Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

IronicDongz posted:

What work resets deadfall traps?

I think it falls under hauling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Snatch Duster posted:

Then explain movement? With what you are saying then guys with jogger trait are doing like 4 minute miles.

Also pawns take up a tile, in the distant future are people 3 feet wide?

Have you ever played a tabletop game?

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Snatch Duster posted:

Also pawns take up a tile, in the distant future are people 3 feet wide?
You can have multiple people in a tile. It's just really uncomfortable for two people to be in the same 1x1 meter area, so they try not to do it.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Squeegy posted:

Have you ever played a tabletop game?

Yeah sure but in most table top games you are playing some great amazing hero or super special made up race like elves. Which can explain away their Olympic movement speeds. But we are talking about a space janitors or vat grown sex slaves.

Zhentar
Sep 28, 2003

Brilliant Master Genius

Snatch Duster posted:

Then explain movement? With what you are saying then guys with jogger trait are doing like 4 minute miles.

The "seconds" in the cells per second movement speed is from the players frame of reference, e.g. 60 ticks, or 1/40th of a game hour; even at 1 meter tiles joggers are doing 8 hour miles.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
dunno if anyone feels similarly constrained by the molasses default movement speed, but i've found an across the board +300% boost to movement speed cathartic.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Snatch Duster posted:

Yeah sure but in most table top games you are playing some great amazing hero or super special made up race like elves. Which can explain away their Olympic movement speeds. But we are talking about a space janitors or vat grown sex slaves.

No, I'm saying that in a tabletop game one 5 foot by 5 foot tile generally = 1 person's standing space. Which is a little less than 1 meter.

NatasDog
Feb 9, 2009
I figured we were looking at 1m tiles, and I suppose by that measure 1600ish square feet is a big radius. It still doesn't line up well with the cooler and heater energy draw by comparison though. Sun Lamps are a whole other kettle of fish too, but at the end of the day I think it's safe to say that the power draw for the various items that use it could stand to be gone over.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
So, like, is it a bug that bisexuality only exists for females in this game?

https://www.reddit.com/r/RimWorld/comments/50ukdy/we_havent_automated_this_yet_weekly_qa_thread/d7jjhbe

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Nope:

code:
            if (pawn.gender == Gender.Male)
            {
                if (
                    (pawn.RaceProps.Humanlike) &&
                    (pawn.story.traits.HasTrait(TraitDefOf.Gay))
                )
                {
                    if (otherPawn.gender == Gender.Female)
                    {
                        return 0f;
                    }
                }
                else if (otherPawn.gender == Gender.Male)
                {
                    return 0f;
                }
                num2 = GenMath.FlatHill(16f, 20f, ageBiologicalYearsFloat, ageBiologicalYearsFloat + 15f, ageBiologicalYearsFloat2);
            }
            else if (pawn.gender == Gender.Female)
            {
                if (
                )
                {
                    if (otherPawn.gender == Gender.Male)
                    {
                        return 0f;
                    }
                }
                else if (otherPawn.gender == Gender.Female)
                {
                    num = 0.15f;
                }
                if (ageBiologicalYearsFloat2 < ageBiologicalYearsFloat - 10f)
                {
                    return 0f;
                }
                if (ageBiologicalYearsFloat2 < ageBiologicalYearsFloat - 3f)
                {
                    num2 = Mathf.InverseLerp(ageBiologicalYearsFloat - 10f, ageBiologicalYearsFloat - 3f, ageBiologicalYearsFloat2) * 0.2f;
                }
                else
                {
                    num2 = GenMath.FlatHill(0.2f, ageBiologicalYearsFloat - 3f, ageBiologicalYearsFloat, ageBiologicalYearsFloat + 10f, ageBiologicalYearsFloat + 40f, 0.1f, ageBiologicalYearsFloat2);
                }
            }

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Bug or :heysexy:

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Tias posted:

Yes, but I seriously doubt it's a personal mary sue. Rather the backer is a fat nerdlord who wants revenge over someone actually named Emmie, don't you think?

methinks the goon doth protest too much

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Also what work is used for removing roofs? I can't get my colonists to do anything but remove this roof one tile at a time by prioritizing it.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Fangz posted:

So, like, is it a bug that bisexuality only exists for females in this game?

https://www.reddit.com/r/RimWorld/comments/50ukdy/we_havent_automated_this_yet_weekly_qa_thread/d7jjhbe

probably not, tynan is a shithead gamergater

IronicDongz posted:

Also what work is used for removing roofs? I can't get my colonists to do anything but remove this roof one tile at a time by prioritizing it.

construction

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
I didn't think goons could find a bar lower than obsessing over some easily ignored sexual fluff but here we are, measuring tiles in boardgames.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

IronicDongz posted:

You can lock them in a room and they will remove/build a roof if they have no other options.

