Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

It's probably just a reference for manga people to say "I get it"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

El Burbo posted:

It's probably just a reference for manga people to say "I get it"

this.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
We are not getting to the broccoli on this run of the anime. In fact, we are not getting past Claw 7th Branch, outside of some cleanup stuff afterwards. It isn't running for more than this one cour or we would've heard about it by now, with only 4 episodes left to air in the current cour. There is no reason for them to have not mentioned that by now.

It'll take a break and maybe in two years we'll get another cour that covers Reigen losing his reputation and the Mogami arc, and then a while down the line, a season 3 that covers the downfall of Claw, and if all goes well, a season 4 covering the broccoli arc. We don't know how long this broccoli arc is going to be, but its looking like ONE really wants to either end on chapter 100 or have something specific happen at chapter 100.

You also can't consider how many episodes the anime will cover from chapter count because starting at chapter 70 or so, every chapter is released over multiple weeks and gets really long. Chapter 90 alone is over 100 pages!

At absolute best I could see us getting one more season of Mob every year for three or four years, and that would rule. But there is no way it'll come faster than that - they've set the bar way too high and started working on the current batch of episodes an entire year ago. A year per season to maintain this level of quality is the best we could hope for.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDMVI2yOec4

preview

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

gnome7 posted:

We are not getting to the broccoli on this run of the anime. In fact, we are not getting past Claw 7th Branch, outside of some cleanup stuff afterwards. It isn't running for more than this one cour or we would've heard about it by now, with only 4 episodes left to air in the current cour. There is no reason for them to have not mentioned that by now.

It'll take a break and maybe in two years we'll get another cour that covers Reigen losing his reputation and the Mogami arc, and then a while down the line, a season 3 that covers the downfall of Claw, and if all goes well, a season 4 covering the broccoli arc. We don't know how long this broccoli arc is going to be, but its looking like ONE really wants to either end on chapter 100 or have something specific happen at chapter 100.

You also can't consider how many episodes the anime will cover from chapter count because starting at chapter 70 or so, every chapter is released over multiple weeks and gets really long. Chapter 90 alone is over 100 pages!

At absolute best I could see us getting one more season of Mob every year for three or four years, and that would rule. But there is no way it'll come faster than that - they've set the bar way too high and started working on the current batch of episodes an entire year ago. A year per season to maintain this level of quality is the best we could hope for.

With the multi-week chapters each week still would count as a chapter. That would mean Reigen's arc is 6 chapters and Mogami's is about 16. That totals to 5 and a half episodes at the current pace.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I don't want to wait two years for another cour.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

mabels big day posted:

I don't want to wait two years for another cour.

Theowulv
Feb 21, 2015

My wall can now attack
I doubt we'll have to wait two years. I could see it coming back during next years spring season.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Oh I thought it was 24 episodes because I can't really see a good place to end things besides Boss Fight. Oh well, Claw arc animated is still gonna be real great.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Mob's wearing that drat monkey shirt underneath his school jacket in one of the latest chapters.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
Ch.96.5

Replenish your blood sugar with delicious divine tree candy.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

Mob's wearing that drat monkey shirt underneath his school jacket in one of the latest chapters.

Monkey-T Poison

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

That's not exactly what I imagined the old guy's voice to be like, voice-changer or no.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Really hammering in the infant metaphor.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Feels like the answer to Mob's question is left a little ambiguous but I'm likely just overreading it.

This is amazing though:

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i'm glad Serizawa's making friends

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

tiistai posted:

This is amazing though:

holy moley

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

tiistai posted:

This is amazing though:

superb

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

tiistai posted:

Feels like the answer to Mob's question is left a little ambiguous but I'm likely just overreading it.

This is amazing though:

Mob ftw.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I think Reigen is faking it

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Well, they left the "Reigen is the boss of claw" reveal as this week's anime cliffhanger. Good poo poo.

The 100% Rejection bit is something they added for the anime it seems. There's no meter or explosion in that scene in the manga. Kind of weird but it works I guess. But Mob's going to have to build all the way back up to 100% in next week's episode.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

El Burbo posted:

What parts do you want to be cliffhangers in the anime.

I would want

The reaction would be good, probably

THEY loving DID IT! And in the best way possible!

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good poo poo go౦ԁ poo poo👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌poo poo right👌👌there👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯 i say so 💯 thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good poo poo

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Next weeks episode might actually be the pinnacle of all creation.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

I seriously cannot wait. I've been looking forward to the next episode since the series began. I can't wait to see the rest of Reigen's secret techniques.

I'm also super bummed that it'll be several seasons before we see the Justifiable Self Defense Rush.
though it may not qualify as justifiable
but he's yelling it anyway
and that counts
Reigen's secret technique

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Next weeks episode might actually be the pinnacle of all creation.

There's no "might" about it.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

mabels big day posted:

There's no "might" about it.

Well there's still the next season, so it's just temporary.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I know I'm gonna cry, because I re-read these chapters last week and I still got cramps from laughing too hard.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Reigen is still the best

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Xarbala posted:

Reigen is still the best

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
I mean tbh i think we've kind of reached a point where it would be pretty hard for Reigen to not be the best.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

El Burbo posted:

I think Reigen is faking it

He's the world's most powerful psychic.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

so many people are sure reigen actually is claw's boss, lol.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Kind of disappointing a couple people figured it out.

Anyway, I was worried for a while that they were going to miss the opportunity at the end of this episode, but they nailed it like usual, I was a fool to not trust them, etc.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

AnoHito posted:

Kind of disappointing a couple people figured it out.

Anyway, I was worried for a while that they were going to miss the opportunity at the end of this episode, but they nailed it like usual, I was a fool to not trust them, etc.

I think it's cute that some are taking the Reigen debate seriously.

When the ultimate truth is that Reigen is, actually, the best

Protodude
Dec 10, 2013

Fun Shoe
When I first read that scene I never for a second thought he was actually Claw's boss, I immediately knew he either bullshitted his way in or it was pure dumb luck for him, and it got one of the biggest laughs from me in the entire series. It's kind of funny seeing the reactions from people watching the anime be so different, and I especially loved that narration in the next episode preview.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I know that when I read it, I started laughing, not go all "oh poo poo"

Also nobody in the anime thread caught onto the detail that the boss was coming next month, not today.

I am absolutely digging how into it they are though.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AQ0-KXSS4Y&t=1232s

a n i m e o n l y s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Oh man that is some fine clifftrolling