Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK everyone!

All the player salaries are entered. Check your roster for anything unexpected. Nobody has busted their cap based on the current roster arrangements, either, so...

FAAB waiver period begins in 30 minutes and runs till 11 am Eastern, wednesday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Who poo poo in my mouth and drank all my brandy?

Ugh.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

what the hell did I do after the first pick who are these WRs

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

and this website's interface blows insane amounts of rear end lmao

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
yeah but the game previews are excellent:

(MyFantasyLeague.com Fantasy Times Sources - Sep 13, 2016) posted:

Coming up in a week 1 I Paid What For Who? intra-divisional battle, the 0-0 1017 BRICK SQUAD face off against the 0-0 Hawk Hunters.
Based on projections from Fantasy Sharks, 1017 BRICK SQUAD can expect a 21.55 point effort from Russell Wilson in week 1, who is expected to get by the Miami Dolphins defense for 252.98 passing yards and 1.99 passing TDs in addition to 39.7 rushing yards.

"We have to bend but not break," 1017 BRICK SQUAD coach Steven Lee said.

Based on projections from Fantasy Sharks, Hawk Hunters can expect a 19.65 point effort from Todd Gurley in week 1, who is expected to get by the San Francisco 49ers defense for 96.97 rushing yards and 0.97 rushing TDs in addition to 23.2 receiving yards.

"We should stick to the fundamentals," Hawk Hunters coach Matt Stillman said.

This is the first game between these two franchises in 2016, and is sure to be a hard-fought struggle.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Cant figure out how to add a dude directly to Taxi squad, so I think we have to play musical players to do it.

Sorry for all the emails.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Spermy Smurf posted:

Cant figure out how to add a dude directly to Taxi squad, so I think we have to play musical players to do it.

Sorry for all the emails.

Yeah, the waiver form does not give you the option of pulling a guy directly to IR or taxi, so you'll need a bench slot to do it. A commissioner can directly add a player to a roster anywhere, but there's no practical way to leverage that along with blind bidding waivers, because of multiple bids, etc.

We'll just have to live with the limitation.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
This app is trash. No idea if I submitted a full team or not.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Spermy Smurf posted:

If you submitted a team, then you submitted a full team, because MFL literally won't let you submit a not-full team.

Actually I wonder if I can change that? As you can all see, I had to grab a defensive lineman, because I didn't have one. When I tried to submit a lineup earlier this week, MFL said it was invalid and refused to do it. That seems pretty harsh, there could be situations where you want to submit a lineup but not include one position. For example, say you have a player starting thursday, but want to grab someone on waivers to put in for sunday. You should be able to submit a lineup containing the thursday player, and then do saturday waivers, and then submit the rest of your lineup saturday. Right? And if your team doesn't include a startable player in a certain position on Wednesday, you should still be permitted to at least get your thursday starters in!

So I'm gonna poke around and see if there's a setting here to control this.

Speaking of: everyone make sure your lineups are submitted. You have to actively submit a lineup.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Found it. Changed it to "partial starting lineups are always allowed."

There are also options for letting the system use its rankings to automatically submit lineups for players who didn't submit a lineup before thursday games start. Do we want that?

We also have this setting available:

quote:

For franchises without starting lineups, automatically carry over starting lineups from the previous week:
At the beginning of the week, as soon as the previous week's final results are available
At the end of the week, only if the owner did not submit any lineup during the week

I currently have it set to the bold option, but I could change it to the other one, or turn it off.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Spermy Smurf posted:

mfl platinum on ios doesn't seem super horrible at least compared to the website interface

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Just a reminder, I'm traveling starting tomorrow through friday the 16th. I'll have internet most every evening at hotels, but we might be busy doing vacationy stuff.

Lean on the commissioners if you have any problems that need to be solved in less than two days. You can also send me an email - my SA user name at gmail dot com - I'll be checking those on my phone whenever I have connectivity.