Zhentar
Sep 28, 2003

Brilliant Master Genius

Specifically, the lowest priority construction task, so if there's anything else to construct/deconstruct they'll do that before roofing.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Zigmidge posted:

I didn't think goons could find a bar lower than obsessing over some easily ignored sexual fluff but here we are, measuring tiles in boardgames.

The fluff thing really amuses me, it's like a nice cross section of American Puritanism right here in the thread!

"More like MengeleWorld am I right? Check out my colonists performing cruel and inhumane medical experiments on prisoners just because they have a bad knee, then executing and eating them! LOLOLOL"

":wtc: ONE OF MY COLONISTS HAD SEX?! thisisanoutrage.gif"

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Azhais posted:

":wtc: ONE OF MY COLONISTS HAD SEX?! thisisanoutrage.gif"
bit of a different between what you're saying here and the actual character background people don't like which is "one of my colonists was grown in a vat to be a rape slave"

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

IronicDongz posted:

bit of a different between what you're saying here and the actual character background people don't like which is "one of my colonists was grown in a vat to be a rape slave"

There is between that and what goes on in this thread, as well, but restraint is not a quality we ascribe to forums.somethingawful.com

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Squeegy posted:

Nope:

code:
            if (pawn.gender == Gender.Male)
            {
                if (
                )
                {
                    if (otherPawn.gender == Gender.Female)
                    {
                        return 0f;
                    }
                }
                else if (otherPawn.gender == Gender.Male)
                {
                    return 0f;
                }
                num2 = GenMath.FlatHill(16f, 20f, ageBiologicalYearsFloat, ageBiologicalYearsFloat + 15f, ageBiologicalYearsFloat2);
            }
            else if (pawn.gender == Gender.Female)
            {
                if (
                )
                {
                    if (otherPawn.gender == Gender.Male)
                    {
                        return 0f;
                    }
                }
                else if (otherPawn.gender == Gender.Female)
                {
                    num = 0.15f;
                }
                if (ageBiologicalYearsFloat2 < ageBiologicalYearsFloat - 10f)
                {
                    return 0f;
                }
                if (ageBiologicalYearsFloat2 < ageBiologicalYearsFloat - 3f)
                {
                    num2 = Mathf.InverseLerp(ageBiologicalYearsFloat - 10f, ageBiologicalYearsFloat - 3f, ageBiologicalYearsFloat2) * 0.2f;
                }
                else
                {
                    num2 = GenMath.FlatHill(0.2f, ageBiologicalYearsFloat - 3f, ageBiologicalYearsFloat, ageBiologicalYearsFloat + 10f, ageBiologicalYearsFloat + 40f, 0.1f, ageBiologicalYearsFloat2);
                }
            }

Dear lord. It's a bunch of single lines and I still can't imagine why he would calculate it that way. This is why you should comment your code.

Also early returns need to get lost and die.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

LLSix posted:

Dear lord. It's a bunch of single lines and I still can't imagine why he would calculate it that way. This is why you should comment your code.

At least his variable names have meaning. I'm trying to maintain some perl code written by a jerk and have to deal with 10000 lines of this poo poo:

code:
      for my $b (sort @d) {
        my @s = stat("$d/$b");
        next unless @s;
        $m .= "$b\0$s[9]/$s[7]/$s[1]\0";
      }
At least I can figure out what Tynan is doing there :v:

Zhentar
Sep 28, 2003

Brilliant Master Genius

LLSix posted:

Alas, it is impossible for the decompiler to provide us comments from the original source.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
can't believe I just got through a raid with a raider equipped with a triple rocket launcher without anyone dying :wth:

e: and I just got a random airdrop of like 71x herbal medicine when I'd been going on like 0 medicine for almost a full season

LazyMaybe fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Sep 13, 2016

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Zigmidge posted:

The Goon Will Always Get Through.

