Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
No I think I was right the first time unless you think that 10-minute drills and having your noodle armed QB throw downfield 65% of the game when you have one of the best RBs of his generation in the backfield are sound coaching decisions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
The best Jamaal Charles game was back in 2012 when he got a grand total of FIVE carries in a game against the Raiders (they lost 26-16). When then-HC Romeo Crennel was asked why after the game, his response was "Now, that I'm not exactly sure."

Sometimes NFL coaches truly are idiots.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The Chiefs have won 11 straight games. With a noodle armed quarterback. Yeah I think Andy is using all his players the appropriate amount.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Is offering Gronk for David Johnson a shortsighted move? I need better RBs and don't mind streaming TEs, plus I have a Pats fan in the league who would take the deal.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Vargo posted:

Is offering Gronk for David Johnson a shortsighted move? I need better RBs and don't mind streaming TEs, plus I have a Pats fan in the league who would take the deal.
As a Pats fan who aggressively drafts TEs every year, I would flip Gronk for David Johnson in a heartbeat. DJ has the potential to be THE #1 player in fantasy this year.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Why is everyone making poo poo offers for David Johnson all of a sudden?

Spoiler alert nobody in your league is trading their first-round draft pick after one game

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Vargo posted:

If there are streamable TEs available, I'd do it for sure. Latest rumors are Gronk might miss another couple games, and anyway won't have Brady back until week 5. DJ probably was drafted before Gronk in most leagues, so no reason not to make the switch if you can make it happen and need RB help.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Benne posted:

This is a great way to ensure nobody ever trades with you again

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Benne posted:

Why is everyone making poo poo offers for David Johnson all of a sudden?

Spoiler alert nobody in your league is trading their first-round draft pick after one game

Especially when he still put up RB1 numbers.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

When my GM's internet went out and somebody missed drafting David Johnson and auto drafted Adrian Peterson instead of just taking AP he made us start the draft over.

Such is the obsession with DJ.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

kiimo posted:

The Chiefs have won 11 straight games. With a noodle armed quarterback. Yeah I think Andy is using all his players the appropriate amount.

He also lost 9 of his 12 games prior to that and lost 8 of 12 after starting his Chiefs career 9-0, so maybe he's just kinda streaky or sometimes plays a bunch of bad teams in a row

He also ended that first season blowing a 24-14 4th quarter lead in the season finale and a 31-10 halftime lead in the first round of the playoffs because his pass to rush ratio in the second half of both games combined was over 2:1.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Sep 13, 2016

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Teemu Pokemon posted:

He also lost 9 of his 12 games prior to that and lost 8 of 12 after starting his Chiefs career 9-0, so maybe he's just kinda streaky or sometimes plays a bunch of bad teams in a row

He also ended that first season blowing a 24-14 4th quarter lead in the season finale and a 31-10 halftime lead in the first round of the playoffs because his pass to rush ratio in the second half of both games combined was over 2:1.

Andy Reid is the king of late game mind boggling meltdowns.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I cna pick up Danny Woodhead, Legarrette Blount, Jeremy Langford, or Tevin Coleman. Any ideas which one? Leaning towards Langford.

I have Freeman, Ware, Bell, and Ingram.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

TommyGun85 posted:

Andy Reid is the king of late game mind boggling meltdowns.

Teemu Pokemon posted:

because his pass to rush ratio in the second half ... over 2:1.

Not really mind boggling when you're an idiot who does everything wrong

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Sep 13, 2016

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Okay lmao internet coach.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RBX posted:

I cna pick up Danny Woodhead, Legarrette Blount, Jeremy Langford, or Tevin Coleman. Any ideas which one? Leaning towards Langford.

I have Freeman, Ware, Bell, and Ingram.