Submit your lineups now. You can always re-submit a lineup but it's better to go into Thursday night football with at least a tentative lineup submitted.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
first mistake of the year: not playing my expensive week 1 waiver pickup from last year, Kelvin Benjamin

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Are waiver bids going to process again before Sunday? Is there some other way to add players that I'm missing?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah, there's a saturday waivers. Should be, anyway... look at the league calender in mfl.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Good DJ Foster snag. I couldn't decide between him and Rob Kelley on Wednesday

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
:rip: Keenan Allen again

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
drat, 3rd most points... and lost

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Thats what Tyler has said the entire last season.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
I'm still having a hard time reconciling starting both Gurley and AP and getting < 8 pts combined from them...I mean not the biggest problem on team but still.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

to nobody's surprise, I continue to set suboptimal lineups and lose games

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

God, RG3, you poor bastard. I wonder if you'll ever play football again?

Swarmin Swedes
Oct 22, 2008
Did we end up with the ability to steal a taxi squad player from another team as long as you start them? If so how do I do that because I want to steal Fuller off of Gridiron Chefs. How do I initiate that process? He still gets the opportunity to promote him to a starting role right?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
How do I even view taxi squads with this poo poo app?

It shows 25 guys on my roster.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
It's under Manage Rosters

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
And where is Manage Rosters on the MFL Platinum app?

I can go to Rosters, but it lists every team. I can filter to just my team or any team, but it stll lumps all players together without Taxi Squads.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Middle column, third row down

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

That is trades and waivers which has blind bid, trading blocks...

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Swarmin Swedes posted:

Did we end up with the ability to steal a taxi squad player from another team as long as you start them? If so how do I do that because I want to steal Fuller off of Gridiron Chefs. How do I initiate that process? He still gets the opportunity to promote him to a starting role right?

Yes, you get to do it. I haven't added the rules to our rules sheet yet, but that's what we agreed to. Basically you post your intent to steal - and start - Fuller.And then the Chefs get time to respond, either by promoting and starting Fuller themselves, or aquiescing to the steal. If the steal goes through, a commissioner can transfer the player.

If I remember the proposed rules right. I'm posting from a hotel room using my kindle, so it's a little harder for me to go read back and find it, but I think it's just a few pages back in this thread.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

Meanwhile let's formalize the taxi squad business.

I propose the following rules for the taxi squads:

1. Per MFL: there will be taxi squads for each team, consisting of 3 slots. You can put NFL rookies or non-rookies into any slot.
  2. Per our own league-rule, you can only put a non-rookie onto your practice squad if that player has never been included as a starter by any league team/owner, this year or in any prior year.
  3. Per MFL, players on your taxi squad do not cost any money towards your cap. Salary info for them is based on draft position or FAAB paid. Traded players retain their salaries as normal.
  4. At any time you can promote players off your taxi squad and onto your bench. Doing so only affects your cap, which you have to stay under.
  5. HOWEVER, once you "start" a player - that is, put them in a starting position that then becomes locked because the game that player's team has hit its scheduled start, that player has been "started" and is forever ineligible to be placed on a taxi squad. Note that this is the case even if in real life that player does not play in that game, and irrespective of that player's in-real-life status... e.g., a player on a real NFL practice squad that you "start" still counts as being started, because you are an idiot and deserve what happens to you if you do this.
  6. At any time up to 72 hours (just a feels-right guess at a good amount of time) before a player's team is scheduled to play, you can attempt to steal that player from another owner's practice squad. For example, if the player is on the Tennesee Titans, and they have a Thursday night game this week, you can try to steal the player no later than Monday night, 72 hours before the TNG begins.
  7. You attempt to steal a player by posting in this thread, as well as sending messages via the MFL interface to both the owner of the player, and all three commissioners.
  8. The owner of the player then has up to 48 hours to block your steal attempt. The only way to block a steal attempt is to commit to starting that player in his next NFL game. That means you must promote the player - dropping players as necessary to make roster space and/or cap space - and then put that player into a starting spot and leave him there until his game locks.
  9. Exception: if, after a steal attempt is initiated, the player being stolen is injured (reported as questionable, doubtful, out, placed on IR), suspended (placed on S), or dropped to waivers/free agency by their owning NFL team, either player may back out and restore the status quo. That means the stealing player can cancel their steal attempt - the player stays with the original owner. An owner who already initiated the blockage of a steal by rostering the player may back out of their block, permitting the other owner to steal the player (if they still want to). And, the player remains eligible to return to a practice squad (or, if applicable, IR), according to the owner's desire.
  10. Once the player becomes locked into a game, none of this stuff applies... it's just like any other NFL man who fucks you over with his failure during a game. You can't put him back on a practice squad.
  11. All of the above notwithstanding, players are added to practice squads in the normal way, by moving them from your bench (if eligible), trading for them, picking them up off of waivers via FAAB, or drafting them during the rookie/free agent draft. You are permitted to transit a player via your bench to your taxi squad and not bust your cap in the process, if the MFL software won't let you move the player directly to your squad from wherever you got him.

