Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Monaghan posted:

I tried X1 but I just found the combat frustrating and boring.

It feels bad, the grind is nightmarish, and it lacks in characters and features.

I want to be able to be Great Ape or any level of SS, and if I make a Freeza I should be able to go 1, 2, 3, 4, Cooler, or Golden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I used Cheat Engine to sidestep the grind (guaranteed drops), but yeah, that cosmetic system was way too limited. Should have just made the basic suits, let you swap colors and styles as textures or whatever, and then allowed adding of icons and stuff for symbols. Instead, like fifteen variations of different styles of Saiyan armor!

Just way too many limits. Loved the idea, and the story was fun, but being on nextgen systems exclusively should be better I would think.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
The worst part was tying stats to equipment. You can't customize your character if you're skill conscious! I've heard it isn't *that* big of a modifier, but I don't care, it's the principle of the thing.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
When are they going to have a DBZ game with only one stat: Power Level. Seems kind of dumb that none of them use the one stat that the show actually provides!

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

New Leaf posted:

The worst part was tying stats to equipment. You can't customize your character if you're skill conscious! I've heard it isn't *that* big of a modifier, but I don't care, it's the principle of the thing.

Yeah, it doesn't matter how minor it is, if I'm SUB-OPTIMAL it just feels off. Costumes should always be cosmetic in games like this.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I just want the Saiyan armor and a scouter. That's it, I don't really need anything else, bar maybe Bardock's bandana. Just let me have it game, instead of making my Fist Lady run around in Kid Chichi's clothes for a precious few extra points of punching.

Also balance be damned, just let me have what moves I want, or AT LEAST just let me buy them or something, don't do this awful grind+trainer nightmare poo poo aaaaaaaah

I bought that game thinking it was just a new Tenkaichi-like and BOY IS THAT NOT THE CASE.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Rodyle posted:

Every major release delayed out of October is another worrying step towards my buying Xenoverse 2 and making another Saiyan 18.

What major release was pushed back? The only major release in October IS Xenoverse 2. :axe:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Drowning Rabbit posted:

What major release was pushed back? The only major release in October IS Xenoverse 2. :axe:

both FFXV and Last Guardian were supposed to come out in October and they've been shoved back

now I stand on the edge, infinitely approaching the siren call of Bardock's Bandana

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rodyle posted:

both FFXV and Last Guardian were supposed to come out in October and they've been shoved back

now I stand on the edge, infinitely approaching the siren call of Bardock's Bandana

FFXV was supposed to come out in September actually. World of Final Fantasy is October tho'.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

oh right

either way, now nothing stands between me and Loving That Goku

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the only thing that ever stood between you and loving that goku was yourself

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Rutibex posted:

When are they going to have a DBZ game with only one stat: Power Level. Seems kind of dumb that none of them use the one stat that the show actually provides!

Legend of the Super Saiyan (and, from that one, I'm guessing all of that series from Kyushu! Saiyan forward) did exactly that, Power Level was an actual stat. Zenkai was also a mechanic, and those could be combined for hilariously glitchy results because Legend of the Super Saiyan is not a good game.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Rutibex posted:

I would like this as just an option in DB fighting games, even though it would just be a stupid gimmick. It would also mean that Krillin would be a total badass since you could effectively combo solar flare and destucto disk on enemies that he otherwise could not damage at all.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Rodyle posted:

Last Guardian is never coming out and World of Final Fantasy is supremely skipable.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Legend of the Super Saiyan (and, from that one, I'm guessing all of that series from Kyushu! Saiyan forward) did exactly that, Power Level was an actual stat. Zenkai was also a mechanic, and those could be combined for hilariously glitchy results because Legend of the Super Saiyan is not a good game.

Legend of the Super Saiyan is a funny lets play when absurdly broken, which makes it a passable game.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

xenoverse was cool but it had enough problems that I'm glad I spent like $20 on it instead of the full price

I wanna play xenoverse 2 but I'm probably not gonna get it right away

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
It's okay everyone. I got to the 22nd tournament.

