Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://twitter.com/Hatsuu/status/775518461543845888https://twitter.com/Hatsuu/status/775525235005075456

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Its a shame the bandai localisation is so bad. I'd love to play those one day.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Not getting the scans from Leo/Xeno/Spears was bothering me so I reverted to my save just prior to the battle. It was so easy to get the scans and get the AP this time I have no idea what I was missing before. I did it in maybe 10 turns? I only lost a couple hours of game time but now my OCD wont be bothering me for the rest of the game.

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

I'M TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN!
Whereas I didn't talk to Klein on the bridge once and now I want to cry every time I look at the character notebook.

I thought I had missed a recipe last night and my first thought was suicide.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I didn't get the bonus AP for the watchtower boss fight and I thought about reloading but that would involve quitting and relaunching the game and then sitting through long, unskippable cutscenes again.
If I can miss one book in CS1 then I can deal with this.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

You can't skip the cutscenes, but you can make them play like 10x as fast.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
You can also miss something like 14AP and still get max. I think it's literally all of the bonus AP conditions involving fights and then some left-over.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I'm pretty sure it's 10. Rank A0 is 430 and max is 440, I think.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Some Numbers posted:

I'm pretty sure it's 10. Rank A0 is 430 and max is 440, I think.

That was CS1 or at least CS1 had 10 points and even numbers, can't remember exact amounts. Just looked it up to be sure and CS2 is 315 out of a possible 329 for A0, so 14 can be missed just fine. Missing the bonus fight AP just alters when you receive some of the rewards, the final one in particular.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Somehow I missed that the conversation was about CS2. Carry on.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I'd forgotten what a ridiculous loving ham Comrade G was.

Comrade, I fought against Georg Weissmann. I beat Georg Weissmann savagely with a very large stick. Comrade, you're no Georg Weissmann.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I will always appreciate that Weissman was consistent; annoying from start to finish, never quite difficult.

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy
So does CS2 have a mechanic of recruiting NPCs that man stations in an airship a la Suikoden? I remember someone mentioning that in the RPG thread before it came out. (Answers minus spoilers preferred, still playing Trails SC.)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Japanese Dating Sim posted:

So does CS2 have a mechanic of recruiting NPCs that man stations in an airship a la Suikoden? I remember someone mentioning that in the RPG thread before it came out. (Answers minus spoilers preferred, still playing Trails SC.)

Yes, it does. It's not very exciting though since the vast majority of them are just basic shops.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

ImpAtom posted:

Yes, it does. It's not very exciting though since the vast majority of them are just basic shops.

One of the shops is Becky though!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Zaggitz posted:

One of the shops is Becky though!

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
I'm having a hard time understanding Vita's motivations in CS2 (don't read unless finished the finale)

She forbid the Duke from fully carrying out the Infernal Rite that would bring Vermillion to full creation. Yet essentially she did everything to bring about that situation where he could do so. Why take action that could lead to something she thinks would be dangerous? Just so she can get the two Divine Knights to fight? Seems like there could be a better way that wouldn't spell potential calamity for the continent

Unless I'm not understanding it right.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

theblackw0lf posted:

I'm having a hard time understanding Vita's motivations in CS2 (don't read unless finished the finale)

She forbid the Duke from fully carrying out the Infernal Rite that would bring Vermillion to full creation. Yet essentially she did everything to bring about that situation where he could do so. Why take action that could lead to something she thinks would be dangerous? Just so she can get the two Divine Knights to fight? Seems like there could be a better way that wouldn't spell potential calamity for the continent

Her plan seemed to revolve entirely around getting the Divine Knights to fight at full power for reasons we don't know yet, while Ouroboros seemed to have active interest in loving things up without them going full disaster.

Ouroboros is assholes who are willing to do lovely stuff to achieve their enigmatic goals.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

ImpAtom posted:

Her plan seemed to revolve entirely around getting the Divine Knights to fight at full power for reasons we don't know yet.

The NG+ books seem to hint at Erebonia being locked in a cycle of conflict that began with I am currently assuming are the Fire and Water Septerrions doing battle and fragmenting at least one of them into the divine knights. I would assume Vita is trying to recreate these conditions to get some kind of access to one or both of them.

