Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

FutonForensic posted:

archived for your sick pleasure. u sick fuk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX42e1gOOFs

The fact that the url ending gOOFs was taken by a McElroy-related video is pretty unbelievable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

I'm sure Justin just called up Youtube and explained that he was the owner of TeenGoogle

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
That bit instantly became one of my absolute favorites they did. The transition from "this song is way weirder than people act like it is" to "die in your sleep" being a sick videogame victory strat was everything I come to McElroy podcasts for.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

My mind immediately went to all those parents from 1985 who couldn't work out the NES controller fast enough to clear that first Goomba in 1-1, just die in your sleep.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Which episode of The Adventure Zone had them trying to come up with a name for their adventuring party and ending on up Très Horny Boys?

CronoGamer
May 15, 2004

why did this happen

Ariong posted:

Which episode of The Adventure Zone had them trying to come up with a name for their adventuring party and ending on up Très Horny Boys?

It's at the very beginning of the third episode of the current arc, the first time they wake up after seeing Refuge destroyed.

Conall
Oct 8, 2015
Was anyone else yelling at Taako to remember that prophecy about always having a 3rd alternative during the chalice's offer? I hope they don't let that go because I'm curious about the solution Griffin had planned for his shallice puzzle.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Conall posted:

Was anyone else yelling at Taako to remember that prophecy about always having a 3rd alternative during the chalice's offer? I hope they don't let that go because I'm curious about the solution Griffin had planned for his shallice puzzle.

I'm a little concerned about that as well. I figured that choice would be a little farther down the road but this seems like a good place for it. Now they've claimed the chalice and freed June, the bubble is no-longer holding back the worm and they've got no way of looping back to the beginning.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

I introduced a friend to this podcast.

She's marathoned it in 3 days. I really, really don't envy that, but at the same time, I'm a bit jealous she's experiencing it for the first time. Also I mentioned crystal kingdom being too long and she was like "What? It's as long as Petals to the Metal, right?"

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

I thought for a second you were talking about MBMBaM, and your friend was a crazy person who listens to podcasts at 6x speed

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

FutonForensic posted:

I thought for a second you were talking about MBMBaM, and your friend was a crazy person who listens to podcasts at 6x speed

That's how Johnny 5 listens to podcasts.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

FutonForensic posted:

The only reason I could get her into adventure zone is because she'd already listened to MBMBAM and apparently the concept of griffin writing fiction for the very first time was enticing!

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Beekeeping and You posted:

Also I mentioned crystal kingdom being too long and she was like "What? It's as long as Petals to the Metal, right?"

To be fair, Petals to the Metal is too long, it just hides it better by being, essentially, three loosely connected mini-stories as opposed to a singular slog through a glorified "dungeon". It's fine, but it does feel like it doesn't really cohere and it's a difficult story to track its progression. It coulda pruned the entirety of the bank sequence and it probably would've been a stronger story as a result.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

FutonForensic posted:

If you listened to one episode with one ear and another with the other ear you'd only need to listen at 2x speed to get it done in 3 days.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Toxxupation posted:

To be fair, Petals to the Metal is too long, it just hides it better by being, essentially, three loosely connected mini-stories as opposed to a singular slog through a glorified "dungeon". It's fine, but it does feel like it doesn't really cohere and it's a difficult story to track its progression. It coulda pruned the entirety of the bank sequence and it probably would've been a stronger story as a result.

I'd agree with that, except the scene with merle hitting on plants was some funny-rear end poo poo, and everything with trent

also haha "pruned"

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Yeah losing Trent and Merle loving plants woulda sucked poo poo but as it currently stands it feels like Tres Horny Boys are just teleported around from scene to scene, it's a story that lacks a lot of player agency and has a bunch of different setpieces and ideas that kind of run counter to each other.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Toxxupation posted:

The bank section was the best section imo, the boringest bit of petals was the race by far

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

ImPureAwesome posted:

The bank section was the best section imo, the boringest bit of petals was the race by far

don't you dare besmirch the introduction of garryl.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
The race was way too long, but that was definitely Griffin miscalculating how long that many fights would take. I love though that because of how many fights there were, they all completely forgot about who the gang leader was when he showed up again in Crystal Kingdom.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Zeeman posted:

The race was way too long, but that was definitely Griffin miscalculating how long that many fights would take. I love though that because of how many fights there were, they all completely forgot about who the gang leader was when he showed up again in Crystal Kingdom.

