Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I met with the department people and Archaeology labs are Chem at around the 2000 level. I've stuck to the textual and language stream so I'm nervous but it'd be cool to learn some science.

I made both Track and Rowing. I think I might have built them up in my head, because tryouts weren't that bad. It turns out that the fees and commitment are the biggest hurdles. My schedule went from being mostly empty to pretty full. It's good though, I appreciate both the help here and in the fitness thread.

How is this semester starting out for everyone else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I'm the oldest guy in my class. The only guy with a beard in my class. Well all 4 classes. There are also lots of hot loving women holy loving poo poo. I always wear sunglasses so I don't get caught looking at yoga butts.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Soulex posted:

I'm the oldest guy in my class. The only guy with a beard in my class. Well all 4 classes. There are also lots of hot loving women holy loving poo poo. I always wear sunglasses so I don't get caught looking at yoga butts.

Howard Phillips
May 4, 2008

His smile; it shines in the darkest of depths. There is hope yet.

Soulex posted:

This.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
Whoever came up with the 'leggings as pants' trend, the 'crochet booty-shorts' trend and the 'shirt with armholes that go all the way to the waistband with only bra underneath' trend, they all deserve a medal of some sort. I'd like to thank them for their service.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
The only real thanks I can offer for yall wasting your 20s fighting pointless wars is paying for your college and hoping you're smashing out as much 20 year old rear end as humanly possible.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

TheQuietWilds posted:

Whoever came up with the 'leggings as pants' trend, the 'crochet booty-shorts' trend and the 'shirt with armholes that go all the way to the waistband with only bra underneath' trend, they all deserve a medal of some sort. I'd like to thank them for their service.
I saw two of those. It's like those Mexican blankets you always see bandititos wear except white and cotton. Side boob poncho or whatever.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
It's an athletic thing. You cut sleeves and make little danglies on old shirts so you breathe easier while playing basketball, etc

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Alternatively, will smith doing the tonto dance

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

NTT posted:

Alternatively, will smith doing the tonto dance

AHEM ITS APACHE (jump on it)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrE9n6tI9Rw

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

NTT posted:

It's an athletic thing. You cut sleeves and make little danglies on old shirts so you breathe easier while playing basketball, etc

It's an athletic thing about as much as yoga pants are a yoga thing

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I started wearing the Adidas track-leggings to the gym. Comfy as gently caress.

iKon
Oct 4, 2000

CAN'T TEST
WON'T TEST

Frosted Flake posted:

I made both Track and Rowing.

Unless you loving love getting up at 4AM, choose track.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Hope you still have some cartilage left in your knees, 'cause you're gonna need it.

Pasta is your new best friend.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Naked Bear posted:

Hope you still have some cartilage left in your knees, 'cause you're gonna need it.

Pasta is your new best friend.

I don't. They snap crackle and pop whenever I get up from a squat. Is there anything I can do about it?

For some reason I thought it was just me.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

I don't know if there's much you can do besides cling-wrapping ice packs to your joints if they get too sore. Drink more milk? You're better off getting advice from a sports doc or trainer than me. My knees and ankles are like that, but at least now I don't have keep beating them up on a daily basis.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
My knees are constantly popping and feel sore more often than not.

Whatever. I'm in shape and not a fat so fair trade off.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Glucosamine and chrondroiten or whatever is great for knee grinding. Like night and day afterna day or two

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Is this the kind of thing worth mentioning to the VA?

e: if there's an injury/disability/benefits thread I can take it there. They've been good about covering school, and I hear they're good with sudden, dramatic injuries but I never considered the hearing loss or knees because there's no one incident to point to.

ee: on a more positive note yoga butts are great, but the women's crew outfits take it to the next level.

Frosted Flake fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Sep 14, 2016

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Kawasaki Nun posted:

You're getting certification for how to do work, no being taught how to do it. Enjoy the BAH and try to learn as much as you can from the professor. Its not gonna be taught to your level so try not to focus on the bureaucracy of it.

I swear to god I read this exact conversation with someone else, even down to it being about video editing, like 4 or 5 years ago in GIP.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

No Butt Stuff posted:

I swear to god I read this exact conversation with someone else, even down to it being about video editing, like 4 or 5 years ago in GIP.