Though I've yet to actually read the English version of the books, just a loosely translated jp version. I'm waiting till after 3rd for the real thing. It's likely we won't know anything concrete till CS3 what with the state of the Phantasmal Blaze plan at the end.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Zaggitz posted:

The NG+ books seem to hint at Erebonia being locked in a cycle of conflict that began with I am currently assuming are the Fire and Water Septerrions doing battle and fragmenting at least one of them into the divine knights. I would assume Vita is trying to recreate these conditions to get some kind of access to one or both of them.

Though I've yet to actually read the English version of the books, just a loosely translated jp version. I'm waiting till after 3rd for the real thing. It's likely we won't know anything concrete till CS3 what with the state of the Phantasmal Blaze plan at the end.

I think the common assumption is that the septerrions in Erebonia are Fire and Time, though I don't remember the reasoning off the top of my head.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Supremezero posted:

I think the common assumption is that the septerrions in Erebonia are Fire and Time, though I don't remember the reasoning off the top of my head.

The Septerrion responsible for the divine knights is definitely Fire, but yeah the other one could be anything.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

theblackw0lf posted:

Well her reactions seemed genuine, but it's hard for me to trust anything someone says when said someone's title is The Azure Diva, so it could've still been part of the plan. But on the flip side, it's also possible she just didn't take anyone of the nobles even slightly seriously, or at least didn't take Cayenne seriously in any respect.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Alard posted:

Well her reactions seemed genuine, but it's hard for me to trust anything someone says when said someone's title is The Azure Diva, so it could've still been part of the plan. But on the flip side, it's also possible she just didn't take anyone of the nobles even slightly seriously, or at least didn't take Cayenne seriously in any respect.

More finale ending CIA'ing
Well, to me it doesn't seem very wise to count on Cayenne not doing anything spectacularly dumb and dangerous. Competent threat he is not, but one of ignorance....

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Unrelated CS1 ending spoilers:

If you've managed to narrow down C's identity to a few suspects, why the hell would you not keep them under close surveillance when the Chancellor is about to make a crucial public appearance? Hell, why not lock them up in advance like the morally ambiguous semi-secret police you are? It's pretty hard to take the RMP/the Intelligence Division seriously when they just let a top suspect disappear from school where he's already got an agent watching him, and not ring any alarm bells until he's pointing a sniper rifle at your boss. Oh, and said agent is a kid with an attention deficit who wanders away herself on the same morning. This is not how a supposedly competent security force should be acting!

yes, I know the answer is 'anime'

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Millium says it herself. They thought C was dead.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

CSII provides some further insight into it

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Gato posted:

Unrelated CS1 ending spoilers:

If you've managed to narrow down C's identity to a few suspects, why the hell would you not keep them under close surveillance when the Chancellor is about to make a crucial public appearance? Hell, why not lock them up in advance like the morally ambiguous semi-secret police you are? It's pretty hard to take the RMP/the Intelligence Division seriously when they just let a top suspect disappear from school where he's already got an agent watching him, and not ring any alarm bells until he's pointing a sniper rifle at your boss. Oh, and said agent is a kid with an attention deficit who wanders away herself on the same morning. This is not how a supposedly competent security force should be acting!

yes, I know the answer is 'anime'

To echo Endorph, did you somehow miss when Millium flat out stated that they thought the threat was over since C staged an awfully convincing death? Millium HAD been put in the class to watch over Crow when they realized he might very well be C - security just understandably lapsed afterwards. There's nothing particularly 'anime' about that plot point at all.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
One of the Imperial Chronicles issues even states that they found and acquired (what they thought to be) C's body and were working on identifying it. It wasn't until Millium noticed something was up with Crow around the time Osbourne was about to give his speech that they realized they screwed up.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

:doh:

Ok, I feel really really dumb now, that makes perfect sense. No idea how I missed that.

e: I think I subconsciously tuned out whenever Millium was talking

Gato fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Sep 14, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CS2 spoilers

Plus the entire thing was set up by Osborne anyway and at best he was just caught off-guard by Crow getting far enough to shoot him which was apparently not a big concern for him in the first place.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

ImpAtom posted:

CS2 spoilers

Plus the entire thing was set up by Osborne anyway and at best he was just caught off-guard by Crow getting far enough to shoot him which was apparently not a big concern for him in the first place.