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010

BAD DOG

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I was happy to finally sell off the boomrat that domesticated itself(bizarrely, it had exploded once upon being attacked by raiders and survived) because I don't want exploding animals around my colony, and then the idiot who got attached to it got sad it got sold

it's literally an exploding vermin you moron

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

IronicDongz posted:

I was happy to finally sell off the boomrat that domesticated itself(bizarrely, it had exploded once upon being attacked by raiders and survived) because I don't want exploding animals around my colony, and then the idiot who got attached to it got sad it got sold

it's literally an exploding vermin you moron

I take that poo poo into a cave and shoot it like old yeller.

Then I make a million tuques out of its flesh.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

All my self-domesticated boom animals go into a specially marked zone in front of my turrets/killzone called 'bait'

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
My doctor atm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAx1_CsJc1k

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Azhais posted:

At least his variable names have meaning. I'm trying to maintain some perl code written by a jerk and have to deal with 10000 lines of this poo poo:

code:
      for my $b (sort @d) {
        my @s = stat("$d/$b");
        next unless @s;
        $m .= "$b\0$s[9]/$s[7]/$s[1]\0";
      }
At least I can figure out what Tynan is doing there :v:

You make a good point. Tynan did an excellent job naming those variables.

Do not bind the throats of the dogs that haul the holy beer.

What does alcohol addiction do? My colonies tend to implode long before I have enough surplus to set up beer production.

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010

LLSix posted:

You make a good point. Tynan did an excellent job naming those variables.

Do not bind the throats of the dogs that haul the holy beer.

What does alcohol addiction do? My colonies tend to implode long before I have enough surplus to set up beer production.

For colonists, it means they need to have it every once in a while or they start having withdrawals which vary based on drug (manipulation, movement speed, etc.) and gives them a hefty -25 moodlet.

For animals I have no idea beyond them possibly actively seeking it out?

Worst case scenario: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4l39b1ESVs

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

IronicDongz posted:

N-no? I think it's someone they made up man

the character's first name is "Emily" so their nickname is "Emmie"

Yes, I know that. How does that make it less creepy?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

wow, imagine this dude obsessing over his created character. that's super creepy. god, that dude, he must be such a creeper. that character he made? wow. real creepy. are you guys thinking about it? it's super weird, right? i can't stop thinking about how creepy it is that this guy obsesses over this character.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

BBJoey posted:

wow, imagine this dude obsessing over his created character. that's super creepy. god, that dude, he must be such a creeper. that character he made? wow. real creepy. are you guys thinking about it? it's super weird, right? i can't stop thinking about how creepy it is that this guy obsesses over this character.

Ok, so someone paying to back a character that is a literal vatgrown sex slave isn't creepy. Gotcha :downs:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

I got my first "Aspergian Rebel" last night and I nearly lost my poo poo

i know the dude making this likes money but he could probably get by without selling idiots the ability to make his game bad

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Tias posted:

Ok, so someone paying to back a character that is a literal vatgrown sex slave isn't creepy. Gotcha :downs:

yeah that really creeped me out, plus I keep seeing her in my games so it actually makes the game worse.

Gantolandon
Aug 19, 2012

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

I got my first "Aspergian Rebel" last night and I nearly lost my poo poo

i know the dude making this likes money but he could probably get by without selling idiots the ability to make his game bad

This is unfortunately common in Kickstarter games. In Prison Architect you get a fuckload of psychopathic murderers, genius hackers and thieves, mob bosses and weird zany guys arrested for some "funny" pranks, inserted into the game with almost no proofreading. Pillars of Eternity has a bunch of self-insert special snowflake NPCs who are supposed to be awesome in every way.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
If nothing else I like Emmie because I know when her name pops up as someone escaping raiders I know to ignore the call so I don't get a worthless colonists who can't fight or do research.

You're either gunning or researching advance methods to gun to earn your keep in colony dongs :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Tias posted:

how about this: that is indeed creepy, but so is making up fanfiction about whoever paid to put that character in the game?