Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

i hope that subscription model is true so that i can get a free nx then cancel my subscription and just buy games normally

e: or rent them or borrow them from friends which would make more sense look either way it's dumb

romanowski fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Sep 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

romanowski posted:

i hope that subscription model is true so that i can get a free nx then cancel my subscription and just buy games normally

but 10$ for all games too!

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

If, hypothetically, that payment system were real (it's not), they'd do something similar to cell phone plans where if you cancel before a certain period you get charged for the remaining cost of the console. No sneaky free NX for you!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

They call him browndudegaming because he's full of poo poo!

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

It makes total sense, you guys are just so behind, the NX is just the subscription model for the New Nintendo Wii U Ex+ Alpha

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

InFlames235 posted:

So nothing happened at the Gamestop thing today I'm guessing?

Reportedly, an exec said that there would be NX news "very soon," which is a meaninglessly subjective phrase that can mean anything from the next 48 hours to the next month, so... effectively nothing.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
The leaks, which were fake, described a hybrid handheld console with good modern tablet guts that made all kinds of sense for Nintendo. So they threw out their original obviously terrible idea, shifted gears over to making that instead and need to buy time.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The only people who need to buy time are future purchasers of the NX, Nintendo's revolutionary time travel device.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I would be down for a subscription model. After finding out how much I love PS Now on the PC I kinda wish everyone would do it. I always loved Gametap because you couldn't rent PC games, and I really like the idea of learning about a new game, and then you're playing it 2 minutes later. This type of thing rings true for people who have memories of buying/renting a game that looked cool in the store and ended up being poo poo. Of course part of the problem is that the industry decided at some point that they don't need to make demos for games anymore.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
prepare urself for a spoopy halloween....

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Kurtofan posted:

so if im understanding this correctly, the NX won't be revealed in october because she said it will

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Hasn't she been wrong about this like 3 times now?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

SilverSupernova posted:

She'll be right eventually.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

SilverSupernova posted:

No, she's actually never claimed to know anything about the reveal date prior to this tweet.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
there are only so many months

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Can we start probating emily rogers twitter posts

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

You heard it here first, the NX will be revealed within the next 17 days.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

I have no idea if she's right about this, and I know she's gotten some stuff wrong in the past, but I'm not sure exactly what Emily has done to earn this reputation as the biggest lying liar who ever lied about insider info. Nearly all her NX info has been backed up by much more reputable sources.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I can't reveal my source, but I can confirm with 100% accuracy the NX will be revealed before March 2017. Also a bonus tidbit, it will launch with more than 1 game.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've never played Paper Mario, why are people upset about this new one?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

katkillad2 posted:

I can't reveal my source, but I can confirm with 100% accuracy the NX will be revealed before March 2017. Also a bonus tidbit, it will launch with more than 1 game.

This sounds like a :toxx: to me.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

I've never played Paper Mario, why are people upset about this new one?

Because the Paper Mario games on N64 and Gamecube were good and then the next two were both different than those (and from each other) and the latest one is like the one just proceeding it which had really boring gameplay.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Phantasium posted:

Because the Paper Mario games on N64 and Gamecube were good and then the next two were both different than those (and from each other) and the latest one is like the one just proceeding it which had really boring gameplay.

It's a really weird case of Nintendo striking gold with a perfect formula that could've been repeated for several more games, and in trying to do something new and different instead they sucked out everything good about the original product.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Not gonna lie, I would totally play Pokemon Go if you could somehow steal peoples Pokemon from them.

Step 1 find person playing pokemon go

Step 2 punch them

Step 3 steal their phone

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

Barry Convex posted:

I have no idea if she's right about this, and I know she's gotten some stuff wrong in the past, but I'm not sure exactly what Emily has done to earn this reputation as the biggest lying liar who ever lied about insider info. Nearly all her NX info has been backed up by much more reputable sources.

She got my hopes up for Mother 3 and now I will never trust her or anyone ever again.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Steve2911 posted:

It's a really weird case of Nintendo striking gold with a perfect formula that could've been repeated for several more games, and in trying to do something new and different instead they sucked out everything good about the original product.

But the next two both sold better than the first two

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

greatn posted:

But the next two both sold better than the first two

That's unfortunate. People are dumb.

Fireant
Sep 13, 2003

Information Gatherer
Forbes: NX Likely to be delayed
- Source: Ronald Reagan's corpse

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2016/09/13/the-nintendo-nx-seems-like-its-on-track-for-a-delay/#7eebb4e30703

Pack it up boys, close the thread, smoke NX if you got em.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Jonas Albrecht posted:

So what ended up being your favorite Wii U game, thread?

i didn't play any because wiiu is trash

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

With all the stuff people seem to be saying it does, can you really blame them? It sounds miraculous.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Fireant posted:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2016/09/13/the-nintendo-nx-seems-like-its-on-track-for-a-delay/#7eebb4e30703

I wish that fire near his face was real.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Paper Mario Color Splash is really good according to all the people writing previews right now who actually have review copies.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Girding my loins for Wii Thrii, Autumn 2017

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

greatn posted:

Paper Mario Color Splash is really good according to all the people writing previews right now who actually have review copies.

People said Sticker Star was good and that was a loving shitheap.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
sticker star was alright imo but it could have benefited from not having boss fights that require you to use an item to beat the boss

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Fireant posted:

delayed... to october!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

BillmasterCozb posted:

sticker star was alright imo but it could have benefited from not having boss fights that require you to use an item to beat the boss

That was cool

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Fireant posted:

In all seriousness, I will not be surprised at all if this actually turns out to be true.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

The probability of delay is about the only thing that sounds reasonable at this point.

I'm just looking forward to talking/being excited about Nintendo games again. I "came back" to Nintendo in 2013 via the Wii U (and then 3ds soon after) and it was a great time up until Splatoon. Everything fell off a cliff right after E3 2015 and it's bizarre how long this dead period has been going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

... lol ok :jerkbag:

Kurtofan posted:

Does this broad do anything but make obvious guesses?

Fireant posted:

Jesus fuckin Christ

• Locked thread