Any PPR? Langford has little competition but is probably the worst in terms of talent of those four, so might not hold onto his job all season despite the lack of competition. Woodhead is nice and safe but probably not better than an RB3 in standard; in PPR, he's the easy choice here. Coleman is a home run hit in that he probably won't be startable, but has RB1 upside. Blount is kinda like Woodhead for standard: safe, but not very high ceiling.

Since the league seems pretty shallow with all those guys available, I might swing for the fences with Coleman, since if he doesn't work out, you can always drop him for another RB3/flex option. On the other hand, if Freeman keeps being bad, you've got yourself a big hit. In PPR, you can't turn down Woodhead, I don't think.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I mean there's overwhelming evidence in the last decade plus across two different teams that Andy Reid is terrible at managing the clock and not running the ball enough when he needs to but I'm sure everything is nice down there in the sand

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Jesse James seems like a viable TE option.

kiimo posted:

When my GM's internet went out and somebody missed drafting David Johnson and auto drafted Adrian Peterson instead of just taking AP he made us start the draft over.

Such is the obsession with DJ.

I would do this in a heartbeat.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

^^^^I agreed with it too and I'm the one who would have gotten Johnson.

Don't hire Andy Reid he'll never get you farther than the AFC championship game he'll melt down like he did in the Super Bowl because he's terrible at his job and should run Charles into the ground I mean look at that YPC this is so obvious a child playing Madden can do it. Just run Charles every down it isn't like playcalling and scheming an actual NFL game is difficult. Reid is bad at his job which is why he only makes the playoffs every year but nothing more than that!

The Chiefs were garbage before Reid and the Eagles were garbage after him. This is such a tired thing to encounter in the wild.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Sep 13, 2016

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Woodhead was great after Keenan went down last year. Woodhead was great yesterday after Keenan went down.

Fire up Woodhead, baby!

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

RVProfootballer posted:

Any PPR? Langford has little competition but is probably the worst in terms of talent of those four, so might not hold onto his job all season despite the lack of competition. Woodhead is nice and safe but probably not better than an RB3 in standard; in PPR, he's the easy choice here. Coleman is a home run hit in that he probably won't be startable, but has RB1 upside. Blount is kinda like Woodhead for standard: safe, but not very high ceiling.

Since the league seems pretty shallow with all those guys available, I might swing for the fences with Coleman, since if he doesn't work out, you can always drop him for another RB3/flex option. On the other hand, if Freeman keeps being bad, you've got yourself a big hit. In PPR, you can't turn down Woodhead, I don't think.

Its a NFL.com Standard 8 team family league. Yes Coleman makes alot of sense buttt

89 posted:

Woodhead was great after Keenan went down last year. Woodhead was great yesterday after Keenan went down.

Fire up Woodhead, baby!

This has me intrigued too because last year I did exactly this when I had Keenan.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

kiimo posted:

Don't hire Andy Reid he'll never get you farther than the AFC championship game he'll melt down like he did in the Super Bowl because he's terrible at his job and should run Charles into the ground I mean look at that YPC this is so obvious a child playing Madden can do it. Just run Charles every down it isn't like playcalling and scheming an actual NFL game is difficult. Reid is bad at his job which is why he only makes the playoffs every year but nothing more than that!

The Chiefs were garbage before Reid and the Eagles were garbage after him. This is such a tired thing to encounter in the wild.

Andy Reid's QBs the last 6 seasons: Alex Smith, Chase Daniel, Michael Vick, Kevin Kolb

Andy Reid's RBs the last 6 seasons: Jamaal Charles, Knile Davis, Chacandrick West, Spencer Ware, LeSean McCoy

Andy Reid's pass percentage: Nearly 60%

Andy Reid's 4th quarter meltdowns and gross clock mismanagement: lol

The reason why Andy Reid's teams do well is because he's a pretty drat good evaluator of talent, puts together good teams, and his players like him well enough that they play hard for him. His strategic ability is borderline laughable and he's proven that time and time again. That's precisely why they never win when it matters. You can go back and look at every team he's coached in the last decade and I'm sure you'll find at least one game he's thrown away by doing god knows the gently caress what.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Sep 13, 2016

