Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
After the bullshit that was the race weight reduction mod on the One:1 I can't wait to see the transmission mods for the Regera :pseudo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

It comes out in about 45 minutes.

I am overly excited for this demo.

What level is everyone in Forza 6? I am up to 220 now. I was looking at the leaderboards the other night and saw someone as high as level 660.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

What level is everyone in Forza 6? I am up to 220 now. I was looking at the leaderboards the other night and saw someone as high as level 660.
I just checked. I'm lvl 183. Since the league races went away I've been doing the Porsche stuff, when I am not using my gaming time to play DooM.
It makes me laugh to see I have 102,608,215 CR. I have tons of CR in all the Forza games but nothing like that much.

To be fair, I used the free car cheat at the beginning to get all the really expensive cars so I would have a lot less money if I'd had to buy them.

I'm really interested in this purported "FH3 Demo" so I hope it becomes available soon. Very soon.

Maybe Monday?
https://twitter.com/ForzaMotorsport/status/775118720817590272

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Sep 12, 2016

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The demo is still not out. The world is harsh and cruel and I will die soon without the Horizon 3 demo.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

The demo is still not out. The world is harsh and cruel and I will die soon without the Horizon 3 demo.
You'll get it and you'll bad-mouth it because you are one of the most fickle racing game fans ever.
No offense, Cubivore.

VV When I get probated please put "This is not wrong." as the reason. VV

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Sep 12, 2016

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dr. Faustus posted:

You'll get it and you'll bad-mouth it because you are one of the most fickle racing game fans ever.
No offense, Cubivore.

This is not wrong.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

how am i one of the most fickle racing game fans ever, i play and love almost every single racing game that has ever existed since all the way back with top gear on the snes :confused:

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Cubey posted:

how am i one of the most fickle racing game fans ever, i play and love almost every single racing game that has ever existed since all the way back with top gear on the snes :confused:
vv LOL vv

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Sep 12, 2016

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

e: on second thought, it is not worth engaging with you.

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Sep 12, 2016

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Can I play this demo on my Sick Gameing Rig™ or do I have to download it like a full blown contard on my lovely xbox one.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

The Horizon 3 PC demo is coming later, but there will be one. A shame they aren't launching simultaneously 'cause I'd like to compare them to decide which version to play when the full game comes out.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

I said come in! posted:

515ish. I raced in an endurance league for much of the spring and the XP came rolling in.

I've seen a few players who are 1000+

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
holy loving poo poo i just now reached level 100. I really only play on goonracing nights and thats been the case since forza 5's launch

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I heard that there was some sort of progress erasing bug for Forza Horizon 2. Is that still outstanding? I kinda feel like getting back into that after I get through the Horizon 3 demo.

I didn't expect me to enjoy Horizon 2 over Forza 6, and I do not mean that to be a knock on either game.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Horizon 2 has an issue where the game save size can get too big and fail to sync properly. If that happens, you have to let it do its thing, which can take well over an hour to load; if you back out at that point, you lose your save and all your progress. I luckily did not run into that problem and my speculation is that people who do are people with a ton of cars and paint schemes and tunes.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Cubey posted:

e: on second thought, it is not worth engaging with you.
Cubey I wasn't being serious. I was only poking fun because you started a thread for a racing game you couldn't play on a console you didn't own and that was funny. It was not an actual good faith attack on your "racing game commitment." Same with ISCI!. I was keedeeng.

Get the demo now, here.

Looks pretty drat good.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Sep 12, 2016

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund
I guess this answers the question about Win10 playing onine with the xbox one players.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

WienerDog posted:

I guess this answers the question about Win10 playing onine with the xbox one players.

We're safe to assume games such as rocket league and forza will only benefit from cross play, seeing as how neither games use a mouse. Anyways I think this was confirmed a while ago, no? It factored big into my decision to buy a gpu instead of a replacement Xbox one, although it will be quite a wait for forza 7 since I don't see a full version of six coming out instead of spending the dev time on 7 for a simultaneous launch in 2017

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund

ethanol posted:

We're safe to assume games such as rocket league and forza will only benefit from cross play, seeing as how neither games use a mouse. Anyways I think this was confirmed a while ago, no? It factored big into my decision to buy a gpu instead of a replacement Xbox one, although it will be quite a wait for forza 7 since I don't see a full version of six coming out instead of spending the dev time on 7 for a simultaneous launch in 2017

Oh, I didn't realize it had been confirmed.