We broadcasters pretend to be smarter than everyone else.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Guys, I thought going to school at 33 would be weird, but its actually good and cool because I'm not a retarded 18 year old who can't figure poo poo out and is late and wasting their money and failing. Like when I was 18.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
School is easy as gently caress as long as you've got your poo poo half way sorted out. I'm moderately retarded and looked at as a mentor type figure, which to me is somewhat horrifying.

Speaking of which, class tomorrow should be fun. The week ended with the class mongoloid, after telling us that we're all poo poo and he was the greatest, failed his solidworks cert test. Not only failed it, failed to get an answer to the very first question after 3 hours.

For reference, the other guy that took it got 100%

Mongo then skulked out and went home right on the buzzer, so we'll all get a chance to talk mad poo poo about him tomorrow, which is basically the highlight of my day. He's nearly 40 years old and rode his bicycle home to his mother's house, where he lives, in shame.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
lmao gently caress that dude jesus christ

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.
Sounds like a shooter. Watch your cornhole.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I'm still working on getting my poo poo sorted. I think once I get into a rhythm it will be easier.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Evil SpongeBob posted:

Sounds like a shooter. Watch your cornhole.

I no poo poo wonder about that eh.

But then the reality sets in that he's a punk bitch and we all have a laugh about it.

He also claims that he was in the military but he got locked up and dishonorable discharged for refusing to shoot civilians or whatever, so I really think he's got some severe brain damage, like fetal alcohol syndrome or sniffing gasoline or something.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
If you fail at the military you should really give up on life because Jesus Christ is it easy. Even if federally associated business were allowed to hire dishonorables I don't know why anybody would.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah I'm drat near certain that he wasn't in the military. Pretty sure he uses it as an excuse to explain why he's nearly 40 and lives with his mother and has no job.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
He's the "adult" version of that kid in sixth grade who would always make up all these bullshit lies about the Pokémon video game and his uncle working at Nintendo to try and get people to talk to him because he's such a loving unlikeable retard.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
First day of class for fall quarter, Jesus Christ I do not like getting up earlier than like 930-1000.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Mike-o posted:

First day of class for fall quarter, Jesus Christ I do not like getting up earlier than like 930-1000.

Dude it's funny, for the first few months I was out I was sleeping in like a motherfucker, which is like past 8 to me. As soon as I started having to get up for school, all two days of it a week, I immediately went back on army time and I wake up between 4-6am every day alarm clock or not, every single day.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Dude it's funny, for the first few months I was out I was sleeping in like a motherfucker, which is like past 8 to me. As soon as I started having to get up for school, all two days of it a week, I immediately went back on army time and I wake up between 4-6am every day alarm clock or not, every single day.

Yeah I start doing that too I just loving hate being tired as poo poo in the morning because I'm so used to being a lazy rear end in a top hat and sleeping all the time.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
I'm new to gi bill and just got a deposit for ~600 bucks, is that the book money? My bah here should be over a grand so it's not that.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Dr. Josef Mengele posted:

I'm new to gi bill and just got a deposit for ~600 bucks, is that the book money? My bah here should be over a grand so it's not that.

Yes. Or it's prorated for this month. What day did your semester start? However many days in the month after that? Divide that number by 30, multiply by your BAH rate+16 dollars. If the numbers match, it's your first months prorated payment.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Mike-o posted:

He's the "adult" version of that kid in sixth grade who would always make up all these bullshit lies about the Pokémon video game and his uncle working at Nintendo to try and get people to talk to him because he's such a loving unlikeable retard.

This is pretty much it.

Our teacher here has all the industry connections in the world, and if you want a job he'll hook you up. He'd put people out and some will take a dude if he gives them a gold star sight unseen. Everyone else has been picked up in first interviews.

Except him.

It only takes about 3 minutes for him to step on his own dick or ram it violently into his own mouth hard enough that people are like "there is no way in hell I would want to spend 8 plus hours a day with this guy". He's up to his 4th interview and no prospects in sight.

You'd feel bad for him if he weren't such an unlikeable cocksucker.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
GiP:Mean Girls goto college!!!

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I hate application sites that attempt to read your resume. They always gently caress it up and it would have been faster to just key it in by hand.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'll expand on that by saying I hate applying to jobs period.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
One of my career goals is to never have to do an actual job application again.

• Locked thread