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Yeah, full disclosure, I'm in a shallow 8 team standard league and can't quite bring myself to drop Woodhead for Coleman, especially with Keenan down. Hell, Langford is a three down back, volume alone should get him to RB2 numbers. I think any of the the three except Blount are defensible here.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Such a tired goddamn argument

Teemu Pokemon posted:

You can go back and look at [literally every coach in NFL history] and I'm sure you'll find at least one game he's thrown away by doing god knows the gently caress what.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

There are hundreds and hundreds of coaches who are liked by their teams and are good evaluates of talent who assemble the teams and they perform like garbage. Andy Reid has been to the playoffs 16 times, eight NFC Championship games and is a three-time coach of the year. He's always had time management fuckups but that doesn't make him a bad coach or an idiot at all.

This isn't the thread or even the forum to argue with your asinine opinion though so I'm going to spare the thread from any more of this.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Players' usage absolutely matters and if Charles hasn't been such a transcendental athlete thus far in his career, his coach's inability to put the ball in his hands late in games when he should be would absolutely matter. Look at thread darling Lamar Miller who's stock is through the roof this year because he's set to play on a team that actively is willing to use him when they are supposed to

Benne posted:

Such a tired goddamn argument

You don't even need to look that far with Reid. He did it 3 times last year against the Broncos in week two, the Bears in week 5, and in the playoffs (again)

There's a difference between circumstance and habit

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Sep 13, 2016

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

kiimo posted:

There are hundreds and hundreds of coaches who are liked by their teams and are good evaluates of talent who assemble the teams and they perform like garbage. Andy Reid has been to the playoffs 16 times, eight NFC Championship games and is a three-time coach of the year. He's always had time management fuckups but that doesn't make him a bad coach or an idiot at all.

This isn't the thread or even the forum to argue with your asinine opinion though so I'm going to spare the thread from any more of this.

He's *only* been to 5 NFCC games.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ty1990 posted:

He's *only* been to 5 NFCC games.

You are absolutely right. My misread.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
I like the notion that one of the winningest (by win %) coaches in history is an idiot who doesn't understand football

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
Reminder, desean Jackson would be the #3 option for Washington according to this thread.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I just need one more catch from AB or DeSean and it pretty much guarantees me winning in 4/5 leagues this week, I lost in the only one that isn't for money.. and I'm up $47 on draftkings! I've had worse starts

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Can't believe i'm asking this in 2016, but who do i pick up to replace Keenan Allen, Mike Wallace or Victor Cruz?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
As someone who is playing against Antonio Brown I'm completely loving astounded that they left Breeland in single coverage against him all night.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Tiptoes posted:

The best Jamaal Charles game was back in 2012 when he got a grand total of FIVE carries in a game against the Raiders (they lost 26-16). When then-HC Romeo Crennel was asked why after the game, his response was "Now, that I'm not exactly sure."

Sometimes NFL coaches truly are idiots.

This was doing fantasy playoffs too. Grrr hate that man.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
https://twitter.com/tacitassassin13/status/775514023668449280

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Lost in one league because AB crushed me, then lost in the league where I have him by 1 because Dez loving Bryant got 1.8 points in a god drat PPR league.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Carlos Hyde looking pretty solid.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Carlos Hyde looking pretty solid.

I own two shares of him and I'm terrified every time he runs. RBs are super underrated in Chip Kelly's system but I think I'll be dumping him after this game due to the injury risk.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Doltos posted:

I own two shares of him and I'm terrified every time he runs. RBs are super underrated in Chip Kelly's system but I think I'll be dumping him after this game due to the injury risk.

On that note

https://twitter.com/CharlesRobinson/status/775539053005451268

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
Antonio Brown and DeSean Jackson scored exactly enough points for me to lose tonight by one point. Goddammit.

• Locked thread