Also, if you don't set the game to call you "Bro" you have made a mistake.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Played the demo long enough to confirm that the game will be good and fun. And it's so delightfully Australian.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Men at Work's "Land Down Under" starts off by talking about a VW Bus so I hope that's the first car you drive in this.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Ether Frenzy posted:

Men at Work's "Land Down Under" starts off by talking about a VW Bus so I hope that's the first car you drive in this.

this song not being in forza horizon 3 is the greatest blunder in gaming history

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

The Wife is working late and my demo is queued [hopefully]. Now I just need to figure a way to leave work early and play this fucker.

Spoilers .... i guess ... but this seems to be the best map folks have cobbled together so far: http://imgur.com/VDc1qSN

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Also there's been some videos up of people with early copies of the game, and DLC car slots showing up in the shop, including the Honda S800, Jensen Interceptor, Lotus 340R, Renault Alpine GTA Le Mans, Aston Martin Vulcan (probably) and others.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

L_Harrison posted:

Jensen Interceptor

oh gently caress yes

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Is there anyone that hasn't done the Co-op bucket lists for Horizon 2 (regular game and for storm island) yet? I'm usually around after 10pm PST if any late night cruisers want to bang through them before FH3 drops. Gamertag is Pvax on the bone-live too.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
The game. It calls me Captain. That alone is marvelous. So far it's beautiful. I played the intro and am setting up the controller for all assists off and manual w/clutch.

So pretty. This is going to be wonderful.

"Sheila" is an option. "Bruce" isn't. That's not fair!

Now playing manual w/clutch. Physics may be simplified, not sure. Control is responsive and tight. No idea about the Lambo tune, it corners better than any Lambo I have driven bar the Veneno. Graphics are gorgeous.

I think the in-car sounds are more interesting. Bottoming-out, hitting other cars, vegetation collisions. Although the demo has one big bathtub sound that may grate over time. Too early to say.

Race load to race time seems to be pretty fast instantaneous.

Note: Drive on the left-hand side.
Also: The new "get fans" game mechanic seems to be good. Not sure how I feel about the "Hire divers" thing, I need to see how it works out. Looks like a card game and I don't know those well.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Sep 13, 2016

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Just got home from work, downloading now. This download is painfully slow.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Aw, no PC demo until after release. Definitely a day 1 buy for me, but was waffling between the "home theater" experience vs. the "superior experience" on my PC.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
It feels so different from 6 that I feel like I won't be able to drive on a track when 7 comes out.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
I actually had to fire up 6 after first playing FH3 because the handling felt so off I thought my wheel might be acting up. Nope, it really does feel that disconnected and floaty.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I thought it felt a little too grabby/grippy. Still fun as it is.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
All the Horizon games feel that way. They're running simplified physics at 30fps.

How wildly different they feel actually makes it easier to switch back and forth between them, for me anyway. My brain doesn't waste time trying to compare them. It's just like, "this is a different game we're playing now so don't bother trying to apply anything from the other one."

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Should I get Storm Island and/or the Porche expansion? I never did make it through much of the base game.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Unlucky7 posted:

Should I get Storm Island and/or the Porche expansion? I never did make it through much of the base game.
We were already playing and tuning FH2 as a straight rally game (putting AWD into any and every car) so Storm Island was great. Adding rally parts was worth it.
That said, not many people play FH2. I know I stopped pursuing the championships when FM6 came out. I'd pass.

The FM6 Porsche Pack is special. It has lots of cars, sure. Like the NASCAR expansion, it has its own campaign which is pretty neat.
What it has that I appreciate most is Virginia International Raceway. I'd buy the pack just for that track.
Unfortunately, FM6 is pretty deserted now and when FH3 hits there will only be purposeful racers spending time on it. FM6 will get some play between now and when FM7 comes out. How much play remains to be seen. I don't know if you'd decide the Porsche pack would be worth the price unless it was discounted. I still think VIR is a great track. I think the Porsches are wonderful, too; as long as you can tune them. The campaign is ok.

I guess my answer is this: depends on how much the price affects you. If you have the money and don't mind spending it, I think the Porsche expansion is drat good. Better than Storm Island, IMHO.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I meant the Porche expansion for FM2 :v:

No matter though, I was way earlier in the game than I thought and I doubt that I could get it finished before FM3 comes out.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
The FM6 car pass is only $7.50 this week, same for FH2 and FM5.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ethanol posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Just an FYI Ethanol did not do anything wrong in this post, he just needs to stop posting and save his career so that he might continue to Forza in reality and not in our hearts.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Horizon 3 demo was pretty sweet, the game is beautiful, but man was it really short and left me wanting more. The 27th can't come soon enough. It does still bother me however how many forced cutscenes and dialog there still is in this series. Just let me play the game, I don't care for the festival storyline or characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

there is only one thing that could make the cutscenes worth watching. and that one thing is razor callahan.

• Locked thread