Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Blooming Brilliant posted:

I always thought Dustox/Beautifly where version exclusive evolutions back in the day but nope they're tied to time of day.

I thought they were tied to ivs or random bs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

They're not gonna be version exclusive. My (admittedly really limited) Japanese skills don't see anything that would suggest that.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

It's Personality values for Dustox/Beautifly and I guess Silicoon/Cascoon. It's almost random what you'll get unless you can see that value
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Personality_value#Wurmple.27s_evolution

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Blackheart posted:

Steel/Fairy

my first guess was pride from actraiser 2 but it's not exactly grimdark enough

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

my first guess was pride from actraiser 2 but it's not exactly grimdark enough

Kirby

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Geostomp posted:

It's a bird in a hood. How are people getting upset about this being "too humanoid" when we just got done with a Frog-man, let alone the Ultra-chicken?

the curse of the leak : people convinced themselves it wasn't true by saying it was bad, and now they're lost

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Is it mandatory for japanese magazines to reveal information as if the editor barfed all over the page.

Here's my buddy delphox that I pick purely on its wicked cry

pars
Sep 7, 2011
But that magazine literally says "Sun exclusive evolution" and "Moon exclusive evolution"

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Tired Moritz posted:

I thought they were tied to ivs or random bs

They're based on yet another hidden stat called Personality Values.

Ka0 posted:

Is it mandatory for japanese magazines to reveal information as if the editor barfed all over the page.

Yes. At least for kid's magazines like CoroCoro.

Jithendra
May 23, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

They're not gonna be version exclusive. My (admittedly really limited) Japanese skills don't see anything that would suggest that.

ムーン限定進化 top left corner, サン限定進化 bottom right corner.

I kinda hope that's wrong though.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

pars posted:

But that magazine literally says "Sun exclusive evolution" and "Moon exclusive evolution"

Huh. You're right, I somehow missed that.

That's lame as hell.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Ka0 posted:

Here's my buddy delphox that I pick purely on its wicked cry

Delphox isn't my kinda pokemon but man I really love the design for them.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
stop with exclusives please

Ps: I think it's a terrible idea because it fucks anyone that want to breed their perfect nightwolf/daydog. How would that even work?

Tired Moritz fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Sep 13, 2016

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Are those the pages that are the "new info" dropping on 9/14 or are we getting something official?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Waffles Inc. posted:

Are those the pages that are the "new info" dropping on 9/14 or are we getting something official?

Probably a trailer of some kind i'd expect. Wouldn't be surprised if it's mostly about the same things though, or stuff from the recent Japanese trailer that weren't in the English ones.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I just want them to show the starter evos already it's driving me nuts

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I've noticed that some information revealed in International trailers isn't present in Corocoro. For example, one trailer revealed four Pokémon: Stufful, Sandygast, Palossand and Crabrawler. The first three were in the magazine, but Crabrawler was completely new.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Calaveron posted:

I just want them to show the starter evos already it's driving me nuts

isn't that stuff usually the last thing shown off before release? i think we've got a while before we see those

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
I thought it was already confirmed in Corocoro that evolving Rockruff is a matter of the time of day, like Espeon/Umbreon. Maybe they're just assuming kids will be playing during the day and will therefore receive daywolf in Sun and nightwolf in Moon?

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

They revealed the first evolutions of the starters for Black/White and X/Y in the September issue of the magazine. My guess as to why they haven't done the same for the Sun/Moon starters by now is probably because fans haven't been secretive with the leaks (I've noticed that they post the leaks on Pokémon's Twitter feed all the time).

They're probably avoiding anything regarding the starters so to not confirm or deny that the leaks are indeed real.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'm honestly debating between Wolf from Monster Rancher and Shadow the Werehog as my evolution for Rockruff.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

Midnight Rugarugan reminds me of Jon Talbain from Darkstalkers.

I'm hoping its solely a time of day thing and not a version exclusive evolution because I already preordered Moon but I like the Midday form much more then the Midnight one.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Dunban posted:

Night Dog gets Counter and Day Dog gets a new move called Accel Rock.

This also seems to suggest they're version exclusives, though it doesn't explicitly state it.

Daywolf's mane looks like a sun and Nightwolf's pompadour is shaped like a crescent moon. :downs:

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Zuzie posted:

Midnight Rugarugan reminds me of Jon Talbain from Darkstalkers.

I'm hoping its solely a time of day thing and not a version exclusive evolution because I already preordered Moon but I like the Midday form much more then the Midnight one.

Same. I haven't pre-ordered though.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

If I can't get my Daywolf friend because I ordered Moon then :(

(who am I kidding i'll buy Sun too)

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
One of the games is in the daytime and one is at night, right?

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Gammatron 64 posted:

One of the games is in the daytime and one is at night, right?

Nah supposedly one is just shifted 12 hours

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

I love these puppers

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
more dogs pls

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Man I liked it when I didn't follow Pokemon where it seemed they revealed piplup and fennekin and torterra and like a week later the games were out

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
If the thing about the starters having split evolutions turns out to be true,then they're probably holding back on revealing them until the last minute to try and build up hype. Of course we can always hope that they'll be lumped in with the official daywolf and nightwolf reveals in tomorrow's video :v:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Paul.Power posted:

Moth Ra, Lv56 Volcarona. Yeah, the one from the Relic Cave. Yeah, he learns moves oddly. But move tutored Signal Beam and the Psychic and Flamethrower TMs went a long way. Special Attack boosting nature made them go a very long way (even Ember was doing serious work before I got Flamethrower!). The team's special tank as well, and oddly enough the only dude on the team.

Fun times.

way to give the only dude an explicitly female name, you dunce!!!

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Well my lv40 Heliolisk took down the Psychic gym single handedly in X. I put dark moves on everything I had but turns out Helio could handle them fine without one.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Golden Goat posted:

Well my lv40 Heliolisk took down the Psychic gym single handedly in X. I put dark moves on everything I had but turns out Helio could handle them fine without one.

Heliolisk can also learn Dark Pulse.

Heliolisk is a v. Good pokemon.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Pokemen Generations announced:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMzwcIG8vgk

Origins was pretty cool, looking forward to this.

First episode airs this Friday.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
A startling lack of Lugia, the best legendary

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Dunban posted:

I was super excited about this until they said it was just youtube shorts at the end.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Zore posted:

Heliolisk can also learn Dark Pulse.

He was only meant to go in and use Eerie Impulse but turns out he's go tons of Special Defense and the first two pokemon of that gym are weak to electric so I just let him drain them all with parabolic charge.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Dunban posted:

The SWAT team with pokemon looks amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Zore posted:

Like the dude myself, took one through X. It being part normal weirds me out though, like I figured normal in pokemon terms just means: this is just a regular dog/lizard/whatever, not unlike all those fire/water/rock dogs/lizards/whatever... and then they go ahead and slap it on mons like this one at random anyway.