Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
As one of the GLs once said, Hal (and to a general extent, all GLs) don't buy what Bruce sells. Batman is based on fear, GLs overcome fear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

MisterBibs posted:

As one of the GLs once said, Hal (and to a general extent, all GLs) don't buy what Bruce sells. Batman is based on fear, GLs overcome fear.

They overcome their own fear. Do they really have a problem with scaring their enemies?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

MisterBibs posted:

Yeah, but Hal is a pedophile.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Boogaleeboo posted:

Yeah, but Hal is a pedophile.

Her planet obviously revolves around their sun faster making her legal age as far as Hal cared.
I forget if that was the actual justification or not.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
It's stupid enough to be believable, certainly.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Green Lanterns have a long and proud history of being butts to Bats.
Quoting it here since it was at the bottom of the last page.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

She used her ring to make herself physically older.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SilverSupernova posted:

Her planet obviously revolves around their sun faster making her legal age as far as Hal cared.
I forget if that was the actual justification or not.

Oh no, Hal cared about that. He called her Little Sister and claimed that didn't change her actual age.

He just changed his mind once she used her ring to make herself physically older!!!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Percentage wise there's more good books about Laura than Logan.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Last time i looked she was sharing an apartment with a younger clone of herself, Old Man Logan and an actual wolverine.

It's the perfect sitcom setup.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

MisterBibs posted:

That was John. And I found it kinda funny cause he really only says that about Hal, so I take it to mean he totally buys Bats' hype. Guy obviously gets no say in anything Batman related forever.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Gnome de plume posted:

Last time i looked she was sharing an apartment with a younger clone of herself, Old Man Logan and an actual wolverine.

It's the perfect sitcom setup.

The latest issue is gonna bring you down man.

ub
Feb 9, 2003

no dont
Pillbug

CharlestheHammer posted:

The latest issue is gonna bring you down man.

Hoping somehow it's some kind of fake-out but I doubt it.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

SonicRulez posted:

That was John. And I found it kinda funny cause he really only says that about Hal, so I take it to mean he totally buys Bats' hype. Guy obviously gets no say in anything Batman related forever.

It's been a while, but when Guy was in JLA back in the 90s didn't Batman more less scare the piss out him?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I'm still mad that young Cyclops got poached before him and x23 could really hook up and weird everyone out, but her and Warren was a nice consolation prize.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

SonicRulez posted:

What? Green Lanterns don't buy Batman's poo poo. Guy got one punched, but at least he called him out. And in JLA (maybe Tower of Babel?) Batman is talking to Kyle, and Kyle is sketching Batman with his ring, making him look like a cartoon vampire. John was never in any of the iconic Justice Leagues in the comics, so he never really got much of a chance stand up to Batman, but I wouldn't be surprised if he did at some point.

If you want to make your character look cool, just have them clown on Batman.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Hal clowns on Batman a lot since the New 52, but it's pretty much always for Batman to look cooler next to dumb jock Hal.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

WickedHate posted:

Hal clowns on Batman a lot since the New 52, but it's pretty much always for Batman to look cooler next to dumb jock Hal.

I wasn't particularly impressed by the JLA (DC-wide) reboot but I did really dig the Hal/Batman interactions:

Edit: Later on in the same issue (I think) he volunteers to do something heroic while holding Wonder Woman's lasso, so adds on at the end,"I'll do it but not because I'm noble like the Flash, I just wanna impress you!" :xd:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

What's up with the special-kid padded helmet on Archangel here. At least, I assume it's Archangel since someone on this page said it was Warren, and last time I checked (which admittedly wasn't recently) there weren't a whole hell of a lot of blonde dude mutants with wings.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Sep 13, 2016

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Malachite_Dragon posted:

What's up with the special-kid padded helmet on Archangel here

Well, the original Angel keeps going crazy when his brain gets tampered with, so as soon as they got Kid Warren they figured better safe than sorry.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.
Can someone explain why kid Warren has fire wings?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Assuming its some Black Vortex dumbfuckery

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Chaos Hippy posted:

Writers have always had an understandably hard time making normal wings dynamic in a world where all the other Xmen exist, so they jump on any excuse to diversify him

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

SHIELD by Kirby and Lee, and SHIELD by Steranko are on sale so I bought em.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Chaos Hippy posted:

Someone asked "Can we make Angel cool but not, like, in a 90's way?" And then they tried.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

SynthOrange posted:

SHIELD by Kirby and Lee, and SHIELD by Steranko are on sale so I bought em.

Is that helmet supposed to keep Fury from chewing on his stitches?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The best Hal/Batman interaction was in ASBAR.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

mind the walrus posted:

Writers have always had an understandably hard time making normal wings dynamic in a world where all the other Xmen exist, so they jump on any excuse to diversify him
Fire is also quite a bit faster to draw than feathers.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Should have made him a batboy or have the wings be projections of the focused totality of his telepathic powers. Because I hear that's a thing.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you know what is easier to draw than fire? an empty space.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

mind the walrus posted:

See also: Hawkman

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gorilla Salad posted:

Should have made him a batboy or have the wings be projections of the focused totality of his telepathic powers. Because I hear that's a thing.

But he has no telepathic pow-

Ohhhhhh

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Bless, trying his best :3:

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

NoneMoreNegative posted:

what superman didn't know is that Spider man is a master of hokuto no ken.

Supes is already dead.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Gotta love Superman's body language there. The way he hangs his shoulders from panel two to three and then adapts the classical "Are you done yet" pose cracks me up.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

NoneMoreNegative posted:

The transition from Superman's surprised-hands to resigned-hands in panels 2-3 is great.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
This evening the role of Spiderman will be played by E. Honda

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

I wish I had a panel I remember from one of the other DC-Marvel crossovers.

The Avengers and JLA cross paths, and start having the kind of tense and mistrustful discussion you'd expect from crossover comic where, you know, they have to all fight at least once. Thor is eventually all "I say thee gently caress this" and hurls himself towards Superman.

Time slows to a crawl. Superman looks at Thor. Looks at the hammer. Looks back at Thor. Smirks...and is instantly knocked unconscious.

The rest of the JLA freaks the gently caress out and dog-piles the Alternate Universe Wing-head Superman who is clearly like, fifty times stronger than Real Superman, holy poo poo, we're Earth's only hope.

e: i was full of poo poo, but it was a good dream

Doc Hawkins fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Sep 13, 2016

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Not quite, but came across it while searching:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

Isn't Thor's hammer magic, ie one of those few things that Superman is sorta weak to?