Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Nice! Hopefully the base game goes on sale for $5 again soon so I can get a couple of friends who were on the fence to jump aboard and give it a shot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Man, this sale has a ton of games I want but very few for prices that feel like much of a sale. Oh well.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Lovers seems to be lumped into every sale and I keep telling people to buy it.

So buy it.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
Is anyone else unable to look at all the weekly deals? On the ps4 the store says it is under maintenance, and on the laptop, it says the page timed out. I am able to look at the "couples" sale, but not much else.

edit: Also, is the psn sale on Overwatch a good one? I see it for $59 at some stores, but after tax it would end up being more (I'm in canada)

Shnag fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Sep 13, 2016

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Shnag posted:

Is anyone else unable to look at all the weekly deals? On the ps4 the store says it is under maintenance, and on the laptop, it says the page timed out. I am able to look at the "couples" sale, but not much else.

edit: Also, is the psn sale on Overwatch a good one? I see it for $59 at some store, but after tax it would end up being more.(in canada)

The weekly deals keep crashing Chrome. :v:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I tried logging into the web store and it said Sign-In Failed so I assume it's web store being web store.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 361 days!

Shnag posted:

It looks like the "Batman Day" sales page seem to be hanging up the weekly deals page, as it crashes the same way.

Also, hoo doggie these are some bad sales

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Yeah poo poo is down.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Yeah, when I finally got the web store to stop signing me out the weekly deals page wouldn't load. I went back to the first page and the site emptied my cart. I tried on my PS4 and it told me the store is down for maintenance.

SONY!!! :argh:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

pacman ce 2 owns so far

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

univbee posted:

You also can't add stuff in your library to folders without it being installed so it's not really useful for sectioning off expired betas and poo poo.

I know this is a common complaint would be nice if you could delete content associated with your account

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I don''t mean to sound like a cheap rear end in a top hat, but as someone who has bought Don't Starve, Reign of Giants, and Shipwrecked on PS4... is the price for DS:Together REALLY 14.99??

I mean... isn't it just basically the same game but with friends. (Which is awesome...)

[edit] Weird. The MegaPack includes all games and DLC (and "Together" for 10.79. Guess thats my jam.

Feenix fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Sep 13, 2016

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

:siren: LooK! Wow! Act Now! :siren:
Luxurious Life Avatar AVAILABLE NOW! only 19.99 usd!

INCREDIBLE! You deserve this!

quote:

Why? Cause you can! It ain't luxurious if everyone can have it.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/avatars/luxurious-life-avatar/cid=UP8805-CUSA03855_00-AV00000000000059

AMAZING!!!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i hate those loving theme/avatar dealers on psn

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Fuckin awesome!

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

...! posted:

The new Pac-Man game is fun but hard as hell. Surprisingly, unlike the first one it actually has a platinum trophy.

It makes me feel old and slow in a way the previous one didn't, I'm so bad. The change to ghost behavior, bombs, and how stages are cleared as whole instead of half and half is really throwing me, but it's cool to see a sequel that really feels different.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I actually found myself completely losing track of Pac on screen amidst all the effects going off, more than once, maybe I'm getting too old for this....

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

The slowmo when you gently caress up instead of bumping was probably more forgiving, but it pissed off basically everyone who was good at the game so I see why they took it out. If you're not ready to time trial Pacman you're out of your league anyway

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

When is that drat discount code shipping so I can stack it with the dark souls 3 sale before that's over :/

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

When is that drat discount code shipping so I can stack it with the dark souls 3 sale before that's over :/

You should have received it in your e-mail by now....I got it last week.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Dark Souls 3 will proooobably be on sale plenty more times in the future (and at a deeper discount, if Bloodborne is any indication.) That said, the game is well worth it at full/any discounted price.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

You mean the 20% one from the summer promotion? I got mine just over a week ago...

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I did too and completely skipped it over until I went "hey, I should have gotten that a while back" and went looking.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Search your inbox for "Here's your 20% discount code". I got mine on Sept 6 (although I didn't find it until just now.). It expires on Oct 4, so I guess I better find a game to go with Alienation and burn it before I forget about it.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
What the heck is the Playstation Rewards things, is it worth it, and It seems to want me to link to Facebook, which I don't have, can I get around that?

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Anora posted:

What the heck is the Playstation Rewards things, is it worth it, and It seems to want me to link to Facebook, which I don't have, can I get around that?

You don't have to link it to Facebook, at least mine sure as hell isn't. It is basically just like a basic rewards program, I think by default you get the equivalent of 1% of your purchase back in points, but a lot of PSN sales give triple points. That in itself isn't super great, but if you have a Playstation credit card you get 10% back on all PSN purchases, which IS super great. I think these even stack, so you can get something like 13% back on a PSN sale purchase.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
So now that the Batman sale page actually loads, is any of the Arkham Knight DLC worthwhile for spending the twelve extra bucks rather than just getting the base game?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

No. 100% no. Base game has enough stuff to keep you busy until you get bored.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Has WB ever put out any DLC that was worth paying more than a buck or two for?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

axleblaze posted:

if you think mk is a good then probably all that monster stuff like alien that broke the game.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah, I forgot that was WB. Netherrealm are not good at not breaking their games but I don't think you can say the dlc they put out isn't worth the money.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Overlord K posted:

So now that the Batman sale page actually loads, is any of the Arkham Knight DLC worthwhile for spending the twelve extra bucks rather than just getting the base game?

the extra missions are good get that. and batman 66 is worth it for the good skins

Eldred
Feb 19, 2004
Weight gain is impossible.

axleblaze posted:

Does the day-one Catwoman DLC for Arkham City count? That had some decent twists on the normal gameplay, although the pacing was a bit off.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

LawfulWaffle posted:

Search your inbox for "Here's your 20% discount code". I got mine on Sept 6 (although I didn't find it until just now.). It expires on Oct 4, so I guess I better find a game to go with Alienation and burn it before I forget about it.

Hmm, what's the best method of contacting customer service if I didn't receive mine? I def bought Abzu and Bound before they went on sale, and I'm in Canada if that affects the type of CS support that's preferable.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Eldred posted:

Does the day-one Catwoman DLC for Arkham City count? That had some decent twists on the normal gameplay, although the pacing was a bit off.
I guess it's technically DLC... but wasn't that more of an Anti-Used-Game measure (i.e. all new copies included a code) than "traditional" paid DLC?

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Yeah, map in the base game was clearly designed for her with her own collectibles

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Yeah I definitely didn't get mine and I have the receipts for both preorders. I'll email them or something

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So was the discount code from Play2016 supposed to be 12 characters? Trying to redeem it on the PSN Store right now and it's giving me the "nah this isn't a long enough code to even enter into the system"

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Quantum of Phallus posted:

No. 100% no. Base game has enough stuff to keep you busy until you get bored.

I'll put a counterpoint to this, if you like zoning out to Batman when you're doing other poo poo, it's a great deal.

There's an absurd amount of challenge rooms and skins and whatever that come with the season pass (just try browsing the DLC in-game, it takes forever), but it's really kind of hit or miss if it's something you'll actually be in to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

kalensc posted:

Hmm, what's the best method of contacting customer service if I didn't receive mine? I def bought Abzu and Bound before they went on sale, and I'm in Canada if that affects the type of CS support that's preferable.

I'd give you a link but PlayStation's website is blocked from my work internet. They have an online chat with support that I found to be very helpful in refunding a preorder. Took a little while for the fund to be put back in my wallet, but I made the request on a Friday and it was done in less than a week. I'd recommend the support chat available from the website, and they should be able to sort it out for you.

• Locked thread