DB is good when Goku's not involved in anything that's happening. Interesting fights, actual drama, Bulma's fresh perky boobs...

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Blaze Dragon posted:

It is a bad, dumb game that's not really worth playing, but it has moments that are worth experiencing at least once.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Can we talk about how absurd and hilarious this episode was? I was talking to my brother about it, and he didn't seem to get it.

The best filler slice of life episode from any Dragon Ball ever.

e: Sorry to make people so mad.

Mogomra fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Sep 13, 2016

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Pan being unstoppably powerful is way more in line with how dragonball's bullshit genetics work and way better than what the gently caress GT did with her so it's my favorite thing

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Basically Saiyan blood is homeopathic.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Mogomra posted:

Can we talk about how absurd and hilarious this episode was? I was talking to my brother about it, and he didn't seem to get it.

The best filler episode from any Dragon Ball ever.

It's not filler though?

100% canon baby

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Blockhouse posted:

Pan being unstoppably powerful is way more in line with how dragonball's bullshit genetics work and way better than what the gently caress GT did with her so it's my favorite thing

She's only unstoppable because no one wants to hit a baby.

Yet.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I bet Vegeta would break Pan's goddamn nose if she were his grandbaby.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Spiritus Nox posted:

I bet Vegeta would break Pan's goddamn nose if she were his grandbaby.

Piccolo's the safe bet. No problems beating a 5 year old before super saiyan was even a thing.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

sassassin posted:

Piccolo's the safe bet. No problems beating a 5 year old before super saiyan was even a thing.

Piccolo was like eight years old himself at that point, cut him some slack

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Dexo posted:

It's not filler though?

100% canon baby

Of course it is, but if you remove the episode, the only main story you'd miss is that Goku sneaks off with Berus and Whis to meet Zamasu.

That's all I meant.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

sassassin posted:

Part of me is hoping that Xenoverse 2 will have an alternate Pan moveset with the Special Beam Cannon.

Big Green Grunkle is best teacher.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Mogomra posted:

Of course it is, but if you remove the episode, the only main story you'd miss is that Goku sneaks off with Berus and Whis to meet Zamasu.

That's all I meant.

also character development or something

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Augus posted:

also character development or something

:yeah: It's a good episode, I agree.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Mogomra posted:

the only main story you'd miss is that Goku sneaks off with Berus and Whis to meet Zamasu.

That's literally the catalyst of this entire arc though.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

StrifeHira posted:

Part of me is hoping that Xenoverse 2 will have an alternate Pan moveset with the Special Beam Cannon.

Nice back pecs, piccolo.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Ammat The Ankh posted:

That's literally the catalyst of this entire arc though.

And it takes all of 30 seconds to convey that part of the story. You don't even know until they're long gone.

The only point I was trying to make was that it was a slice of life episode rather than a meat and potatoes episode. Yeesh.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Just because it doesn't advance the plot as a direct result of the event does not make it filler

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

StrifeHira posted:

It's too bad Piccolo is going to out live his adopted son. That's going be a pretty tragic arc.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

piccolo can use his kami powers to hang out with gohan in the afterlife

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ethiser posted:

It's too bad Piccolo is going to out live his adopted son. That's going be a pretty tragic arc.

Eh, it isn't like Gohan hasn't died before.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Ethiser posted:

In Dragonball, no one really cares. Hell, Piccolo, being kami, can visit him at King Yemma's palace.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

ImpAtom posted:

Eh, it isn't like Gohan hasn't died before.

Yeah, and Piccolo died way before him too. I think they've already got grieving out of the way.

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

If the Saiyan slowed aging thing is passed down in the same way as power level, according to dragonball bullshit genetics Gohan is going to live to be like 500 years old anyway.

Pan will be immortal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Saiyans don't live longer, they stay young longer.

• Locked thread