractive. I'd date him, i just don't think i'm going to act on it. Like-ever."

Roleplay example:

Nyx woke up and yawned, inhaling the scent of fresh rainfall. She got up and went outside, she loved the rain. It was her favorite thing. Looking out at the small town, she noticed her stomach growling. Maybe she could find something-or someone- in town to eat. She began to walk towards it, entranced by the sound of the pitter patter of rain, a d felt it dribble over her back. Soon enough, she was in the small, rundown town. She strode along the rough, beaten down road looking inside of each ramshackle building to see if she could catch a glimpse of a corpse or some prey. Around the old motor shop ,she smelled somebody. Crouching down, she slunk into the building to see if she would be able to kill this one. The dog was at least two thirds the size of Nyx, and she knew that she could get it. The dog was some sort of Lab mix, and it was an early stage, one or so. Getting behind a rusty car, she hid and waited for her time to pounce.

"Who's there?" Called out the other dog, suddenly. Nyx was startled, but she didnt make any noise. In fact, she was getting ready to strike. The dog looked around with a worried expression, shrugged and sat back down to resume whatever it was doing. Nyx assumed he was chewing on a bone of some sort, and this is when she decided to jump out and strike. She climbed up a large stack of tires quickly, and leaped on top of the dog. She tackled it to the ground, and it let out a yip.

"HELP M-" the dog was cut off by Nyx's teeth sinking into it's throat. It fell to the ground, though not quite dead yet. Eyes filled with tears, all it managed to ask was a weak and barely audible

"Why?"
"Cuz its fun!" Replied Nyx, who then lunged forward to give the dog the final bite that would result in it's death. She sighed with slight relief and pleasure, and began to eat. She ripped open the dog's stomach and began her feast. After she was done, she licked her lips and started her way back to the Barn. She left the old motor shop, and stepped out into the rain, it was heavier now. When she got back to the barn, she decided she'd try to improve her climbing skills. With a small leap, she hooked her claws into the old wet wood of the barn. She pulled herself up, and before she knew it, she was on the roof. She too a look around, the rain, and the small town in the distance, joined by the overgrown grass with vibrant flowers in it, was beautiful. She looked around for a while, until she was bored. she climbed back down, backing up off of the roof and swinging back to it. Nyx had just worn down her claws quite a bit, so she went to go sharpen them on her sharpening rock.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Trick Question posted:

Are we posting overlooked mons we like? I really like that shrimp they gave a gun to

x

x

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

How about Pokes you always just plain forget about

I never remember Lileep and Cradily even exist

Also as I was going through my living dex looking for ones like Lileep and Cradily there I picked them because I couldn't name them off hand but like, I remember them in general

But I just got to Maractus and I don't remember this drat thing at all :psyduck:

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I have never forgotten a pokemon in my life and I never will.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
If you forgot Maractus, you're a monster and I can never forgive you :colbert:

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Nevermind that poo poo, here comes Marowak

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i always think maractus is gen iv and lanturn is gen iii

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

SilverGryphon posted:

I'd go Pyroar instead of Persian, personally.

uh excuse me what the gently caress do you think this is

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

elec/dark

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

oddium posted:

elec/dark

owned

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

oddium posted:

elec/dark

that'd be cool

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Ruggington posted:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Nevermind that poo poo, here comes Marowak

I'm glad Alola made it more badass.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I wish I could forget barbaracle

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Super No Vacancy posted:

I wish I could forget barbaracle

this but unironically

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i also wish to forget barbaracle, so that i can see it again for the first time and fall in love all over again

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

sharrrk posted:

i also wish to forget barbaracle, so that i can see it again for the first time and fall in love all over again

Same

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Yeah, GTS is the only thing worse than 1% encounter rate. Who has a white-flower Flabebe for me? 4897-7314-5821

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

SilverGryphon posted:

I'd go Pyroar instead of Persian, personally.

Cats is cats!

Persian just seems suitable to me as an Egyptian cat.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

oddium posted:

elec/dark

No.

RiffRaff1138
Feb 28, 2006

Every single motherfucker thinks they're gonna save the fuckin' world... Why not do something about the shitty economy or whatever instead?! Son of a bitch!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Yeah, GTS is the only thing worse than 1% encounter rate. Who has a white-flower Flabebe for me? 4897-7314-5821
I got one. If you've got any Hidden Ability Pokémon I have listed on the fourth tab in here that'd be great, but if not I'll take whatever.
1977-0156-0209
IGN: Tabitha

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I'll be able to breed one up. FC is 5370-0412-2211

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Zore posted:

Also here are the best bugs in the series

Gen V was so dang good for bug types.

Neither Accelgor, Escavalier, or Pinsir? Way to make yourself look like an idiot with that claim.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Steel/Fairy

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Ruggington posted:

Okay, but, what about Grumpig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Bleck posted:

Okay, but, what about Grumpig.

spoink is my dude