The lead up to this reveal is made even crazier by the fact that Xeno and Leo seem to be working for Rufus because he has a way to bring people back from the dead, which is likely what they did for Osborne, who dies of a wound in the same place Crow gets impaled.(which also makes me think Rean might try to do the same for Crow and that's why hes working for Osborne.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

So, uh, that was certain some Christmas. :magical:

On a cheerier note, why exactly did best girl try and stop you from completing your mission, even attempting to drag in someone who would have flattened the party, if her specific orders were to watch the fortress fall. Could she just not help herself in the face of her previous humiliation? :v:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Lord Koth posted:

So, uh, that was certain some Christmas. :magical:

On a cheerier note, why exactly did best girl try and stop you from completing your mission, even attempting to drag in someone who would have flattened the party, if her specific orders were to watch the fortress fall. Could she just not help herself in the face of her previous humiliation? :v:

That's a pretty solid summary of Duvalie, yeah.

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

I'M TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN!

ImpAtom posted:

CS2 spoilers

Might want to specify how late in the game those spoilers are; I thought I was safe because I'm nearing the end but you still got me.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!

epenthesis posted:

Might want to specify how late in the game those spoilers are; I thought I was safe because I'm nearing the end but you still got me.

My thought on spoilers is just don't mouse over them until you beat the game. I know I couldn't help myself so I just avoided the topic until then.

pick-e
Aug 10, 2014
Man, I'm still in Act 1 and not for lack of trying. I think CSII is may be the camel that breaks my PS3 HDD's back. :ohdear: I'd had some issues with its performance earlier in the year, but nothing like stuttering, delayed audio and crazily bad load/save times. Time to pray it survives the system backup process and invest in a new one. Oh, if only Falcom would've announced CS/CSII Definitive Editions for PS4...

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

higher quality version of that CS III artwork (courtesy of Hatsuu)

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Motto posted:

Them some dead looking eyes.

Hm. Looks like it's actually his CS2 outfit just with the coat traded out?

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Motto posted:

Holy poo poo, the shadow behind him is Crow, isn't it. I guess that theory about Rean looking to bring him back the way Osborne had been might have legs after all.

SC Bracer fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Sep 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Now that I've had some time to sit on the ending I kind of want to post some of my thoughts.

Something non-spoiler to start off, I really wish I could've had some kind of save load out options for quartz, I wasn't really a fan of the auto-equip and I'm kind of a fan of changing up my party when I can.

Now some Ending thoughts.

I ended up enjoying the boss squad in this game more then I thought I would, the Zephyr guys felt refreshing in a way, the Ouroboros representatives were either not that serious about the end goal, or Duvalie, who I kind of feel stole most of the scenes she was in. Thought I'm kind of torn on the possibility of Ouroboros not having this go their way in the end, since it feels kind of like we might be trading an evil that prefers to manipulate from the shadows, to one that is a bit more overt in the methods they use. It'll be interesting to see Rean after this game, What with his current position since he's probably going to wind up doing more work like in post-finale sequence.

Also while I probably shouldn't read too much into it, I think the epilogue dungeon may have shed some light on how the schoolhouse/Divine Knight trials worked, with Valimar mentioning the odd fluctuations in the septium vein/spirit veins, I can't remember which it was right this second, and the Schoolhouse's reaction to that. It also kind of fits with the spirit shrines a bit, since not too far away from the Terra shrine we had to fight the worm boss from SC. Which was mentioned to grow or react in some manner to the septium veins acting up. Though this is probably more a symptom of some larger problems in the end, like the war.

Also I enjoyed that apparently Lloyd can get the same basic mechanical benefits of Rean's ogre stuff, by just pushing himself really hard.