Which led to one of my favorite lines in the show:

"You didn't throw me off no cliff. Nah, I'm too tough for that"
"Really?"
"Yeah, you cut me in half"

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
I started listening after that arc was completed, and I LOVED the race. Listening to those episodes back-to-back might have made it more listenable, I guess. But the fact that Griffin just invented all of these totally insane racing vehicles and set the guys loose on them for multiple episodes of solid combat was delightful. It felt much less railroaded than some of the dungeon-y arcs, because the objective (stop the Raven from winning) was so simple that it gave the team a ton of freedom to do whatever.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

showbiz_liz posted:

I started listening after that arc was completed, and I LOVED the race. Listening to those episodes back-to-back might have made it more listenable, I guess. But the fact that Griffin just invented all of these totally insane racing vehicles and set the guys loose on them for multiple episodes of solid combat was delightful. It felt much less railroaded than some of the dungeon-y arcs, because the objective (stop the Raven from winning) was so simple that it gave the team a ton of freedom to do whatever.

Freedom? They were literally driven through the race setpiece encounters by griffin's npc.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Yeah but it was a race. Them having a driver for the race freed them up to do poo poo like shrink a giant squid to a tiny size, ride a spectral unicorn around, and poo poo. Didn't they mind control one of the other drivers at one point? poo poo was crazy. Griffin says ok, you're on a racetrack, you're driving around the course, here's a bunch of wacky poo poo trying to kill you and break your racecar. Go nuts.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Travis343 posted:

Yeah but it was a race. Them having a driver for the race freed them up to do poo poo like shrink a giant squid to a tiny size, ride a spectral unicorn around, and poo poo. Didn't they mind control one of the other drivers at one point? poo poo was crazy. Griffin says ok, you're on a racetrack, you're driving around the course, here's a bunch of wacky poo poo trying to kill you and break your racecar. Go nuts.

I guess besides gyrll, going through encounters just isn't nearly as interesting to me as when they're goofing on angus or failing to escape vines or robbing a bank or whatever

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Personally I'd rank 'em:

Rockport Express
Eleventh Hour
Crystal Kingdom
Petals to the Metal
Here There Be Gerblins

They're all Good. Petals to the Metal had a lot of great moments, but the wacky racers action did go on for a long time. I can't imagine how long it would have taken if Justin hadn't just clowned on half the combat encounters. The rest of the party didn't really have much to do in there.

Then again I actually really enjoyed Crystal Kingdom v0v

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
It's all good and fine and fun. It's first and foremost a McElroy Family Comedy Podcast, and this is the first time Griffin is both GMing and writing fiction. If the goofs are there, which they almost always are, who gives a poo poo if the storytelling has flaws.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/Babylonian/status/774754784389627904
Francis, there closing the JCC at 7 PM! all these people have to get out! just drop it! Drop the beat!!

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

The Kenny Rogers goof from the end of the last MBMBAM is so loving good, every game walkthrough had me laughing harder and harder.

Also I'm pretty excited for their new show, is it supposed to be out by the end of the year?

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

The Duke posted:

The Kenny Rogers goof from the end of the last MBMBAM is so loving good, every game walkthrough had me laughing harder and harder.

i'm still dying about the persona 4 one.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

The Duke posted:

Also I'm pretty excited for their new show, is it supposed to be out by the end of the year?

Speaking as a man who's been laughing at The Gambler for years, their take on it was the funniest I've heard.

The Muppet's take on it was the most frightening though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNnrTNFWcsg

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

New Mbmbam is up.

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

Spaghettigeddon II: Trash Pizza & Mystery Rolls

Their dynamic when they're in the room together is subtly different in a pretty fun way. Maybe it's just me but it seems like they get a lot looser and loopier. (This is especially noticeable in the live eps, though uhh they're also clearly pretty lit in those)

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I have to commend Griffin for managing to put out a podcast without any bones, as they have evacuated via his butt.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Viral gastroenteritus loving sucks beyond description. I've never felt so close to death. I can't imagine willingly getting near any recording equipment while dealing with that mess.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Dunno how Griffin got so salty after having pooped out so many electrolytes.

Whoever described Travis as a goober is spot on. He is the embodiment of Gooberdom with his try hardiness and mushy nature.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

money zone was good this ep. I like that the word 'convalescence' gets used in an advertisement.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Whoever described Travis as a goober is spot on. He is the embodiment of Gooberdom with his try hardiness and mushy nature.

His first thought about finding strange breadrolls on his doorstep is that someone must have seen him and thought "this fellow needs this bread more than I do."

That's the kind of adorable kindhearted nature you just don't find in folks, especially ones who've been living in loving LA.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

My answer would've been geography based. As in, were i in LA, there's no way I would eat that poo poo.

Nemico
Sep 23, 2006

I live in a coastal city, hippies and blackberry bushes everywhere, and someone left a container of fresh blackberries on our doorstep once. Now, I've grabbed berries off the bushes on the side of the road and eaten them before, and these ones were picked in the exact same way, but I threw out those berries. It would take a lot for me to eat doorstep food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
You have to send out a "is this your loving bread" to everyone you ever met