Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nothing But Hate
Oct 7, 2006
When night falls, she covers the world, in impenetrable darkness

X-O posted:

I think he looks fine. Also that scene is amazing. Definitely should have been in the film.

Those "hands" and "feet" look really shithouse. The scene itself was fine though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

They had to delete that scene because it makes the viewer think Jubilee is going to be relevant

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Away all Goats posted:

They had to delete that scene because it makes the viewer think Jubilee is going to be relevant

Someone should go back in time and delete her first appearance.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

FilthyImp posted:

It's literally said in the intro that Mystique saving Nixon ushered in an era of mutant acceptance. I'm guessing watching a Blue skinned, red haired, yellow eyes shapeshifter on Live TV made everyone less goony about the way they look?
Mystique herself would say that only certain finite portions of the world have progressed, like Westchester where that mall is. Other areas are just as hateful of mutants as before, they simply hide it better on the surface.

It's one of the more interesting concepts of the movie, but unfortunately doesn't quite get that final step to being a cohesive (or relevant) theme amidst the unfocused motley that was the rest of the film..

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
Turns out I was wrong, the Sinister post-credit tease actually is to setup Old Man Logan.

quote:

Cinema Blend reports X-Men: Apocalypse director Bryan Singer let the detail about Sinister slip on the commentary track for the most recent X-Men picture. Specifically, the director mentioned the post-credit scene featuring a representative of the Essex Corporation obtaining a vial of Wolverine’s blood from the ruined Alkali Lake facility is a direct connection the third Wolverine film.

Essex, of course, refers to Nathaniel Essex, the civilian identity of Mr. Sinister. A 19th Century scientist obsessed with genetics — often the genetics of the Summers family — he made a pact with Apocalypse to become immortal.

Wolverine 3 is said to be set in the future and could see Sinister tracking down the Wolverine for one last experiment, as Sinister’s activities have taken him all over the mutant world. Cinema Blend also suggests he is the “mad scientist” character Richard E. Grant is playing in the film. Which, if true, is definitely a good bit of casting.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Crossing my fingers for live action Sugerman, otherwise hype kind plummeted.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That mall scene must have been cut fairly early seeing as they didn't have finished effects for the Nightcrawler breakdancing scene.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
jubilee owns and should have been in the movie at the expense of mystique worship scenes

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

In the movie, or...?

WickedHate fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Sep 12, 2016

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

#BROKEN Jubilee sounds pretty cool.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Raserys posted:

jubilee owns and should have been in the movie at the expense of mystique worship scenes

Agreed, somebody make a Jubilee solo movie please.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Travis343 posted:

Agreed, somebody make a Jubilee solo movie please.

Are vampire movies still popular though?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I would have been interested in a Wolverine/Jubilee driving across America flick

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Raserys posted:

They felt they needed to squeeze everything out of Jlaw before her contract expired.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

twistedmentat posted:

They felt they needed to squeeze everything out of Jlaw before her contract expired.

But then she said she might want to come back for the next film. Probably because she's had a few films underperform and she's not the Hollywood darling anymore.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't think most of the movies she does are even meant to be successes.

Joy still got an Oscar nomination.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Dario the Wop posted:

Turns out I was wrong, the Sinister post-credit tease actually is to setup Old Man Logan.

fuuuuuuck, Richard E. Grant as Mr. Sinister is some of the best casting I've ever heard for a comic book movie.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I feel like Snister is wasted in a Wolverine solo film so I hope he's the villian also in Gambit and Deadpool 2

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

He's just not Mr. Sinister unless he's after Scott and Jean's genetic material.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I feel like Snister is wasted in a Wolverine solo film so I hope he's the villian also in Gambit and Deadpool 2

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Codependent Poster posted:

And people say Marvel movies don't have great villains. Here's a guy who steals used condoms!