Please Vote if you think this is fine, or speak up if you think anything needs to change. I picked 72 hours so that the owning player would have two days to respond, but that might not be enough - if someone is on vacation, away for a long weekend, etc. they shouldn't be able to have their taxi squad guy stolen without the chance to respond. I definitely don't think a shorter period is OK, given the issue here. We could extend it to something longer like five days or a full week if you guys want.

Found it. I think only two people voted but it was in favor, and previously the league voted to support stealing, so these are the rules. Click to that post to read the follow-up conversation I had for clarification.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Also note I later realized our leage rule is rookies only on taxi squads, so the above is wrong about putting never-played veterans on taxi squads; it's rookies only.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

Spermy Smurf posted:

That is trades and waivers which has blind bid, trading blocks...

Where yours says trades/waivers, mine says manage rosters. I'm on Android fwiw

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm looking to trade away Randall Cobb. I think he's worth his $30 salary, but I need the cap space and I'm happy with my receiver corps without him. I'm looking for depth at QB as my most urgent positional need, so I'd trade him for a viable QB2 kind of guy.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I intend to steal and start Tajae Sharpe from Concord Concordes taxi squad

Stevie Lee fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Sep 14, 2016

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Swarmin Swedes posted:

I will be taking care of this later today so you won't need to force me to promote him to the squad. Knew he was legit, but didn't expect production opposite Nuke right out of the gate. Anyone want a slightly used Funchess, DGB, or Rishard for a draft pick to make the decision easier for me speak up!

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
Since I got beaten to the attempted steal claim, Leper if you aren't planning on promoting Sharpe and would rather get something for him, shoot me a trade offer.

Swarmin Swedes
Oct 22, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

I'm looking to trade away Randall Cobb. I think he's worth his $30 salary, but I need the cap space and I'm happy with my receiver corps without him. I'm looking for depth at QB as my most urgent positional need, so I'd trade him for a viable QB2 kind of guy.

Would you like one slightly used Fitzpatrick?

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Leperflesh posted:

can I interest you in eli ($4), matty ice ($1), or tyrod ($4)?

Bloody fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Sep 15, 2016

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

The Zack posted:

Where yours says trades/waivers, mine says manage rosters. I'm on Android fwiw

2016.3.4(80) build on galaxy s5 here.

No wonder this loving app blows for me. I cant do the most basic loving thing.

Anyone else having this issue?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Spermy Smurf posted:

2016.3.4(80) build on galaxy s5 here.

No wonder this loving app blows for me. I cant do the most basic loving thing.

Anyone else having this issue?

So there was a new version which needed to be manually updated via play store for me.

Now taxi squads show up in yellow at the bottom.

Grrr