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

Codependent Poster posted:

I was totally down for Sinister as the villain in the next X-Men film, the flashbacks to Scott's childhood with the orphanage could be so creepy and fun. Plus you can setup a Starjammers film. Fox doesn't need the rest of the Marvel Universe, with the X-Men and Fantastic Four license they could have several potential films and sequels. Oh well.

tragedyjones
Oct 26, 2010
I haven't seen Apocalypse, but do they ever explain what changed the timeline so much that Scott, Jean, Storm, Angel and maybe others were born 20 years too early? Especially since we saw them at the end of DOFP.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lobok posted:

And people say Marvel movies don't have great villains. Here's a guy who steals used condoms!

He and Jared Leto should talk

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Well there's pretty much no chance of Gambit getting made anymore

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Marvel should snatch up Tatum for a future movie. He's shown to be a decent actor with good comedic timing so he'd fit into the MCU.

I dunno, Adam Warlock?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

tragedyjones posted:

I haven't seen Apocalypse, but do they ever explain what changed the timeline so much that Scott, Jean, Storm, Angel and maybe others were born 20 years too early? Especially since we saw them at the end of DOFP.

It's not really that much earlier, just a couple of years. James Marsden was 11 in 1984.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
It's completely inexplicable and makes no sense, we're just to assume the First Class timeline is incompatibly different for no particular reason.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.
Scott, Jean, and Ororo being teenagers in the 80s isn't really a major change. The thing that's hard to swallow is Havok, who was probably in his early 20s in 1963, having vaguely middle-aged parents and a teenage brother 20 years later. That and everyone else who's apparently aged about 4 years in the last 20.

ub
Feb 9, 2003

no dont
Pillbug

Chaos Hippy posted:

Scott, Jean, and Ororo being teenagers in the 80s isn't really a major change. The thing that's hard to swallow is Havok, who was probably in his early 20s in 1963, having vaguely middle-aged parents and a teenage brother 20 years later. That and everyone else who's apparently aged about 4 years in the last 20.

Maybe they're taking bizarre advantage of the actual comic's floating timeline where the ages of the characters as published in the 60's isn't 20 years different from those published in the 80's.

No, that doesn't make sense within the context of a self-contained time-spanning story. Better explanation is they decided to just not give a poo poo.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sliding timeline :colbert:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Wizard did it.

Gravity something something.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Every time you interact with Magneto his gravity well causes time dilation. It's why the movies end so quickly after the big end fight, it'd be too hard to explain the dilation in a couple minutes so they just show the undated future, which could be 7 years or 20 years, depending on perspective. The exception is Ian McKlellan Magneto as he is very old so he has less iron in his blood, and thus his field is not as strong.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I think the fact that the timeline is completely hosed if you think about it for longer than a second means the X-men movies might be the closest adaptation of any comic book series. The secret is to not think about it.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
It could have been entirely avoided if they just didn't use Havok in First Class, though at the time I heard rumors Havok was supposed to be Cyke's father in the movieverse and that placated me well enough. Then Apocolypse comes round...

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

ub posted:

Maybe they're taking bizarre advantage of the actual comic's floating timeline where the ages of the characters as published in the 60's isn't 20 years different from those published in the 80's.

No, that doesn't make sense within the context of a self-contained time-spanning story. Better explanation is they decided to just not give a poo poo.

Same difference, really.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

WickedHate posted:

It could have been entirely avoided if they just didn't use Havok in First Class, though at the time I heard rumors Havok was supposed to be Cyke's father in the movieverse and that placated me well enough. Then Apocolypse comes round...

Maybe they're pulling a Smallville and Havok was Havok's older brother.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
I doubt that this will ruin anyone's day, but just a heads up - The Blu-ray version of Cap 3 does NOT include the Thor short. The 3D Combo and iTunes versions comes with a code for the short.

Not a deal breaker, but for anyone wanting to show it off to your non-internet savvy friends/family, you may have to splurge for an extra couple bucks.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

CzarChasm posted:

I doubt that this will ruin anyone's day, but just a heads up - The Blu-ray version of Cap 3 does NOT include the Thor short. The 3D Combo and iTunes versions comes with a code for the short.

Not a deal breaker, but for anyone wanting to show it off to your non-internet savvy friends/family, you may have to splurge for an extra couple bucks.

If it isn't actually on the disc I won't be watching it that way either way, so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CzarChasm posted:

Or you could just open youtube...

• Locked thread